Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland 13:11 - Feb 26 with 10450 viewskarl

Every football forum i've looked at, facebook and twitter arelaughing at Clive's Telegraph round up
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11354357/live-football-tv-this-week.ht
Friday February 27
Falkirk v Rangers (19.45), Scottish Championship, BT Sport 1 VM 547 / 549 HD, 19.30
Our weekly chance to check on what chaotic nonsense has befallen Rangers and what havoc Mike Ashley has managed to wreak north of the border in the last seven days carries us to a Friday night in Falkirk. Inevitably all the coverage, and most of the crowd, will be interested in the UK's most farcical club (settle down fans of Leeds and QPR, you've got nothing on these guys) but spare a thought for Falkirk who used to yo-yo up and down out of this league quite a bit before they suddenly found Hearts, Hibs and Billy Smart's Travelling Circus joining them at the second tier.
Currently fifth, Falkirk have a great chance to claim a famous win here given how abysmally Rangers are playing football, conducting their business, tending to their gardens and everything else besides.

Except these funnily enough....
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=280272
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:41 - Feb 26 with 2912 viewsJamie

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:32 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Jesus, only just realised this is all going on.

So that's the not 606 board and the half of Glasgow I need to avoid now.

And from the response above, presumably Telegraph offices too!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:56 - Feb 26 with 2876 viewsJuzzie

"Are you Justine, are you Justine, are you Justine Sacco in disguise!"
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 2857 viewsscot1963

if that apology is from The Telegraph then standards are slipping - 'may of' indeed
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 2854 viewsNorthernr

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:41 - Feb 26 by Jamie

And from the response above, presumably Telegraph offices too!

Working there Saturday. Think I owe their social media editor a pint though!

To be fair it was actually meant to be in support of the fans who have to put up with their club being run so dreadfully, while the team on the pitch does absolutely everything wrong.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:03 - Feb 26 with 2849 viewstoemasher

JE SUIS CLIVE
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:03 - Feb 26 with 2845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:03 - Feb 26 by toemasher

JE SUIS CLIVE

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:08 - Feb 26 with 2818 viewsHantsR

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 13:21 - Feb 26 by simmo

They had the wives line taken out

You can understand why they're a bit touchy with media at the moment, especially with Collymores one man crusade against them (you could always try not singing non-football related hateful bollocks), but they obviously have a sense of humour deficiency. There's also chat about John Terry being a racist, etc - it's the same for every club and I think it was more meant in an empathy way rather than being sneery. We've had enough off field bollocks of our own to be sympathtic to Rangers situation

Nothing but a load of wife-treaters!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 2793 viewshopphoops

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:01 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Working there Saturday. Think I owe their social media editor a pint though!

To be fair it was actually meant to be in support of the fans who have to put up with their club being run so dreadfully, while the team on the pitch does absolutely everything wrong.

Never overestimate your audience! Have a word with young Miss Ridgen about the difference between hyperbole and satire though, her grasp of English may be frail but i bet she's a sort.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:45 - Feb 26 with 2752 viewsAunt_Nelly

This is fckn priceless.
-------------------------------------------------
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=280272&page=4

THE_Ibrox_Preacher

I have no wish to be offended but we're the target, it's not across the board, it's personal, it's damaging to our club's business and reputation, it's damaging to our influence within society, it feeds an inaccurate perception of our club provided by the propaganda of those that hate us.

I'm not asking for laws to be changed here, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm asking why unfounded defamatory comments are being made against my clubs support to the Telegraph and the Press Complaints.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:58 - Feb 26 with 2726 viewssimmo

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 16:03 - Feb 26 by toemasher

JE SUIS CLIVE

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 18:02 - Feb 26 with 2642 viewsterryb

Clive has joined Rodney in being famous R's who have upset that horrible club!

Come on Falkirk & Queen of the South. Keep them out of the play offs!
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 18:47 - Feb 26 with 2588 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile, Celtic are down to ten men in the San Siro.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 19:19 - Feb 26 with 2546 viewsAunt_Nelly

Result.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 19:42 - Feb 26 with 2513 viewsloftboy

They seem to think you're destined to work on Scottish Radio.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 20:05 - Feb 26 with 2478 viewsMatch82

What's being missed here, and indeed appears to have gone over the head of the editors, is the last sentence in the Chelsea preview:

"Best behaviour on the tube to the ground lads eh? Much more like that and they'll have to make you the captain."

Excellent.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 2332 viewsToast_R

Jesus they're a touchy lot aren't they?

The reaction to this is on par with ISIS if Rolfy penned a quick sketch of Big Mo.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 2268 viewskarl

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 20:38 - Feb 26 by Toast_R

Jesus they're a touchy lot aren't they?

The reaction to this is on par with ISIS if Rolfy penned a quick sketch of Big Mo.

