Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Promo film on Old Oak 18:58 - Jan 27 with 6086 viewsrichranger

QPR have launched a new promo film on old Oak - and got some support.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-tony-fernandes-old-oak-regeneration-sir-ed
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:25 - Jan 27 with 3037 viewsdaveB

sounds quite promising, good video as well. hopefully it ends up happening
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 3009 viewsGloucs_R

Even if it does go ahead, I reckon you are looking at 8 years before we move in.

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:30 - Jan 27 with 3001 viewsToast_R

I liked
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 2986 viewsbosh67

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:29 - Jan 27 by Gloucs_R

Even if it does go ahead, I reckon you are looking at 8 years before we move in.

Agree, not something that will effect us for a good few seasons bouncing around the Prem and the Championship.

Boing boing raisins!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:41 - Jan 27 with 2948 viewsW5R

That is the most disgusting piece of PR ever.

Keep QPR in west london? We fecking are in west london!

The money has dried up and they dont care about this club...we are a pawn in their money making property scheme.

it's time for action, stay up or go down, these b@stards should be out of our club
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 2919 viewshoopstilidie

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:41 - Jan 27 by W5R

That is the most disgusting piece of PR ever.

Keep QPR in west london? We fecking are in west london!

The money has dried up and they dont care about this club...we are a pawn in their money making property scheme.

it's time for action, stay up or go down, these b@stards should be out of our club

That's the ticket, thank God you didn't slide into near hysteria there eh?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 2922 viewsRuislipHoop

Blah blah blah.
4 years in and we still don't have our own training ground,they must think we haven't quite had enough PR bullshite.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:54 - Jan 27 with 2895 viewsMatch82

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:49 - Jan 27 by RuislipHoop

Blah blah blah.
4 years in and we still don't have our own training ground,they must think we haven't quite had enough PR bullshite.

Don't think this is really targeted at us.
It's on the website because it's relevant, but there's a wider purpose.
Login to get fewer ads

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 2873 viewsW5R

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:46 - Jan 27 by hoopstilidie

That's the ticket, thank God you didn't slide into near hysteria there eh?

We need action now. They dont talk to the LSA, there is no OSC. What oice do we have? Oh great..buy me a nandos and im yours Clive or man United fans on WATRBs
New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 2873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:54 - Jan 27 by Match82

Agreed. This PR is aimed at those who'll decide which bid wins. They don't have to bull$hit us anymore. They're already been through the mock-consultation process with us. We won't be stopping anything now, even if we wanted to.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:00 - Jan 27 with 2870 viewsJamie

Exactly.

Whilst we are making lovely videos though, CarGiant still own the land, are set to actually file their application and have purchased units to rehouse affected tenants.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:04 - Jan 27 with 2850 viewshoopstilidie

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:58 - Jan 27 by W5R

We need action now. They dont talk to the LSA, there is no OSC. What oice do we have? Oh great..buy me a nandos and im yours Clive or man United fans on WATRBs

How's that "Fernandes has gone, from an impeccable source" working out for you?
You're a single minded bore.
Everything you say now just looks like yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.
You have a point of view which you've mistaken for a point.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:05 - Jan 27 with 2856 viewsRuislipHoop

Maybe but it's on the offfish website so somewhere along the line it's aimed at us.
It's all dependant on HS2 so until that firms up Car Giant aren't going anywhere.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:11 - Jan 27 with 2828 viewsJamie

New Promo film on Old Oak on 19:58 - Jan 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed. This PR is aimed at those who'll decide which bid wins. They don't have to bull$hit us anymore. They're already been through the mock-consultation process with us. We won't be stopping anything now, even if we wanted to.

And whilst i accept its probably a controversial opinion, I'd rather the club acknowledge that CarGiant also have valid and advancing plans for the site, and point out why Tune would be the better option, rather than their current tactic of just ignoring CarGiants existence along with the unsettling insinuation in thst video that without QPR there is no other option at OAC.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 20:12]
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:20 - Jan 27 with 2795 viewsYorkRanger

Fck knows what Division we will be in if we ever take occupation. Could be more empty seats than the Riverside
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:23 - Jan 27 with 2784 viewsMatch82

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:11 - Jan 27 by Jamie

And whilst i accept its probably a controversial opinion, I'd rather the club acknowledge that CarGiant also have valid and advancing plans for the site, and point out why Tune would be the better option, rather than their current tactic of just ignoring CarGiants existence along with the unsettling insinuation in thst video that without QPR there is no other option at OAC.

