Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing 14:47 - Feb 28 with 3459 viewsTopCat34

Grimsby latest club to put wheels in motion. What does everyone think of this? If TF's house of cards collapses how easy would it be to put standing back in parts of LR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31645052
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 14:48]
Safe Standing on 16:09 - Feb 28 with 3409 viewsbosh67

If we put a new roof on LR and converted the lower loft, lower school end and SA stand lower part to this system we'd be able to up the capacity to about 22,000+. Easily enough for the foreseeable future.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Safe Standing on 16:14 - Feb 28 with 3403 viewsOakR

Safe Standing on 16:09 - Feb 28 by bosh67

If we put a new roof on LR and converted the lower loft, lower school end and SA stand lower part to this system we'd be able to up the capacity to about 22,000+. Easily enough for the foreseeable future.

Does it add capacity? My understanding was that you need a seat for each standing place but maybe that's just want some of the larger teams did to comply with Champions League regulations...

Poll: Will we stay up?

Safe Standing on 17:04 - Feb 28 with 3358 viewsRangersDave

Not certain but I don't think Dortmunds terrace has 20,000 seats on it.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Safe Standing on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 3241 viewsnadera78

You get about 1.5 people standing for each seat. That's why the Dortmund capacity drops so much for Champions League games.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 3241 viewsnadera78

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 3241 viewsnadera78

Safe Standing on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 3206 viewsderbyhoop

Safe Standing on 16:09 - Feb 28 by bosh67

And how do you get people in and out? Safely? The concourse at Ellerlie Rd is packed to bursting before, after and at HT.

As the HT whistle blew I went for a leak and a cup of tea. I only missed 3 minutes of the second half.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Safe Standing on 20:15 - Feb 28 with 3187 viewsDorse

Safe Standing on 19:48 - Feb 28 by derbyhoop

And how do you get people in and out? Safely? The concourse at Ellerlie Rd is packed to bursting before, after and at HT.

As the HT whistle blew I went for a leak and a cup of tea. I only missed 3 minutes of the second half.

You could save precious minutes by simply sellotaping a balloon onto your schlong when you're on the tube on the way to the ground. After the match, remove the balloon, facing away from your face and, hey presto, you'll be the envy of all your friends.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing on 20:52 - Feb 28 with 3156 viewsbosh67

The thing with safe standing is that there needs to be a lot of care put into people leaving near the end. This may mean matches being 88 minutes long, so people don't hang about or pass each others before the end. Most importantly if matches with safe standing end at 88 minutes we would get another 10 points a season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:26 - Mar 1 with 3066 viewsloftinoz

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:17 - Feb 28 by nadera78

Exactly.
Safe Standing on 01:08 - Mar 1 with 3049 viewsHollowayRanger

don't want it at loftus road

would be ok at new ground if done safely

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024