Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pullis 17:48 - Jan 27 with 8498 viewsCHUBBS

We really missed the boat with this fella,WB were hemorrhaging goals worse than us before he walked through the door.
Four games in and they've only conceded 1 and remain unbeaten.
The 1st thing he did was to create an organized defensive unit which was clearly evident during the game at Goodison where they defended so well that Everton rarely threatened their goal.
I think the only way we will stay up is if we now sign at least 3 decent players as Redknaps coaching staff haven't got the know how to improve what we already have.
If we'd moved earlier for Pullis i reckon he'd have galvanized and improved the young players we have and we'd probably be a few points better off already.
I see he's now inquiring about our 2 out of form wingers.
If he gets hold of them you just know they'll improve.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/27/report-west-brom-amongst-teams-interes
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 17:49]
Pullis on 17:53 - Jan 27 with 6457 viewsLblock

#TrustUs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pullis on 18:12 - Jan 27 with 6417 viewsstansleftfoot

Gerry Francis defence coach.........the seventh year and third club he's followed Pulis.
Pullis on 18:15 - Jan 27 with 6405 viewsaston_hoop

Be interesting to see how some of our players would cope with a 'brutal' regime. Probably what some of them need!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30978618

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pullis on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 6393 viewsjohncharles

Pulis wants to buy Matt Philips. Redknapp wants to sell him.
Whose judgement would you trust ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Pullis on 18:23 - Jan 27 with 6387 viewsTacticalR

A clear case of Pulis envy.

Air hostess clique

Pullis on 18:45 - Jan 27 with 6356 viewsjonno

Pullis on 18:15 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

Be interesting to see how some of our players would cope with a 'brutal' regime. Probably what some of them need!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30978618

Which is of course is exactly right. The majority of footballers are inherently lazy and ours are no different. It's obvious they get an easy ride under Redknapp and his coaching team and a kick up the arse is just one of the things required.
Pullis on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 6310 viewsSimonJames

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I noticed since Neil Lennon took over at Bolton their 17 games have been W9 D5 L3, F22 A12

And they've only lost 1 game out of their last 13.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Pullis on 19:14 - Jan 27 with 6293 viewsdanehoop

ah yes, but isn't he is a sectarian tvat?

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Pullis on 19:21 - Jan 27 with 6276 viewsdaveB

Pullis is a good manager but they already had the making of a good defence with Lescott and some decent midfield players to protect them, quite why the previous manager couldn't organise these players is beyind me, they should have comfortably stayed up and probably will do now.

Personally I think if Pullis came here he'd probably struggle just like every other manager does
Pullis on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 6263 viewsLblock

Pullis on 19:21 - Jan 27 by daveB

Pullis is a good manager but they already had the making of a good defence with Lescott and some decent midfield players to protect them, quite why the previous manager couldn't organise these players is beyind me, they should have comfortably stayed up and probably will do now.

Personally I think if Pullis came here he'd probably struggle just like every other manager does

Hang on.......

That sounds like another little club struggling at the bottom I could think of.

Pullis on 19:27 - Jan 27 with 6252 viewsdaveB

Pullis on 19:23 - Jan 27 by Lblock

Hang on.......

That sounds like another little club struggling at the bottom I could think of.

I think they have far better players than us, more options up front as well, perfect club for Pullis in that he'll keep them up and look a genius when really they should have never been down there in the first place. He'll end up doing similar to what Hodgson did with them
Pullis on 19:27 - Jan 27 with 6252 viewssimmo

I don't want to rain on your relentless parade of optimism, but you're discussing a team having the 'makings of a good defence' that just a few weeks ago conceded THREE goals playing against QPR in the same fckin game. All from SET PIECES. Something we haven't been good at since forever.

You could also say the exact same thing about us, just repalce Lescott with Caulker.

'quite why the previous manager couldn't organise these players is beyind me, they should have comfortably stayed up'

Yes, quite.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Pullis on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 6247 viewsjohncharles

Take out the last sentence and you have us in a nutshell.

Strong and stable my arse.

