Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ange Postecoglou 11:19 - Jan 27 with 3943 viewsHooparoo

We should look no further than the Aussie national team coach for our next manager. Experienced, great tactician, gives youth a chance and is a great competitor and man motivator.

Watching his teams is like watching the great Dutch total football sides of the 70s. Australia's two goals tonight were both from defenders.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ange Postecoglou on 11:25 - Jan 27 with 3920 viewsozexile

An Aussie coach wouldn't be accepted unfortunately.
Ange Postecoglou on 11:32 - Jan 27 with 3910 viewsHooparoo

Ange Postecoglou on 11:25 - Jan 27 by ozexile

An Aussie coach wouldn't be accepted unfortunately.

Why not? He is about to have winning the Asian Cup in his CV.

We need a man with fresh ideas. Ange would reinvigorate QPR.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 11:32]

Ange Postecoglou on 11:42 - Jan 27 with 3880 viewsozexile

I think it would be great. I've read the FFA coaching curriculum and I think its marvellous. Wish our coaches would give it a look.
Ange Postecoglou on 13:25 - Jan 27 with 3772 viewsaston_hoop

Ah why not. I know nothing about him at all but according to his Wikipedia, he once released Bob Malcom so that makes him alright. Talking of the Asian cup, when are we getting those 2 South Korean signings?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ange Postecoglou on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 3748 viewsSydneyRs

Has nothing to lose at the moment. Lost every game at the world cup conceding 9 goals in the process, admittedly in a tough group. Has just beaten the might of the United Arab Emirates on home soil to reach the Asian cup final. The United Arab Emirates in a semi final. Pub league.

Will probably win the Asian cup given they are at home against South Korea who are a shadow of the (very lucky) side coached by Hiddink in 2002. South Korea beat Australia in a Group game last week btw.

Oh and if Tim Cahill, soon to retire, doesn't score there aren't many other goals in that team.

Don't be silly.
Ange Postecoglou on 21:45 - Jan 27 with 3617 viewsonlyrinmoray

Don't think Aussie coach is the answer to our prayers If we are to get a foreign coach surely a Dutch one should be worth a try Technical expertise, bringing on young players, coaching skills, good football they have it all. Koeman has done OK

Anyone know the Eredvise ?
Ange Postecoglou on 03:43 - Jan 28 with 3537 viewsozranger

Lots of comments here but a point is missing. Australian managers/coaches are not seen as being up to scratch by the elitist UK/European leagues and that is the main reason why Ange will not get a job at any top club in Europe. The comments about pub leagues were made in jest or by someone with this elitist attitude and are obviously without any merit. However the OP was not about his ability to do well but the fact he spends more time bringing youth players through. His resume, win or lose against South Korea, has still been a lot better than a large number of managers in Europe. Finally, yes Cahill does score goals but strangely he has only three out of the team's twelve.

However, would Ange be good for the Rs is a different question. Personally, he would be a hell of a lot better than some that have been put forward and perhaps is that one outsider that we need to build a top club from the youth.
Ange Postecoglou on 04:57 - Jan 28 with 3524 viewsozexile

Ange Postecoglou on 03:43 - Jan 28 by ozranger

Lots of comments here but a point is missing. Australian managers/coaches are not seen as being up to scratch by the elitist UK/European leagues and that is the main reason why Ange will not get a job at any top club in Europe. The comments about pub leagues were made in jest or by someone with this elitist attitude and are obviously without any merit. However the OP was not about his ability to do well but the fact he spends more time bringing youth players through. His resume, win or lose against South Korea, has still been a lot better than a large number of managers in Europe. Finally, yes Cahill does score goals but strangely he has only three out of the team's twelve.

However, would Ange be good for the Rs is a different question. Personally, he would be a hell of a lot better than some that have been put forward and perhaps is that one outsider that we need to build a top club from the youth.

This is very true. The FFA curriculum was devised by a Dutch guy after years of research across Europe. So you're right probably not advanced enough for our superb coaches who have been coached in the art of bonus games and bringing on players in case we win a free kick.
Login to get fewer ads

Ange Postecoglou on 14:17 - Jan 28 with 3417 viewssingapore_dave

Ange Postecoglou on 04:57 - Jan 28 by ozexile

This is very true. The FFA curriculum was devised by a Dutch guy after years of research across Europe. So you're right probably not advanced enough for our superb coaches who have been coached in the art of bonus games and bringing on players in case we win a free kick.

I do not know that much about the guy in question but I saw the game and Australia were poor. To compare their style to any Dutch team let alone the 70's one is laughable. And the goals they scored were indeed as a result of pub league standard defending. The Aussies have lost to the only ( injury hit ) half decent side they have met so far and Tim Cahill is still their most effective player operating as a striker. Sums up the general standard of the Competition In my opinion.
Ange Postecoglou on 20:18 - Oct 23 with 2325 viewsaston_hoop

Just found this post from must be nearly 10 years ago, I would like to propose Hooparoo is our next DoF in charge of managerial recuitment. Thanks!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ange Postecoglou on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 2062 viewsvanrrrr

Bloody Ange… one of the only things keeping me going was the misery of my Spurs supporting friends and relatives
Ange Postecoglou on 23:05 - Oct 23 with 1945 viewsloftboy

Probably one of the nicest managers in the PL, compare his interviews to Klopp,like chalk and cheese.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ange Postecoglou on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 1936 viewsnumptydumpty

Ange Postecoglou on 23:05 - Oct 23 by loftboy

Probably one of the nicest managers in the PL, compare his interviews to Klopp,like chalk and cheese.

