Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Promo film on Old Oak 18:58 - Jan 27 with 6083 viewsrichranger

QPR have launched a new promo film on old Oak - and got some support.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-tony-fernandes-old-oak-regeneration-sir-ed
New Promo film on Old Oak on 00:52 - Jan 28 with 1823 viewshoopstilidie

New Promo film on Old Oak on 00:10 - Jan 28 by PeterHucker

as my mate who's a local councillor keeps saying, don't know why QPR are doing all this promo stuff about Old Oak, it's completely pointless because QPR don't own that land.

Not a huge understanding of how these things work then your mate?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 01:08 - Jan 28 with 1824 viewsNorthernr

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:58 - Jan 27 by W5R

We need action now. They dont talk to the LSA, there is no OSC. What oice do we have? Oh great..buy me a nandos and im yours Clive or man United fans on WATRBs

What the fck?
New Promo film on Old Oak on 01:10 - Jan 28 with 1821 viewsNorthernr

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:43 - Jan 27 by MedwayR

A couple of things to point out...while CarGiant own 47 acres we have agreements in place with landowners to purchase a lot more land than CarGiant currently own. The development isn't dependent on HS2, there's a hell of a lot of land to develop and therefore a hell of a lot of profit for developers, HS2 will just move the development up another level. TfL are including references to our new stadium in their consultation documents too now so I think with the political support we have it's going to happen, we just need try our best as supporters to ensure that the stadium is as good as it can be.

"while CarGiant own 47 acres we have agreements in place with landowners to purchase a lot more land than CarGiant currently own."

No we don't.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 07:52 - Jan 28 with 1732 viewsRoller

New Promo film on Old Oak on 01:10 - Jan 28 by Northernr

"while CarGiant own 47 acres we have agreements in place with landowners to purchase a lot more land than CarGiant currently own."

No we don't.

During the meeting on 3rd September Donnelly said that they had negotiated an exclusive agreement with Network Rail; if any details of the duration of this agreement were revealed I missed them. Ongoing discussion with other businesses in the area, such as European Metal Recycling (EMR), are also bearing fruit, although there is waste recycling plant that, due to government legislation, will have to be relocated within the borough.

That, of course, doesn't mean that any figures have been agreed.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 08:29 - Jan 28 with 1683 viewsDiscodroids

Quite frankly , not in the same league as the england promo video for the world cuP 2018.

im afraid this effort has an outrageous paucity of sikhs in full national costume at white hart lane and starving african orphans at elland road .Not even a mention of the role of sir bert millichip as a cruel plantation slavery owner at lancaster gate.

i shall be writing to the lead singer of echo and the bunnymen , or failing that , the bird from the QPR danny dichio podcast for immediate reparation.

promo video's , what a load of mutual back slapping wa nk, made by 15 year old girls.

next time Tony , employ david lynch or david cronenberg , at least wed have the sight of a mutant human fly trap digesting kevin bond or something.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 8:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:03 - Jan 28 with 1679 viewsKonk

From an outsider’s perspective, I really don’t see that Fernandes has any more of a compelling case to redevelop that site than any other property developer. It’s a big site in an in-demand city with some of the highest property prices in the world, and a site which will potentially have excellent transport links. There would be no shortage of people looking to develop it, and they’d all presumably be obliged to put in schools, doctors, shops etc too as they are in the King’s Cross redevelopment featured in the video. Knocking-up some “Affordable” housing on the LR site — wouldn’t any alternative developer also be obliged to provide similar at OOC or nearby? The choice isn’t a new QPR stadium, loads of new flats and a Jamie’s Italian or the site being a desolate muddy field forever.

The only difference, I would imagine, is that Fernandes would stick a stadium on the site, but most potential residents would presumably rather not have 40,000 punters turning up for the football or Rod Stewart gigs every few days. I can’t see how the development needs a stadium for it to be successful.

Also whilst you’re regenerating another part of the borough, what happens to the pubs, take-aways etc in W12? If you look at Moss Side, for instance, the vast majority of the places that relied on match day trade shut not long after City left. So whilst the area around the new stadium has had some investment, old pubs re-opening or being spruced-up, Moss Side has been adversely affected by the move. Arsenal’s not a great comparison to draw because they moved a few hundred yards, had a lot of resentment from local businesses that were driven out of the area to alternative sites mile away (i.e. lost local jobs) and other than the workers during the construction phase, have largely replaced full-time jobs in the area with low-paid, part-time roles. The same pubs, take-aways etc are used as at Highbury and other than the increase in capacity, and hence a higher spend on match days, it’s hard to see that the Emirates has been any sort of catalyst for regeneration.