They're well known for this.
Anyone raises anti Rangers views and this what they have done
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9406214/Rangers-in-crisi

The important factor in that story is that Rangers were given the identity of the 3 man panel, McCoist simply 'outed' them to whip up the hordes. This behaviour is slowly being diluted and ridiculed by the general football community, why many have been kicking them while they're down and hoping they stay in the 2nd tier this year. Celtic are the only club who want them back, don't be surprised that we end up with a 16 team top league if they don't make it and this was wanted by a lot of clubs but we couldnt break the 11-1 majority that was needed to vote for it (was implemented when we had a fairly lucrative Sky contract and all top 12 clubs were scared to drop out of the greedy top flight - who'd have thought such a thing could happen!?).
If we did get a 16 league it would hopefully end any chance of their duopoly starting again as you play them much less and a team having an outstanding season could challenge for longer.
Big game on Sunday, Aberdeen playing Celtic after tonights 10 men exersions (I thought they did well tonight) Aberdeen won't have a better opportunity
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 21:24 - Feb 26 with 2254 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Nigh on 40 years ago the Scottish football journalist Ian Archer described that club as "a permanent embarrassment, an occasional disgrace". He wasn't wrong. Although Christ knows what he'd make of them now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 21:24]
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 22:00 - Feb 26 with 2190 viewsCamberleyR

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 15:15 - Feb 26 by tribalr

'Please accept our apologies for the hyperbole used to describe Rangers fans and for upset or distress this may of caused you. We have removed the offending line from our online article and will be monitoring any further articles by the author.

Kind regards,

Christina Rigden

Telegraph Media Group'

Busted.

"upset or distress this may of caused you"

May of? may of???

And this woman is employed by a newspaper?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 22:07 - Feb 26 with 2175 viewshopphoops

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 22:00 - Feb 26 by CamberleyR

"upset or distress this may of caused you"

May of? may of???

And this woman is employed by a newspaper?

getting her to respond was the Telegraph's way of subtly saying 'do just fück off'

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 22:26 - Feb 26 with 2139 viewsJAPRANGERS

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 22:07 - Feb 26 by hopphoops

getting her to respond was the Telegraph's way of subtly saying 'do just fück off'

This all just utter crap.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 23:12 - Feb 26 with 2078 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 14:24 - Feb 26 by Rangersw12

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone previewing our game wrote a something like that about us

Given that he suggests we might assume that "Britain's most farcical club" refers to us, a think a lot of us would say "he's not wrong TBF". In fact I've seen a few links to other websites on here get just that sort of repsonse
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 00:44 - Feb 27 with 2023 viewsPunteR

Am i the only one that didn't know they stopped serving beer at the grounds 26 years ago?
or is someone taking the P.
Glasgow? jeez!
A bit off topic, but i went to the Celtic game last Sunday and thought the whole experience was how i imagined Scottish football. Cold,wet,windy and one way traffic. What i wasn't expecting was the place between the station and the ground had absolutely no redeeming qualities about it. A hostel with beggars asking for change on route is a bit depressing .
The Ultras of about 60 sang all game giving the place a bit of atmosphere but were segregated from everyone.. I didnt know they sang "youl never walk alone" at the start of the game.
Hamilton had about literally 50 supporters ,30 of them them wanted to kick off waving a big union jack flag and Celtic obliged.
As regards the game,Celtic dominated for about 98% of the time winning 4-0.
It was cold ,wet and sober. The steak pie was nice though. Sort of.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 02:20 - Feb 27 with 2004 viewsSonofNorfolt

Even as a Rangers sympathiser, I can't really disagree with Clive, otherwise I would point a stern finger at him in the pub next week
What he's guilty of, is being a Sassenach writing about Caledonia, a bit like us gentiles discussing Palestine.
I've been researching the Rangers demotion as much as it's legally possible to write about, it's a minefield. What about Arsenal and the HMRC as well?
For the record I saw Celtic at St Johnstone the other week, comfortable enough, and Falkirk at Raith the same day. They are on a bit of a run at the moment, and looked decent against the team who had beaten Rangers the week before.
Hibs look more likely to get promoted than Rangers, but the 'big club' magnetism might see them through.
Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 04:40 - Feb 27 with 1980 viewssmegma

Clives popular in (parts of) Scotland on 02:20 - Feb 27 by SonofNorfolt

Even as a Rangers sympathiser, I can't really disagree with Clive, otherwise I would point a stern finger at him in the pub next week
What he's guilty of, is being a Sassenach writing about Caledonia, a bit like us gentiles discussing Palestine.
I've been researching the Rangers demotion as much as it's legally possible to write about, it's a minefield. What about Arsenal and the HMRC as well?
For the record I saw Celtic at St Johnstone the other week, comfortable enough, and Falkirk at Raith the same day. They are on a bit of a run at the moment, and looked decent against the team who had beaten Rangers the week before.
Hibs look more likely to get promoted than Rangers, but the 'big club' magnetism might see them through.

Hanwell Town could probably give most sweaty sides a good game. They have similar crowds as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024