Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match of the Fcking Day ! 09:29 - Mar 5 with 4701 viewsWokingR

Got back from the game last night in time to see this and, unless you were an Arsenal fan, why the fck would any of us have bothered!
Did we not keep them completely penned into their own half for the first 15 minutes?
Did Charlie not test their keeper with a couple of absolute screamers ?
Isn't the BBC supposed to be impartial and show a balanced view ?

Obviously not under that twunt Linekers watch!
All they showed was Arsenal and then a little pat on the head for Charlie's consolation
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:32 - Mar 5 with 3821 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

Didn't watch it but, would not expect anything less from that walkers mug. Can't stand any of them on that shower of shite. Shearer I would seriously love to punch.

Used to like Hansen but not really watched since he left.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:41 - Mar 5 with 3778 viewsQPunkR

I'm sure it was only about 5mins in total of the entire shoddy programme

QPR - "shit but local"

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:44 - Mar 5 with 3766 viewsdaveB

Amazing they didn't show that Austin shot in the first half
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 3722 viewspaulparker

Stopped watching MOTD years ago , its so bad its untrue
that Gurning Cnt Lineker and his chummy pals like Shearer and savage all bantering about how each of them had no pace and that their goals are shown in black n white (yawn) basically the same old clichés when Hansen & Lawrenson were on
why anyone watches it is a mystery , especially when you can record the extended highlights off sky,
oh for the days of Jimmy hill, des and Bob Wilson

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 3729 viewstoboboly

Don't bother watching it anymore. Terrible pundits (Shearer P.Neville, Savage) and a massive big team bias. Terrible commentators as well, all screaming and salivating like a meth head playing Gears of War. Tw@ts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:55 - Mar 5 with 3719 viewsHantsR

Only good thing about MOTD last night was the showing of THAT goal; by Trevor! mmm
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:58 - Mar 5 with 3697 viewsadhoc_qpr

I haven't been watching it all season as it's been so depressing and Harry was such a downer!

But we all know the narrative of last nights game was 'routine win for Arsenal in the top 4 race' and 'Sanchez back on form' - and MOTD will theme the limited highlights to suit that story.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 10:12 - Mar 5 with 3645 viewsbob566

not to mention 1 min into the commentary of the tottenham game which preceded ours Motty said spurs will need to win tonight to keep up with the pack ahead which all won tonight.

Knew we'd lost there and then even though I'd avoided the score.

They have form with that though do the Beeb. When MOTD had the FA cup when we last met chelsea in it and i'd avoided the scores all day that twunt linneker opens up the broadcast with no shocks today but plenty of goals. Great gary. Just great.
Login to get fewer ads

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 10:14 - Mar 5 with 3638 viewssimmo

The pundit contributions are largely awful, to the point I record it now so I can forward through Robbie Savage honking or Phil Neville complaining about players showing flair. It's also generally depressing to watch us lose yet again.

Last night the shot by Austin could have been shown, but what else do you want to see? Replays of us launching it in the general direction of Bobby Zamora? There were no slick patterns of play or chances created, a few good crosses from Philips aside (which were shown), we were shite to watch and created little in the way of genuine chances.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 10:16 - Mar 5 with 3638 viewsToast_R

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:53 - Mar 5 by paulparker

that Gurning Cnt Lineker and his chummy pals like Shearer and savage all bantering about how each of them had no pace and that their goals are shown in black n white (yawn) basically the same old clichés when Hansen & Lawrenson were on
why anyone watches it is a mystery , especially when you can record the extended highlights off sky,

Don't show the highlights in HD though if you go through the Red Button.
Shocking really. I actually think they've downsized the quality of standard definition now. It looks like a dodgy internet stream.

You realise that SKY record everything in HD, then spend money downsizing the quality of the picture to standard definition. They then charge you extra for the original HD quality. What a scam.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 10:24 - Mar 5 with 3597 viewsjohncharles

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:53 - Mar 5 by paulparker

The world is a much better place since I stopped watching MOTD.

Strong and stable my arse.

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 11:36 - Mar 5 with 3482 viewsHarbour

there are only interested in the top 6 and other large clubs. The highlights are rubbish the pundits are rubbish...waste of time watching it
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 11:43 - Mar 5 with 3458 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 11:36 - Mar 5 by Harbour

there are only interested in the top 6 and other large clubs. The highlights are rubbish the pundits are rubbish...waste of time watching it

So i'm the only one who thinks it's alright then, QPR losses aside.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 12:32 - Mar 5 with 3361 viewsBasingstokeR

Haven't watched it regularly since the season we stayed up on the final day at Man City.

