Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all you JB haters 18:08 - Feb 21 with 15574 viewsQPR1882

Joey Barton on twitter:
"Young kid making his debut has made a good tackle. Couple of Hull players trying to get him sent off. My job as captain is to protect him.
I've tried to prevent Hull's players influencing referee as u can see by me pushing Bruce away.
My actions towards Huddlestone were certainly not malicious, it was a stupid reaction to being barged but I can appreciate it wasn't right.
I'm gutted I got sent off. I've let my teammates down today and being someone who puts the team above everything else I'm gutted about that.
I've apologised to the lads and would like to apologise to all QPR fans who travelled today."

For all you JB haters on 12:01 - Feb 23 with 3265 viewswombat

For all you JB haters on 11:02 - Feb 23 by SpiritofGregory

The Hull players are just focused on winning the game, they will do what it takes to win the game.
They walked away with 3 points.

cant beat a good barton love in to spice this board up can you

Poll: which is your favouite foot

For all you JB haters on 12:30 - Feb 23 with 3228 viewsCiderwithRsie

For all you JB haters on 11:02 - Feb 23 by SpiritofGregory

The Hull players are just focused on winning the game, they will do what it takes to win the game.
They walked away with 3 points.

If you mean Barton should have stayed focussed and kept his head, you're of course dead right

But I don't care how many games it wins you, I don't want to see QPR players behaving like Hull did, and while I'm at it I don't like divers, I don't like dirty b*stards who try to injure other players, I don't like players surrounding the referee to intimidate him, I don't want us to sign a convicted criminal just because he's cheap and I don't like managers who play stupid games to get an unfair advantage from the ref.

This is football. It's a game for Christ's sake, it's not the defence of Britain in 1940. There are limits to what I want to see QPR players do to win and if that means we lose sometimes so be it, if I'd do anything it takes to watch a winning team I'd be a Chelsea fan.
For all you JB haters on 13:03 - Feb 23 with 3180 viewspomanjou

Nice one Cider.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

For all you JB haters on 20:04 - Feb 23 with 3081 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Meh, I'm sure we'll manage lose the next three matches without his help.

With or without him we seem to have same acumen and desire for The Great Escape as a Stockholm kidnapee!

That bit at the end was filmed in Leicester. Probably.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 20:07]
For all you JB haters on 22:12 - Feb 23 with 3023 viewsRecoilboss

We have a new pearl of wisdom from the knacker-hammerer tonight:

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable (sic), but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”

In fact, 'doing nothing' will be Barton’s precise contribution to our battle against the drop until March 21.
For all you JB haters on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 2932 viewscaliforniahoop

For all you JB haters on 22:12 - Feb 23 by Recoilboss

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable (sic), but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”

In fact, 'doing nothing' will be Barton’s precise contribution to our battle against the drop until March 21.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2966391/After-Joey-Barton-touc

Looooool
For all you JB haters on 08:35 - Feb 24 with 2925 viewsRecoilboss

For all you JB haters on 08:21 - Feb 24 by californiahoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2966391/After-Joey-Barton-touc

Looooool

The Mail just went up one notch in my estimation. Nutjobs don’t just talk bollox but fully embrace their potential.
For all you JB haters on 09:16 - Feb 24 with 2910 viewsQPunkR

For all you JB haters on 08:35 - Feb 24 by Recoilboss

The Mail just went up one notch in my estimation. Nutjobs don’t just talk bollox but fully embrace their potential.

They embrace one anothers' bollix?!
I too thought it was weird that the Hammer said that's the kind of thing they get up to in training all the time. Explains why our team often don't seem to have a plan, if all the time is just spent tickling each others' winkies

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

For all you JB haters on 13:23 - Feb 24 with 2851 viewsSpiritofGregory

For all you JB haters on 12:30 - Feb 23 by CiderwithRsie

If you mean Barton should have stayed focussed and kept his head, you're of course dead right

But I don't care how many games it wins you, I don't want to see QPR players behaving like Hull did, and while I'm at it I don't like divers, I don't like dirty b*stards who try to injure other players, I don't like players surrounding the referee to intimidate him, I don't want us to sign a convicted criminal just because he's cheap and I don't like managers who play stupid games to get an unfair advantage from the ref.

This is football. It's a game for Christ's sake, it's not the defence of Britain in 1940. There are limits to what I want to see QPR players do to win and if that means we lose sometimes so be it, if I'd do anything it takes to watch a winning team I'd be a Chelsea fan.

Come on Cider you know very well that if our players had done the same our fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid, we would have been happy to walk away with 3 points.

When Marcus Bean handled the ball over the line against Gillingham, our fans revelled in the way we stole the points. We didn't slag Marcus off.

On Saturday our players didn't even put their arms up for a penalty when a Hull player handled the ball in the penalty area. QPR is fighting for survival and it's future, the players should do all they can to get points. I don't think people understand the true ramifications relegation will bring.
For all you JB haters on 13:37 - Feb 24 with 2838 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

For all you JB haters on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 2740 viewscaliforniahoop

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/26/lp-why-qpr-would-be-better-off-without
For all you JB haters on 20:56 - Feb 26 with 2725 viewsjohncharles

For all you JB haters on 22:12 - Feb 23 by Recoilboss

The Tigers of Wrath are Wiser than the Horses of Instruction.
as we say in W10
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 21:00]

Strong and stable my arse.

For all you JB haters on 23:30 - Feb 26 with 2645 viewsCiderwithRsie

For all you JB haters on 13:23 - Feb 24 by SpiritofGregory

Come on Cider you know very well that if our players had done the same our fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid, we would have been happy to walk away with 3 points.

