Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England management according to Arry 15:35 - Jan 28 with 1822 viewsHantsR

"it was difficult for Roy (Hodgson) ...but when your best pass completion statistic is from Joe Hart to Andy Carroll - goalkeeper to lump of centre forward, bypassing nine outfield players - you know you've got a problem."

Yeah right.
England management according to Arry on 16:13 - Jan 28 with 1788 viewsBasingstokeR

Did he say that recently? We play more long ball than 80% of the Premier League this season so far.
England management according to Arry on 16:39 - Jan 28 with 1736 viewsBucksRanger

We're 3rd in the long ball table. Man U are 2nd and Burnley are top.

http://talksport.com/football/shocking-top-10-long-ball-playing-pl-teams-reveale
England management according to Arry on 16:43 - Jan 28 with 1723 viewsJuzzie

This is a bit like Rio telling everyone on TV during the World Cup (he cames across ok tbf.... shame it went belly-up) how to defend a corner then making a hash of the very same thing on the opening day of the season conceding what turned out to be Hull's winner.
England management according to Arry on 16:53 - Jan 28 with 1713 viewsTacticalR

England management according to Arry on 16:13 - Jan 28 by BasingstokeR

Did he say that recently? We play more long ball than 80% of the Premier League this season so far.

That was in 2013. In the same article he also said:

'The last England manager I can remember who had a firm idea of how he wanted to play was Glenn Hoddle: three centre-halves, a player coming out from the back to overload midfield; there was a plan to what he wanted to do. Since then we’ve bumbled along, a hundred different systems: are we kicking it, or are we passing it?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446792/HARRY-REDKNAPP-BOOK-EX

Air hostess clique

England management according to Arry on 12:57 - Jan 29 with 1527 viewsthemodfather

the genius that is harry
i would love to see us passing it, lumping it or hoofing it
if we win!
England management according to Arry on 13:00 - Jan 29 with 1504 viewsdaveB

We did nothing but pass it last season and we moaned the team needed to be more direct
England management according to Arry on 13:15 - Jan 29 with 1487 viewsJamie

England management according to Arry on 13:00 - Jan 29 by daveB

We did nothing but pass it last season and we moaned the team needed to be more direct

More than a touch disingenuous there Dave.

Plenty thought that 45 short passes and then going backwards when we reached the final third was extreme.

Equally plenty think that buying technical players then smashing it over their heads to Zamora ad nauseum as Plan A is extreme.
England management according to Arry on 13:20 - Jan 29 with 1476 viewssimmo

England management according to Arry on 16:53 - Jan 28 by TacticalR

That was in 2013. In the same article he also said:

'The last England manager I can remember who had a firm idea of how he wanted to play was Glenn Hoddle: three centre-halves, a player coming out from the back to overload midfield; there was a plan to what he wanted to do. Since then we’ve bumbled along, a hundred different systems: are we kicking it, or are we passing it?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446792/HARRY-REDKNAPP-BOOK-EX

Ha ha! Drenched in irony.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

England management according to Arry on 13:24 - Jan 29 with 1469 viewssimmo

FFS, Dave, it's completely different. We had the budget, player appeal and playing staff to wipe the floor with teams last season. It's not unreasonable in that scenario to have expected us to be more attacking rather than timidly staying in games and relying on individuals.

Thi s season we have been very direct and it worked for a bit, but now teams have cottoned on (and Zamora has used his alloted minutes for the season in the first few months), we need to think of alternative solutions.

Highlighting both of those points is not negative or moaning, it's taking a view on a current situation.

England management according to Arry on 13:28 - Jan 29 with 1457 viewsdaveB

I agree we should have been more attacking last season but not sure why it's a problem that we are direct this year when thats the only thing that has worked for us.
England management according to Arry on 13:28 - Jan 29 with 1457 viewsBasingstokeR

I think you've highlighted an issue there daveb without neccesarily meaning to...

Why can we only play "one way" under such an experienced manager? Why can't they mix up some different patterns of play. I feel other teams adapt better than us during games. We bludgeoned our way through the Championship last year through a good start, individuals and a bit of luck at the end.
England management according to Arry on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 1447 viewsdaveB

England management according to Arry on 13:28 - Jan 29 by BasingstokeR

I think you've highlighted an issue there daveb without neccesarily meaning to...

Why can we only play "one way" under such an experienced manager? Why can't they mix up some different patterns of play. I feel other teams adapt better than us during games. We bludgeoned our way through the Championship last year through a good start, individuals and a bit of luck at the end.

We should be able to play more than one way and at times we do, probably not often enough though
England management according to Arry on 13:42 - Jan 29 with 1447 viewssimmo

England management according to Arry on 13:28 - Jan 29 by daveB

I agree we should have been more attacking last season but not sure why it's a problem that we are direct this year when thats the only thing that has worked for us.

It's not a problem to be more direct this year if it's worked for us. It is a problem if that's the only thing we do with no planned alternative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024