Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland 13:11 - Feb 26 with 10438 viewskarl

Every football forum i've looked at, facebook and twitter arelaughing at Clive's Telegraph round up
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11354357/live-football-tv-this-week.ht
Friday February 27
Falkirk v Rangers (19.45), Scottish Championship, BT Sport 1 VM 547 / 549 HD, 19.30
Our weekly chance to check on what chaotic nonsense has befallen Rangers and what havoc Mike Ashley has managed to wreak north of the border in the last seven days carries us to a Friday night in Falkirk. Inevitably all the coverage, and most of the crowd, will be interested in the UK's most farcical club (settle down fans of Leeds and QPR, you've got nothing on these guys) but spare a thought for Falkirk who used to yo-yo up and down out of this league quite a bit before they suddenly found Hearts, Hibs and Billy Smart's Travelling Circus joining them at the second tier.
Currently fifth, Falkirk have a great chance to claim a famous win here given how abysmally Rangers are playing football, conducting their business, tending to their gardens and everything else besides.

Except these funnily enough....
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=280272
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:21 - Feb 26 with 5643 viewssimmo

They had the wives line taken out

You can understand why they're a bit touchy with media at the moment, especially with Collymores one man crusade against them (you could always try not singing non-football related hateful bollocks), but they obviously have a sense of humour deficiency. There's also chat about John Terry being a racist, etc - it's the same for every club and I think it was more meant in an empathy way rather than being sneery. We've had enough off field bollocks of our own to be sympathtic to Rangers situation

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:22 - Feb 26 with 5642 viewsBrightonhoop

Brilliant! That's properly stirred a hornets nest, truth hurts I guess.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:25 - Feb 26 with 5619 viewskarl

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:22 - Feb 26 by Brightonhoop

Brilliant! That's properly stirred a hornets nest, truth hurts I guess.

I think the first post on the Rangers Media site sums up their feelings toward Clive, no need to read the other 100+!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:35 - Feb 26 with 5576 viewsTheBlob

The new Greavsie.What would have made him even more unpopular would have been to say the English invented haggis and Rabbie Burns was a transvestite goat rapist.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Clive's popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:38 - Feb 26 with 5570 viewsHunterhoop

Clive has outdone himself here! Not sure he'll be very welcome in parts of Glasgow again.

Amazed the Telegraph published the "wives" bit! Hope Clive doesn't actually get in any trouble. It's bloody funny!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:45 - Feb 26 with 5525 viewsJAPRANGERS

Very funny piece appreciated all over the world except in scotland.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:47 - Feb 26 with 5519 viewskarl

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:35 - Feb 26 by TheBlob

The new Greavsie.What would have made him even more unpopular would have been to say the English invented haggis and Rabbie Burns was a transvestite goat rapist.

That would cause all kinds of confusion Blob, the Rangers hordes would love it (large numbers openly support England ahead of Scotland) while those teetering about Clives piece would indeed have their noses put out. He may have a follow up piece to enrage the whole population? This would have to include a faux Irishness to do the job properly though
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:48 - Feb 26 with 5510 viewsJuzzie

Football & religion..... dare to criticise them and they'll hunt you down.
Login to get fewer ads

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:51 - Feb 26 with 5491 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Love it. Anything that riles either of the Sectarian Sister clubs in Glashow is fine by me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:18 - Feb 26 with 5391 viewsTheBlob

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:47 - Feb 26 by karl

That would cause all kinds of confusion Blob, the Rangers hordes would love it (large numbers openly support England ahead of Scotland) while those teetering about Clives piece would indeed have their noses put out. He may have a follow up piece to enrage the whole population? This would have to include a faux Irishness to do the job properly though

Wow,he's going to have to go some to upset everyone then.
Is there no universal insult?eg. are all Scottish politicians named after fish?

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 5372 viewsRangersw12

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone previewing our game wrote a something like that about us
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:29 - Feb 26 with 5346 viewsTheBlob

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:24 - Feb 26 by Rangersw12

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone previewing our game wrote a something like that about us

Fukkem.

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:35 - Feb 26 with 5326 viewsJonDoeman

Righteous indignation probably! Good work Clive ;)
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 14:39]

It Is What It Is !!

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 5312 viewskarl

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:45 - Feb 26 by JAPRANGERS

Very funny piece appreciated all over the world except in scotland.

The majority of Scotland likes it too, one thing to have come out of Glasgow Rangers financial demise has been the slow isolation of their 17th century dwelling faction. The press are slowly starting to fear them less and criticise the sectarianism, long way to go and our authorities showed that by refusing to take action against two incidences of sectarian singing caught loud and clear on BBC and BT Sport within the last month, but there has been public condemnation written about in the press and there has been mention that if it happens on Friday night vs Falkirk then there could well be criminal consequences. Long overdue
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:39 - Feb 26 with 5304 viewsJonDoeman

Met this ginger lad on a train before the 2002 WC, he had a broad weegie accent & was wearing an England shirt with Scholes on the back. Confused me!

It Is What It Is !!

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:40 - Feb 26 with 5295 viewskingsburyR

I'd probably agree!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 5259 viewsW5R

Apologies, I cannot click the link due to a matter of principle.

utterly digusted if it turns out the franchisee of this web establishment is a tory.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 5259 viewskarl

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:39 - Feb 26 by JonDoeman

Met this ginger lad on a train before the 2002 WC, he had a broad weegie accent & was wearing an England shirt with Scholes on the back. Confused me!

At the Hampden leg of the playoff for Euro 2000 the biggest flag was an England St George surf flag with Glasgow Rangers on it, very peculiar!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:54 - Feb 26 with 5247 viewssimmo

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:51 - Feb 26 by W5R

Apologies, I cannot click the link due to a matter of principle.

utterly digusted if it turns out the franchisee of this web establishment is a tory.

Nah, UKIP I reckon.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:57 - Feb 26 with 5219 viewsW5R

Anyone taking money from the torygraph or mail need to have a good, long, hard, look in the mirror.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:58 - Feb 26 with 5212 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, it's baffling. Does anyone in Glasgow support Scotland?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:08 - Feb 26 with 5183 viewsJamie

I'm more shocked that Scott Jones claims principles tbh.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 5152 viewstribalr

'Please accept our apologies for the hyperbole used to describe Rangers fans and for upset or distress this may of caused you. We have removed the offending line from our online article and will be monitoring any further articles by the author.

Kind regards,

Christina Rigden

Telegraph Media Group'

Busted.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:16 - Feb 26 with 5148 viewsdanehoop

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:08 - Feb 26 by Jamie

I'm more shocked that Scott Jones claims principles tbh.

Initially I thought that was tounge in cheek, but then remembered it was the pencil necked one as well.

Never knowingly understood

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:32 - Feb 26 with 5087 viewsNorthernr

Jesus, only just realised this is all going on.

So that's the not 606 board and the half of Glasgow I need to avoid now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024