Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retro Gamers Out there? 12:29 - Feb 27 with 21317 viewsToast_R

Remember Elite from the early 80s?
Spent many hours with my brother playing this game.

This revamped version is the stuff wet dreams were made of back then. Sadly with a new born I've no chance of experiencing it, and my PC is too sh*te.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 00:49 - Feb 28 with 3562 viewsitsbiga

Final Fight
King of Boxers
Spy Hunter
Dragons Lair
Gauntlet

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:34 - Feb 28 with 3554 viewsBluce_Ree

Best arcade game ever: Bomb Jack

I like Pommy's shout for Kung Fu Master. Been playing that on and off for thirty years. Only ever got to level three once!

ZX Speccy is king.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:54 - Feb 28 with 3546 viewsToast_R

Retro Gamers Out there? on 22:50 - Feb 27 by PlumsteadQPR

Ah man Speedball 2 was an absolute monster of a game! Subtitle of BRUTAL DELUXE if I remember rightly!

I'll see your Speedball 2 and raise you this beast of a game

Dungeon Master
Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:57 - Feb 28 with 3543 viewsqueensparker

Xenon 2 on the Amiga. Tough as hell, and brilliant Bomb The Bass soundtrack. First time this booted up I knew I was in the future

[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 2:05]
Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:59 - Feb 28 with 3541 viewsBluce_Ree

And I raise you...

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 02:16 - Feb 28 with 3533 viewsPunteR

Outrun.
Cabal
commando

I had the the spectrum 128k , top games, Robocop,stealth fighter, Batman
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 2:25]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 02:19 - Feb 28 with 3531 viewsPommyhoop

My local had this beauty.
Get down the wing cross it ,nailed on goal..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 02:25 - Feb 28 with 3528 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:54 - Feb 28 by Toast_R

I'll see your Speedball 2 and raise you this beast of a game

Dungeon Master

Winner.

The best Atari ST game ever.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Retro Gamers Out there? on 02:32 - Feb 28 with 3521 viewsClive_Anderson

Retro Gamers Out there? on 01:34 - Feb 28 by Bluce_Ree

Best arcade game ever: Bomb Jack

I like Pommy's shout for Kung Fu Master. Been playing that on and off for thirty years. Only ever got to level three once!

ZX Speccy is king.

The Ultimate Play the Game stuff was the best, Atic Atac, Knight Lore, Underwurlde, Sabre Wulf. Become a total nerd even now when I see a screenshot

Retro Gamers Out there? on 03:02 - Feb 28 with 3514 viewsBklynRanger

Retro Gamers Out there? on 21:04 - Feb 27 by Maggsinho

Yeah, trying to spin the ship and get the right angle to dock was a right pain, the docking computer was always the first thing I bought once I had the credits. But once you got loaded up with more powerful lasers, bigger cargo bay, missiles etc it was awesome.

That is a legitimate use of the word awesome Maggs.
Retro Gamers Out there? on 04:00 - Feb 28 with 3506 viewsitsbiga

If we're talking Spectrum games then;
Commando
Green Beret
Jet Pac
Turmoil
Chuckie Egg
Ant Attack
3D Death Chase
Frank Bruno Boxing
Alchemist
Bruce Lee
Way of the exploding fist
They were my favs back I'm the day :)
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 4:02]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Retro Gamers Out there? on 05:46 - Feb 28 with 3493 viewsBklynRanger

Green Beret was a ferocious game. Nothing these days equals the brutality of that music and pixels.
Retro Gamers Out there? on 08:48 - Feb 28 with 3459 viewsDiscodroids

my era would have been the atari 2600 with 'pitfall' 'yars revenge', 'riddle of the sphinx', 'centipede', 'missile command' and venture being the ones i recall most.

purchased a colecovision with my first ever pay packet in 1984 from a toy shop in east ham.

the shop fell silent as it was passed down to me from the holy altar like the 'spear of destiny' ..for £150.. think it came with a game called 'sea battle ' or 'zaxxon'.

never met anyone who had an intellevision games console from the same period.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Retro Gamers Out there? on 09:17 - Feb 28 with 3451 viewsdanehoop

I had a great job in my early career working in what was originally Lightning Records in Ruislip High Street which then became Trumps Records.