And you have to take talk of 55,000 jobs with a massive pinch of salt too — TFL, for instance, employ 22,000 people across their whole network. You always get this when someone’s bidding for something; hosting the U-10 European badminton championships will bring £43tn into the local economy, create 300,000 new jobs and bring about peace in the Middle-east. 55,000 is an awful lot of jobs. How many of those would be for six hours every couple of weeks on minimum wage?

The most compelling argument I think you’d have is one that says that LR is holding the club back, families can’t take their kids because of capacity restrictions etc and there’s no other viable site for you to move to in the borough. But even then, as a resident/councillor, whilst I’d have sympathy for that position when it came to planning permission for a new stadium at OOC, but does that mean you’re entitled to cash-in on the whole site’s redevelopment and the potential use CPOs in your favour? NB. I know less than fu ck-all about planning considerations!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:04 - Jan 28 with 1679 viewsrichranger

Much on Old Oak in the media this morning. Old Oak Development Corporation starts on April 1st. Boris's deputy, Sir Ed Listor, supports QPR's stadium plans.

http://www.cityam.com/208122/boris-moves-closer-plans-old-oak-common-rail-superh
New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:26 - Jan 28 with 1655 viewsTheBlob

Freeing up Loftus Road for "affordable housing".

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 1627 viewsTeddRanger

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:04 - Jan 28 by richranger

Much on Old Oak in the media this morning. Old Oak Development Corporation starts on April 1st. Boris's deputy, Sir Ed Listor, supports QPR's stadium plans.

http://www.cityam.com/208122/boris-moves-closer-plans-old-oak-common-rail-superh

Ho much influence will Boris have?

He won't be Mayor in just over a year's time.

The new Mayor may well have a totally different take on the development.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:55 - Jan 28 with 1623 viewsderbyhoop

As things stand Loftus Road is holding this club back. It cannot be expanded, we cannot add capacity on the current site (not economically), commercial use is very limited.
If we have any ambition, moving to a new stadium works on both a football and financial level. What we have to do is make sure we retain the unique atmosphere of LR and look after the fanbase.
Derby's Pride Park is a good model to follow and it acted as a catalyst for regeneration.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Promo film on Old Oak on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 1575 viewsessextaxiboy

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:41 - Jan 27 by W5R

That is the most disgusting piece of PR ever.

Keep QPR in west london? We fecking are in west london!

The money has dried up and they dont care about this club...we are a pawn in their money making property scheme.

it's time for action, stay up or go down, these b@stards should be out of our club

And get who in ? Billy the bucket again ?
New Promo film on Old Oak on 10:43 - Jan 28 with 1563 viewsJonDoeman

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:51 - Jan 28 by TeddRanger

Ho much influence will Boris have?

He won't be Mayor in just over a year's time.

The new Mayor may well have a totally different take on the development.

Plenty when he's PM!!

It Is What It Is !!

New Promo film on Old Oak on 11:38 - Jan 28 with 1515 viewsnadera78

New Promo film on Old Oak on 09:55 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

As things stand Loftus Road is holding this club back. It cannot be expanded, we cannot add capacity on the current site (not economically), commercial use is very limited.
If we have any ambition, moving to a new stadium works on both a football and financial level. What we have to do is make sure we retain the unique atmosphere of LR and look after the fanbase.
Derby's Pride Park is a good model to follow and it acted as a catalyst for regeneration.

If it was just about a new stadium with excellent facilities and more corporate and non-football income generating opportunities then we wouldn't be looking at Old Oak at all. The club would instead have purchased the M&S warehouses behind White City (recently sold to Berkley Group for £100million) which is big enough for a sparkly 30,000 seater (all we'll ever need) and a few hundred residential units to offset some of the costs. Throw in another 300 or so flats on Loftus Rd and you're going close to paying it off.

The fact that we're hellbent on Old Oak shows that what the owners are really interested in is 25,000 apartments, plus all the corporate and leisure facilities to go alongside them. And the real reason they're so desperate for that to come about is that they've spunked £200million up the wall in less than 4 years, with absolutley nothing to show for it, and Old Oak is the only way they can ever get that money back. We're going to end up in a massive stadium - that can only be filled with thousands of tourists and away fans - that we won't even own (the club have said the shareholders will which is a very different thing) on a location that will be a building site for at least 20 years after we move in.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 1454 viewsderbyhoop

New Promo film on Old Oak on 11:38 - Jan 28 by nadera78

If it was just about a new stadium with excellent facilities and more corporate and non-football income generating opportunities then we wouldn't be looking at Old Oak at all. The club would instead have purchased the M&S warehouses behind White City (recently sold to Berkley Group for £100million) which is big enough for a sparkly 30,000 seater (all we'll ever need) and a few hundred residential units to offset some of the costs. Throw in another 300 or so flats on Loftus Rd and you're going close to paying it off.

