Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all you JB haters 18:08 - Feb 21 with 15583 viewsQPR1882

Joey Barton on twitter:
"Young kid making his debut has made a good tackle. Couple of Hull players trying to get him sent off. My job as captain is to protect him.
I've tried to prevent Hull's players influencing referee as u can see by me pushing Bruce away.
My actions towards Huddlestone were certainly not malicious, it was a stupid reaction to being barged but I can appreciate it wasn't right.
I'm gutted I got sent off. I've let my teammates down today and being someone who puts the team above everything else I'm gutted about that.
I've apologised to the lads and would like to apologise to all QPR fans who travelled today."

For all you JB haters on 21:23 - Feb 21 with 1506 viewsDejR_vu

For all you JB haters on 21:14 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

we all know that he's got a reputation, presumably he knows he's got a reputation , so why give the referee an excuse?

Are you saying Refs are acting outside the law of the game ? All 22 players on the pitch today should have have been given the same chance from minute 1 to minute 90 within the laws of the game. We know that does not happen refs are as bent as a 9 bob note. If any player in the top 4 teams of the premier did what JB did today it would not even merited a yellow , is that within the rules of the game ? Slag JB off all you want the ref was so one sided today it was untrue , i have shown that in fouls to cards ratio.JB as club captain had every right to talk to the ref protecting a young player, Hull players ,including that cnt huddlestone did not have the same rights.

i'm guessing if Charlie had been sent off today for doing the same reactions would not be the same.

I'm not saying refs are acting outside the laws of the game (you are), I'm saying the rules are clear; he's hit him, it's a sending off whether it's JB or anyone else.

I agree, as captain, he has the right to speak to the ref, in fact he should be speaking to him. But he doesn't have the right to hit anyone. If he had just spoken to the referee and left it at that he wouldn't have been sent off.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 21:25]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

For all you JB haters on 21:24 - Feb 21 with 1505 viewsRs_Holy

For all you JB haters on 21:19 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

Looked at Premier rules and it does not say anywhere you cant be 23 and cost your team a goal that goes a long way to your team getting....ZERO POINTS

SO what was your point about a 32 year old getting sent off again ?

Fair play mate, I kind of admire your stubbornness.
For all you JB haters on 21:25 - Feb 21 with 1504 viewsMatch82

we all know that he's got a reputation, presumably he knows he's got a reputation , so why give the referee an excuse?

Are you saying Refs are acting outside the law of the game ? All 22 players on the pitch today should have have been given the same chance from minute 1 to minute 90 within the laws of the game. We know that does not happen refs are as bent as a 9 bob note. If any player in the top 4 teams of the premier did what JB did today it would not even merited a yellow , is that within the rules of the game ? Slag JB off all you want the ref was so one sided today it was untrue , i have shown that in fouls to cards ratio.JB as club captain had every right to talk to the ref protecting a young player, Hull players ,including that cnt huddlestone did not have the same rights.

i'm guessing if Charlie had been sent off today for doing the same reactions would not be the same.

If Charlie had five that we would have said "that was a stupid thing to do, that's a little out of character so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt as a one off"
Barton did it so we thought "that was a stupid thing to do, he keeps doing this, can we trust him?"

Both times we would realize that it hurt our chances. But Barton has done this too often for us to believe it's not going to happen again
For all you JB haters on 21:29 - Feb 21 with 1481 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 21:20 - Feb 21 by kensalriser

Of course he had the right to talk to the ref. He didn't have the right to shove someone in the knackers. Why can't you understand that? Are you on the sauce?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 21:28]

Guess the same reason you can't understand huddlestone had no reason to be there in the 1st place talking to the ref and saying something in JB's ear ( something we will never know ). No i am not on ' le sauce ' i am just looking at a situation and being honest.

ps

if huddlestone has his knackers half way up his stomach mrs huddlestone is a lucky woman ( watch the vid )
For all you JB haters on 21:32 - Feb 21 with 1467 viewskensalriser

I get it now. Two wrongs make a right and black is white.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

