Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done FIFA 10:37 - Feb 24 with 5739 viewshopphoops

This news on the World Cup to be moved to November, and what reaction or discussion from us fans? None, we've given up.

Well done for reducing the world's greatest tournament to an irrelevance.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Well done FIFA on 14:12 - Feb 24 with 1978 viewsrunningman75

I think Russia will be a stronger team especially if they are back to the USSR by then.
Well done FIFA on 14:25 - Feb 24 with 1958 viewsTheBlob

Well done FIFA on 14:12 - Feb 24 by runningman75

I think Russia will be a stronger team especially if they are back to the USSR by then.

If that happens I can't see many games being completed owing to the 24,110 year Plutonium PU239 warhead half life.Although by that time Sandro's knee problems may have cleared up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Well done FIFA on 14:27 - Feb 24 with 1955 viewsCamberleyR

Well done FIFA on 14:12 - Feb 24 by runningman75

They weren't that strong (or as strong as they should have been) when they competed as the Soviet Union for 60 odd years. In fact they equalled England's achievement of not qualifying for the 1974 and 1978 WC finals. They also failed to reach the final stages of the Euros in '76, '80 and '84.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Well done FIFA on 14:32 - Feb 24 with 1950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Countries won't leave FIFA because the FAs' International income is tied to FIFA's through structured TV deals.

Neither will the big leagues carry on if the WC is played in Nov or Dec, as that will hurt WC TV figures, and the blazers at the various FA's will have already bowed to FIFA on this.

They're all on the same gravy train.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done FIFA on 14:38 - Feb 24 with 1939 viewspaulparker

if England did qualify it would give us a better chance of winning it in November
most of our players are fcuked or injured by the summer
I do find it quite laughable that the Immoral PL is getting upset with Immoral Fifa , they are only p1ssed off because of the TV Schedule nothing to do with Fans or Players
what's more of a scandal is the fact in 3 years it will be held in Russia , especially with what they have been up to lately and the on going war with Ukraine ,
the top countries should break away like the PDC did in darts and have their own tournaments, give it to the Yanks to host 1st , get them on board , they will also have the main sponsors behind them as well (Budweiser, Coca Cola ,Mcdonalds )
that will kill FIFA not having them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well done FIFA on 15:00 - Feb 24 with 1924 viewsDorse

Well done FIFA on 14:38 - Feb 24 by paulparker

if England did qualify it would give us a better chance of winning it in November
most of our players are fcuked or injured by the summer
I do find it quite laughable that the Immoral PL is getting upset with Immoral Fifa , they are only p1ssed off because of the TV Schedule nothing to do with Fans or Players
what's more of a scandal is the fact in 3 years it will be held in Russia , especially with what they have been up to lately and the on going war with Ukraine ,
the top countries should break away like the PDC did in darts and have their own tournaments, give it to the Yanks to host 1st , get them on board , they will also have the main sponsors behind them as well (Budweiser, Coca Cola ,Mcdonalds )
that will kill FIFA not having them

Absolutely. Let's see FIFA make a go of things sponsored by Greggs, Irn Bru and Dr Phineas O'Grady's Medicated Jock Strap Liners.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Well done FIFA on 15:05 - Feb 24 with 1917 viewsKerryE

Just gonna play devils advocate here (accepting of course that the winning bids were corrupt and so is FIFA etc)...but here are my points

Our (European) reaction to this is exactly why Blatter gets in every time. All he has to say to his African/Asian supporters is 'look at the Premier League dictating to you, they have all the money and your players but don't want to share the World Cup around'. Its also why the rest of the world hate us and we're never get the world cup again.

If the world cup is going to be shared around how is a very hot country ever going to stage it if they do not move the dates? So since FIFA has decided (not Qatar if true), don't we need to accept it and move on.

Surely this situation should be viewed as an opportunity? And if Sky and McDonalds do not want be involved well that's ok. Why are we worried if big sponsors kick up a fuss about the world cup.
Well done FIFA on 15:17 - Feb 24 with 1899 viewsJuzzie

Sorry, can't agree to anything that is just "don't we need to accept it and move on."

It's wrong and needs to be fought against.

