Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road record with night games??? 00:38 - Mar 3 with 4114 viewssuperhoopdownunder

There is not much that beats being at Loftus Road in the evening watching QPR with the floodlights on and the atmosphere tends to be much better.
Does anyone have any details on our results at Loftus Road with evening kick offs? even for the past 3 or 4 seasons? - I am sure we perform better.
Thanks
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:10 - Mar 3 with 3115 viewsToast_R

Bit of a myth me thinks. I've seen some God awful sh*te under the lights as much as I've seen some belters.

Vauxhall Motors was under the lights....
Cardiff 4-0 under the lights that same season...
Our first relegation from the Premier League, I remember early on, Wimbledon taking us to the cleaners under the lights, it was at that point I knew all was not well...
Who can forget losing 2-0 to Fulham and Carlisle and Langers picking up ACL's 20 minutes apart?

But then you could see those and raise Arsenal 2-0 FA Cup 90
Preston 1-0 our game in hand that time QPR were fighting for our lives in the Champ
Oldham Playoff semi...
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 8:11]
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:28 - Mar 3 with 3093 viewsWestminsteRs

Off the top of my head, I would add 5-0 v Middlesborough, 1-0 v Chelsea (Gallen), the playoff against Wigan.

I'm sure that statistically, however, it is a myth. These games often just live longer in the memory because the atmosphere can be so electric.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:37 - Mar 3 with 3086 viewsqueensparker

The snowy Birmingham one lives long in the memory as well. And the 3-2 against Liverpool with Mackie winner. And the 2-2 draw against United in the cup years ago (Macca last minute equaliser against Fergie's new kids from a cross from Ossie Ardiles)

Can't beat a good night game
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 23:07]
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:45 - Mar 3 with 3069 viewsRBlock

Might not be at Loftus Road but we beat the scum under the lights at their gaf.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:53 - Mar 3 with 3056 viewskingsburyR

Ill go with the Liverpool and Birmingham games. Both great games for different reasons! Di Carmine went up in my estimation (a little) for his finish and as for the Mackie goal, lost my voice for a couple of days after that!

For me it was a night game against Arsenal (in the pissing rain) standing in the loft. We beat them 2-1 or 3-1 I think. Cracking atmosphere.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:03 - Mar 3 with 3038 viewsToast_R

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 08:53 - Mar 3 by kingsburyR

Ill go with the Liverpool and Birmingham games. Both great games for different reasons! Di Carmine went up in my estimation (a little) for his finish and as for the Mackie goal, lost my voice for a couple of days after that!

For me it was a night game against Arsenal (in the pissing rain) standing in the loft. We beat them 2-1 or 3-1 I think. Cracking atmosphere.

That Liverpool game ah yes, unforgettable. Strange one though as a vast amount of seats near to me vacated when Liverpool's second goal went in. When someone shouted out the vacating masses, "where you going?" one bloke replied, "I've a long journey home". I bet they were all and still to this day, gutted about that decision.

Didn't North leave Pride Park at 2-0 in 2010?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 9:04]
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 3012 viewsVish

A lot of it is to do with how fans feel about night games. Might just be me, but no matter who we're playing on a week-night I look forward to the game all day whilst at work.

That build up some form of excitement, then going straight to the pub after work for a few pints then the game all adds to why most people love evening home games.

With fans in that mindset from the start of the day, it can often lead to a better atmosphere.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 2984 viewsDevonWhite

Although we didn't win either, the recent 2-3 and 2-2 against Man City under the lights were fantastic.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:50 - Mar 3 with 2947 viewspaulparker

The Milk cup runs in 86 against Forest ,Chelsea & Liverpool

A Martin Allen Thunderbolt against Everton to take us top of the league in 87

the Andy Gray brace against Utd on a warm May evening 89

Kenny sansom smashing home a 20 yarder in the monsoon against Arsenal

Colin Clarke header to beat a title chasing villa in 90

beating title winners Leeds 4-0 in 91

Bardsley smashing home a free kick to Demolish Soton in the 2nd half in 92

Trevor Sinclair header vs Liverpool

5-1 Against Boro in 97

Just a few of the good night games back in the day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 2897 viewsHollowayRanger

rowlands thunderbolt v wolves was a classic

but loved the 10 men v birmingham in the snow

also the 3-2 from 0-2 v leciester under holloway

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 10:24 - Mar 3 with 2881 viewspaulparker

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 10:21 - Mar 3 by HollowayRanger

rowlands thunderbolt v wolves was a classic

but loved the 10 men v birmingham in the snow

also the 3-2 from 0-2 v leciester under holloway

3-2 VS Leicester Was on a Saturday afternoon mate
you may be getting mixed up when we lost to Leicester by the same score (I think)
this was Holloways last game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 10:54 - Mar 3 with 2858 viewsW7Ranger

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:50 - Mar 3 by paulparker

The Milk cup runs in 86 against Forest ,Chelsea & Liverpool

A Martin Allen Thunderbolt against Everton to take us top of the league in 87

the Andy Gray brace against Utd on a warm May evening 89

Kenny sansom smashing home a 20 yarder in the monsoon against Arsenal

Colin Clarke header to beat a title chasing villa in 90

beating title winners Leeds 4-0 in 91

Bardsley smashing home a free kick to Demolish Soton in the 2nd half in 92

Trevor Sinclair header vs Liverpool

5-1 Against Boro in 97

Just a few of the good night games back in the day

I'm pretty sure the Boro game was 5-0.

