Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sexism in football 18:36 - Mar 5 with 8083 viewskysersosaqpr

Bbc news reporting sexism in football. Man Utd and Man City in denial, and most blokes interviewed dismissed it as "banter". Ive never noticed any at loftus road, but are we better than most?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Sexism in football on 15:07 - Mar 6 with 2650 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not offended by sexism, I just think that sexists are cnts.

Sorry if that's cntist.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sexism in football on 15:10 - Mar 6 with 2646 viewssimmo

Sexism in football on 08:14 - Mar 6 by connell10

well yeah...can i bang her back doors off please!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sexism in football on 17:11 - Mar 6 with 2581 viewsWesty75

Sexism in football on 10:56 - Mar 6 by Konk

"Show us where you piss from you slag hahahahaha show us your minge" Junior psychology ahoy, but as well as having a troubled relationship with his Mother/sister(s), I would put money on the bloke who shouted this being:

(a) Deeply, deeply sexually frustrated
(b) An angry, confused closet homose xual
(c) Unfortunate looking, overweight and blowing all his overtime on cheap prostitutes and cheap cakes.

I don’t know how many of you have had the boot on the other foot, but I once spent a very uncomfortable London > Birmingham train journey, penned in my window seat, surrounded by a group of about twenty women on a hen do, who spent most of the journey speculating on the size of my cock, what my favourite se xual positions were etc. It wasn’t much fun. And when I was sixteen and working in Manufacturing, when I went on to the shop floor, I got the same “banter” and so I used to dread going into the factory. It wasn’t flattering, it didn’t make me feel good and the entire point of the exercise was to embarrass and humiliate me.

Personally, I want to be able to take my son/wife to the football without having to explain why a load of fat middle-aged blokes are singing “Get your tits out for the lads” at any woman from 14 upwards that happens to be on the edge of the pitch selling raffle tickets, programmes, kit-kats etc or working as a steward. And I expect they’d like to come to work and not hear that being sung at them. Same for women blatantly asking for it by walking through carriages full of football fans, on their way to the buffet car.

This probably makes me a boring bas tard, but other than idiots getting stick for acting like divs, I’d like everyone to be able to go to the football without being made to feel uncomfortable, regardless of their race, gender, religion, sexual-orientation etc. To anyone who thinks it’s megalolz and Grade A banter, would you like it if you were walking down the street with your wife or daughter and a load of blokes started singing "Get your tits out for the lads/Do you take it up the ar se?" at them? Unless you were an idiot, probably not.

...and let that be the end of it.

Well said mate.
Sexism in football on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 2511 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

"Show us where you piss from you slag hahahahaha show us your minge" Junior psychology ahoy, but as well as having a troubled relationship with his Mother/sister(s), I would put money on the bloke who shouted this being:

(c) Unfortunate looking, overweight and blowing all his overtime on cheap prostitutes and cheap cakes.

I don’t know how many of you have had the boot on the other foot, but I once spent a very uncomfortable London > Birmingham train journey, penned in my window seat, surrounded by a group of about twenty women on a hen do, who spent most of the journey speculating on the size of my cock, what my favourite se xual positions were etc. It wasn’t much fun. And when I was sixteen and working in Manufacturing, when I went on to the shop floor, I got the same “banter” and so I used to dread going into the factory. It wasn’t flattering, it didn’t make me feel good and the entire point of the exercise was to embarrass and humiliate me.

Personally, I want to be able to take my son/wife to the football without having to explain why a load of fat middle-aged blokes are singing “Get your tits out for the lads” at any woman from 14 upwards that happens to be on the edge of the pitch selling raffle tickets, programmes, kit-kats etc or working as a steward. And I expect they’d like to come to work and not hear that being sung at them. Same for women blatantly asking for it by walking through carriages full of football fans, on their way to the buffet car.

