Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this a good time 20:37 - Jan 29 with 4433 viewsBklynRanger

to promote my photography website? Is it?

Here it is anyway. I'm open to any of the usual constructive criticism.

Mainly though, if anyone would like to share it on Facebook or generally encourage some of the affluent people in their lives to buy something I'd be more than grateful. I am clueless when it comes to marketing.

Thanks.

http://www.craigholdenphotography.com/
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 20:38]
Is this a good time on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 2913 viewsBasingstokeR

Constructive criticism from a QPR message board slant:
I can see a "World Cup NYC 2014" section - but no obvious "Wembley Playoff Final 2014 section???
Is this a good time on 21:03 - Jan 29 with 2899 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 20:58 - Jan 29 by BasingstokeR

Constructive criticism from a QPR message board slant:
I can see a "World Cup NYC 2014" section - but no obvious "Wembley Playoff Final 2014 section???

It's fair criticism mate, it really is. The only videographer I could afford that day was a buffoon, that's all I can say.
Is this a good time on 21:08 - Jan 29 with 2890 viewsconnell10

i just tried to nick some pics off there and it wouldnt let me, dam security software, its just not fair i tells ya!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is this a good time on 21:34 - Jan 29 with 2853 viewsbosh67

Brilliant stuff Craig. have sent a message via the contact section of your website. Really really amazing stuff. Far too good for a QPR fan. You really should consider defecting.

My only observation, as with the others who have commented is where is the very small ecstasy, larger agony and huge despair section featuring shots of us watching the Rs?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is this a good time on 21:45 - Jan 29 with 2822 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks Bosh, you're too kind, I'll take a look at that tonight. I've rarely if ever brought a camera to a QPR match I have to say, for lots of reasons on and off the pitch. :)

Oh and Connell - NO!
Is this a good time on 21:48 - Jan 29 with 2818 viewsCHUBBS

Really nice stuff Brooks,I like the one with the house in the middle of no where.
Would like to move there for the foreseeable with no electronic equipment and forget I ever supported QPR.
I've got my bags packed if you can let me know the coordinates.
But seriously if you took them you're half way to legendary status.
Good luck
Is this a good time on 21:51 - Jan 29 with 2814 viewsBrightonhoop

Very nice, I like the Landscapes especially. What's the story about Granada in Holy Week, gorgeous women aside, is it worth a visit that particular week?
Is this a good time on 21:53 - Jan 29 with 2810 viewsDeepcutHoop

Is this a good time on 21:48 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

Really nice stuff Brooks,I like the one with the house in the middle of no where.
Would like to move there for the foreseeable with no electronic equipment and forget I ever supported QPR.
Good luck

Fantastic stuff Brooks, really really terrific work.

Do you have profiles on any of the photography sites (Flickr, 500px et al)?

I dabble mainly in insect macros myself, did get a landscape on Winterwatch on on a couple of newspaper websites last week though, which was nice.

Edit: Found you on 500px.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 21:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Is this a good time on 21:54 - Jan 29 with 2804 viewsTW_R

Is this a good time on 21:34 - Jan 29 by bosh67

Brilliant stuff Craig. have sent a message via the contact section of your website. Really really amazing stuff. Far too good for a QPR fan. You really should consider defecting.

My only observation, as with the others who have commented is where is the very small ecstasy, larger agony and huge despair section featuring shots of us watching the Rs?

As Bosh says there are some absolutely stunning photos here. I love the colours you've got in the landscape shots. The wildlife shots are amazing too, particularly the humpback.

The only criticism I have is that the space shuttle/ESB shot (another great photo BTW) is under Landscapes.

Great work Bklyn.
Is this a good time on 21:59 - Jan 29 with 2788 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lovely stuff Brooklyn. Especially liked Broughderg in Co Tyrone - beautiful light
Is this a good time on 22:06 - Jan 29 with 2769 viewstheselector

Some amazing stuff on there. If I had the money I'd buy 'em.

Only minor point: might be about browser compatibility (I'm using Safari) but your name in the top left corner overlaps with the first tab (landscapes).
Is this a good time on 22:23 - Jan 29 with 2739 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 21:48 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

Good luck

Cheers Chubbs and yeah I know the feeling.

It's just off the Gorticashel Rd on the way to Gortin (pronounced 'Gorchin'), so yeah - middle of nowhere.
Is this a good time on 22:25 - Jan 29 with 2734 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 21:51 - Jan 29 by Brightonhoop

Very nice, I like the Landscapes especially. What's the story about Granada in Holy Week, gorgeous women aside, is it worth a visit that particular week?

Thanks Brighton, I know you're somethin gof a senior pro on the Spanish circuit anyway. Yeah - Granda in Holy Week is great. Probably great any time and you could walk probably walk there, eventually.
Is this a good time on 22:26 - Jan 29 with 2731 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 21:53 - Jan 29 by DeepcutHoop

Fantastic stuff Brooks, really really terrific work.

Do you have profiles on any of the photography sites (Flickr, 500px et al)?

I dabble mainly in insect macros myself, did get a landscape on Winterwatch on on a couple of newspaper websites last week though, which was nice.

