Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey 09:40 - Mar 6 with 5570 viewsNorthernr

Updates on all things Spurs and Tim Sherwood, maybe a couple of seconds on QPR, and another round of 'ask the black man' about whatever discrimination story is floating around this week.

Morning, morning, morning. Rubs hands together.

Here comes Darmeshthshthe Sheshthsheh from Sky.

We've obviously got players with knocks. All in all we're waiting on a few. Nedum has a big cut in his face. Isla's knee is sore. Not sure if Darnell will make it, he has a sore calf. Fairly good shape apart from that. Taarabt getting fit, had a groin injury.

The bottom three are there now, and the three above them, five or six in the mix. 37 or 40 to stay up. We have to start winning soon. Next game, three points, next target.

The pressure is always there, it's difficult to keep players calm and keep their anxiety down. The important thing is stick to the plans we've made.

It's an incentive for me to keep the club up more that it's a great club and the fans deserve Premier League football, that's the incentive not my job.

Proved my point at Tottenham already, don't need to do that. Employed there nine years, involved with the first team at the end, happy for the years I spent there, great fans and a board and now a great management team doing well. Nothing but admiration for them.

Left on good terms. No story here Darmesthshth, move on.

Let the fellating of Harry Kane begin.

Harry learnt quite a bit from Les in training. When you're developing players you have to dream alongside the player, if you don't you're not believing what you're teaching. Harry and the other players there train to the maximum every day, great role models for young kids, excellent young boys, technical ability and game awareness top notch. They have a fantastic academy and good coaches. They try to produce top class players.

He hasn't surprised me. Not really. Sometimes you have to have an opportunity to play. When we played him last season the fans weren't having him, we got a lot of flak for sticking with him. In English football a lot of clubs have to stick their neck out to get English players playing in the premier League. A lot of the foreign players who cost a lot of money don't produce.

They;ve got Rose, Bentaleb, Mason. Few others yet to break through. They're stacked up.

Not in competition with Tim Sherwood, I'm in competition with Aston Villa. We'll talk as we normally do outside football, but not in competition with him.

"But are you talking as much as you did before"

Similar amount.

"When you saw him running down the touchline celebrating were you happy for him?"

Fck me sideways.

Happy for him, not for Aaston Villa.

The wnk off question, as if there isn't enough sperm flying about here, is about spitting.

It's the lowest thing you can do. Most people would take a slap rather than spat at.

We're now putting a league table together of bad things. It's one of the worst things apparently. Maybe worse than a bad tackle, not as bad as an episode of Surprise Surprise with Cilla Black.

I'd like to take the first hour of the Arsenal game. They've got high quality all round the pitch, so the levels of concentration have to be high at all times. If we can take first hour and replicate it we'll be ok next few games.

When you're in a downward spiral, that shot from Charlie Austin before half time goes wide when it could go in. We couldn't get that goal to put us in front. Performance wise we took positives but we just couldn't keep the level of focus long enough to stop them.

Sandro level of match conditioning isn't where it needs to be. He'll last a bit longer tomorrow and he'll play an important part.

It's in our hands tomorrow, it's a game we need to win. They're a good team but the players have their pride and they know going into this if we can get three points we're out the bottom three and the fight is on. The fight will be on regardless.

Ask the black man commences. Chelsea fans.

Take the word Chelsea out of it. They're not fans. They have those views and they support Chelsea in their way. Yet again we need to eradicate it from society rather than viewing it as a problem that Chelsea have. Chelsea do great community, will be disappointed.

Should football do more?

We need to do more as a society.

Shoot me in the face with a massive gun.

A lot of time people claim things, it wasn't just me at Spurs, there are a host of coaches there. All did work weith these players. I'm not saying I'm kryptonite for them. Haven't got any special formula to stop them. I want to maximise the ability of the players we have here, get them to the best of their ability.

Wally Downes Jnr pushing this.

I know their strengths. You need to be mindful of their strengths. I want to focus on the strength of my players to combat their strengths.