This probably makes me a boring bas tard, but other than idiots getting stick for acting like divs, I’d like everyone to be able to go to the football without being made to feel uncomfortable, regardless of their race, gender, religion, sexual-orientation etc. To anyone who thinks it’s megalolz and Grade A banter, would you like it if you were walking down the street with your wife or daughter and a load of blokes started singing "Get your tits out for the lads/Do you take it up the ar se?" at them? Unless you were an idiot, probably not.

Devil's advocate...

I'd find it even more difficult explaining to my son/wife why I think that said chanters are w4nkers (sexually frustrated), closet homos, ugly (unfortunate looking), fat and also knowing that they spend their money on whores and cakes!

The wife.. "How do you know what they spend their money on, eh?"

Me.. "Er, I just do, ok??"

The wife.. "Do you know any of them? That one over there is waving at you and shouting your name.."

Me.. "Do as he says and get your t1ts out.."
Sexism in football on 07:19 - Aug 20 with 1523 viewsBluce_Ree

Lazio 'Ultras' want women banned from part of the stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45240304

They really are the biggest dickheads. If being an ultra wasn't embarrassing enough they've somehow managed to actually make the fact that they are all pathetic manbabies even worse.

C*nts.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Sexism in football on 07:26 - Aug 20 with 1512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

v Peterborough I heard someone shout 'get your tits out Blondie' at the away end, and some fat geezer pulled his top up and gave them a jiggle. Funny stuff.
Sexism in football on 08:26 - Aug 20 with 1462 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let me just get my tin hat in advance of what I am going to say....

For many years I dealt with some horrendous cases of sex and race discrimination. The worst was arguably, a woman picked upon by senior managers when they discovered that the reason for her, let's just say, absence from work, was the 'hell' she was going through at the prospect of having to go to court to give evidence against the man who had raped her.

Think about that, you go to work to have the make colleagues rip into you over something like that! What kind of marriages/relationships are those blokes in.

Some of the race stuff I have encountered around the world has been staggering in its sadness. As a person with a disability, I have been truly blessed that what I have encountered as a little boy growing up in west London, is barely resonant in the great scale of things that I have encountered.

But here's the thing - adjusting tin hat - while we can focus on the bad, there comes a time when you need to spend more time focusing on the good. Discrimination is an attitudinal thing that isn't changeable because of a piece of legislation; it's something that requires generational change.

Just looking at my experience: prior to the 1960s, people with disabilities were often sent to special schools, away from the mainstream, with the intention that they would do something menial. Today in 2018, it is light years away in terms of progress and improving by the day. Two million Brits applied for tickets for the 2012 Paralympics; 'The Last Leg' is probably watched by more people without disabilities than with; and UK workplaces/universities are more populated with persons with disabilities than at any other time in our history.

The days of throwing bananas on the pitch at black players are long gone. If Eze scores a goal we celebrate because of the colour of his kit (even if it's that effing fuchsia one), not react to the colour of his skin - compare that with Barnes' goal in Rio many years back.

Things have improved ten-fold from what they were. Is it as good as it could be and needs to be? Well not yet it ain't but we're further down the road towards achieving it than we have been.

Women are the penultimate taboo area in football, the LGBT folks being the last. But slowly it's moving forward and things are changing. Personally, I think woman can help themselves by not throwing themselves at married footballers solely because they are footballers and actually going to support womens' teams in the numbers that they do their mens' equivalents.

Too often we revel in the bad and not focus on the good. It would be good if the BBC could highlight some of the steps that have and are being taken. To that end, as a mess of a club that we are, QPR have made some massive strides on behalf of minority groups - arguably, it's the only thing we have been good at!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sexism in football on 10:02 - Aug 20 with 1438 viewsNW5Hoop

Sexism in football on 08:26 - Aug 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Let me just get my tin hat in advance of what I am going to say....

For many years I dealt with some horrendous cases of sex and race discrimination. The worst was arguably, a woman picked upon by senior managers when they discovered that the reason for her, let's just say, absence from work, was the 'hell' she was going through at the prospect of having to go to court to give evidence against the man who had raped her.