The fact that we're hellbent on Old Oak shows that what the owners are really interested in is 25,000 apartments, plus all the corporate and leisure facilities to go alongside them. And the real reason they're so desperate for that to come about is that they've spunked £200million up the wall in less than 4 years, with absolutley nothing to show for it, and Old Oak is the only way they can ever get that money back. We're going to end up in a massive stadium - that can only be filled with thousands of tourists and away fans - that we won't even own (the club have said the shareholders will which is a very different thing) on a location that will be a building site for at least 20 years after we move in.

I bet they don't pay anything like £100m for land at Old Oak.
A 30,000 seater is all we'll ever need? Isn't that unambitious? If, and I appreciate it's a big IF, we are an established PL club, regularly in the top half, who is to say we won't attract 35,000+ most weeks. The catchment area is getting on for 2m. It will need marketing, though. I bet the 40,000 who go nowadays care about Chelsea attracting a gate of 8,123 for a PL game in 1994.
So what if they are interested in the other developments. If it helps fund a new stadium, why not?
Derby's stadium was the first building on a contaminated site that used to house railway sidings. Sounds familiar? Within 5 years there was a major business estate around the ground. Despite being a middling Championship club for 9 out of the last 10 seasons, they attract gates of 25,000 from a catchment area of about 250,000. And the IPro stadium is used 6 days per week bringing in substantial commercial income.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:33 - Jan 28 with 1438 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New Promo film on Old Oak on 21:05 - Jan 27 by secretranger

"we just need try our best as supporters to ensure that the stadium is as good as it can be."

Just picking up on your final point there MedwayR because you are absolutely right. Up until recently I was lucky enough to work very closely to some key members of the consultant team, I don't anymore but at the time I was able to get some very interesting inside info. Possibly the most important thing that was said to me was that the key players in the project team were invited to the Play Off semi final against Wigan, bearing in mind these people have worked on the highest profile stadium projects in the UK and further afield, they were really taken in by the atmosphere at Loftus Road that evening. My contact at the time was not a QPR fan but he was completely taken in by the atmosphere which he described as the most incredible he'd experienced at a sports event. We can pat ourselves on the back for that. He assured me that the team are paying particular attention to the special character of LR and the atmosphere it creates, so this aspect is a serious consideration and not PR spin. Let's hope it doesn't get lost in value engineering further down the line.

That is an interesting post that has been mostly ignored by the prophets of Doom on here. They couldn't have picked a much better game to take them to than that. LR was intense and rocking that night.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:38 - Jan 28 with 1390 viewsWeaverQPR

Tune Town

@WeavQPR

New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 1378 viewsKonk

New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:22 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

A 30,000 seater is all we'll ever need? Isn't that unambitious? If, and I appreciate it's a big IF, we are an established PL club, regularly in the top half, who is to say we won't attract 35,000+ most weeks. The catchment area is getting on for 2m. It will need marketing, though. I bet the 40,000 who go nowadays care about Chelsea attracting a gate of 8,123 for a PL game in 1994.
So what if they are interested in the other developments. If it helps fund a new stadium, why not?
Derby's stadium was the first building on a contaminated site that used to house railway sidings. Sounds familiar? Within 5 years there was a major business estate around the ground. Despite being a middling Championship club for 9 out of the last 10 seasons, they attract gates of 25,000 from a catchment area of about 250,000. And the IPro stadium is used 6 days per week bringing in substantial commercial income.

Difference being that Pride Park was the catalyst for redevelopment, whereas OOC will be redeveloped with or without QPR. It doesn’t need a stadium. Also, Derby’s gates have always been pretty good; it’s a proper footballing city with just the one club. And whilst I’m loathe to defend Chelsea, the fickle twa ts always used to get big crowds when they played Liverpool or Man United, it was when they were playing anyone else they weren’t much to write home about.

I’m not sure that establishing QPR as 8-10th place club in the PL would be enough to grow support other than in the way we did; partially through a new generation, but also through transplants and tourists. I think we’re similar sized clubs, although you have a far larger hinterland, and I’d be mortified if we went up to 40k, because as well as being a tourist magnet it would need 15,000 Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal fans to fill it. Chelsea have grown as a club by spunking the best part of £1bn, winning league titles, FA cups and now the CL and yet they still often end up advertising tickets availability.