I do have an aggressive side to me. At the moment I have no cause to outwardly show it. I'm sure it will be shown at some stage. I don't suppress emotions, they're bubbling. The players have to know that I'm focused and the players need that focus as well. If we're losing our rag, we can't stick to the plan.

Bondy starts to idly tinkle the high notes.

Bobby has an aggressive side, he's a handful and causes problems. He's been fantastic in and around...

... the changing room. The players are together, they want to win, they want to stay up. Some of the perforances ghave been quite good. You can't be unlucky all the time. Our professionalism has to be right at the top level.

Turning Harry over now for a rim job.

He was good enough before. It's not all about players from other countries with exotic names. Managers unde rpressure stick to the tried and tested expensive players. We have a lot of good young English players who could play in the Premier League, they should be treated the same. If they don't gain that experience how can we have a strong antional team? Treat them the same, don't treat them more harshly than people with big price tags and names.

Charlie and Harry up front for England would be a dream. Hard working, focused, match for any defence.

And we're done

Seven minutes of Bondy to liven the job up a bit.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:06 - Mar 6 with 1327 viewsDiscodroids

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 11:45 - Mar 6 by danehoop

Warning, do not bait Disco with logic or fact, lest ye stir the wrath of slightly unbalanced one to the point that he smites thee with outrageous verbosity!

You have been warned.....

the thing is dane, im waiting for some hat stand to come round and pick up a dinning room table and chairs that i flogged on e bay and he's two hours late and i need to get out and get my haircut, do some shopping for the mrs , have a cheeky pint and get back in time for my mother in laws 70th birthday dinner ...

suffice to say, im a bit tense at the moment and the names of zamora and krancjar , who im sure are very nice blokes , but shite footballers will have me reaching for frankie frasers straight jacket.

i think its a bi polar thing
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 12:07]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 1318 viewsdanehoop

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:06 - Mar 6 by Discodroids

the thing is dane, im waiting for some hat stand to come round and pick up a dinning room table and chairs that i flogged on e bay and he's two hours late and i need to get out and get my haircut, do some shopping for the mrs , have a cheeky pint and get back in time for my mother in laws 70th birthday dinner ...

suffice to say, im a bit tense at the moment and the names of zamora and krancjar , who im sure are very nice blokes , but shite footballers will have me reaching for frankie frasers straight jacket.

i think its a bi polar thing
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 12:07]

Perfectly understandable in the circumstances. It is well known that two players names in particular tend to result in a wonderful explosion of spleen venting from the Eastern Quarter of this fair city.

Never knowingly understood

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:12 - Mar 6 with 1309 viewsdaveB

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 11:51 - Mar 6 by Doughnut

Chances of beating Spurs...Nil.....Chances of beating re-vitalised Palace away....nil...Chances of beating re-vitalised WBA away....nil...by which time we'll be well adrift. All this high dudgeon over tactics and injured players is irrelevent. Even with our strongest team out there, we're gonna struggle. Relax, sit back and drift through each Saturday, having put Hope to one side.
Start again in August.

Do you tonight's lottery numbers as well? Good to know our results have all been agreed before we play
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:17 - Mar 6 with 1304 viewsEastR

Where's Zarate?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:21 - Mar 6 with 1299 viewsderbyhoop

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 10:20 - Mar 6 by simmo

'If we can take first hour and replicate it we'll be ok next few games.'

Does that mean the same 4-4-2 with hoofballs to Bobby Zamora? FFS...

Chelsea showed how to nullify Tottenham, take Eriksen out and they lose their link to Kane. Big job for Sandro and Henry

Fck me Simmo. I bet Ramsey's been on the phone to discuss the insights you can bring that he'd never have worked out for himself.

There's hardly anybody on this board recommending a reliance on Zamora. But in the absence of better alternatives that's what we've had to do. Testimony to the legacy left by the last 2 managers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:32 - Mar 6 with 1277 viewssimmo

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:21 - Mar 6 by derbyhoop

Fck me Simmo. I bet Ramsey's been on the phone to discuss the insights you can bring that he'd never have worked out for himself.

There's hardly anybody on this board recommending a reliance on Zamora. But in the absence of better alternatives that's what we've had to do. Testimony to the legacy left by the last 2 managers.