Pullis on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 6234 viewsMonahoop

His style might not appeal to many, but I've always admired Tony Pulis. Touch of the old fashioned work ethic and doesn't take any nonsense from brattish players of which we have or had some lately. I see some similarities with Brian Clough, though he doesn't win many trophies like old Cloughie, he can certainly turn things around with clubs with little cash or are just down on their luck.

Would I have him at QPR? Well yes I would, but there is no chance of it ever happening with the current set up. The bloke has sense to avoid us with a barge pole.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Pullis on 19:35 - Jan 27 with 6226 viewsdaveB

Pullis on 19:27 - Jan 27 by simmo

I don't want to rain on your relentless parade of optimism, but you're discussing a team having the 'makings of a good defence' that just a few weeks ago conceded THREE goals playing against QPR in the same fckin game. All from SET PIECES. Something we haven't been good at since forever.

You could also say the exact same thing about us, just repalce Lescott with Caulker.

'quite why the previous manager couldn't organise these players is beyind me, they should have comfortably stayed up'

Yes, quite.

I know they conceded 3 against us, wasn't suggesting they were word beaters just had the players who with organisation could do a lot better and had done better in the past as well, it's basically the same side that stayed up comfortably for the last few years. You could say the same about us and I agree we should be better but for me Lescott and co are better players than what we have.
Pullis on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 6207 viewsbosh67

Pullis on 19:32 - Jan 27 by Monahoop

His style might not appeal to many, but I've always admired Tony Pulis. Touch of the old fashioned work ethic and doesn't take any nonsense from brattish players of which we have or had some lately. I see some similarities with Brian Clough, though he doesn't win many trophies like old Cloughie, he can certainly turn things around with clubs with little cash or are just down on their luck.

Would I have him at QPR? Well yes I would, but there is no chance of it ever happening with the current set up. The bloke has sense to avoid us with a barge pole.

Looking at the way that Sheff Utd play I wouldn't say no to Nigel Clough as a long term option. He's learnt a lot of harsh lessons but he's 48 and I think he is really coming of age as a manager. Favours youth, is well organised and has good attacking philosophy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pullis on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 6206 viewskarl

Pullis on 19:14 - Jan 27 by danehoop

ah yes, but isn't he is a sectarian tvat?

I stand to be corrected but i don't think thats a fair comment Dane, Lennon is not a likeable character but i've never heard him associated with sectarian issues other than being on the receiving end of a lot of bad stuff both in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I've never liked him and thought in his early days as Celtic manager he was given false praise for doing an average job, however guiding them to Champ league last 16 and his early days at Bolton have to be given credit and in all honesty i think he made the right move going there instead of waiting for a Premier team as his stock is rising nicely just now
Pullis on 19:48 - Jan 27 with 6187 viewsLblock

Pullis on 19:35 - Jan 27 by daveB

I know they conceded 3 against us, wasn't suggesting they were word beaters just had the players who with organisation could do a lot better and had done better in the past as well, it's basically the same side that stayed up comfortably for the last few years. You could say the same about us and I agree we should be better but for me Lescott and co are better players than what we have.

Sorry Dave but I think you've hit the nail on the head!!!

A decent Manager would've organised a SQUAD before the season that was balanced
Not splashing out silly money on number 10's, wages on a crock CB or a keeper we don't really need
Even after that maybe a decent Manager would've got some decent pre-season sorted
Possibly COACHED a couple of different systems, identified players with fitness issues or weaknesses to work on
Even the absolute minimum of getting inferior players working hard and in a shape that might grind out some Nil Nils or draws on the road a bit like lower league teams did in the FA Cup

I agree the club is fractured top to bottom, clueless at the very top etc
However Redknapp is symptomatic of the problem and miles from being an asset or solution

I'll raise a large glass of top quality Malbec when he and his crusty cronies are gone

Pullis on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 6108 viewsDejR_vu

There seems to be a general assumption that had we approached him he would have come here. Why would he? He knew that he just had to bide his time and would have options. If he was going to have options, why would he choose QPR? Wait for a generally well run, stable club like WBA or go to the basket case that is QPR. No brainer really.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pullis on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 6106 viewsdaveB

Pullis on 19:48 - Jan 27 by Lblock

Sorry Dave but I think you've hit the nail on the head!!!