New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 1346 viewsnadera78

New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:22 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

£100m for 10 acres at White City means they'll be paying multiples of that for 200 acres at Old Oak. Not 20 times as much, perhaps, but multiples none the less. This is one of the once-in-a-lifetime deals for whichever developer gets hold of it.

Unambitious? No, just realistic. Loftus Rd seats 18,000 people, including approx 250 corporates and 25 suites. Moving to a 30,000 seater, with 1,500-2,000 corporates and 50 suites would mean a massive increase in revenue. Hell, just adding 2,000 corporates and doubling the suites at Loftus Rd would be a huge spike.

And, yes, I do think 30K is more than enough for us. We've only ever had attendances above that figure on a couple of occasions. The 40K we had at Wembley was more or less every man and his Aunt Nellie, and pretty much every home game this season has had tickets available up until the last few days.. If you want to sit in a 40,000 seater with 10,000 Manure fans and another 5,000 tourists then that's your choice, but for me that would be the end of the line.

As for being an established mid-table PL team, Bolton and Charlton are perfect examples of what happens to clubs after 10 years of being in that position. Fans get bored of losing to the big teams, ignoring the cups and concentrating on PL survival.

Derby, as Konk has pointed out, is a completely different kettle of fish.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 1341 viewsJuzzie

Any patch of land in London has a flipping 'architecturally designed' (sic) block of flats built on it at vast selling prices. Petrol stations are shut down, decontaminated and a flipping 'architecturally designed' (sic) block of flats built on it at vast selling prices.
And so on.

There never seems to be anything else built to accomodate the increase in population. Schools, hospitals, GP's, police/fire stations etc etc. Why? because they don't make anywhere near as much money and in fact cost money to run. So, pesky things like hospitals, schools etc. get in the way of making loads of meney.
Yes, you now live in a tiny 1 bed flat that cost £500k yet no amenities within a 5 mile radius.
Anyone who has played Sim City will know you have to balance it out. Commercial in the centre, resdential in the middle and industrial in the outer!

I think it's vital at OOC they have something else other than just flats.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 14:46]
New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:15 - Jan 28 with 1321 viewsW5R

How can we sell HQ

It has a covenant on it. How have the dodgy Malyasian business men got around that?? Sorry "Property investors"

Brighton, Wimbledon...we will be on that list if fans don't wake up. And rapidly.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 1312 viewsBedford_R

BBC web site says that the Old Oak common plans have been approved by Eric Pickles. Posted at 12:59 today. Does that include our shiny new stadium then?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 20:21]

RMH_R Reborn

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:22 - Jan 28 with 1304 viewsKonk

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:20 - Jan 28 by Bedford_R

BBC web site says that the Old Oak common plans have been approved by Eric Pickles. Posted at 12:59 today. Does that include our shiny new stadium then?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 20:21]

Surely everything's up in the air across the site until HS2 gets the go ahead/scrapped?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:28 - Jan 28 with 1289 viewsHollowayRanger

arsenal didn't own the land they built their new stadium on but did a deal with Islington council built them a new waste dump and made a lot of promises such as bigger Holloway tube station and new sports centre for residents and fans coaches to be park in the new stadium under ground car park new health centre for locals ect ect

local firms objected but were forced out (Lawson buildings for one)

and after all that they didn't keep any of the promises no new sports centre no new enlarged tube station and local streets full of coaches forcing residents to move their cars

money talks and those who have the law makers ear/pockets win

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:38 - Jan 28 with 1278 viewsJonDoeman

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:22 - Jan 28 by Konk

Surely everything's up in the air across the site until HS2 gets the go ahead/scrapped?

There's going to a station there for Crossrail, & I believe that is defo happening.

It Is What It Is !!

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:50 - Jan 28 with 1256 views18StoneOfHoop

New Promo film on Old Oak on 14:28 - Jan 28 by HollowayRanger

arsenal didn't own the land they built their new stadium on but did a deal with Islington council built them a new waste dump and made a lot of promises such as bigger Holloway tube station and new sports centre for residents and fans coaches to be park in the new stadium under ground car park new health centre for locals ect ect

local firms objected but were forced out (Lawson buildings for one)

and after all that they didn't keep any of the promises no new sports centre no new enlarged tube station and local streets full of coaches forcing residents to move their cars

money talks and those who have the law makers ear/pockets win

Upon my word.

Knock me down with a daffodil and call me Pamela!

#HollowayInReasonedDecentSensibleInformedCommentShock

[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 15:07]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024