I don't think that is our only alternative. I can appreciate, because I am not the idiot your condescension suggests, that we are short on options due to a mixture of injuries, suspensions and awful dealing from a previous manager. But people are going on like he's all we have, like lumping the ball forwards looking for the % play is all we can do. I am suggesting we try a different way, the outcome may be the same, but it would save my eyes from looking at direct balls up to the footballing equivalent of an Ent.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:36 - Mar 6 with 1265 viewskarl

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:21 - Mar 6 by derbyhoop

I dont have stats but my memory is that Charlie started looking good when BZ featured regularly and we pushed 10-20yds further up the pitch. When Charlie starts dropping deeper and doing a lot of the link up work his goalscoring inevitably suffers, of course its longer balls to BZ with little link up.
Tbf i think Adel would be a good partner but i'm not so sure Vargas is, although Vargas and Zamora would likely work, again with long balls
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:44 - Mar 6 with 1252 viewsPhilmyRs

I understand why Zamora’s starting. If Tottenham’s centre backs were given a choice of 60-70 minutes of Zamora fighting with them and making life difficult, or a link man floating around midfield, looking tidy but generally being ineffective, they’d go for the link man I’m sure.

Yes a number 10 can work if your wide men get in the box, or you have midfield runners from deep. To put such a side together you’d probably need Fer in the team (not possible) and Vargas and/or Zarate. By doing that though our most effective midfielder in recent weeks (Phillips) probably couldn’t be picked.

Realistically we had a choice of Bobby starting and playing 70 minutes against Arsenal or doing so against Spurs. In the end, due to injuries he ended up playing a full 90 on Wednesday so that effectively rules him out tomorrow. We now have to change and try something new.

The forgotten man, but someone I consider a classy player, is Vargas. He’s not really had a run playing up front, so I’d like us to try and get him in the team, playing off Austin, not alongside him, detailed to put Mason under pressure and test his composure. Although Phillips merits his place in the side I don’t think we can afford to go into the game with 2 out and out wingers. Hoillet has to make way. A controversial choice given his performance on Wednesday, but I’d start Niko wide left. Sandro and Henry are ball winners, not play makers, the set piece threat and normally decent passing range will at least add some creativity to the side. I also thought he played well from the left against Sunderland.

Of all the players available (excluding Austin), you can see Vargas and possibly Niko from a set piece, chipping in with the odd goal. I can’t see where else our goals will come from.
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:53 - Mar 6 with 1234 viewsHunterhoop

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 10:20 - Mar 6 by simmo

'If we can take first hour and replicate it we'll be ok next few games.'

Does that mean the same 4-4-2 with hoofballs to Bobby Zamora? FFS...

Chelsea showed how to nullify Tottenham, take Eriksen out and they lose their link to Kane. Big job for Sandro and Henry

But we were bloody good for the first hour, mate. And I don't think it was hoofball. Our strategy appeared to be about getting it down and wide and then having our wingers and full backs get the by line and put a cross in. I'm happy with that approach. Phillips is putting some fantastic crosses at the moment.
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:03 - Mar 6 with 1219 viewssimmo

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:53 - Mar 6 by Hunterhoop

But we were bloody good for the first hour, mate. And I don't think it was hoofball. Our strategy appeared to be about getting it down and wide and then having our wingers and full backs get the by line and put a cross in. I'm happy with that approach. Phillips is putting some fantastic crosses at the moment.

Let's wait and see, we could replicate the good parts against Arsenal and get the result we need against Spurs, I hope we do anyway. It's so frustrating to have the injuries we do - this wouldn't even be an issue!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:19 - Mar 6 with 1183 viewsDiscodroids

'making life difficult'

Definition..

bobby zamora doing the sioux war dance at corners

bobby zamora needing the oxygen tank more times in 90 minutes than frank booth in blue velvet.

bobby zamora 'running the channels',and 'working the center backs' for ten minutes in the first half and then having his skeleton fitted with adamantium , wolverine style to rebuild him.