I'm already hearing people saying about diving "we should just accept it's now part of the game". Why? I don't.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done FIFA on 15:20 - Feb 24 with 1894 viewsTheBlob

I think it's high time those compromising photos of Bladder and Sue Perkins were finally published.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Well done FIFA on 15:30 - Feb 24 with 1886 viewsKonk

Well done FIFA on 15:05 - Feb 24 by KerryE

Just gonna play devils advocate here (accepting of course that the winning bids were corrupt and so is FIFA etc)...but here are my points

Our (European) reaction to this is exactly why Blatter gets in every time. All he has to say to his African/Asian supporters is 'look at the Premier League dictating to you, they have all the money and your players but don't want to share the World Cup around'. Its also why the rest of the world hate us and we're never get the world cup again.

If the world cup is going to be shared around how is a very hot country ever going to stage it if they do not move the dates? So since FIFA has decided (not Qatar if true), don't we need to accept it and move on.

Surely this situation should be viewed as an opportunity? And if Sky and McDonalds do not want be involved well that's ok. Why are we worried if big sponsors kick up a fuss about the world cup.

I take your point about the climate and agree that everything shouldn't automatically be tailored to benefit the Northern Hemisphere (well, Europe) - in which case openly state that at the time of the bidding. As it is, everything's going all over the shop to humour a tin pot country of about 36 people and no football culture.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well done FIFA on 16:21 - Feb 24 with 1839 viewsdaveB

Well done FIFA on 13:24 - Feb 24 by simmo

Except the fans who will have to travel all over the place during a festive period that culminates in a final 2 days before Christmas day.

Apart from that relatively small point It's mental and scandalous and absolute bullshit. It's only being held there cos FIFA are crooked theiving cnts and pay absolutely no attention to the fact it's a terrible venue currently employing the use of slave labour to establish the infrastructure. They are too busy counting their money knowing that no governing body has power over them. I am amazed Redknapp isn't lobbying for a position there.

FA should grow a pair and tell them to do one. Say we won't participate and run our schedule as normal. Fck them.

I agree it is beyond madness for FIFA to agree to this and any fan wanting to go to this will have a nightmare no matter what time of year it is played but if they are going to go through with it then I just think we should carry on rather than completely restructure the football calender
Well done FIFA on 16:31 - Feb 24 with 1829 viewshopphoops

Well done FIFA on 15:30 - Feb 24 by Konk

I take your point about the climate and agree that everything shouldn't automatically be tailored to benefit the Northern Hemisphere (well, Europe) - in which case openly state that at the time of the bidding. As it is, everything's going all over the shop to humour a tin pot country of about 36 people and no football culture.

If it was Russia and then say Indonesia everyone would be fine. Awarding it to Russia and Qatar on the same day was just Blatter giving it the

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Well done FIFA on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 1732 viewsCiderwithRsie

We all know that the Qatar award was corrupt and pushed through by Blatter and his army of fingers-in-the-till merchants from Africa and Asia. Given what our FA is like, God knows who gets to be in charge of, say, the Malaysian FA.

But we also all know that the Premier League and the Champions League are where the big money is, and it tends to talk. I do wonder whether this is a step too far from FIFA.

In England the clubs have started to call the tune regarding the national team and I wonder if the UEFA member clubs might just pull the plug on this. If they seceded from FIFA, with or without the support of their own FAs, they could run a perfectly profitable and effective form of football, under another name if need be, and I don't see that FIFA could stop them. All the top players in the world are employees of UEFA clubs and if those clubs literally refused to play ball the World Cup would become an irrelevance (and Blatter's mates would have to go back to taking kickbacks from their own dodgy governments). The clubs could even set up their own form of World Cup if they wanted, on a national or club basis, just as in boxing there are various world titles. They could also opt out of the ACoN, which they all clearly hate, at the same time. (Not saying I want it, just that it could be done if the clubs wanted to.)

