Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp Transfer Ban 12:07 - Jan 28 with 7615 viewsnadera78

Given that we're probably 60-40 (if not more) towards getting relegated and that, whatever league we're in next season Redknapp looks increasingly unlikely to be in charge at Loftus Road, does anyone think it's a good idea to let 'Arry sign players on permanent deals this January? Anyone taking over in the summer will want his own squad for whatever league we're in and the club will, yet again, be trying to shift players in/out on a large scale.

Redknapp should be told in no uncertain terms - no permanent deals in or out. Loans only.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:12 - Jan 28 with 5258 viewsdaveB

I think that's pretty much whats happened
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:14 - Jan 28 with 5240 viewsrosseeles

Yeah hes said many times he can only get loans in and i suspect him not being here next year + the possible FFP issues are the drivers
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:19 - Jan 28 with 5220 viewsbosh67

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:14 - Jan 28 by rosseeles

Yeah hes said many times he can only get loans in and i suspect him not being here next year + the possible FFP issues are the drivers

Yup that is why we are trying to do swap deals on permanents, or straight sales and no straight buy ins, just loans or swaps.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:24 - Jan 28 with 5190 viewsJamie

One company in administration, another wildly in debt, a third experiencing a tragic incident...

Any lender in their right mind would cap the credit line for the time being.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:24 - Jan 28 with 5182 viewsexiled_dictator

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:19 - Jan 28 by bosh67

Yup that is why we are trying to do swap deals on permanents, or straight sales and no straight buy ins, just loans or swaps.

like we did with the panini stickers.

i mean, who bought swapsies?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:27 - Jan 28 with 5160 viewsnadera78

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:19 - Jan 28 by bosh67

I wouldn't even let him do swap deals - we'd just be bringing in someone the new guy would probably want rid of in the summer. Loans or nothing.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:32 - Jan 28 with 5136 viewsCHUBBS

It looks like the owners have already decided to keep their money for that inevitable rainy day.
The only permanent business we need to do in this window is to unload as much dead wood as possible whilst bringing in loans only.
If by some far fetched miracle we stay up get a new man in and start the degenerate cycle once again.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:38 - Jan 28 with 5090 viewsDiscodroids

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:27 - Jan 28 by nadera78

I wouldn't even let him do swap deals - we'd just be bringing in someone the new guy would probably want rid of in the summer. Loans or nothing.

100% agree...he is damaging the club from within with these proposed deals.were a danger to ourselves at the moment.

ffs someone put harold in frankie frasers favourite dressing gown and liquid cosh him.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 12:44]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:47 - Jan 28 with 5063 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure if they have banned Redknapp from spending any cash but if they have it speaks very poorly of him. If you won't let your guest have a key to the door, he shouldn't be a guest at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 5036 viewsDiscodroids

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:47 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure if they have banned Redknapp from spending any cash but if they have it speaks very poorly of him. If you won't let your guest have a key to the door, he shouldn't be a guest at all.

beautiful stuff bri.

and so true.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:59 - Jan 28 with 5017 viewsdaveB

FFP is playing a big role, I think we can't spend more than 70% of our turnover in the Prem so another massive spending spree was never likely in January and certainly wouldn't help our case with the football league
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:04 - Jan 28 with 4999 viewsBasingstokeR

Agree with Nad, I don't care if Harry tries to use "no Jan transfers" as an excuse in the future; he's got an excuse for everything. He should be allowed loans only, and if the Mutch story is true, I'm even more for the loans only idea.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 4935 viewsHollowayRanger

my worry I if we go down ,we could also be with a transfer ban then what? we would be stuck with what we got and youth team players unable to build a championship team

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:23 - Jan 28 with 4930 viewsShotKneesHoop

I am in favour of SWAP deals as long as I can play Scrabble with the letters that form SWAP and I get "A SWP" out onto someone else books ASAP.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:24 - Jan 28 with 4930 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:47 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Isn't it more akin to letting your guest buy the new appliances though?
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:25 - Jan 28 with 4927 viewsfakekerby

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 12:59 - Jan 28 by daveB

FFP is playing a big role, I think we can't spend more than 70% of our turnover in the Prem so another massive spending spree was never likely in January and certainly wouldn't help our case with the football league

What I don't understand is why 14 million for Borini was sanctioned for Borini in the summer and never spent and now that money is no longer available in January.

