Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your first trip to LR? 12:12 - Feb 28 with 6117 viewsTheBlob

Do you remember it?
Mine was in 1963(Walsall)we were back at home after a short spell at the White City.I'd followed the advice to "turn right past the hot dog stand" into Loftus Road,up past the Ford Zephyr with the flower arrangement in the back window and thence on into Ellerslie.Through the turnstile clutching a pristine programme,Into the gloom behind the stand,up the stairs...
WALLOP.Like being hit in the face by a Turner oil painting.Just stood there for a while taking it all in,the colours,the sounds of pent up emotions,the smell of caramelising onions....I haven't been for a while,maybe the next time will be like the first time - a virgin all over again.
What was yours like?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Your first trip to LR? on 20:41 - Mar 1 with 1249 viewsYorkRanger

Qpr 3 Coventry 0, November 1973.
Your first trip to LR? on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1228 viewsHayesender

19 February 1983 QPR 3 Barnsley 0.

This was my first game at Loftus Rd, but my first trip to loftus Rd was for its a knockout around 1979

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Your first trip to LR? on 21:33 - Mar 1 with 1216 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How do you lot remember this? You all have 10/20/30 years on me and I seriously can't remember mine.
Your first trip to LR? on 21:42 - Mar 1 with 1208 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Your first trip to LR? on 21:33 - Mar 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

How do you lot remember this? You all have 10/20/30 years on me and I seriously can't remember mine.

We've led empty, joyless lives.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your first trip to LR? on 21:53 - Mar 1 with 1199 viewsYorkRanger

Your first trip to LR? on 21:42 - Mar 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Your first trip to LR? on 22:01 - Mar 1 with 1184 viewsHayesender

^^^^this

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Your first trip to LR? on 22:01 - Mar 1 with 1184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe my memories are repressed.
Your first trip to LR? on 22:03 - Mar 1 with 1183 viewsRs_Holy

03 OCT 1978 Q.P.R v SWANSEA CITY LEAGUE CUP ...

I can remember being sat in the last row of the Lower South Africa Road Stand (now boxes). We were right next to the School End (where a few hundred noisy Swansea fans had gathered).
I remember QPR getting a corner right in front of us very early on. I think it was Paul Mcgee who scored, might have been Billy Hamilton with a flick on. I was out of my seat and celebrating before anyone else.... Oh the exuberance of youth!!! we won 2-0 in the end so I was really happy, and couldn't wait to tell my mates at school..
I thought Loftus Road was a fantastic ground because of its compact size... I'd been to Wembley and White Hart Lane and didn't enjoy the experience because, in both cases, I was miles from the pitch.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 23:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Your first trip to LR? on 22:11 - Mar 1 with 1176 viewseasthertsr

October 67 R's one Bolton nil, the season ended with us beating villa with an own goal in the last ten minutes to go up to league one, astonishing memories. Holte End packed with Rangers. The M1 blue and white every car!
Your first trip to LR? on 22:20 - Mar 1 with 1167 viewsactonman

Just looked it up, charlton at home midweek around 1982.

Apparently won 5 - 1 (fcked if I remember any of it) apart from Peter hucker and the plastic pitch ?
I would have been 7
Your first trip to LR? on 09:52 - Mar 2 with 1094 viewsloftus77

To answer the thread literally, my first VISIT to Loftus Road was in the close-season sometime in the mid-70s. It was a hot summer’s day and my Nan lived in nearby Sundew Avenue, suspect my Dad took me out because I was getting restless. He took me down to the ground, and we must have just walked in. To a 5/6 yr old (?), it seemed absolutely vast — i was hooked then.

My first GAME was Rangers v Liverpool in May 77. 1-1. Givens for us, Case equalised for them. A telling stat is that the crowd that day (29,000) is still my record gate at LR — hasn’t been beaten since.
Your first trip to LR? on 09:55 - Mar 2 with 1091 viewsRangersw12

I was 7 , 3-1 win against Spurs 89/90 season
Your first trip to LR? on 10:03 - Mar 2 with 1085 viewsozexile

1-1 notts county 1981 February. Loved it. Was hooked.
Your first trip to LR? on 16:57 - Mar 2 with 1053 viewsHarbour

Not sure of who we played the date or the score. it was in in 1972 I think I was about 13. I stood in the loft down the front when they had the wall. I was hooked then.

The Loft singing Smellie Ellie is a memory. Clement Sibley Marsh Gillard Dave Thomas
Your first trip to LR? on 18:35 - Mar 2 with 1031 viewsMichael_Hunt

Home v Peterborough 0 - 0 March 1967, I was 10 and forced my non-footballing parents to take me along whilst visiting my Nana in Westville Road.

My lasting impression was the smell off horse liniment used by the players in those days!

Fell in love hook, line & sinker with the hoops & the atmosphere.

Hardly missed a home game since despite the best efforts of my long suffering wife.
Your first trip to LR? on 04:35 - Mar 3 with 981 viewsMrSheen

Early 1970, lost 2-1 to Oxford. Rodney was injured. Should have taken the hint.
Your first trip to LR? on 06:03 - Mar 3 with 971 viewsFDC

QPR 2 V Chelsea 2, sat in SAR, A or B block - right next to the away end any way. I think Peacock scored. We had Paul Walsh on loan from Spurs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024