All depends on whether the clubs can get their act together, and whether they think the free publicity of the World Cup is worth the cost to them of this nonsense. If I was CEO of Real Madrid or Man United, I'd at least be thinking over the options and considering a warning shot over FIFA's bows.
Well done FIFA on 22:52 - Feb 24 with 1720 viewsDorse

Well done FIFA on 22:26 - Feb 24 by CiderwithRsie

We all know that the Qatar award was corrupt and pushed through by Blatter and his army of fingers-in-the-till merchants from Africa and Asia. Given what our FA is like, God knows who gets to be in charge of, say, the Malaysian FA.

But we also all know that the Premier League and the Champions League are where the big money is, and it tends to talk. I do wonder whether this is a step too far from FIFA.

In England the clubs have started to call the tune regarding the national team and I wonder if the UEFA member clubs might just pull the plug on this. If they seceded from FIFA, with or without the support of their own FAs, they could run a perfectly profitable and effective form of football, under another name if need be, and I don't see that FIFA could stop them. All the top players in the world are employees of UEFA clubs and if those clubs literally refused to play ball the World Cup would become an irrelevance (and Blatter's mates would have to go back to taking kickbacks from their own dodgy governments). The clubs could even set up their own form of World Cup if they wanted, on a national or club basis, just as in boxing there are various world titles. They could also opt out of the ACoN, which they all clearly hate, at the same time. (Not saying I want it, just that it could be done if the clubs wanted to.)

All depends on whether the clubs can get their act together, and whether they think the free publicity of the World Cup is worth the cost to them of this nonsense. If I was CEO of Real Madrid or Man United, I'd at least be thinking over the options and considering a warning shot over FIFA's bows.

Wouldn't need to be a club issue. If just one or two major national FAs decided to push the issue and threaten to cecede from FIFA, standing on an 'integrity' (ahem) ticket, there would be enough support from others to influence real change. Imagine if Germany and Engerland threaten to leave. Or Brazil and Argentina. What sort of a World Cup product / brand would you have then?

We could create a new set of rules. Offside to be decided by vote. Bad passes to be punished with a 'purple card' which results in a humiliating wedgie delivered by the opposing captain in the centre circle. Centre circle to be replaced with the Triangle of Shame. Elaborate goal celebrations to be assessed and extra goals awarded for the most creative. Divers to be forced to crowd surf across the opposition fans before being allowed to continue. Half time WAG-fighting league. Penalty shoot outs to feature actual guns in a re-make of The Deer Hunter. Fans with the highest bald head to thick neck ratio to be treated to soothing music and shiatsu after every goal conceded.

That ought to do it.

Well done FIFA on 22:55 - Feb 24 with 1718 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well done FIFA on 22:52 - Feb 24 by Dorse

Wouldn't need to be a club issue. If just one or two major national FAs decided to push the issue and threaten to cecede from FIFA, standing on an 'integrity' (ahem) ticket, there would be enough support from others to influence real change. Imagine if Germany and Engerland threaten to leave. Or Brazil and Argentina. What sort of a World Cup product / brand would you have then?

We could create a new set of rules. Offside to be decided by vote. Bad passes to be punished with a 'purple card' which results in a humiliating wedgie delivered by the opposing captain in the centre circle. Centre circle to be replaced with the Triangle of Shame. Elaborate goal celebrations to be assessed and extra goals awarded for the most creative. Divers to be forced to crowd surf across the opposition fans before being allowed to continue. Half time WAG-fighting league. Penalty shoot outs to feature actual guns in a re-make of The Deer Hunter. Fans with the highest bald head to thick neck ratio to be treated to soothing music and shiatsu after every goal conceded.

That ought to do it.

No, it wouldn't need to be a club issue.

But Blatter has lived by filthy lucre and it just strikes me that he risks dying by it. Hes taking on a bunch of equally mercenary types, who probably have more cash to play with than he has
Well done FIFA on 22:55 - Feb 24 with 1657 viewsWrightUp5hit___

So SKY are going to be OK with this?

Maybe a good thing in that they may just stump up more for the Football League (and screw around their fixtures) and just possibly a little more will leak down to those poor bastards in Leagues One and Two.

Whinge all we like, Bladder has trousered the brown envelope and it's happening.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 23:00]
Well done FIFA on 23:12 - Feb 24 with 1636 viewsDorse

'Trousered the brown envelope'. Giggetty.

