Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? 10:11 - Feb 19 with 6602 viewsrbsranger

Isla injured
Ned injured
Simpson in the Leicester reserves
I guess that leaves us with a choice of...
SWP (cue forum going into meltdown)
or one of the kids

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:12 - Feb 19 with 4391 viewsfakekerby

Simpson has been in the Leicester first team for a while now.

Ned was never a right back anyway so shouldn't count.

Bring back Harriman?
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:13 - Feb 19 with 4378 viewsdaveB

or play 3 at the back with swp or Phillips as a wing back.
Karl Henry used to be a right back at Stoke so is another option
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 4351 viewsMaggsinho

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:13 - Feb 19 by daveB

or play 3 at the back with swp or Phillips as a wing back.
Karl Henry used to be a right back at Stoke so is another option

Yeah, Karl Henry was my first thought. Doughty played there when he came on against Sunderland so could be another option.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 4346 viewssimmo

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:12 - Feb 19 by fakekerby

Simpson has been in the Leicester first team for a while now.

Ned was never a right back anyway so shouldn't count.

Bring back Harriman?

He's on loan and not in the 25.

Might force a change in formation, 3 CB's (Rio, Caulker and Hill) with Phillips and YSY as wing backs. Something like this?

--------------Green---------------
-------Caulker--Rio--Hill-------
Phillips-----------------------YSY
-----------Barton-Henry--------
-------Vargas--------Zarate-----
---------------Austin--------------

No idea TBH, pleased it's not been made a big deal out of though, I am sure he's coached around it rather than just prepare it as an excuse.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:26 - Feb 19 with 4315 viewsaston_hoop

Henry to RB as he has played there before, Barton and Doughty in the middle and Sandro on the bench ready to come on if needs be? Anything but SWP there basically, and he has been played there for the reserves!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 4286 viewsJonDoeman

I hope shot knees will be ok when its SWP!!

It Is What It Is !!

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:32 - Feb 19 with 4281 viewsHunterhoop

Henry will almost certainly be able to do a job at RB, but it leaves us very light in CM without Fer and Sandro too. I'd be very wary of playing Doughty in a two man midfield, with Barton Balls, away from home.

Equally, every time we've played 3 at the back it's been a disaster. We couldn't even beat Sheff Utd with that 3 at the back shape and had to change it at half time. We're asking for trouble, IMO, if we do shift to 3-5-2. Phillips and Yun will need to have stormers. But, if anyone is likely to make it work and get the players well drilled in it in only a week, it's Ramsey.

That said, I'd keep Henry and Barton together in the hub (they did a good job vs. Sunderland) and I'd bring in AN OTHER at RB: SWP, a youth team graduate....and just make sure Phillips tracks back! I also want Phillips to continue in the same position and role he's been in for the last two games as he's really growing into it.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:35 - Feb 19 with 4271 viewsrbsranger

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 10:18 - Feb 19 by simmo

He's on loan and not in the 25.

Might force a change in formation, 3 CB's (Rio, Caulker and Hill) with Phillips and YSY as wing backs. Something like this?

--------------Green---------------
-------Caulker--Rio--Hill-------
Phillips-----------------------YSY
-----------Barton-Henry--------
-------Vargas--------Zarate-----
---------------Austin--------------

No idea TBH, pleased it's not been made a big deal out of though, I am sure he's coached around it rather than just prepare it as an excuse.

your last line is why CR is turning out to be so popular over here. We now have a significant portion of the 1st XI injured or not yet fully fit and he is not telling everyone how hard it is and preparing his excuses early - he is saying I expect that whoever is in the 11 on Saturday to do a job well enough to come home with all 3 points.
How we put up with the excuses-laden buffoon for 2 years I do not know
Login to get fewer ads

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:08 - Feb 19 with 4179 viewsadhoc_qpr

Not many good options really (thanks Harry...).

I'd personally go with Henry at right back and Doughty in midfield initially. Big pressure on the kid though!

SWP is too small and (if i'm being generous) too rusty to trust to start out of position.

I don't know anything about Darnell Furlong, but it's a pretty big ask to come in a make your debut away in a crunch match like this.

At least Doughty is older and much more seasoned having played lots of games in league one and two.

Can Phillips defend? I've never really noticed him doing so? That might be another option.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:09]
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:16 - Feb 19 with 4139 viewsqueensparker

Who plays left-wing for Hull? Is it that El Mohammody bloke? He's quite handy from what I remember
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:16 - Feb 19 with 4134 viewsAntti_Heinola

Henry at RB gives me the shivers.

Darnell Furlong must have a chance.

Bare bones.

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 4115 viewsbaz_qpr

Yun at right back Hill at Left, Hull away in a relegation scrap probably not the best time to throw a 17 year old into the back four
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:28 - Feb 19 with 4088 viewsadhoc_qpr

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:16 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

Henry at RB gives me the shivers.