My main job was running the computer games and video section.
I spent the best part of 18 months wasting my life playing the games being described. Very much enjoyed playing things like paperboy, gauntlet and the rest mentioned here whilst being paid to do so. When I got bored it was a bit quiet I'd go downstairs and play my tunes. Used to get loads of freebies, tickets, merchandise etc. Looking back I am wondering why I stopped.

Never knowingly understood

Retro Gamers Out there? on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 3421 viewsN12Hoop

Retro Gamers Out there? on 08:48 - Feb 28 by Discodroids

my era would have been the atari 2600 with 'pitfall' 'yars revenge', 'riddle of the sphinx', 'centipede', 'missile command' and venture being the ones i recall most.

purchased a colecovision with my first ever pay packet in 1984 from a toy shop in east ham.

the shop fell silent as it was passed down to me from the holy altar like the 'spear of destiny' ..for £150.. think it came with a game called 'sea battle ' or 'zaxxon'.

Was also an Atari 2600 man. Used to save up my money and go to Wembley Market to buy the latest cartridge. Most memorable games:
Chopper Command
Endurance
Missile Command
There was an Egyptian one I loved. Tutankhamen I think it was called.
There was an arcade version of Pitfall which was in a newsagent near my school. Was utterly addicted.
Oh, and Decathlon on the Atari was fun, but the 800 metres was an absolute killer!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:01 - Feb 28 with 3420 viewsToast_R

Retro Gamers Out there? on 09:17 - Feb 28 by danehoop

I had a great job in my early career working in what was originally Lightning Records in Ruislip High Street which then became Trumps Records.

My main job was running the computer games and video section.
I spent the best part of 18 months wasting my life playing the games being described. Very much enjoyed playing things like paperboy, gauntlet and the rest mentioned here whilst being paid to do so. When I got bored it was a bit quiet I'd go downstairs and play my tunes. Used to get loads of freebies, tickets, merchandise etc. Looking back I am wondering why I stopped.

Wow, I'd do that job for free!

Now here is a moment in time that I witnessed just what the possibilities multiplayer gaming were.

1989/90. My next door neighbour's (and friend) older brother who had an Atari St, went and bought an Amiga 500. Anyone remember Stunt-car Racer? You could link the two computers via a cable and off you went. Two player Stunt-Car Racer, no split screen nonsense, this was the first time I'd seen anything like this and to say it enhanced the fun and playability of the game is an understatement. This was pure unadulterated competitive gaming, the doorway to what was to come in a few years time.

My friend was a bit of a sore loser and rated himself as the Stunt-Car Racer Guru. I remember he and my brother going head to head one afternoon, he handed my siblings ass to him on a plate and was near lapping him on one of the more difficult circuits, the one where you had a ridiculous jump to navigate (The Roller Coaster maybe?). My brother having given up by this point, reversed his car back up the track to the spot where cars travelling the right way round the circuit, would usually land having completed a successful jump. As my friend landed on the other side of the drop he slammed straight into my brothers car, wrecking himself in the progress meaning my brother snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. My friend took his petulance out on the Atari ST, breaking it in the process. He ended up in tears about it as he knew his older brother would kick his ass. My brother and I swiftly left before he arrived home at this point. That was the last time I'd ever go around their house, the family moved to Edinburgh shortly after. I didn't see him again for years when he moved back to London as an adult.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 11:05]
Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:07 - Feb 28 with 3417 viewsPunteR

Sega mega drive was the game changer for me.
Arcade graphics on your tv.
It was the first console I bought with my hard earned paper round money.-£180
Sonic the hedgehog
Micky mouse castle of illusion
Are classics

[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 9:59]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:15 - Feb 28 with 3413 viewsozexile

I'm in tears. Brilliant.
Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:38 - Feb 28 with 3398 viewsBasingstokeR

Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:07 - Feb 28 by PunteR

Sonic the hedgehog
Are classics

Same for me; years of pocket money plus paper round money saved went into the Mega Drive 2 for my first own console. Before that lots of DOS EGA/VGA games on the PC like Joust, Asteroid, Commander Keen, VGASharks and Monty Python.
Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:03 - Feb 28 with 3383 views1BobbyHazell

Pitfall you say?

https://archive.org/details/atari_2600_pitfall_1983_cce_c-813

That site is amazing, they are just working on being able to play 100's of old console and arcade games.