10 years ago, I said we should appoint my PE teacher but we never did.

Oh yes sorry we did but he left. Beale was his name I think Mr Beale..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Ange Postecoglou on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 1930 viewsdigswellhoop

we would get skippy the bush kangaroo
Ange Postecoglou on 23:46 - Oct 23 with 1879 viewsBucksRanger

In 2015 post Chris Ramsey, I suggested approaching a little known Italian who had been sacked by Zenit Saint Petersburg a year earlier and who hadn't got any job offers in the meantime. He had some singular(crazy in a good way) ideas regarding team formations and was completely out of favour back home. I thought he'd be a breath of fresh air for the Rangers. His name, Luciano Spalletti. Turns out he's in charge of the Italian team now.

This time around I've got nothing. Not a single name. Nada.
Ange Postecoglou on 00:34 - Oct 24 with 1819 viewsHooparoo

Jeez, this is one from the archives. I put this up when we won the Asian cup. Since then Ange has one national titles in 3 countries including the treble with Celtic. Not surprised he’s going well at Spurs. He’s the real deal and according to an old work colleague who played with him, he’s a genuinely nice bloke and a football genius.

Ange Postecoglou on 01:13 - Oct 24 with 1781 viewsSydneyRs

Tbf that was 8 years ago and his record wasn't that great then. It was also a very weak comp (as I said, UAE were in the semi final). He's vastly more experienced now.

Celtic gave him the opportunity to show what he can do in Europe and obviously he's flying at Spurs right now. The big test will be when they go through a rough patch of results and how he responds to that. Never had that issue at Celtic beyond the first couple of games after he arrived but will sooner or later with Spurs you would think.

From what I've seen recently it would be exciting to see what he could do with the current England squad.
Ange Postecoglou on 01:31 - Oct 24 with 1764 viewsnumptydumpty

Ange Postecoglou on 01:13 - Oct 24 by SydneyRs

Tbf that was 8 years ago and his record wasn't that great then. It was also a very weak comp (as I said, UAE were in the semi final). He's vastly more experienced now.

Celtic gave him the opportunity to show what he can do in Europe and obviously he's flying at Spurs right now. The big test will be when they go through a rough patch of results and how he responds to that. Never had that issue at Celtic beyond the first couple of games after he arrived but will sooner or later with Spurs you would think.

From what I've seen recently it would be exciting to see what he could do with the current England squad.

Having managed in Scotland and obviously Australia, you would hope at least he could understand and communicate with our Aussie Jock, namely Lyndon.

Hence our goalscoring woes would have chances to improve !!!

Ange Postecoglou on 01:36 - Oct 24 with 1759 viewsSydneyRs

Ange Postecoglou on 01:31 - Oct 24 by numptydumpty

Having managed in Scotland and obviously Australia, you would hope at least he could understand and communicate with our Aussie Jock, namely Lyndon.

Hence our goalscoring woes would have chances to improve !!!

Did well in Japan before Celtic and signed some excellent Japanese players to turn Celtic around when he arrived (Rangers had just won the league by over 20 points). Still recall the "who?" and "sacked by Xmas" mocking from Rangers supporters and them laughing about the Asian signings. Made it all the more enjoyable when their team couldn't get the ball off them for the next couple of years!

Some Rangers fans even tried to say he was running scared of Mick Beale when he left for Spurs, only for Beale to be sacked soon afterwards.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 7:03]
Ange Postecoglou on 01:45 - Oct 24 with 1750 viewsnumptydumpty

Ange Postecoglou on 01:36 - Oct 24 by SydneyRs

Did well in Japan before Celtic and signed some excellent Japanese players to turn Celtic around when he arrived (Rangers had just won the league by over 20 points). Still recall the "who?" and "sacked by Xmas" mocking from Rangers supporters and them laughing about the Asian signings. Made it all the more enjoyable when their team couldn't get the ball off them for the next couple of years!

Some Rangers fans even tried to say he was running scared of Mick Beale when he left for Spurs, only for Beale to be sacked soon afterwards.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 7:03]

Your last paragraph difficult to understand when Celtic have been dominating Rangers and also throughout Beales time there.

If he could get Spurs the title, he truly would be a miracle manager. Long way to go though.

Ange Postecoglou on 07:02 - Oct 24 with 1605 viewsSydneyRs

Ange Postecoglou on 01:45 - Oct 24 by numptydumpty

Your last paragraph difficult to understand when Celtic have been dominating Rangers and also throughout Beales time there.

If he could get Spurs the title, he truly would be a miracle manager. Long way to go though.

A lot of what Rangers fans say on twitter is difficult to understand!
Ange Postecoglou on 08:55 - Oct 24 with 1414 viewsTheChef

I just find it hilarious how well they're doing without Kane. Who knew all along that he was the problem?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ange Postecoglou on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 1157 viewsNewBee

Ange Postecoglou on 08:55 - Oct 24 by TheChef

I just find it hilarious how well they're doing without Kane. Who knew all along that he was the problem?

Any Spurs fan will tell you that last season, HK was the difference between finishing 8th (final position) and 16th (or worse?). He contributed 30 of their 70 goals, which was the 5th highest in the PL. However, they also conceded 63, with only 5 teams conceding more.

As close to a "One Man Team" as you could get, I'd say, with Spurs' current form reflecting that they're an entirely different team this season (players, tactics, manager etc)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 15:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024