When Marcus Bean handled the ball over the line against Gillingham, our fans revelled in the way we stole the points. We didn't slag Marcus off.

On Saturday our players didn't even put their arms up for a penalty when a Hull player handled the ball in the penalty area. QPR is fighting for survival and it's future, the players should do all they can to get points. I don't think people understand the true ramifications relegation will bring.

Sorry SoG, only just seen your response.

I don't expect any fans to slag off their team for using gamesmanship - you may note that I objected to the behaviour of Hull's players and not the response of their fans. Once you've invested the emotion in supporting a team, you can't easily walk away from a match thinking "I wish we hadn't got the three points."

But
1. The players aren't fans, they are professionals. I understand why, e.g. they leave a club they love if their career so dictates. By same token, they should maintain professional standards and the examples I cite breach these standards IMO

2. Specifically, I don't regard gamesmanship (I'm trying not to say "cheating") as being something that a good professional does to win a game - I think the opposite, if it's a true profession you have standards of behaviour including respect for your fellow professionals on the other team. Fans are in a slightly different position, by definition we are partisan.

3. It's one thing to say that we would have been happy to walk away with the points. As a fan you can't change what has happened on the pitch and it was the referee's job anyway. It is quite another to say you actively approve of doing anything it takes to win and another still to say that should be part of our planning. I thought your first post was, perhaps unintentionally, close to that position. On reading this one I'm not sure it's even unintentional.

I have been close to disliking the QPR team (not the club, because that is mainly us) since Warnock was sacked. There is more than one way in which QPR's future is at stake and more than one way I could lose the club I love.
For all you JB haters on 08:11 - Feb 27 with 2609 viewsGetMeRangers

For all you JB haters on 23:30 - Feb 26 by CiderwithRsie

Sorry SoG, only just seen your response.

I don't expect any fans to slag off their team for using gamesmanship - you may note that I objected to the behaviour of Hull's players and not the response of their fans. Once you've invested the emotion in supporting a team, you can't easily walk away from a match thinking "I wish we hadn't got the three points."

But
1. The players aren't fans, they are professionals. I understand why, e.g. they leave a club they love if their career so dictates. By same token, they should maintain professional standards and the examples I cite breach these standards IMO

2. Specifically, I don't regard gamesmanship (I'm trying not to say "cheating") as being something that a good professional does to win a game - I think the opposite, if it's a true profession you have standards of behaviour including respect for your fellow professionals on the other team. Fans are in a slightly different position, by definition we are partisan.

3. It's one thing to say that we would have been happy to walk away with the points. As a fan you can't change what has happened on the pitch and it was the referee's job anyway. It is quite another to say you actively approve of doing anything it takes to win and another still to say that should be part of our planning. I thought your first post was, perhaps unintentionally, close to that position. On reading this one I'm not sure it's even unintentional.

I have been close to disliking the QPR team (not the club, because that is mainly us) since Warnock was sacked. There is more than one way in which QPR's future is at stake and more than one way I could lose the club I love.

Well said
For all you JB haters on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 2566 viewsQPunkR

For all you JB haters on 20:33 - Feb 26 by californiahoop

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/26/lp-why-qpr-would-be-better-off-without

And why is it that around 80% of us can see this and successive managers can't??

QPR - "shit but local"

For all you JB haters on 11:41 - Feb 27 with 2539 viewssimmo

For all you JB haters on 10:05 - Feb 27 by QPunkR

And why is it that around 80% of us can see this and successive managers can't??

To be fair we disproved a lot of the stats in that article as bollocks. Point still stands though, we don't need him and most of us don;t want him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

For all you JB haters on 11:52 - Feb 27 with 2526 viewsRecoilboss

http://www.thefootballramble.com/latest/entry/the-unbearable-triteness-of-being-
For all you JB haters on 12:14 - Feb 27 with 2508 viewsLoft1979

For all you JB haters on 12:30 - Feb 23 by CiderwithRsie

......i dont like referees who are intimidated by certain managers
.....-i dont like that the FA does not stick by its own rules
.....i dont like that one player gets 3 game suspensions and others two
.....i dont like that certain referees play to the home team
For all you JB haters on 23:44 - Feb 27 with 2450 viewshoopstilidie

For all you JB haters on 09:33 - Feb 23 by QPR1882

Why is haters only used by 11 year olds ?

Is there some law that I am unaware of that states certain words in the English dictionary can not be used when you reach your teens ?

If so I would welcome a list of any other words I am unable to use so I do not make such a silly mistake in future.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

For all you JB haters on 03:55 - Feb 28 with 2432 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 23:44 - Feb 27 by hoopstilidie

And you question my Maturity

For all you JB haters on 13:28 - Feb 28 with 2388 viewsPommyhoop

I defended JB for the Bradley Johnson red. That was a f'cking joke and I could not believe that fans turned on him .We were cheated then pure and simple. For the Citeh match Teves did a number on him and he reacted then it snowballed into madness.
This one tho was so f'cking stupid. You can see the Hull players winking at each other and then high fiving each other when JB flicks at his nuts.
Stupid stupid prick..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

For all you JB haters on 15:35 - Feb 28 with 2360 viewsisawqpratwcity

For all you JB haters on 13:28 - Feb 28 by Pommyhoop

I defended JB for the Bradley Johnson red. That was a f'cking joke and I could not believe that fans turned on him .We were cheated then pure and simple. For the Citeh match Teves did a number on him and he reacted then it snowballed into madness.
This one tho was so f'cking stupid. You can see the Hull players winking at each other and then high fiving each other when JB flicks at his nuts.
Stupid stupid prick..

He can't control his temper.

That's it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024