Darnell Furlong must have a chance.

Karl Henry started his career at right back though?

Darnell Furlong has never started a league game of any kind as far as i can tell?
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:29 - Feb 19 with 4084 viewsAntti_Heinola

quite the contrary. youngsters tend to have much less doubts than other players. They thrive on the excitement. No idea if Furlong is 'good enough', but Ramsey has included him in the larger squad already. Not sure playing someone out of position like that is sensible either.

Bare bones.

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:33 - Feb 19 with 4069 viewssimmo

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:29 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

quite the contrary. youngsters tend to have much less doubts than other players. They thrive on the excitement. No idea if Furlong is 'good enough', but Ramsey has included him in the larger squad already. Not sure playing someone out of position like that is sensible either.

I would rather play someone with less experience in their natural position than shoe horn a player in with more games but no understanding of how to play in that role. Henry could make the move, but we'd be negating what he's been doing in CM and the protection he provides to our back 4.

I would rather see Furliong start TBH. It's a massive ask considering his lack of game time but at least he knows the fundementals of being a RB and will give absolutely everything.

This is why Harriman should have been in the squad. This is exactly the opportunity for him.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:34]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:44 - Feb 19 with 4022 viewsdaveB

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:28 - Feb 19 by adhoc_qpr

Karl Henry started his career at right back though?

Darnell Furlong has never started a league game of any kind as far as i can tell?

No more of a risk playing a kid at right back than playing a central midfield player. I think Henry will do a decent job in the position but with Sandra out again he's probably needed in the middle
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 3983 viewsDiscodroids

christ...hill, enerst hemmingway and henry in defence!!!....it will defy the laws of physics and possibly bend the time continuim it will be so slow...stove pipe hats, grapes and surgical equipment to be handed out by our coaching staff to rescue fallen angels from the streets of hull.

chuck in niko flouncy pantaloons, barton and robeto bettaga zamora and we might as well all don deep sea diving suits from the 1940's while were at it.

btw has vargas added to his tally of one in 25 games yet?, if so what are the odds for the golden boot?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:59 - Feb 19 with 3960 viewsLblock

Injuries becoming an issue... but still Alf refuses to moan and not as yet one utterance of the immortal "we're darn to da bare bones, never known nuffink like it" phrase.

Fair play that man, but I'm concerned.

Sandrose still out? No further comment.
Dunne is probably done
Big Ned seems to have borrowed Hoiletts wrigley spearmint hamstrings
Leroy was starting to grow on me in his correct position - shame he's probably run his race for the season
Greyfriars cant play 180 minutes in a month
And now the Chileans seem to be developing frostbite......

It's all against us. If Alf galvanises this lot to a second away win on the spin then I'll stand him to a large lunch and as much Patron Cafe as he can stand in the Queen Adelaide no problem.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:00 - Feb 19 with 3953 viewsMarc

Risky but think we'll see Henry at right back with Barton and Niko or Doughty in the middle.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:06 - Feb 19 with 3935 viewspaulparker

Well done Harry you useless Gimp , what a great squad you amassed
no adequate full back cover, a 6 million pound midfielder with knees as good as douglas bader , no striker cover for Austin, and selling a young midfielder (mutch) without a replacement
triffic

no way would I play Henry or SWP at RB , I would have to go with yun or the lad Furlong

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 3927 viewsJamie

Traore at a guess.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:09 - Feb 19 with 3926 viewsMarc

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:06 - Feb 19 by paulparker

Well done Harry you useless Gimp , what a great squad you amassed
no adequate full back cover, a 6 million pound midfielder with knees as good as douglas bader , no striker cover for Austin, and selling a young midfielder (mutch) without a replacement
triffic

no way would I play Henry or SWP at RB , I would have to go with yun or the lad Furlong

"No way would I play Henry at RB"

Why exactly? he has more experience of playing that position than Furlong and a left footed Yun. Or did you mean from a POV of losing his bite in midfield?
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:11 - Feb 19 with 3909 viewsDiscodroids

love to see barton and beau brummel in midfield .

.if that dosent forge an uncanny charles xavier like telepathic understanding akin stan and gerry in their pomp, then i'll pay for harriets road tax on her hot pink transit.

what a load of old shit adso of melt left us.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:15 - Feb 19 with 3899 viewsHunterhoop

After reading and considering the above....

F*ck it. Let's play Darnell Furlong and keep Karl "The Maestro" Henry in the middle where he's been bossing it. Let's not weaken two areas trying to solve one gap.

It's only 11 blokes against 11 blokes. Furlong is a RB, is a tall chap, he'll be so excited and give absolutely everything he has. And his dad is Paul Furlong so if he's gained any of the Furlong grit, strength and professionalism in the genes, he'll do himself justice.

Just play the lad and be done with it.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:15 - Feb 19 with 3899 viewsTacticalR

We need the Right-back sort.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024