Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread 04:34 - Jan 30 with 2281 viewsFredManRave

Not seen this musical theme before, if it has been done before it was a long time ago so let's do it otra vez!

Even though I've lived in Argentina for almost 10 years I'm no South American oficionado de musica I've just included 3 fairly different styles of favourite tracks. More than anything I'm interested to see (listen?!) to what and where other posters foreign tounged choices will come from;

And to give it a Frankie feel;

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 4:41]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 04:45 - Jan 30 with 1755 viewsFDC

I was right into this lot at one point, possible something about the guitar-playing radical-militia aesthetic maybe!

Some excellent white-boy freaky-dancing in this one

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 4:47]
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 04:50 - Jan 30 with 1750 viewsFDC

Manu Chao, obvs.

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 05:03 - Jan 30 with 1744 viewsFDC

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 5:06]
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 05:08 - Jan 30 with 1740 viewsFredManRave

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 05:03 - Jan 30 by FDC

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 5:06]

Not a big fan of Manu Chao but as for Tinariwen - Mano Dayak, you owe me 5:43 minutes of my life FDC. You can pay me in pesos or quids...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 05:47 - Jan 30 with 1733 viewsFDC

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 05:08 - Jan 30 by FredManRave

Not a big fan of Manu Chao but as for Tinariwen - Mano Dayak, you owe me 5:43 minutes of my life FDC. You can pay me in pesos or quids...

Ha, I believe Manu Chao is pretty big in Argentina?

[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 5:52]
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:03 - Jan 30 with 1698 viewsKonk

Just for the way Bardot says "Bonnie":

Loved this anyway, and the ending of Life Aquatic sealed this one for me:

Just lovely:

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:08 - Jan 30 with 1693 viewsaston_hoop

Something to liven things up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:26 - Jan 30 with 1675 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:29 - Jan 30 with 1675 viewsbarabajagal

For the romantics among us, Colombia's Shakira Ripoll at her most refined
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 9:11]
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:38 - Jan 30 with 1662 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trance-inducing beauty. Nine minutes of groove. I adore this and it would come very close to making my 8 Desert Island Discs list.

Was living with a girl once, and enjoying a mellow Sunday morning with orange juice, the sports supplements and this on the stereo. Vibe shattered alarmingly when the girlfriend walks in and demands "what is this $hit we have to listen to?".

The time and date of the breakup will always be recorded as a moment a few weeks later, but really, in my heart, we broke up at that precise moment.

I did well. I got to keep Ali Farka and Ry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:39 - Jan 30 with 1662 viewsbarabajagal

This one's for all the 'anti PC brigade brigade'. A video that, I'm sure you'll agree, fully justifies the sexist leering of fat middle aged Mexicans. Near naked young women and football. What's not to like? Come on, get on the table and clap.
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:45 - Jan 30 with 1654 viewsscot1963

and a bit of bollywood

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:46 - Jan 30 with 1653 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Something Cheerful in Finnish.

Something epic in Magyar

Something in Ancient Gaulish (beat that )

Crazy Russki lady, seen her live she's amazing.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:50 - Jan 30 with 1650 viewsbarabajagal

Colombian Cowboy music. You can feel the soul of one of the most passionate people I've ever met. The video is worth watching just to see life on the plains of the Colombian/ Venezuelan border. And the music is incredible. The long call at the beginning is the cowboys calling the cows home, so I'm led to believe.
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:57 - Jan 30 with 1642 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Forgot one of Serbia's finest.

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 1632 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 09:12 - Jan 30 with 1615 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 09:12 - Jan 30 with 1614 viewsPunteR

one more time..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 1604 viewsFDC

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 08:38 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Trance-inducing beauty. Nine minutes of groove. I adore this and it would come very close to making my 8 Desert Island Discs list.

Was living with a girl once, and enjoying a mellow Sunday morning with orange juice, the sports supplements and this on the stereo. Vibe shattered alarmingly when the girlfriend walks in and demands "what is this $hit we have to listen to?".

The time and date of the breakup will always be recorded as a moment a few weeks later, but really, in my heart, we broke up at that precise moment.

I did well. I got to keep Ali Farka and Ry.

Good tale.

This reminds me a bit of Andy Palacio, vocally any way.

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 10:53 - Jan 30 with 1578 viewswestberksr

not the club version i was looking for, but defo a nod to the Frankie thread.
Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 11:08 - Jan 30 with 1570 viewsToast_R

Went on a cruise couple of years ago, this song kept getting played all the time from the onboard Filipino live band. Apparently popular amongst the Latin Americans on board.

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 11:42 - Jan 30 with 1541 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 09:36 - Jan 30 by FDC

Good tale.

This reminds me a bit of Andy Palacio, vocally any way.

Been listening to that playlist since you posted it, FDC. Nice stuff, isn't it?

New to me, so thanks a mill.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 12:12 - Jan 30 with 1521 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 12:24 - Jan 30 with 1510 viewsNorthLondonR

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 11:42 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Been listening to that playlist since you posted it, FDC. Nice stuff, isn't it?

New to me, so thanks a mill.

Hi FDC, really interested to see how you came across Andy Palacio. BPR who used to post on here but I haven't seen in ages is Belizean as is my own missus, so we briefly discussed Punta Rock which is the music of the Garifuna people of Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua.

The tracks are mainly song in Garifuna which is a mix of western african dialect and arawak indian. Really interesting history.

Here's the Punta Rebels for your listening pleasure:

Fridays Foreign Tongued Music Thread on 13:09 - Jan 30 with 1492 viewsTacticalR

Great stuff so far. In keeping with the latin theme...

One from the Colombians

One from the Cubans

One from the Nuyoricans

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024