For all you JB haters on 21:35 - Feb 21 with 1456 viewspaulparker

if Austin been sent off for that we would be giving him stick but Austin isn't as thick as Barton ,
Barton never learns he has previous , the bloke could of cost us against City a few seasons back , the only good thing Hughes ever did at Rangers was trying to bomb this pr1ck out of the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

For all you JB haters on 21:36 - Feb 21 with 1454 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 21:23 - Feb 21 by DejR_vu

I'm not saying refs are acting outside the laws of the game (you are), I'm saying the rules are clear; he's hit him, it's a sending off whether it's JB or anyone else.

I agree, as captain, he has the right to speak to the ref, in fact he should be speaking to him. But he doesn't have the right to hit anyone. If he had just spoken to the referee and left it at that he wouldn't have been sent off.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 21:25]

The laws say ONLY THE CAPTAIN is allowed to speak to the ref so please,please tell me how i am saying what happened was not outside the rules of the game.

After the Furlong foul which Hull players tried to get him sent off Barton as team captain was ALLOWED to talk to the ref ( thems the rules ) the Hull players were not, apart from the team captain ( thems the rules)
For all you JB haters on 21:40 - Feb 21 with 1434 viewsDejR_vu

For all you JB haters on 21:36 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

The laws say ONLY THE CAPTAIN is allowed to speak to the ref so please,please tell me how i am saying what happened was not outside the rules of the game.

After the Furlong foul which Hull players tried to get him sent off Barton as team captain was ALLOWED to talk to the ref ( thems the rules ) the Hull players were not, apart from the team captain ( thems the rules)

So what are you suggesting, that the Hull players are all sent off for crowding the referee? The only sanction that I'm aware of for that offence is a charge against the club for failing to control their players. But that's a smokescreen. The fact is, JB hit an opponent, it's a clear Red.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 21:43]

Login to get fewer ads

For all you JB haters on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 1421 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 21:35 - Feb 21 by paulparker

if Austin been sent off for that we would be giving him stick but Austin isn't as thick as Barton ,
Barton never learns he has previous , the bloke could of cost us against City a few seasons back , the only good thing Hughes ever did at Rangers was trying to bomb this pr1ck out of the club

Did you see todays game ? i did. oh Bobby should have been booked a few times before he was, in fact was a very strong chance if oh Bobby had been JB today he would have got a red today before he got his yellow. ( this is my opinion and the opinion of the commentators on the stream i watched ).

Guess it is not down to how thick a player you are, but your reputation.
For all you JB haters on 21:52 - Feb 21 with 1386 viewsYorkRanger

For all you JB haters on 21:36 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

Where does it say the captain can strike a player on the opposing side?
For all you JB haters on 21:52 - Feb 21 with 1384 viewsderbyhoop

Whatever the provocation, however biased the ref appears to have been, there is zero excuse for hitting another player. The fact that Barton has got previous, lots of it, means that he probably doesn't get the allowances that other players might get. And we've heard excuses after the event before (Man City, anyone?).

Barton's trouble is that he operates on a very short fuse and, consequently, is always likely to cost his team.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

For all you JB haters on 21:54 - Feb 21 with 1378 viewspaulparker

For all you JB haters on 21:44 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

Did you see todays game ? i did. oh Bobby should have been booked a few times before he was, in fact was a very strong chance if oh Bobby had been JB today he would have got a red today before he got his yellow. ( this is my opinion and the opinion of the commentators on the stream i watched ).

Guess it is not down to how thick a player you are, but your reputation.

Yeah I saw it, and Zamora acted a prat as well
difference is Barton was right in front of the ref when he got involved
as I said earlier Barton should have thrown himself to the floor after Bruce had barged him, we will never know if we would have got a point today or maybe won ,
but yet again in a big game Barton lets us down
this fcuker is on 80k a week, keep repeating that 80k a week for an average championship player ,
stroll on the summer when we can let him go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

For all you JB haters on 21:56 - Feb 21 with 1370 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 21:32 - Feb 21 by kensalriser

I get it now. Two wrongs make a right and black is white.

