Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disco...... 00:15 - Mar 3 with 5340 viewssmegma

Have you written to the Standard again ????
Disco...... on 08:14 - Mar 3 with 5228 viewsDiscodroids

hahaha, i did see the cara letter.. but it wasnt me.

not enough swearing .

the mrs is on the verge of banning the paper from the house as i end up recreating that hitler bunker scene in 'downfall' roaring with rage by the time i get to page 2 every night.

in other news, i finished work early and i visited my dad in beautiful downtown east ham yesterday afternoon for an ale or two... upon my visit i witnessed with some pride..

1. A group of women bin dipping through peoples wheely bins and taking leftover food/ slop and putting them into big bags in childs pushchairs.

2. A tramp having a lie down who had shit in his cream trousers.

3. A group of 30 Roma types drinking outside Lidl and dancing to a tune a man playing the accordian .

4. Seven beggars between East Ham Station and Barking Road. Highlights including a man with no legs, a woman with two kids and a lady with her nose missing looking like it had been cut off.

5. A fight outside the bookies( there must be at least a dozen bookies in 400 yards of high street) between some East Europeans.

6. A English couple having a row and the bird beating the bloke up.

7. Heroin offered to me outside a mosque.

the sort of thing the iournalists of the evening standard would think wonderful from their pier de terre in islington and hackney rising.

i hear 87 year old Pensioners Bert and Lil from thorngrove road , east ham cant believe their fu cking luck That they live in such a birthing pool of utopia

it got me to wondering if there are any bigger shitholes than east ham??
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 8:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Disco...... on 08:45 - Mar 3 with 5169 viewsbillericaydicky

Disco...... on 08:14 - Mar 3 by Discodroids

not enough swearing .

the mrs is on the verge of banning the paper from the house as i end up recreating that hitler bunker scene in 'downfall' roaring with rage by the time i get to page 2 every night.

in other news, i finished work early and i visited my dad in beautiful downtown east ham yesterday afternoon for an ale or two... upon my visit i witnessed with some pride..

1. A group of women bin dipping through peoples wheely bins and taking leftover food/ slop and putting them into big bags in childs pushchairs.

3. A group of 30 Roma types drinking outside Lidl and dancing to a tune a man playing the accordian .

4. Seven beggars between East Ham Station and Barking Road. Highlights including a man with no legs, a woman with two kids and a lady with her nose missing looking like it had been cut off.

5. A fight outside the bookies( there must be at least a dozen bookies in 400 yards of high street) between some East Europeans.

the sort of thing the iournalists of the evening standard would think wonderful from their pier de terre in islington and hackney rising.

i hear 87 year old Pensioners Bert and Lil from thorngrove road , east ham cant believe their fu cking luck That they live in such a birthing pool of utopia

I'm not sure, is the answer to your question, the last time I was in the area was our glorious defeat to West Ham back in October and my sightseeing tour of the area was cut short due to not being able to face my West Ham mates after such a shambles.

However I was back to my roots in Dagenham at the weekend and that place is steadily reaching East Ham's heights - still got the best pie n mash shop in my opinion and of course I was within yards of the best fish and chip shop in the UK (used to go there when I was at school a million years ago). Not been to Barking for ages, but I'm sure that Billy Bragg is still busking outside the tube station....

It's the Bert's and Lil's who I feel sorry for (I think I got their Christmas card again this year).
Disco...... on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 5137 viewsAntti_Heinola

not enough swearing .

Dunno. Where do you live again?

Bare bones.

Disco...... on 09:05 - Mar 3 with 5112 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 08:45 - Mar 3 by billericaydicky

I'm not sure, is the answer to your question, the last time I was in the area was our glorious defeat to West Ham back in October and my sightseeing tour of the area was cut short due to not being able to face my West Ham mates after such a shambles.

However I was back to my roots in Dagenham at the weekend and that place is steadily reaching East Ham's heights - still got the best pie n mash shop in my opinion and of course I was within yards of the best fish and chip shop in the UK (used to go there when I was at school a million years ago). Not been to Barking for ages, but I'm sure that Billy Bragg is still busking outside the tube station....

It's the Bert's and Lil's who I feel sorry for (I think I got their Christmas card again this year).

hehehe...Still makes me chuckle dicky that xmas card thing..yep i know Dagenham well ..had aunts uncles and cousin living there all move out in the nineties.

just for clarification good people of LFW this is' East_Ham' rather than the quite genteel Eastham on the Wirral, described by the American novelist Nathaniel Hawthorne "the finest old English village I have seen, with many antique houses, and with altogether a rural and picturesque aspect, unlike anything in America, and yet possessing a familiar look, as if it were something I had dreamed about."

