Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem B teams 19:27 - Mar 2 with 4412 viewsHayesender

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31702424

To be allowed in the johnsons paint trophy?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Prem B teams on 19:36 - Mar 2 with 3201 viewsGloucs_R

Doesn't matter what cup it is, we always get beat by lower league teams

Poll: Are we staying up?

Prem B teams on 19:46 - Mar 2 with 3152 viewsHollowayRanger

don't agree with this at all

simple answer is for clubs to stop buying every kid out there and for the kids to realize that rotting in the reserves is not the way to make a football career

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Prem B teams on 19:48 - Mar 2 with 3160 viewsbosh67

Our A team would never make it past the first round.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Prem B teams on 20:03 - Mar 2 with 3122 viewsTopCat34

What happens if our A team play our B team? How will they contrive to get knocked out?
Prem B teams on 20:18 - Mar 2 with 3076 viewsDWQPR

Prem B teams on 19:46 - Mar 2 by HollowayRanger

don't agree with this at all

simple answer is for clubs to stop buying every kid out there and for the kids to realize that rotting in the reserves is not the way to make a football career

And the new TV deal will make it even worse for the young kids trying to break through. More PL teams will be able to afford off the peg players from abroad. Might as well scrap youth football in this country.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Prem B teams on 20:56 - Mar 2 with 2993 viewsClive_Anderson

FFS the one trophy the lower division teams get to themselves and they want to fill it full of c*nty Chelsea reserves. F*ck off.

The game is run by complete and utter morons.
Prem B teams on 21:13 - Mar 2 with 2962 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Prem B teams on 20:56 - Mar 2 by Clive_Anderson

FFS the one trophy the lower division teams get to themselves and they want to fill it full of c*nty Chelsea reserves. F*ck off.

+1
Prem B teams on 21:21 - Mar 2 with 2947 viewsTacticalR

The relentless operation to monopolise anything that the Premier League doesn't yet control goes on. Presumably Dyke was in hot water with Abramovitch, Kroenke, John Henry, the Glazers and the Qataris when his previous scheme for driving clubs out of the league and replacing them with Premiership reserves failed. Now Dyke is back and with the same scheme, only this time through the back door. And if anyone catches him red-handed, he'll go on about how it's all in the interest of the national game and what a terrible fellow Blatter is. That usually does the trick.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Prem B teams on 23:58 - Mar 2 with 2829 viewsconnell10

Greg dyke more like Greg dick!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Prem B teams on 09:48 - Mar 3 with 2736 viewstoboboly

Terrifying that only one club didn't support this. They must think that loads of people will want to watch a bunch of PL kids play on a Tuesday in Barnsley or Scunthorpe. Really don't see this becoming a money spinner and takes away a trophy from the lower leagues.

Just fck off with the B team idea altogether.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Prem B teams on 09:50 - Mar 3 with 2730 viewsNorthernr

Dangerous creep.

Agree with Holloway and Clive Anderson - which must be a first!
Prem B teams on 10:27 - Mar 3 with 2682 viewsdaveB

The whole idea of these B teams is terrible. If Premier League clubs want to play young English kids there is nothing stopping them doing so in their own first team rather than having a second team playing in a cup even lower league teams don't care about
Prem B teams on 10:28 - Mar 3 with 2676 viewsOakR

Crazy - I guess they have been bullied into it as the lesser of 2 evils.

I can;t understand how someone who was the Brentford chairman is so naive to how stupid and ultimately damaging to football this is. I'm not in the general FA bashing camp, and I guess this is the Football League voting on it, everything really is up for sale.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Prem B teams on 10:47 - Mar 3 with 2650 viewsTacticalR

Prem B teams on 10:28 - Mar 3 by OakR

Crazy - I guess they have been bullied into it as the lesser of 2 evils.

I can;t understand how someone who was the Brentford chairman is so naive to how stupid and ultimately damaging to football this is. I'm not in the general FA bashing camp, and I guess this is the Football League voting on it, everything really is up for sale.