2 wrongs make a right, black is white....grow up

Over 90 + minutes of football fans/refs/players/managers/coaches etc make mistakes. what we all hope is the refs make less mistakes then anyone else. Today he never, infact he made loads.His 1st mistake and probably his biggest one was to have one rule for JB and another for the other 21 on the pitch.
For all you JB haters on 22:02 - Feb 21 with 1353 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 21:52 - Feb 21 by YorkRanger

Where does it say the captain can strike a player on the opposing side?

It does not, agreed.

do you know what huddlestone said to Jb when the cnt said something to him from behind ? i don't.

As Zidane proved in a world cup final sometimes the game is not as important, until we know what he said we will never know if it is.
For all you JB haters on 22:03 - Feb 21 with 1353 viewsDejR_vu

For all you JB haters on 21:56 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

2 wrongs make a right, black is white....grow up

Over 90 + minutes of football fans/refs/players/managers/coaches etc make mistakes. what we all hope is the refs make less mistakes then anyone else. Today he never, infact he made loads.His 1st mistake and probably his biggest one was to have one rule for JB and another for the other 21 on the pitch.

But JB's sending off wasn't a mistake.

1882, we're in a real scrap. JB has been playing football long enough to know the rules, he's been playing long enough to know that opposition players will target him to get a reaction, and he's been playing long enough to know that his reputation precedes him in the eyes of some referees. And yet, we've gone to one of our direct rivals and he's got himself sent off, through his own petulance and stupidity, after half an hour.

I admire your tenacity (you'd make a great defence barrister!) but facts are facts; he's hit him, the red card was the correct decision.

For all you JB haters on 22:06 - Feb 21 with 1347 viewsYorkRanger

For all you JB haters on 22:02 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

It does not, agreed.

do you know what huddlestone said to Jb when the cnt said something to him from behind ? i don't.

As Zidane proved in a world cup final sometimes the game is not as important, until we know what he said we will never know if it is.

No point extending the debate, we can agree to disagree.

However the facts are that Barton struck an opponent and that constitutes (correctly) a straight red.

The whys and wherefores can be debated. The facts are indisputable.
For all you JB haters on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 1339 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For all you JB haters on 22:02 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

It does not, agreed.

Even if he said he was going to shag his missus on a dirty wheelbarrow then piss on his kid's birthday presents he should still not have touched him.
For all you JB haters (n/t) on 22:17 - Feb 21 with 1320 viewsgigiisourgod

For all you JB haters on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 1319 viewsgigiisourgod

Pathetic post.
For all you JB haters (n/t) on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 1319 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 22:08 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Even if he said he was going to shag his missus on a dirty wheelbarrow then piss on his kid's birthday presents he should still not have touched him.

and you would be the same if someone said the same to you /
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 22:25]
For all you JB haters on 22:21 - Feb 21 with 1314 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 22:18 - Feb 21 by gigiisourgod

Pathetic post.

reasons ?
For all you JB haters on 22:22 - Feb 21 with 1307 viewsTheBlob

For all you JB haters on 22:08 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Poll: So how was the season for you?

For all you JB haters on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 1292 viewsSpiritofGregory

For all you JB haters on 21:19 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

Looked at Premier rules and it does not say anywhere you cant be 23 and cost your team a goal that goes a long way to your team getting....ZERO POINTS

SO what was your point about a 32 year old getting sent off again ?

Not defending Barton can't wait for the day when he leaves our club but didn't Caulker also screw up for the second. Caulker does not seem to be alert enough.
For all you JB haters on 22:31 - Feb 21 with 1281 viewsQPR1882

For all you JB haters on 22:22 - Feb 21 by TheBlob

Guess some people say they are going to do things for a lot less then JB did today.

do as i say not as i do
For all you JB haters on 22:34 - Feb 21 with 1273 viewsgigiisourgod

For all you JB haters on 22:21 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

reasons ?

You're sticking up for someone who doesn't deserve it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024