Just checking.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Disco...... on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 5098 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 09:01 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Dunno. Where do you live again?

My dear annti, one flew the east ham nest back in 1990 for gentrified redbridge.. which is now a shithole.

east ham....redbridge....chadwell heath..brentwood..north chingford

wherever i sprinkle my fairy dust property prices soar.

its a curse i tell you. a damn curse

an east ham conveyancing solicitor does'nt bother to research 'chancel taxes', as there arnt any fuc king churches in the area.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 9:35]

Disco...... on 09:10 - Mar 3 with 5108 viewsDorse

not enough swearing .

I know what you mean. This place is going to hell in a handcart. I witnessed a MILF brawl in my local when they ran out of home glazed honey roast cashews. It was awful. Kath Kidston wellies being hoofed into unprotected shins, hair pulling and people shouting "Leave it, Orianna! She's not worth it!" I can't walk down the street without people offering me locally sourced pheasant or organic produce. It's poor old Silas and Margot I feel sorry for. They've only just got over the introduction of electricity and Christianity.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Disco...... on 09:11 - Mar 3 with 5105 viewsdanehoop

I'd agree with you about East Ham.

Mind you Stratford, in places, is also pretty damn awful as well and shares similarities with those wonders you describe of East Ham. I was last over that way at Xmas. Shudder.

Never knowingly understood

Disco...... on 09:17 - Mar 3 with 5078 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 09:11 - Mar 3 by danehoop

I'd agree with you about East Ham.

Mind you Stratford, in places, is also pretty damn awful as well and shares similarities with those wonders you describe of East Ham. I was last over that way at Xmas. Shudder.

i work in stratford dane. in the eighties and nineties it was truly a tough area.

to be fair east london does seem to be going under regeneration but some areas remain 'unspoilt' , 'bohemian' and 'vibrant' as estate agents would put it.

signs of hipsters just starting to emerge in forest gate though.

Login to get fewer ads

Disco...... on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 5083 viewsdanehoop

hipsters in Forest Gate. Now that really does give me a sense of pure joy at the likely outcome. It won't be pretty.

Never knowingly understood

Disco...... on 09:21 - Mar 3 with 5081 viewsbillericaydicky

Disco...... on 09:17 - Mar 3 by Discodroids

i work in stratford dane. in the eighties and nineties it was truly a tough area.

to be fair east london does seem to be going under regeneration but some areas remain 'unspoilt' , 'bohemian' and 'vibrant' as estate agents would put it.

signs of hipsters just starting to emerge in forest gate though.

Hipsters in Forest Gate!? Whatever next...?

Is the Live n Let Live still there - was a decent local boozer back in the day before getting on a 25 bus and going to Manor Park to listen to the DJ in the Conqueror and try my luck with the local ladies on a Sunday night...
Disco...... on 09:28 - Mar 3 with 5045 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 09:21 - Mar 3 by billericaydicky

Hipsters in Forest Gate!? Whatever next...?

Is the Live n Let Live still there - was a decent local boozer back in the day before getting on a 25 bus and going to Manor Park to listen to the DJ in the Conqueror and try my luck with the local ladies on a Sunday night...

i know the conqueror's gone, but the golden fleece is still there mate opposite wanstead flats.

the green man
the wakefield
the morning star
the duke of edinboro'
the albion
the upton manor
the duke of fife
the drum and monkey
the cock hotel
the dukes head
the golfer
the roding hotel

east ham /upton park pubs all closed in the last ten years, 6 of the above in the last three years.

and 'the central' opp the west ham ground to close next month.

doeent include at least half a dozen pubs closed in plaistow in recent years.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 9:34]

Disco...... on 09:31 - Mar 3 with 5043 viewskensalriser

Most of what's east of Aldgate has always been a shithole though, hasn't it? All the way to Southend.

Apologies to Disco and other East London types. But facts is facts!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Disco...... on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 5007 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 09:31 - Mar 3 by kensalriser

Most of what's east of Aldgate has always been a shithole though, hasn't it? All the way to Southend.

Apologies to Disco and other East London types. But facts is facts!

i concede your point.

i think Wanstead had a Fleeting renaissance back in october 96, but is now, an expensive shithole...

