Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie Savage 23:06 - Mar 1 with 4592 viewsDorse

What an absolute helmet. Barely coherent gibberish, sounding like a pub bore holding court after a gallon of wife beater, legs akimbo, delivered con gusto at a volume akin to a nuclear explosion. I would rather listen to audio descriptive mime than put up with his analysis (emphasis on 'anal') for another show.

Spastard.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Robbie Savage on 17:46 - Mar 2 with 1667 viewskensalriser

Savage is a helmet. Thanks for the newsflash.

Next you'll be telling me Vinnie Jones is a complete and utter cock.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Robbie Savage on 21:14 - Mar 2 with 1601 viewsPeterHucker

betting shop near me had that twunt's face in the window, really wanted to kick their windows in.

I wish I had a quid for every time I've heard this type of call on 606.....

Caller makes insightful and intelligent point.

Savage says he disagrees because he's a bitter argumentative thick cvnt.

Caller backs up his insightful and intelligent point with more evidence and well-made points.

Savage asks how many Premier League games the caller has played and then shouts him down saying "I've played 250 games in the Premier League so that makes me right and you wrong"

My 5 year old son can argue a point more skilfully than that.

Utter utter utter utter cvnt. (Savage, not my 5 year old)
Robbie Savage on 21:21 - Mar 2 with 1591 viewsqueensparker

Robbie Savage on 21:14 - Mar 2 by PeterHucker

betting shop near me had that twunt's face in the window, really wanted to kick their windows in.

I wish I had a quid for every time I've heard this type of call on 606.....

Caller makes insightful and intelligent point.

Savage says he disagrees because he's a bitter argumentative thick cvnt.

Caller backs up his insightful and intelligent point with more evidence and well-made points.

Savage asks how many Premier League games the caller has played and then shouts him down saying "I've played 250 games in the Premier League so that makes me right and you wrong"

My 5 year old son can argue a point more skilfully than that.

Utter utter utter utter cvnt. (Savage, not my 5 year old)

They should get Danny Baker back doing 606. When it started out under him it was a great programme, by the fans, for the fans. You'd have just as likely had an Orient fan on first, then someone talking about a game 30 years ago, then someone calling out the police for being c--ts at a derby somewhere.

Dave from Taunton the United fan or Raj from Hounslow the Liverpool fan, parroting what Alan Green said two hours before, moaning that "we need to get some quality in, our manager's a disgrace, it's not good enough", who gives a f--k what they think?

It's become a great big smug circle jerk of hype and bluster that reflects modern football, the BBC should be bringing more than that.
Robbie Savage on 21:40 - Mar 2 with 1575 viewsMonahoop

Robbie Savage on 21:21 - Mar 2 by queensparker

They should get Danny Baker back doing 606. When it started out under him it was a great programme, by the fans, for the fans. You'd have just as likely had an Orient fan on first, then someone talking about a game 30 years ago, then someone calling out the police for being c--ts at a derby somewhere.

Dave from Taunton the United fan or Raj from Hounslow the Liverpool fan, parroting what Alan Green said two hours before, moaning that "we need to get some quality in, our manager's a disgrace, it's not good enough", who gives a f--k what they think?

It's become a great big smug circle jerk of hype and bluster that reflects modern football, the BBC should be bringing more than that.

Yeah, I long for Danny Baker's 606 style phone in to return. None of this inane " what formation should Liverpoop have played today? Let's get rid of so and so manager", generally followed by idiotic, bland, predictable replies by the pundits.

No, it should be all about Frazer Digby's washbag, an elephant sitting on a cop car outside Plymouth's Home Park ground, where's Cowdenbeath? whacking the ball against passing buses at Crusader's ground. Proper football stories and memories. I know he's still doing a great show on Saturday mornings on Radio 5, but it's not always about football. Come back Baker, your're badly needed pal!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Robbie Savage on 22:24 - Mar 2 with 1543 viewsWilloW4

Robbie Savage on 21:40 - Mar 2 by Monahoop

Yeah, I long for Danny Baker's 606 style phone in to return. None of this inane " what formation should Liverpoop have played today? Let's get rid of so and so manager", generally followed by idiotic, bland, predictable replies by the pundits.

No, it should be all about Frazer Digby's washbag, an elephant sitting on a cop car outside Plymouth's Home Park ground, where's Cowdenbeath? whacking the ball against passing buses at Crusader's ground. Proper football stories and memories. I know he's still doing a great show on Saturday mornings on Radio 5, but it's not always about football. Come back Baker, your're badly needed pal!

Agreed monohoop .Bakers football radio shows were great... But not on the TV..oh dear, him and his mate Danny Kelly... Cheap nasty nonsense .
Robbie Savage on 23:55 - Mar 2 with 1515 viewsconnell10

As I said in a thread a few weeks ago, football pundits are about as much needed as weather presenters! I know as much about football as any so called expert on the TV! I don't need to be told!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Robbie Savage on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 1466 viewswhittocksRs

Robbie Savage on 21:40 - Mar 2 by Monahoop

Danny Baker's appearance of Match of the Day at the World Cup 2010 when he told Shearer, Lineker, Seedorf and Hodgson "It's only fooball, you can say what you like" is probably my favourite piece of punditry ever.

Shearer tries bully tactics saying "have you been drinking?" and "I want a pint of what he's had" but just comes across as a complete bell.

Danny is refreshing because he's actually honest, and his theory - football is chaos - is closer to the truth than those pundits would like to admit.
Robbie Savage on 13:43 - Mar 3 with 1458 viewsdanehoop

There was a fantastic interview with Danny Baker done by Richard Herring available as a podcast. The man is just a force of nature and genuinely nice guy.

All it all went so well until Richard Herring asked if he could suck his own cock....

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Robbie Savage on 16:34 - Mar 3 with 1424 viewsW7Ranger

Robbie Savage on 13:29 - Mar 3 by whittocksRs

Danny Baker's appearance of Match of the Day at the World Cup 2010 when he told Shearer, Lineker, Seedorf and Hodgson "It's only fooball, you can say what you like" is probably my favourite piece of punditry ever.

Shearer tries bully tactics saying "have you been drinking?" and "I want a pint of what he's had" but just comes across as a complete bell.

Danny is refreshing because he's actually honest, and his theory - football is chaos - is closer to the truth than those pundits would like to admit.

This clip?

3 things stood out in that vid...

1. Rob Green in goal, just seems weird now that he's ours!
2. How much Hodgson has aged in under 5 years!!!
3. Heskey was still in the team in 2010???!!!!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 17:01]
Robbie Savage on 17:12 - Mar 3 with 1401 viewswhittocksRs

Robbie Savage on 16:34 - Mar 3 by W7Ranger

This clip?

3 things stood out in that vid...

1. Rob Green in goal, just seems weird now that he's ours!
2. How much Hodgson has aged in under 5 years!!!
3. Heskey was still in the team in 2010???!!!!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 17:01]

That's the one. He made the same "you can say what you like" argument to Barton when they had a Twitter row after Barton said people that haven't played the game can't have an informed opinion on it. (Once again belittling the fans he claims to have so much in common with.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024