Whenever I've dipped in recently; its stengthened my view you can just watch the highlights of what you're interested in online - in more detail; without the poor/contentious punditry.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 13:12 - Mar 5 with 3268 viewsHarbour

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 12:32 - Mar 5 by BasingstokeR

Haven't watched it regularly since the season we stayed up on the final day at Man City.

Whenever I've dipped in recently; its stengthened my view you can just watch the highlights of what you're interested in online - in more detail; without the poor/contentious punditry.

yes agree i video mod and fast foward the GL ML pundtry and just watch the 3 mins of the rs match...!
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 15:08 - Mar 5 with 3113 viewskarlski

P Neville is absolutely appalling and makes Shearer and Savage look wise and eloquent. It's laughable.

Then again he must be devastated that Gary got both the looks and intelligence in the family...
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 15:19 - Mar 5 with 3087 viewsPinnerPaul

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:44 - Mar 5 by daveB

I agree that was poor editorial judgement, especially as match commentator AND Wenger referenced how well we had played in the first half!

Poor - but edits always vary in quality depending on who producer is of that match - you can tell the good from the poor!
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 15:20 - Mar 5 with 3087 viewsBedford_R

They started the highlights on the 33rd minute. Suppose there was nothing worth broadcasting before then. ...

RMH_R Reborn

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 15:31 - Mar 5 with 3071 viewsPinnerPaul

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 11:43 - Mar 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

So i'm the only one who thinks it's alright then, QPR losses aside.

They only show corners if something happens from them/subs are shown coming on only if they are going to score/overuse of cut aways of managers/no flow to edit - corner shown last night without seeing how corner was won/edits too tight - go to replays while ball still in penalty area quite regularly/commentators & pundits don't know laws of the game - Howard Webb wrote in the Times this week that they ring him up on Saturdays asking about law queries

Apart from all that its OK
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 16:50 - Mar 5 with 2957 viewsNW5Hoop

The game finished at 9.40. That leaves them far less time than on a Saturday to do the edit. So they go for things that are in easily digestible chunks rather than bitty fragments. The less time you have to do an edit of anything, the harder it is to make it accurate and all encompassing.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 17:00 - Mar 5 with 2928 viewsPinnerPaul

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 16:50 - Mar 5 by NW5Hoop

The game finished at 9.40. That leaves them far less time than on a Saturday to do the edit. So they go for things that are in easily digestible chunks rather than bitty fragments. The less time you have to do an edit of anything, the harder it is to make it accurate and all encompassing.

The criticisms I have above above apply to Saturday/Sunday & midweek versions!
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 17:15 - Mar 5 with 2899 viewseasthertsr

Look, the programme is total sh1te! The juvenile 'banter' of the tw@t presenters/pundits is embarrassing,nd their kowtowing and favouritism to the 'big' clubs is blatant and continuous.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 17:22 - Mar 5 with 2889 viewsDorse

Generally, I enjoy MOTD highlights but that is speaking from a position of ignorance. I mean, Aston Villa versus Stoke, for example: why the hell would I know or care what actually happened? I feel sorry for the poor schmuck that has to edit that down to actually find 8 mins of entertainment. Fair play to them. I imagine the scene to closely resemble McDowell getting the treatment in Clockwork Orange.

My views on pundits are well documented, especially on the Savage-Claridge axis of evil. I've previously watched our matches and caught the highlights later and generally been underwhelmed. My biggest bugbear is with the utter lack of research done by the commentary / punditry teams. They clearly know absolutely nothing about the squad, club, stadium, management or, it would seem, football. They trot out the same 'facts' each time: expensively assembled, Taraabt has been a huge influence, the pitch is very tight, Harry has done well in the market etc etc etfukingcetera. They should either do the research or go forth and multiply.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 17:38 - Mar 5 with 2862 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Match of the Fcking Day ! on 09:44 - Mar 5 by daveB

Or Matty Phillips effort in the second.
Match of the Fcking Day ! on 08:47 - Mar 6 with 2573 viewsPinnerPaul

I found an 8' highlight edit on line and that included (in error) 8 replays of Charlie's near miss in the first half and team line ups.

It was far more representative of what actually happened on the night and no reason on earth why BBC could not have produced a better 8' edit themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024