Worth a browse
Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:03 - Feb 28 with 3382 viewsPommyhoop

Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:07 - Feb 28 by PunteR

Sonic the hedgehog
Are classics

Ahh the Sega Mega Drive.
The regulars on the Frankie thread will know of my allegiance to Swainey from DOP.
I first heard the repetitive delights of Groovy Beat round his while playing Road Rash mashed off my face.

Go on Kev My Son !!!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 12:05]

Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:13 - Feb 28 with 3375 views1BobbyHazell

Retro Gamers Out there? on 11:01 - Feb 28 by Toast_R

Wow, I'd do that job for free!

Now here is a moment in time that I witnessed just what the possibilities multiplayer gaming were.

1989/90. My next door neighbour's (and friend) older brother who had an Atari St, went and bought an Amiga 500. Anyone remember Stunt-car Racer? You could link the two computers via a cable and off you went. Two player Stunt-Car Racer, no split screen nonsense, this was the first time I'd seen anything like this and to say it enhanced the fun and playability of the game is an understatement. This was pure unadulterated competitive gaming, the doorway to what was to come in a few years time.

My friend was a bit of a sore loser and rated himself as the Stunt-Car Racer Guru. I remember he and my brother going head to head one afternoon, he handed my siblings ass to him on a plate and was near lapping him on one of the more difficult circuits, the one where you had a ridiculous jump to navigate (The Roller Coaster maybe?). My brother having given up by this point, reversed his car back up the track to the spot where cars travelling the right way round the circuit, would usually land having completed a successful jump. As my friend landed on the other side of the drop he slammed straight into my brothers car, wrecking himself in the progress meaning my brother snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. My friend took his petulance out on the Atari ST, breaking it in the process. He ended up in tears about it as he knew his older brother would kick his ass. My brother and I swiftly left before he arrived home at this point. That was the last time I'd ever go around their house, the family moved to Edinburgh shortly after. I didn't see him again for years when he moved back to London as an adult.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 11:05]

Loved Stunt Car Racer

They've got that as well.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Stunt_Track_Racer_1989

I'm supposed to be sanding and waxing a door this morning while the family is out. Not happening.

I just tried playing The Hobbit. Remember that!? On the spectrum, the original role playing/fantasy/adventure game.

Typing in dozens of commands until the computer actually recognised one! "Open door". Keep it simple.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 12:17]
Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:23 - Feb 28 with 3369 views1BobbyHazell

I am losing my Nostalgia Overload Sh*t on this site.

Playable Spectrum Football Manager

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Football_Manager_1982

It's brilliant/terrible.
Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:44 - Feb 28 with 3356 viewsPommyhoop

Lets slow this down and and go back to the 70's..Remember this little beauty.Lemans was a stock item in any funfair's arcade tent.
The sound was brilliant , steering wheel needed some serious spinning tho..

Retro Gamers Out there? on 00:05 - Mar 1 with 3272 viewsSimonStainrod

Retro Gamers Out there? on 12:13 - Feb 28 by 1BobbyHazell

Loved Stunt Car Racer

They've got that as well.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Stunt_Track_Racer_1989

I'm supposed to be sanding and waxing a door this morning while the family is out. Not happening.

I just tried playing The Hobbit. Remember that!? On the spectrum, the original role playing/fantasy/adventure game.

Typing in dozens of commands until the computer actually recognised one! "Open door". Keep it simple.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 12:17]

Bloody thorin sitting down and singing about gold the whole time no matter what you asked him to do!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024