Think about that, you go to work to have the make colleagues rip into you over something like that! What kind of marriages/relationships are those blokes in.

Some of the race stuff I have encountered around the world has been staggering in its sadness. As a person with a disability, I have been truly blessed that what I have encountered as a little boy growing up in west London, is barely resonant in the great scale of things that I have encountered.

But here's the thing - adjusting tin hat - while we can focus on the bad, there comes a time when you need to spend more time focusing on the good. Discrimination is an attitudinal thing that isn't changeable because of a piece of legislation; it's something that requires generational change.

Just looking at my experience: prior to the 1960s, people with disabilities were often sent to special schools, away from the mainstream, with the intention that they would do something menial. Today in 2018, it is light years away in terms of progress and improving by the day. Two million Brits applied for tickets for the 2012 Paralympics; 'The Last Leg' is probably watched by more people without disabilities than with; and UK workplaces/universities are more populated with persons with disabilities than at any other time in our history.

The days of throwing bananas on the pitch at black players are long gone. If Eze scores a goal we celebrate because of the colour of his kit (even if it's that effing fuchsia one), not react to the colour of his skin - compare that with Barnes' goal in Rio many years back.

Things have improved ten-fold from what they were. Is it as good as it could be and needs to be? Well not yet it ain't but we're further down the road towards achieving it than we have been.

Women are the penultimate taboo area in football, the LGBT folks being the last. But slowly it's moving forward and things are changing. Personally, I think woman can help themselves by not throwing themselves at married footballers solely because they are footballers and actually going to support womens' teams in the numbers that they do their mens' equivalents.

Too often we revel in the bad and not focus on the good. It would be good if the BBC could highlight some of the steps that have and are being taken. To that end, as a mess of a club that we are, QPR have made some massive strides on behalf of minority groups - arguably, it's the only thing we have been good at!

"Personally, I think woman can help themselves by not throwing themselves at married footballers solely because they are footballers"

And what proportion of women do this? Is it an epidemic of women throwing themselves at footballers? Do all women do it? And should we assume that as long as some tiny number of women does it, then it's women's fault they get harrassed?

Sensible post until that line.
Login to get fewer ads

Sexism in football on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 1416 views2Thomas2Bowles

There is sexism in every walk of life.

Now we have that established

Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost overnight

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sexism in football on 12:37 - Aug 20 with 1356 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sexism in football on 10:02 - Aug 20 by NW5Hoop

"Personally, I think woman can help themselves by not throwing themselves at married footballers solely because they are footballers"

And what proportion of women do this? Is it an epidemic of women throwing themselves at footballers? Do all women do it? And should we assume that as long as some tiny number of women does it, then it's women's fault they get harrassed?

Sensible post until that line.

Am I to assume you don't have issue with gold-diggers targetting doppy married footballers? Both and to be clear, that includes the male in this; are as culpable and often as stupid as the other.

I have no problem with single girls and boys getting it on and frankly, if a married footballer wants to conduct himself like a dog with two dicks, that's look out. But those times where I've been in places where footballers are, I am often scratching my head at the antics of some women throwing themselves at footballers. Maybe it's progress that its footballers and not race horses they are throwing themselves at: so yeah, I do wonder how this helps women.

People often forget there is often a perfectly respectable woman who is the real victim here; the footballer's wife (and maybe their kids if they have any). You should read Nicola Smith's article about the conduct of women around her than fella, Teddy Sheringham and ask yourself: what women like her feel when other women are elbowing them out the way to drop their number in her husband's pocket?

All things considered, I rather suspect the views of Ms Smith, Rooney's wife and others like them about such women and such footballers, are not a million miles away from mine and frankly, I suspect their views rank higher than the rest of us.