A decent Manager would've organised a SQUAD before the season that was balanced
Not splashing out silly money on number 10's, wages on a crock CB or a keeper we don't really need
Even after that maybe a decent Manager would've got some decent pre-season sorted
Possibly COACHED a couple of different systems, identified players with fitness issues or weaknesses to work on
Even the absolute minimum of getting inferior players working hard and in a shape that might grind out some Nil Nils or draws on the road a bit like lower league teams did in the FA Cup

I agree the club is fractured top to bottom, clueless at the very top etc
However Redknapp is symptomatic of the problem and miles from being an asset or solution

I'll raise a large glass of top quality Malbec when he and his crusty cronies are gone

your right of course and been done to death what could and should have happened last summer in terms of building a team.

I still think some of the signings last summer were the kind we should be making, raid the best players from clubs going down (Mutch, Fer and Caulker), pick up decent youngsters from the prem (Robinson) and best of the championship (Mccarthy). Add in Vargas and Isla and for me it still looks a decent window. Obviously not worked out for all of them though for a variety of reasons.
Pullis on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 6092 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis on 20:45 - Jan 27 by DejR_vu

There seems to be a general assumption that had we approached him he would have come here. Why would he? He knew that he just had to bide his time and would have options. If he was going to have options, why would he choose QPR? Wait for a generally well run, stable club like WBA or go to the basket case that is QPR. No brainer really.

He would have come if offered a January budget, remember he took the Palace job when they looked doomed.
Fernandes seems to have this obsession with stability but that's only successful if you have a long term strategy which we clearly don't.
Southampton,Swansea,Palace etc go through more managers than us and still look far better.
Pullis on 21:01 - Jan 27 with 6076 viewsDejR_vu

Pullis on 20:55 - Jan 27 by CHUBBS

He would have come if offered a January budget, remember he took the Palace job when they looked doomed.
Fernandes seems to have this obsession with stability but that's only successful if you have a long term strategy which we clearly don't.
Southampton,Swansea,Palace etc go through more managers than us and still look far better.

Why would a January budget make any difference? I'm guessing he has one of those at WBA. Besides we don't seem to have one for him or anyone else.

Newly promoted / potential FFP fine on the horizon/ no transfer budget (in fact we seem to be keen to shift some of what we've got) / Training ground from League 1 / Chairman who's never in the country / no infrastructure. Still can't see why he would choose us over WBA

Pullis on 21:05 - Jan 27 with 6061 viewskarl

Lennon obviously having a night off, losing 4-0 to Rotherham!
Pullis on 21:08 - Jan 27 with 6052 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis on 21:01 - Jan 27 by DejR_vu

Why would a January budget make any difference? I'm guessing he has one of those at WBA. Besides we don't seem to have one for him or anyone else.

Newly promoted / potential FFP fine on the horizon/ no transfer budget (in fact we seem to be keen to shift some of what we've got) / Training ground from League 1 / Chairman who's never in the country / no infrastructure. Still can't see why he would choose us over WBA

We'll he would'nt now,but if we 'd got in before the West Brom job came up he'd have taken it.
If we'd been a few points clear of the relegation zone with a new manager with a track record of keeping teams up they'd have found the money to secure survival.
We should have gone in for him long before the sack race commenced.
Typical TF,reactive not proactive.
Pullis on 21:16 - Jan 27 with 6029 viewsDejR_vu

Pullis on 21:08 - Jan 27 by CHUBBS

We'll he would'nt now,but if we 'd got in before the West Brom job came up he'd have taken it.
If we'd been a few points clear of the relegation zone with a new manager with a track record of keeping teams up they'd have found the money to secure survival.
We should have gone in for him long before the sack race commenced.
Typical TF,reactive not proactive.

I doubt it. He waited patiently from August. Why would he snatch at QPR a few weeks before other jobs were likely to come up? I can't see why any potential budget would have made a difference. He's got one at West Brom so why would ours be more attractive than theirs? This club ruins careers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024