Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans 17:53 - Feb 16 with 3452 viewsdaib0

Hi everyone,

My friend Clyde (admin on “Royals Rendezvous”) is petitioning the FA and Premier League to require Premier League club to offer fans free away travel to matches - before hopefully expanding to the Football League and cup competitions. The main aim is that the increased TV money isn't spent on player's wages.
[url= http://www.change.org/p/football-association-give-free-travel-for-away-fans]See here[/url]

Recently, the Premier League announced a new television deal showing an increase of 71% on the previous deal. With this massive increase in revenue for the clubs - they should be able to offer away fans free travel to away matches without increasing ticket prices.

Ticket prices are already too high and put people off travelling to the games. Including the travel with the match ticket would enable more people to be able to travel to matches - especially younger people, who may not be able to travel to matches otherwise.

In Germany, away travel is included as part of the match ticket - and is subsidised by the clubs.

Some Premier League clubs, such as Stoke City, have already implemented a free away travel scheme for their supporters. Stoke started the scheme for the 2013-14 season and saw a 26% increase on away attendances for like-for-like matches when compared to the previous season. This shows how well this can work. Additionally, the increased away ticket money would offset the cost of the transport to the games.

The Premier League should force clubs to offer free away travel - as part of the rules of the league. This could, later, be expanded for Premier League sides playing in the FA and League Cups, as well as Championship sides.

Please take a second out and give a hand …

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 17:56 - Feb 16 with 3445 viewsC_jack

Will they be offering me free travel on train journeys? or will I have to go on official buses, where my every move is planned to the exact detail

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 19:04 - Feb 16 with 3362 viewsNookiejack

With our ground capacity - I don't know if we want more away supporters. For a lot of our games the away side takes up maybe 1,000 of 2,000 allocation. Which mean have 1,000 more tickets available for home supporters.

Would more vociferous away supporters also give away team more of an advantage?

Will we have say 1,000 more away supporters going to away games to compensate for lost 1,000 home tickets - if away ticket prices were slashed?

Also do we understand FFP considerations of this? This may or may not put bigger clubs at more of an advantage - given lost ticket revenue likely to be lower proportion of their revenue.

Personally would like away tickets to be slashed - as go to nearly every away game and only a handful of home games - but a number of issues to be debated here.
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 19:05 - Feb 16 with 3358 viewsJackfath

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 19:04 - Feb 16 by Nookiejack

With our ground capacity - I don't know if we want more away supporters. For a lot of our games the away side takes up maybe 1,000 of 2,000 allocation. Which mean have 1,000 more tickets available for home supporters.

Would more vociferous away supporters also give away team more of an advantage?

Will we have say 1,000 more away supporters going to away games to compensate for lost 1,000 home tickets - if away ticket prices were slashed?

Also do we understand FFP considerations of this? This may or may not put bigger clubs at more of an advantage - given lost ticket revenue likely to be lower proportion of their revenue.

Personally would like away tickets to be slashed - as go to nearly every away game and only a handful of home games - but a number of issues to be debated here.

Thanks Phil

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 13:57 - Feb 17 with 3180 viewsJBT95

Free travel is rubbish.

Free tickets is more like it.
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 14:59 - Feb 17 with 3150 viewsApeShit

Yea, not really a fan of this idea.

A general reduction in ticket prices would be nice.
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:07 - Feb 17 with 3138 viewsswans11

What good does this do most fans who don't do official travel. ticket price reductions is way forward not free travel
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:30 - Feb 17 with 3110 viewsairedale

PL clubs might be better off renting their own trains. Trouble with that as far as we're concerned is that Charlie the ball man would insist on driving.
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:32 - Feb 17 with 3110 viewsjack247

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:07 - Feb 17 by swans11

What good does this do most fans who don't do official travel. ticket price reductions is way forward not free travel

The twenty is plenty idea is pretty decent, but would have to be agreed by everyone. Idealistically it sounds great, but I can't see clubs going out if their way to benefit travelling fans.

Personally, although I don't go away that often, I would rather see something that benefits people who put real effort into following their team than a reduction in match day or season ticket prices.
Login to get fewer ads

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:50 - Feb 17 with 3087 viewsClinton

wtf has it got to do with your mate Clyde(admin on “Royals Rendezvous”) who must be, presumably, a Reading fan?

They are more likely to be playing in League One than the Premier League next season. Jeez, they've only got one more point than Scum

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 15:59 - Feb 17 with 3077 viewsazjack

Well I think its an absolutely splendid idea. I'll be flying in red eye from Phoenix arriving Heathrow early Saturday which would give me time to switch to a local carrier. Obviously we'd (the missus doesn't really care for the game too much but we go everywhere together) include at least one night's accommodation as part of the package and throw in a couple of reasonably priced candlelit dinners.
Its a win win for everyone. I'd get to buy a $500 Swansea season ticket as a guaranteed no show, the club could then make multiple repeat sales without even bothering to spend any money in order to increase the stadium capacity, The FA would look good by dispensing a small percentage of the TV megabucks to "international" grass roots supporters and everyone's happy.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 16:00]
Calling all Swansea/Premier League Fans on 18:11 - Feb 17 with 3007 viewsOldjack

Newcastle had over eleven thousand last night attending a under 21 game ,why, because it was free entry

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024