... next to manor park.

which is a shithole.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 9:40]

Disco...... on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 4912 viewsJuzzie

In the mid-late 80's I did a day release course for 2 years at the East Ham College of Technology. It was grim then and there was a sense it was just going to get worse. A lot more Bert & Lil characters then but I'm not sure many now left and certainly not replaced by their offspring.
Disco...... on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 4898 viewsAunt_Nelly

Disco...... on 09:38 - Mar 3 by Discodroids

i concede your point.

i think Wanstead had a Fleeting renaissance back in october 96, but is now, an expensive shithole...

... next to manor park.

which is a shithole.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 9:40]

Back in the day I remember playing football on Wanstead Flats. Probably some of the worst pitches in London. In comparison Hackney Marsh (Pre refurb) was a bowling green. Wanstead was like the Somme. Mud, mud, mud and rats.
The natives were also 'proper nawty'. One game had to be abandoned because an opposition player got sent off and came back with a gun and threatened to shoot the ref.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 11:13]
Disco...... on 12:42 - Mar 3 with 4785 viewspeejaybee

Disco...... on 11:10 - Mar 3 by Aunt_Nelly

Back in the day I remember playing football on Wanstead Flats. Probably some of the worst pitches in London. In comparison Hackney Marsh (Pre refurb) was a bowling green. Wanstead was like the Somme. Mud, mud, mud and rats.
The natives were also 'proper nawty'. One game had to be abandoned because an opposition player got sent off and came back with a gun and threatened to shoot the ref.

Now that made I Larffffffffffffffff.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Disco...... on 16:33 - Mar 3 with 4663 viewseastside_r

Ah good. Another 'East London is shit' thread.

Disco...... on 16:45 - Mar 3 with 4633 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 16:33 - Mar 3 by eastside_r

Ah good. Another 'East London is shit' thread.

one does what one can when working within the parameters of an adult message board, in particular a dojo as harsh as this one.

you can vote by putting your pound coin in the jukebox my good man.

the board awaits your stream of thoughts on a subject of your choosing.

im sitting here with a tub of goose fat awaiting enlightenment .

proceed.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 16:46]

Disco...... on 08:28 - Mar 4 with 4424 viewssmegma

About 3 years ago SudburyHillR and I wandered to East Ham for a few pints after a draw at Upton Park (Remy debut).We ended up in some fast food outlet opposite the tube station and bought the equivalent of the feeding of the 5000 ( biblical sense not the Crass album!) and it cost a pittance. Veggie burger chips and bottle of water, chicken burger chips and drink for him came to about £6. What's not to like even if it was halal water?
Disco...... on 09:23 - Mar 4 with 4395 viewsA40Bosh

not enough swearing .

It reads like a reworking of "That's Entertainment" by The Jam

Let's rename it "That's Modern East Ham"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Disco...... on 10:10 - Mar 4 with 4371 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 09:23 - Mar 4 by A40Bosh

It reads like a reworking of "That's Entertainment" by The Jam

Let's rename it "That's Modern East Ham"

gave me a chuckle bosh....had that tune in my head all morning now you git.

obi's view on east ham...

[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 10:14]

Disco...... on 07:36 - Mar 5 with 4253 viewssmegma

Disco...... on 11:10 - Mar 3 by Aunt_Nelly

That reminds me of a time I played on Hackney Marshes about 25 years ago. The game on the next pitch had a rather large crowd watching for a Sunday morning beer belly league game. On each side of the pitch stood about 20 lookalike extras from Green Street . Then all of a sudden a large noise had literally every game stop and gawp as one bloke in a football kit chased an opposition player with a hammer in his hand. As you do. There were blokes going toe to toe on and off the pitch.
Turned out the would be carpenter was a Millwall fan and his apprentice was ICF. The Police were called as was an ambulance. Meanwhile the ref legged it as a free for all ensued on the pitch.
Disco...... on 10:46 - Mar 5 with 4208 viewsloftboy

My mum is from barking, one of 9 kids, all moved away as have all my cousins

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Disco...... on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 4197 viewsDiscodroids

Disco...... on 10:46 - Mar 5 by loftboy

My mum is from barking, one of 9 kids, all moved away as have all my cousins

Barking was considered posh in the 70's and 80's right up to the mid nineties.

opposite the park the leftley estate and the faircross estate were the homes of the fairly wealthy, now the place where 15 year old girls grow prams out of their arms.

Disco...... on 11:08 - Mar 5 with 4187 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Did some filming here over 10 years ago, it's lovely but surrounded by the biggest shithole of an area I've ever seen.

Rough with the smooth I guess.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024