Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pullis 17:48 - Jan 27 with 8485 viewsCHUBBS

We really missed the boat with this fella,WB were hemorrhaging goals worse than us before he walked through the door.
Four games in and they've only conceded 1 and remain unbeaten.
The 1st thing he did was to create an organized defensive unit which was clearly evident during the game at Goodison where they defended so well that Everton rarely threatened their goal.
I think the only way we will stay up is if we now sign at least 3 decent players as Redknaps coaching staff haven't got the know how to improve what we already have.
If we'd moved earlier for Pullis i reckon he'd have galvanized and improved the young players we have and we'd probably be a few points better off already.
I see he's now inquiring about our 2 out of form wingers.
If he gets hold of them you just know they'll improve.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/27/report-west-brom-amongst-teams-interes
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 17:49]
Pullis on 21:19 - Jan 27 with 2158 viewsBasingstokeR

Pullis on 19:27 - Jan 27 by daveB

I think they have far better players than us, more options up front as well, perfect club for Pullis in that he'll keep them up and look a genius when really they should have never been down there in the first place. He'll end up doing similar to what Hodgson did with them

You think this (below) squad has "FAR better" players (I'd agree Man City have a FAR better players)? and highlight their options up front (Samaras???) when Berahino has 9 and their next highest scorer is Dawson a CB with 2 - and they've scored three less than us overall?

1 Foster
13 Myhill

Defenders
2 Wisdom
3 Olsson
4 Baird
6 Lescott
14 Davidson
15 Pocognoli
16 Gamboa
23 McAuley
25 Dawson

Midfielders
5 Yacob
7 Morrison
8 Gardner
11 Brunt
17 Dorrans
21 Mulumbu
29 Sessegnon
34 Roofe
37 O'Sullivan

Forwards
9 Ideye
10 Anichebe
18 Berahino
30 Samaras
36 Nabi
Pullis on 21:27 - Jan 27 with 2146 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis on 21:16 - Jan 27 by DejR_vu

I doubt it. He waited patiently from August. Why would he snatch at QPR a few weeks before other jobs were likely to come up? I can't see why any potential budget would have made a difference. He's got one at West Brom so why would ours be more attractive than theirs? This club ruins careers.

He waited patiently and took the FIRST job offered to him at a club notorious for keeping a leash on their managers.
He'd have got a free reign here which is the way he likes to work.
The reason he left Palace was to do with funds for new players so if we'd offered that he'd have come.
Pullis on 22:10 - Jan 27 with 2122 viewsSimonJames

Pullis on 21:05 - Jan 27 by karl

Lennon obviously having a night off, losing 4-0 to Rotherham!

I wonder who else I can be the kiss of death for.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Pullis on 22:21 - Jan 27 with 2097 viewsdaveB

I would say about 7 players in that west brom squad would walk into our first team and improve it
Pullis on 22:38 - Jan 27 with 2071 viewsJamie

Pullis on 21:27 - Jan 27 by CHUBBS

He waited patiently and took the FIRST job offered to him at a club notorious for keeping a leash on their managers.
He'd have got a free reign here which is the way he likes to work.
The reason he left Palace was to do with funds for new players so if we'd offered that he'd have come.

But we don't have any funds for new players, so he wouldn't have come.
Pullis on 22:43 - Jan 27 with 2062 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis on 22:38 - Jan 27 by Jamie

But we don't have any funds for new players, so he wouldn't have come.

No,we don't have anymore funds for Redknap and you can't blame the owners for that.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 22:44]
Pullis on 22:44 - Jan 27 with 2060 viewsBasingstokeR

Pullis on 22:21 - Jan 27 by daveB

I would say about 7 players in that west brom squad would walk into our first team and improve it

7 think thats a bit high! Who are your four in our starting line-up that are better than the best seven at WBA? (and do West Brom seem to be interested in Hoilett and Phillips then?)

And are you factoring in that players that play / perform elsewhere don't seem to transfer their form to our team in the majority of recent cases?
Pullis on 22:55 - Jan 27 with 2039 viewsdaveB

I would say that Olsson, Lescott and Mcauley would all improve our back four
Morrison, Gardner, Brunt and Sessegnon all better than what we have in midfield and I'd say Berihinio is better than Zamora.

Of course on paper it means bugger all but I just think Pullis has been able to turn them around quickly as they already had a good side who were just under performing, it took a lot longer to do it at Palace last year as the team he took over was crap. If he'd come here I'm sure he'd have got it right in the end and probably kept us up but just don't think it would have been as quick as he's managed at West Brom.
Login to get fewer ads

Pullis on 23:06 - Jan 27 with 2027 viewsJamie

Pullis on 22:43 - Jan 27 by CHUBBS

No,we don't have anymore funds for Redknap and you can't blame the owners for that.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 22:44]

Come on you cant seriously believe that?...
Pullis on 01:14 - Jan 28 with 1970 viewslave16

Pullis on 19:14 - Jan 27 by danehoop

ah yes, but isn't he is a sectarian tvat?

Pullis on 19:14 - Jan 27 with 442 views danehoop

Lennon may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's unbelievable when naive propaganda like the above is posted.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Pullis on 07:42 - Jan 28 with 1942 viewsjohncharles

Pullis on 19:14 - Jan 27 by danehoop

Being the victim of sectarianism is not quite the same thing as being a sectarian.

Strong and stable my arse.

Pullis on 08:25 - Jan 28 with 1934 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis on 23:06 - Jan 27 by Jamie

Come on you cant seriously believe that?...

If you were chairman would you give Redknap 20/30 million to spend?
I wouldn't,however looking at the history of our owners the money would be readily available if we had a manager that guaranteed survival,Pullis does that.
He may not be everyone's choice but he is a far more productive manager than Redknap.
Pullis on 12:57 - Jan 28 with 1894 viewsJamie

Pullis on 08:25 - Jan 28 by CHUBBS

If you were chairman would you give Redknap 20/30 million to spend?
I wouldn't,however looking at the history of our owners the money would be readily available if we had a manager that guaranteed survival,Pullis does that.
He may not be everyone's choice but he is a far more productive manager than Redknap.

I wouldn't give Arry 20p to spend, let alone £20m, but he has been given funds to spend at every turn and was very publicly backed just a few weeks ago. If there was money to spend, he would be given it.
Pullis on 14:45 - Jan 28 with 1869 viewswombat

Pullis on 12:57 - Jan 28 by Jamie

I wouldn't give Arry 20p to spend, let alone £20m, but he has been given funds to spend at every turn and was very publicly backed just a few weeks ago. If there was money to spend, he would be given it.

not with the way harry spends it there isnt glad they have finally shut the purse to him , hes gone come may maybe earlier if our fate is already sealed get rid asap get who ever in before the end of the season to assess the squad hes assembled and off we go

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024