To be fair, I believe they implied that the alternative was for it to be "a giant dormitory"
Not sure that's any better reflection of Car Giant's plans...
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 2769 viewsizlingtonhoop

"Moving closer to... Original roots."
100 years on one site - give or take - is going to put down pretty substantial roots.
Is Old Oak closer to Droop Street anyway?
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:36 - Jan 27 with 2716 viewsToast_R

Car Giants plans suck ass and don't include a football stadium serving a wider community, bringing in thousands of football fans every week along with all the extra jobs this might create. Stupid c*nts are missing a trick.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:38 - Jan 27 with 2707 viewsdaveB

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:11 - Jan 27 by Jamie

Car Giant are the ones who broke off talks with the club, not sure why QPR need to mention them, we have our own plans which are nothing to do with car giant and the club are trying to sell the vision they have. I accept at the moment it's all doom and gloom at QPR and everything is rubbish but the ideas they have are pretty good for the area
New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:43 - Jan 27 with 2685 viewsMedwayR

A couple of things to point out...while CarGiant own 47 acres we have agreements in place with landowners to purchase a lot more land than CarGiant currently own. The development isn't dependent on HS2, there's a hell of a lot of land to develop and therefore a hell of a lot of profit for developers, HS2 will just move the development up another level. TfL are including references to our new stadium in their consultation documents too now so I think with the political support we have it's going to happen, we just need try our best as supporters to ensure that the stadium is as good as it can be.

Poll: Who’s better?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:48 - Jan 27 with 2663 viewsDWQPR

In the text it mentions about looking at ways to work closely with existing landowners so I suspect that Cargiant will eventually come on board as part of the stakeholders of the area, after all they can reduce their own costs by doing so. TF's comments do sound encouraging and whether individuals trust him or not the fact is that he has shown a lot more passion for the club and shown a real feel for the supporters, unlike Chris Wright, Richard Thompson, the consortium that bought Wright out, Briatore, Paladini, Ecclestone etc.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Promo film on Old Oak on 21:05 - Jan 27 with 2612 viewssecretranger

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:43 - Jan 27 by MedwayR

A couple of things to point out...while CarGiant own 47 acres we have agreements in place with landowners to purchase a lot more land than CarGiant currently own. The development isn't dependent on HS2, there's a hell of a lot of land to develop and therefore a hell of a lot of profit for developers, HS2 will just move the development up another level. TfL are including references to our new stadium in their consultation documents too now so I think with the political support we have it's going to happen, we just need try our best as supporters to ensure that the stadium is as good as it can be.

"we just need try our best as supporters to ensure that the stadium is as good as it can be."

Just picking up on your final point there MedwayR because you are absolutely right. Up until recently I was lucky enough to work very closely to some key members of the consultant team, I don't anymore but at the time I was able to get some very interesting inside info. Possibly the most important thing that was said to me was that the key players in the project team were invited to the Play Off semi final against Wigan, bearing in mind these people have worked on the highest profile stadium projects in the UK and further afield, they were really taken in by the atmosphere at Loftus Road that evening. My contact at the time was not a QPR fan but he was completely taken in by the atmosphere which he described as the most incredible he'd experienced at a sports event. We can pat ourselves on the back for that. He assured me that the team are paying particular attention to the special character of LR and the atmosphere it creates, so this aspect is a serious consideration and not PR spin. Let's hope it doesn't get lost in value engineering further down the line.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 2571 viewsRuislipHoop

New Promo film on Old Oak on 20:48 - Jan 27 by DWQPR

In the text it mentions about looking at ways to work closely with existing landowners so I suspect that Cargiant will eventually come on board as part of the stakeholders of the area, after all they can reduce their own costs by doing so. TF's comments do sound encouraging and whether individuals trust him or not the fact is that he has shown a lot more passion for the club and shown a real feel for the supporters, unlike Chris Wright, Richard Thompson, the consortium that bought Wright out, Briatore, Paladini, Ecclestone etc.

Passion,mmmm I haven't seen to much of that at any of the away games.Passion hasn't changed much at Loftus Road either in the last four years .
Going down the pubs on the Uxbridge Road before the game is not the sort of passion I want to see from the clubs chairman.
New Promo film on Old Oak on 23:59 - Jan 27 with 2388 viewsdavman

That bloody video showed Bobby Zamora's goal again and got me all upset.

Why does our club ALWAYS do it to us? After such awe inspiring events / days / games, it never lasts does it? Adel's Championship season, then new owners and a brave new world to scraping by through some ridiculous home form and thanks to Stoke before Hughesless and such utter, utter crap - 16 games without a win. Then all go again - a crap season topped by two solid performances, a lucky win, more optimism, then more record breaking - 11 straight away defeats and anotherfeckingrecord.

So, no doubt, we'll get planning permission, start the project and then either run out of money or get relegated at least a couple of leagues.

Since the 90s, I can't remember being happy for any more than one season on the trot and that's probably only 4 or 5 seasons in that time.

Was I depressed before I supported QPR or am I depressed because I support QPR?

...and to think I've introduced Aaron to all of this.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Promo film on Old Oak on 00:10 - Jan 28 with 2372 viewsPeterHucker

as my mate who's a local councillor keeps saying, don't know why QPR are doing all this promo stuff about Old Oak, it's completely pointless because QPR don't own that land.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024