Edit: Found you on 500px.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 21:58]

Ha - I look forward to perusing your work Mr H :)
Is this a good time on 22:27 - Jan 29 with 2726 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 21:54 - Jan 29 by TW_R

As Bosh says there are some absolutely stunning photos here. I love the colours you've got in the landscape shots. The wildlife shots are amazing too, particularly the humpback.

The only criticism I have is that the space shuttle/ESB shot (another great photo BTW) is under Landscapes.

Great work Bklyn.

Cheers TW, very kind. I just didn't know where to put that space shuttle thing. I've got a few like that probably. Nearly had a whole category called Stuff or Things....
Is this a good time on 22:28 - Jan 29 with 2723 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks Cider
Is this a good time on 22:29 - Jan 29 with 2720 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 22:06 - Jan 29 by theselector

Some amazing stuff on there. If I had the money I'd buy 'em.

Only minor point: might be about browser compatibility (I'm using Safari) but your name in the top left corner overlaps with the first tab (landscapes).

Cheers Selector. Yeah, I changed that logo recently and its giving me all sorts of fiddly bother. Need to sort that.
Is this a good time on 22:32 - Jan 29 with 2717 viewsCHUBBS

Is this a good time on 22:23 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

Cheers Chubbs and yeah I know the feeling.

It's just off the Gorticashel Rd on the way to Gortin (pronounced 'Gorchin'), so yeah - middle of nowhere.

Blimey my long gone grandad was born just round the corner.
Small world.
Is this a good time on 22:35 - Jan 29 with 2710 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a good time on 22:32 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

Blimey my long gone grandad was born just round the corner.
Small world.

Fcukin 'ell!
Is this a good time on 22:48 - Jan 29 with 2682 viewsPunteR

Is this a good time on 22:27 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

Cheers TW, very kind. I just didn't know where to put that space shuttle thing. I've got a few like that probably. Nearly had a whole category called Stuff or Things....

Fantastic photos Bklyn.
Was that the shuttle that flew over london in 82/83.? My dad took me to Richmond park to watch it fly over. or did NASA use American airlines to transport them on other occasions?
I'll get the missus to like on Facebook(im not on it),spread the word..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this a good time on 22:49 - Jan 29 with 2680 viewsted_hendrix

Where's that picture of you, me and Sharpy in the Black Horse?I looked under the heading 'pictures' Seriously good stuff mate.
You really must do the Arizona Indian reservations, they are truly fantastic I spent days in the desert out there and barely met a soul the scenery and ambience will just blow you away, I never had a camera with me not that I could have captured the scene properly.
Peace.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is this a good time on 23:12 - Jan 29 with 2654 viewsDeepcutHoop

Is this a good time on 22:48 - Jan 29 by PunteR

Fantastic photos Bklyn.
Was that the shuttle that flew over london in 82/83.? My dad took me to Richmond park to watch it fly over. or did NASA use American airlines to transport them on other occasions?
I'll get the missus to like on Facebook(im not on it),spread the word..

PunteR, I remember seeing that plane with the shuttle at Heathrow. We were on our way to see my grandparents, and just saw it (not sure if it was landing or taking off) completely unexpected. A really freaky sight, but awesome!

Found a link http://www.airliners.net/photo/NASA/Boeing-747-123(SCA)/1516945/&sid=19f1c9f4774
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 23:14]
Is this a good time on 23:33 - Jan 29 with 2638 viewsPunteR

Is this a good time on 23:12 - Jan 29 by DeepcutHoop

PunteR, I remember seeing that plane with the shuttle at Heathrow. We were on our way to see my grandparents, and just saw it (not sure if it was landing or taking off) completely unexpected. A really freaky sight, but awesome!

Found a link http://www.airliners.net/photo/NASA/Boeing-747-123(SCA)/1516945/&sid=19f1c9f4774
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 23:14]

Thats the one. I remember the weather was bad and visibility poor.
Brooklyns photo(if its the same shuttle) captures the moment much better then how i remember it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this a good time on 23:44 - Jan 29 with 2624 viewsNathanNI

* claps *

They are great Brooklyn. Can't praise them enough.
Is this a good time on 00:42 - Jan 30 with 2595 viewsSimonJames

Fantastic pictures.

Check your security though, because your images are very easy to steal via the Chrome browser. (PM me if you want me to show you how).

Also, if you want to track how well your promotions and marketing are going, you really should install analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) on the website. Otherwise you have no idea how much traffic you are getting, where it is coming from, which are your most popular pages, and where in the process non-buyers are abandoning your cart.

Also, the header on your home page should contain a headline, tagline or "call to action" that identifies what service you are offering. It took me quite some time to figure out that you were selling prints rather than being a photographer for hire.

You ought to offer multiple ways for people to get in touch with you (preferably located in the top right hand side of the header). Typically less than 40% of people are willing to fill out a contact form, whereas nearly 60% will call a telephone number, and over 80% will send an email. (Your email address is on the Ordering Prints page but not the Contact page).

Your copyright notification need updating to 2015.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024