As to how many? Who knows? That is not the issue per se. But the negative crap that flows from salacious allegations in the red tops does no one any favours: women, footballers or the game for that matter.

However, if it was an effort on your part to interpret what I have said about the conduct of the parties as being in someway shape or form, justifying a woman being assaulted or worse, then frankly it was risible in the extreme. If not, then I trust I have assuaged your fears.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sexism in football on 13:26 - Aug 20 with 1316 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh the irony of the BBC reporting sexism.

1) How about reportimg the correct name of the Women's competitions when you publish the results. Yesterday BBC said QPR were playing in Women's Premier League South - we are not. Its now the Women's National League. What was the Super League 1 (the top div) has become the Premier League.

2) Most, including QPR, have changed from Ladies to Women, but BBC lazily just report all teams names as they were previously.

When looking at sexism, maybe they should look at own staff first!
Sexism in football on 23:26 - Aug 20 with 1249 viewssmegma

Sexism in football on 13:26 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

Oh the irony of the BBC reporting sexism.

1) How about reportimg the correct name of the Women's competitions when you publish the results. Yesterday BBC said QPR were playing in Women's Premier League South - we are not. Its now the Women's National League. What was the Super League 1 (the top div) has become the Premier League.

2) Most, including QPR, have changed from Ladies to Women, but BBC lazily just report all teams names as they were previously.

When looking at sexism, maybe they should look at own staff first!

BBC could start with parity with male/female pay
Sexism in football on 23:28 - Aug 20 with 1240 viewssmegma

Not a boring b'stard at all. Just a normal regular bloke who obviously has more than one brain cell and uses it .Apart from your taste in football clubs OK !!!
Sexism in football on 23:35 - Aug 20 with 1233 viewsNW5Hoop

Sexism in football on 12:37 - Aug 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Am I to assume you don't have issue with gold-diggers targetting doppy married footballers? Both and to be clear, that includes the male in this; are as culpable and often as stupid as the other.

I have no problem with single girls and boys getting it on and frankly, if a married footballer wants to conduct himself like a dog with two dicks, that's look out. But those times where I've been in places where footballers are, I am often scratching my head at the antics of some women throwing themselves at footballers. Maybe it's progress that its footballers and not race horses they are throwing themselves at: so yeah, I do wonder how this helps women.

People often forget there is often a perfectly respectable woman who is the real victim here; the footballer's wife (and maybe their kids if they have any). You should read Nicola Smith's article about the conduct of women around her than fella, Teddy Sheringham and ask yourself: what women like her feel when other women are elbowing them out the way to drop their number in her husband's pocket?

All things considered, I rather suspect the views of Ms Smith, Rooney's wife and others like them about such women and such footballers, are not a million miles away from mine and frankly, I suspect their views rank higher than the rest of us.

As to how many? Who knows? That is not the issue per se. But the negative crap that flows from salacious allegations in the red tops does no one any favours: women, footballers or the game for that matter.

However, if it was an effort on your part to interpret what I have said about the conduct of the parties as being in someway shape or form, justifying a woman being assaulted or worse, then frankly it was risible in the extreme. If not, then I trust I have assuaged your fears.

Mate, what has the behaviour of those women got to do with sexism against women in general? That's my point. You said "women don't help themselves" because a tiny number of women do that. It was a stupid thing to say.
Sexism in football on 02:05 - Aug 21 with 1191 viewsBoston

Well remember when I purchased my first property, still a young whippersnapper, the only person in my circle to be a homeowner. Down the Norfolk Arms that evening I was informed by a local lovely that she hadn’t realized how good looking I was.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sexism in football on 06:36 - Aug 21 with 1147 viewsdistortR

Sexism in football on 02:05 - Aug 21 by Boston

Well remember when I purchased my first property, still a young whippersnapper, the only person in my circle to be a homeowner. Down the Norfolk Arms that evening I was informed by a local lovely that she hadn’t realized how good looking I was.

boston embraces victimhood
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024