My guess is that Dyke is calculating that with the new ground and the exciting Spanish coach Brentford can become a permanent fixture in the Premiership. Then Brentford B and C can sit in League 1 or 2 (perhaps taking over Leyton Orient's or Notts County's ground) managed by a homely British manager.

Air hostess clique

Prem B teams on 10:58 - Mar 3 with 2630 viewsMedwayR

I like the initiative shown by this FA commission, playing in the JPT is a unique experience that foreign players just won't have and will therefore put us at a great advantage when it comes to the European Championships & World Cups which we will no doubt start winning now, in fact I suspect UEFA may outlaw the idea just because they're anti-English or maybe make it compulsory for other European leagues to have their own version of the JPT to level the field again. The JPT has been such an important secret weapon for England that even previous regimes at the FA weren't told about it's real purpose. I can see knighthoods & street parties in the very near future.

In reality of course it's a f**king stupid idea, the Football League actually provides a lot of players for England whilst the top half of the Premier League kills off the careers of a lot of good young players. We all know where the problem exists but because the FA haven't got the balls to tackle the problem they're messing about with ideas like this to make it look as though they've made an effort.

Poll: Who’s better?

Prem B teams on 11:02 - Mar 3 with 2619 viewsRANGERS4EVER

So if Chelsea B and Man City B won it (which they easily could) they would get the money from that as well, instead of the League 1 and 2 clubs which have a chance to gain important money to them and give the fans a day out at Wembley?

What an absolute farce

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Prem B teams on 11:08 - Mar 3 with 2602 viewsToast_R

Prem B teams on 11:02 - Mar 3 by RANGERS4EVER

So if Chelsea B and Man City B won it (which they easily could) they would get the money from that as well, instead of the League 1 and 2 clubs which have a chance to gain important money to them and give the fans a day out at Wembley?

What an absolute farce

That is true, say Man City B get to the final at Wembley and play Chelsea B, how many tickets are they going to sell, really?
Prem B teams on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 2577 viewsfrancisbowles

Turkeys voting for Christmas?
Prem B teams on 12:38 - Mar 3 with 2513 viewsthemodfather

just robes a so called small team their chance of a wembley final and trophy, if of course a prem b side wins it, i'd say some reserves and/or u21 teams are very capable.
Prem B teams on 13:13 - Mar 3 with 2470 viewsR_from_afar

An utterly ridiculous idea. Clearly, it is physically impossible for Premiership teams to ever receive enough exposure and income.

Why not go the whole hog and turn the JPT into a Premiership B team cup? You wait, Dyke will push for that next, the utter weapon.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Prem B teams on 13:44 - Mar 3 with 2430 viewsdylanQblock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

how does this squad filled with every nationality help english football.
Prem B teams on 13:56 - Mar 3 with 2396 viewsJuzzie

So, a competition specifically designed to allow the lower two division clubs a chance to get to Wembley is now to have PL B teams in because the PL, CL, EL, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield isn't enough for them already?

Absolute joke. It beggars disbelief that someone would not only think of it but think it would be a good idea. I can't even believe every single League 1 & 2 club, bar AFC Wimbledon, are happy with this. Seems they just want an opportunity to play a PL B team for the filthy lucre rather than get a day out at Wembley 'cos once this happens, any notion of a League 1 or 2 team getting there, let alone winning it, will dissapear.

Football is being ruined by people who are just interested in money, nothing to do with what is good for the game.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 14:00]
Prem B teams on 17:54 - Mar 3 with 2291 viewsderbyhoop

There's already competitions for PL 'B' teams. They are called the FA Youth Cup (for U18s) and the Professional Development League for U 21s.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Prem B teams on 18:02 - Mar 3 with 2284 viewsEastR

So in a nutshell, Greg Dyke and the FA think that England will win future World Cups because young players will get the chance to play against Chesterfield and AFC Wimbledon on a Weds night.
Laughable.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Prem B teams on 19:19 - Mar 3 with 2238 viewsloftboy

This

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024