Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jealousy 09:47 - Jan 27 with 3320 viewsnadera78

This isn't something I ever thought I'd feel but it's true - I'm jealous of Swansea and Newcastle. Stable, well run clubs with a clear, logical, affordable and, most importantly, long-term plan.

Swansea have just bought a promising young English midfielder from Exeter (another well run club for their size btw) and will give him time to further develop. Newcastle are seemingly on the verge of signing Dele Alli for £4million, to go alongside Lascelles and Darlow. All highly promising players, especially Alli, who already have a good grounding and the potential to push on much further in the PL.

Wasn't long ago both of those clubs were in a mess. Both of them seem to be operating the way we used to: buy young, develop your own and then sell on. Use the profits to sustain the club. Sigh.
Jealousy on 09:57 - Jan 27 with 3291 viewsbosh67

Newcastle may be stable but they've just appointed a manager who can't buy a win.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jealousy on 10:09 - Jan 27 with 3256 viewsnadera78

Jealousy on 09:57 - Jan 27 by bosh67

Newcastle may be stable but they've just appointed a manager who can't buy a win.

Just a temporary appointment - they know they're safe from relegation and will likely as not finish mid-table. I like the fact that they've not made a rash appointment and are instead taking their time to see who becomes available between now and the summer.
Jealousy on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 3248 viewsstowmarketrange

I hope they're waiting for Harry to leave us in the summer.
Jealousy on 10:26 - Jan 27 with 3212 viewspaulparker

Yep said in the TF thread that Newcastle & Mike Ashley have it sussed
Ali would be a great signing for the toon especially for 4 million, he can play all over the midfield, behind a striker or play defence , this lad will play for England
add the 2 lads from Forest and yet again Newcastle will have done some great business
Ashley has learnt from his mistakes after getting relegated, he has never signed another "has been " again and buys players from all over Europe with potential
something we have been crying out to do,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jealousy on 10:33 - Jan 27 with 3195 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lots about Newcastle to dislike, but their transfer criteria are sensible and we would be wise to follow.

Under 25, from Europe second tie leagues to find value and with potential. Perex looks like a cracking player in particular.

Also they have a fair few of academy players in the first team too - Ameobi, Dummett, Aarons and Armstrong.
Jealousy on 10:41 - Jan 27 with 3177 viewsrsonist

Some papers saying Newcastle are also nipping ahead of the rest to sign Tyrone Mings off Ipswich.
Jealousy on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 3132 viewspaulparker

Jealousy on 10:41 - Jan 27 by rsonist

Some papers saying Newcastle are also nipping ahead of the rest to sign Tyrone Mings off Ipswich.

Mings would be a very good signing if they can pull that off ,
the Toon would have the makings of a good young team if they get their transfer business done , all they need is a McLaren type manager to coach them and they could be regular top 8

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jealousy on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 3090 viewsbob566

holy crap. Newcastle have been one of the most unstable clubs I could think of off the top of my head. Wasn't so long ago that Joking Ear was in charge of the first team.

Swansea. Fair play to them. Doing it the right way but it helps when you're trying to get up from the league below that all of your red cards are rescinded and somebody buys you a brand new football stadium for free. That was then in fairness and now I have to doff my hat. They have hired very sensible managers and bought very wisely.
Login to get fewer ads

Jealousy on 12:02 - Jan 27 with 3017 viewsBluce_Ree

NewcastLOL? Yeah no thanks.

Sure, they are surviving on the cheap but you aren't factoring in just how much money they make from ticket sales. They are pure underachieving. Sure, they aren't as shit as us but they aren't happy.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Jealousy on 12:22 - Jan 27 with 2953 viewsnadera78

Jealousy on 12:02 - Jan 27 by Bluce_Ree

Sure, they are surviving on the cheap but you aren't factoring in just how much money they make from ticket sales. They are pure underachieving. Sure, they aren't as shit as us but they aren't happy.

On the cheap? Hardly. They only spend what they earn, but what's wrong with that? Better than spunking £200million up the wall in fours years.

Ashley's a prick but he knows how to run a football club. The fact that Newcastle fans are delusional is a different matter.
Jealousy on 12:22 - Jan 27 with 2951 viewsTacticalR

Our horse-punching has become very poor.

Air hostess clique

Jealousy on 12:30 - Jan 27 with 2922 viewsJuzzie

I wouldn't say I'm jealous but I am more a case of 'envious' (a lesser level of jealous?) at these clubs. We were like that once, but then so were Charlton.

We can be like this, all clubs can be like this but football clubs are no different to any other business. Many household names have gone to the wall simply due to bad management. Easy to blame the recession but a lot of the time it's pure incompetence.
Jealousy on 12:33 - Jan 27 with 2911 viewsDANRANGER

Alli getting a lot of rave reviews and he's the sort of player we should be in for but as things stand we'd coach the football out of him. It's not just those 2 clubs we should be jealous of!

We don't ask for much as QPR fans but as Clive's recent article shows, we are a million miles away from becoming the club we all want us to be and we've seriously wasted 4 years. I'm doing some project management courses and it clearly shows QPR have shown a lack of basic management and planning since TF and FB before him.

What will this week bring us, more players on loan that no-one else wants and more money thrown away on wages. For 4m Alli would be a great bit of business and his wage wouldn't need to be substantial and he would definitely get games in our midfield with a huge potential profit if he continues as he has done.
Jealousy on 12:40 - Jan 27 with 2875 viewsizlingtonhoop

On last Sunday's morning sport show on R5 it was revealed that Swansea are the ninth most financially successful club in the world!
Jealousy on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 2848 viewspaulparker

Jealousy on 12:33 - Jan 27 by DANRANGER

Alli getting a lot of rave reviews and he's the sort of player we should be in for but as things stand we'd coach the football out of him. It's not just those 2 clubs we should be jealous of!

We don't ask for much as QPR fans but as Clive's recent article shows, we are a million miles away from becoming the club we all want us to be and we've seriously wasted 4 years. I'm doing some project management courses and it clearly shows QPR have shown a lack of basic management and planning since TF and FB before him.

What will this week bring us, more players on loan that no-one else wants and more money thrown away on wages. For 4m Alli would be a great bit of business and his wage wouldn't need to be substantial and he would definitely get games in our midfield with a huge potential profit if he continues as he has done.

Exactly

years ago the likes of Alli & Mings would be snapped up by Rangers, not now, we are a million miles away from those sorts of signings, even if we did sign Alli do you honestly think HR would play him instead of Barton or Henry
totally right we have wasted 4 years on throwing good money after bad and we are still doing it now with Loan Signings who don't even play , do we ever learn ??
its not jealousy its frustration ,

Jealousy on 13:20 - Jan 27 with 2775 viewsMonahoop

Jealousy on 12:02 - Jan 27 by Bluce_Ree

Yes.

For a city that is fanatical about its football team, Newcastle rank amongst the biggest under achievers in European football. Many football fans a puzzled by the way the Geordies always 'big' their side up, yet achieve very little. At present they are better run than us [ who isn't ? ] but Newcastle fans are always awaiting the next fiasco to befall them. They have suffered more pitfalls than windfalls in the last 50 odd years. The same can be said about Southampton, going well at present, but it's only a matter of time when disaster strikes. I know a couple of Saints fans and they are constantly looking over their shoulders for the next disaster to arrive.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024