And the Leeds game was 4-1. And by the way, Bradley Allen finished off a brilliant team move from defence to attack with a cool finish from a very tight angle in that game...

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:02 - Mar 3 with 2827 viewspaulparker

your right it was 5-0 Boro

I always thought Leeds scored in that game , oh well i'll take your word W7 , happy to be corrected

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:05 - Mar 3 with 2834 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Was a 1-0 Wolves win under the lights? under Sousa, Rowlands with a screamer

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:08 - Mar 3 with 2826 viewsJuzzie

Many good ones mentioned but one that always sticks out for me is a game v Cardiff some 15 years ago in the old 2nd division.

We won 2-1 in a tight, great game, the atmosphere was electric and Cardiff fans played their part too. What stood out for me was two guys sitting next to me. They were really getting into it "come on Rangers" and so on. Then towards the end as we were winning one said to me "actually, we're both Chelsea but wanted to come to a game. This is fking brilliant, the atmosphere is fantastic, really enjoying this". I was gobsmacked! I asked them, with a wry smile, if they'd be coming more regulalry. "nah" he replied, "but I have really enjoyed this".

[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 11:10]
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:22 - Mar 3 with 2804 viewsPinnerPaul

For older viewers ALL the UEFA cup games were under lights so great memories of those.

One good and one bad not been mentioned, beating Coventry 3-2 in the cup, Stan scoring with last minute free kick - Jim Gregory refused to let cameras in for that one (Highlights) - how times have changed!

Bad - QPR 0 Newcastle 4 - Malcolm Macdonald scored all 4 I think.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:33 - Mar 3 with 2773 viewsDeano19766

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 10:54 - Mar 3 by W7Ranger

I'm pretty sure the Boro game was 5-0.

And the Leeds game was 4-1. And by the way, Bradley Allen finished off a brilliant team move from defence to attack with a cool finish from a very tight angle in that game...

Remember this game like it was yesterday. Oh to have a time machine to revisit those days of proper top flight football and terraces
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 12:50 - Mar 3 with 2662 viewsthemodfather

some memorable nights under the lights and tomorrow, the team and fans need to really get into the game, raise the roof etc and try and rattle em!
coyrs.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 13:01 - Mar 3 with 2640 viewsW7Ranger

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 11:02 - Mar 3 by paulparker

your right it was 5-0 Boro

I always thought Leeds scored in that game , oh well i'll take your word W7 , happy to be corrected

Yeah Leeds did score in that game fella.
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 2629 viewsCamberleyR

One that sticks in my mind a bit was back in the 03/04 promotion season against Port Vale. We were on a bit of a wobble having successively lost a couple away (one I think the 4-2 at Chesterfield) and drawn another couple.

Vale took the lead with probably their first attack, Bircham equalised midway through the second half and then Cureton who'd come on as sub gave us the lead with about 10 minutes to go. Adie Littlejohn then sickeningly (so we thought) equalised in the 90th minute before Cureton popped up again almost immediately to score the winner. Only about 12K in there that night but the old place erupted when the winner went in.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 2582 viewsW7Ranger

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 13:07 - Mar 3 by CamberleyR

One that sticks in my mind a bit was back in the 03/04 promotion season against Port Vale. We were on a bit of a wobble having successively lost a couple away (one I think the 4-2 at Chesterfield) and drawn another couple.

Vale took the lead with probably their first attack, Bircham equalised midway through the second half and then Cureton who'd come on as sub gave us the lead with about 10 minutes to go. Adie Littlejohn then sickeningly (so we thought) equalised in the 90th minute before Cureton popped up again almost immediately to score the winner. Only about 12K in there that night but the old place erupted when the winner went in.

I remember that one! I was going fcking nuts when they equalised in the last minute.

I think Richard Johnson (remember him) sprayed the ball out to Rowlands on the right attacking the loft. He squeezed past his man and played it in to Cureton in the middle who smashed it in to the roof of the net. Cue mass hysteria!!
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 14:44 - Mar 3 with 2518 viewskingsburyR

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 09:33 - Mar 3 by DevonWhite

Although we didn't win either, the recent 2-3 and 2-2 against Man City under the lights were fantastic.

The 2-3 was a great game!

And I also left Pride Park at 2-0

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 16:09 - Mar 3 with 2454 viewsloftboy

Charlton at home in 1983, 5-0 load of us in the last year of school went from Bracknell, went mental at every goal that went in.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Loftus Road record with night games??? on 16:49 - Mar 3 with 2418 viewswelwynranger

A league cup tie against Forest. Cough bought his title winning team to HQ . Rangers were brilliant and won 3 1 .
Loftus Road record with night games??? on 17:00 - Mar 3 with 2402 viewsMatch82

Ask and ye shall receive.

Last 4 seasons:
Home Midweek: 11W, 7D, 5L - Average = 1.74 points
Home Weekend: 27W, 19D, 15L - Average = 1.64 points

So marginally better, but not much in it really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024