The club have always known about FFP so there must be more to it.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:27 - Jan 28 with 4913 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:24 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

Isn't it more akin to letting your guest buy the new appliances though?

It's more akin to something a lot worse, but I was being polite.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:34 - Jan 28 with 4883 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:25 - Jan 28 by fakekerby

What I don't understand is why 14 million for Borini was sanctioned for Borini in the summer and never spent and now that money is no longer available in January.

That is true, it is a bit of a mystery.
I suspect that funds will be available for the right player but they are keeping quiet about it for once.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:41 - Jan 28 with 4860 viewsMytch_QPR

I think the best way to sum this up is as follows: when we first came into some money under the orange one, I used to get quite excited (rather like a child at Xmas) by some of the names we were linked with - it was a new experience.
Under the first few months of Tony's reign not only were we linked with some pretty big names - we started to sign some of them. I never thought I'd see the likes of Cesar, Cisse or (dare I mention it) Bosingwa turning out for the hoops. Turns out that it was a case of 'be careful what you wish for'
Nowadays, I can't really get excited by the transfer window at all. It feels me with fear (of who we are going to sign) and loathing (for how much money / salary) and I can't wait for it to finish and crack on with the actual football.

As for the original subject, I don't think there is any doubt that HR will be off at the end of the season. He can restore some pride by motivating the players and his training staff to make a maximum effort to stay up - not so much for the prestige but to try to keep the club afloat financially.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:52 - Jan 28 with 4814 viewsLoft1979

My thoughts exactly.
I think the club WILL buy, but not seeing alot out there they want, plus are committed to letting attrition work.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:53 - Jan 28 with 4810 viewsadhoc_qpr

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:34 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

That is true, it is a bit of a mystery.
I suspect that funds will be available for the right player but they are keeping quiet about it for once.

Not really, they were happy to shell out £14m on Borini in the heady days post promotion when 'Arry's boys were going to sweep into mid-table safety led by star signing Sandro.

After witnessing the car crash of a first half of the season (unwanted records, poor public image, ignings flopping, fans and press turning on 'Arry etc) and with relegation extremely likely - i think they won't be sanctioning any spending...
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:53 - Jan 28 with 4809 viewsJamie

Malaysian banks weren't involved in the administration of one of Tune's businesses in September.
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 14:03 - Jan 28 with 4768 viewsMytch_QPR

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:53 - Jan 28 by Jamie

Malaysian banks weren't involved in the administration of one of Tune's businesses in September.

I think the tragic events with Air Asia will have an effect somehow. It's all gone quiet about not having a licence to operate that route - let's hope it doesn't turn into an enormous problem.

Debt is okay (up to a point) if it can be serviced.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 4753 viewsTearsOfaClown

Redknapp Transfer Ban on 13:23 - Jan 28 by ShotKneesHoop

I am in favour of SWAP deals as long as I can play Scrabble with the letters that form SWAP and I get "A SWP" out onto someone else books ASAP.

ASAW . . . ?
Redknapp Transfer Ban on 14:08 - Jan 28 with 4755 viewsstansleftfoot

I think we've seen Harry's signings, other than the perma-unfit Sandro in demonstration games recently, presumably in an attempt to clear the decks of unwanted and unselected players.
That plus the clear instruction that TF expects HR to use "his" players to keep the Club competitive and in this League finally shows a strategy in place, or rather another strategy.
Strategy A, cost £200 Million and a strong chance of relegation, and a squad that is not fit for purpose.
Strategy B, crystallizes even more debt as Contracts are wound up and our sale prices incur losses, it maybe possible to offset these losses in the FFP battle.
The final point is why, given all the evidence, would TF, AB and G allow Harry Redknapp to get close to their money?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024