Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT Joy Division BBC4 22:28 - Feb 27 with 8290 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Anyone see this tonight. Great stuff.
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 01:10 - Mar 2 with 1729 viewsSonofNorfolt

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 20:08 - Mar 1 by CroydonCaptJack

As you are so open-minded about it, I will pass on the opportunity thanks.

How much more open minded can I be?
Just because I think they're poor, doesn't mean I won't play 'em, thus select the best song please.
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 03:01 - Mar 2 with 1715 viewssmegma

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 01:10 - Mar 2 by SonofNorfolt

Just because I think they're poor, doesn't mean I won't play 'em, thus select the best song please.

I just watched it on i player. Took me thirty minutes to realise I saw it at the cinema in a JD double bill with the biopic ' Control' and I also own the DVD !!! Still good to pass away the early hours.
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 07:32 - Mar 2 with 1688 viewsCroydonCaptJack

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 03:01 - Mar 2 by smegma

I just watched it on i player. Took me thirty minutes to realise I saw it at the cinema in a JD double bill with the biopic ' Control' and I also own the DVD !!! Still good to pass away the early hours.

Yes, Control was good. Being shot in Black & White conveyed the bleakness well I thought.
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 07:34 - Mar 2 with 1687 viewsCroydonCaptJack

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 01:10 - Mar 2 by SonofNorfolt

ok, the best tracks have already been mentioned but the opening track of Unknown Pleasures always gives me a tingle and it is not too long for you to suffer!!

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 07:45 - Mar 2 with 1684 viewsLoft1979

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 08:20 - Feb 28 by RamseyR

She's Lost Control
Dead Souls

+1
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 09:05 - Mar 2 with 1659 viewsqprxtc

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 20:11 - Mar 1 by CroydonCaptJack

Presumably tongue in cheek.
Music is all about taste so I tend to avoid slagging other peoples tastes off.
Paul Young though! Jeez.

Nope. Every word was meant.

People can like what they like, sod all i can do about it. Except give my opinion.

For the amount of attention that they get, Joy Division delivered very little. Apart from being great to put you in a right old strop.

So much praise is given so many so so bands because people at NME or 6 music or wherever reckon it's the be all and end all. Mostly bands from sodding 'Madchester'.

The Queen is Dead is the best album ever made according to the NME. Really? JoBoxers had a better album than that piffle.
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 00:19 - Mar 3 with 1614 viewsCroydonCaptJack

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 09:05 - Mar 2 by qprxtc

Nope. Every word was meant.

People can like what they like, sod all i can do about it. Except give my opinion.

For the amount of attention that they get, Joy Division delivered very little. Apart from being great to put you in a right old strop.

So much praise is given so many so so bands because people at NME or 6 music or wherever reckon it's the be all and end all. Mostly bands from sodding 'Madchester'.

The Queen is Dead is the best album ever made according to the NME. Really? JoBoxers had a better album than that piffle.

So their opinion is different to yours then?
OT Joy Division BBC4 on 00:27 - Mar 3 with 1611 viewssmegma

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 07:32 - Mar 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, Control was good. Being shot in Black & White conveyed the bleakness well I thought.

When we saw Control at the cinema my missus ( on the way home ) said ' it was a bit of a sad ending'. Erm....

Mind you nothing compares to the yank who asked 'could the band reform to promote the film'.
Login to get fewer ads

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 1573 viewsqprxtc

OT Joy Division BBC4 on 00:19 - Mar 3 by CroydonCaptJack

So their opinion is different to yours then?

Only my opinion. But in my little mind it's 100% fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024