Well done FIFA on 07:52 - Feb 25 with 1590 viewsloftinoz

Well done FIFA on 10:44 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

R's will be out of all competitions way before then.

If it's in November we will still have as much chance as anyone in the FA Cup.
Well done FIFA on 08:39 - Feb 25 with 1567 viewsJamie

Well done FIFA on 16:21 - Feb 24 by daveB

I agree it is beyond madness for FIFA to agree to this and any fan wanting to go to this will have a nightmare no matter what time of year it is played but if they are going to go through with it then I just think we should carry on rather than completely restructure the football calender

Quite.

If the FA & PL are as horrified as they claim they are, keep the leagues running and schedule a few big games to clash with prime competition dates.

Would certainly affect FIFA if viewers worldwide had to choose between a WC 1/4 final or United v Liverpool.
Well done FIFA on 08:45 - Feb 25 with 1563 viewsKonk

Well done FIFA on 08:39 - Feb 25 by Jamie

Quite.

If the FA & PL are as horrified as they claim they are, keep the leagues running and schedule a few big games to clash with prime competition dates.

Would certainly affect FIFA if viewers worldwide had to choose between a WC 1/4 final or United v Liverpool.

But wouldn't most players from both sides be off at the WC? They can't refuse to play for their countries, can they? (genuine question - pretty sure they can't). And I'm sure 99% of footballers would choose country over club, even if they had a choice.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well done FIFA on 17:14 - Feb 25 with 1490 viewsVancouverHoop

Well done FIFA on 08:45 - Feb 25 by Konk

But wouldn't most players from both sides be off at the WC? They can't refuse to play for their countries, can they? (genuine question - pretty sure they can't). And I'm sure 99% of footballers would choose country over club, even if they had a choice.

Their clubs could either refuse to release them – they'd need the Prem and FA's backing, but the latter is just a rubber stamp these days. Or, more likely, there could be an outbreak of "minor injuries" that prevents key players from travelling.

I don't now how this will play out, – no one does – but it's definitely a watershed moment for international football. Ultimately Blatter and his bagmen aren't the people kicking balls on a pitch. Nor are they the people paying them. FIFA is a paper tiger, if enough people in the game say "no" it could vanish very quickly.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:15]
Well done FIFA on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 1391 viewsToast_R

Murky politics and corruption aside, I actually find it quite amusing that old Scudamore's got his knickers in a twist over this. Already demanding compensation from FIFA like the incredible £5.14bn he's just secured isn't enough to cover it.... Plus by 2022 there will no doubt be another incredible increase in Premier League TV rights and the happy bidders will be fully aware of the disruption due. The Premier League has 7 years to prepare for it which is ample time to get things in place.

He hasn't exactly done England's cause any favours has he over the years?
Now he's getting a taste of own money grabbing rattyness and he no like it.
Well done FIFA on 13:49 - Mar 2 with 1325 viewstoboboly

Well done FIFA on 12:20 - Feb 24 by daveB

The Premier League and other european leagues should just carry on during the World Cup, if big names go then they go just carry on without them for a month

Tell the players "you are contracted to us. If you go we fine you for every day you aren't with us".

Will work fine and destroy the World Cup. Sorted.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Well done FIFA on 14:19 - Mar 2 with 1308 viewskensalriser

Will be great fun if Islamic State have taken over Qatar by then.

Fans not converting to Islam will be required to pay a special tax on exit from the stadium. Sky will pay 2.5 billion euros for the TV rights to live beheadings for those unwilling or unable to pay.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well done FIFA on 15:09 - Mar 2 with 1278 viewsdaveB

Well done FIFA on 08:45 - Feb 25 by Konk

Thats why I'd play the league Cup in that month, you don't need the best players for it, you keep football going in this country and actually gives fringe and youth team players a chance to play. The midweek games where the cup is usually played you stick in the premier league and football league games so the season probably only has to start 2 weeks earlier than normal to still fit everything in

OK so we'd basically have a month off as QPR would lose to some lower league team in the first round but this seems much easier than changing the calender for 2 years just for a one month tournament
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024