bobby zamora ' recieving the ball through on goal, then being casually overtaken and relieved of the offending hot potato by a defender while he does a rubic cube

bobby zamora ' pulling a face like a gurning e head at 6 am in the psychedelic goa trance tent after 6 micky mills when fluffing a six yarder with head, left foot or right foot( our bobby doesnt discriminate)

bobby zamora gingerly rubbing his back and pursing his lips like benard cribbens with lumbago and a heavy shopping bag when he falls to the ground after jumping 3/4" into the air

[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 13:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:32 - Mar 6 with 1170 viewsTheBlob

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 11:26 - Mar 6 by daveB

Sorry but the other options are limited and against an Arsenal side who have struggled against set pieces and crosses it made sense to start Zamora the other night. Tomorrow may well be different and I'd start with Vargas or Zarate for this game and use Zamora from the bench late on if needed but I think this snobbery about Zamora is ridiculous. He's done well for us this season.

How do you define this as "snobbery"?It's plain as the nose on your face what the situation is,it's not some kind of social experiment.You show me another side that has achieved success by hoofball up to a tall immobile lump to head down to no one in particular when he's not barging into and fouling everything that moves?Even Stoke mix it up.
Okay it might not work but at least can we try and thread the ball through for someone to run on to - when was the last time that happened?Adel was the only one who made a passable(no pun intended)imitation of a weighted pass.No,it's going to be the same old story.Two lines of attack - the hoofball from Green or central defender,the attempted cross from Philips(after a couple of cosmetic stepovers)which are closed down by the extra defender or two.You can't keep on relying on Charlie to do everything for himself.
I'm afraid we are royally f*cked amigos if we don't try something different.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 13:34]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:43 - Mar 6 with 1140 viewsDiscodroids

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:32 - Mar 6 by TheBlob

How do you define this as "snobbery"?It's plain as the nose on your face what the situation is,it's not some kind of social experiment.You show me another side that has achieved success by hoofball up to a tall immobile lump to head down to no one in particular when he's not barging into and fouling everything that moves?Even Stoke mix it up.
Okay it might not work but at least can we try and thread the ball through for someone to run on to - when was the last time that happened?Adel was the only one who made a passable(no pun intended)imitation of a weighted pass.No,it's going to be the same old story.Two lines of attack - the hoofball from Green or central defender,the attempted cross from Philips(after a couple of cosmetic stepovers)which are closed down by the extra defender or two.You can't keep on relying on Charlie to do everything for himself.

100% spot on uncle.

been saying the same fkn thing all season. the sacred scrolls state we must play a target man'.. charlie needs zamora with him as much as i need a parasitic twin with the smug face of bradley walsh exploding from my chest.

vargas's time has been totally wasted here.

i wish this cnt would hurry up and pick up this fackin table..
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 13:46]

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:54 - Mar 6 with 1123 viewsNorthernr

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:43 - Mar 6 by Discodroids

100% spot on uncle.

been saying the same fkn thing all season. the sacred scrolls state we must play a target man'.. charlie needs zamora with him as much as i need a parasitic twin with the smug face of bradley walsh exploding from my chest.

vargas's time has been totally wasted here.

i wish this cnt would hurry up and pick up this fackin table..
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 13:46]

Well I would certainly agree with you that we;re wasting Vargas. He's a fantastic striker, with a decent goal scoring record, and I can only recall us playing him up front once from the start - at Everton. by himself, when Joey gave them two goals before half time after we'd started quite well.
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:01 - Mar 6 with 1113 viewsTheBlob

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:54 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Well I would certainly agree with you that we;re wasting Vargas. He's a fantastic striker, with a decent goal scoring record, and I can only recall us playing him up front once from the start - at Everton. by himself, when Joey gave them two goals before half time after we'd started quite well.

And the Scouse home game where he should really have been credited with two goals.He's gradually had to adapt to the slightly slower pace here,when he first came he was buzzing.Actually I'll be interested to see how Chile use him and Zarate in their new lineups.We've still got a few fleet footed players to choose from,Vargas,Zarate,Hoillet,Phillips and even dear old SWP.Wingers often make excellent midfielders so why not pack it with players that can run through the middle and drift to the flanks if necessary?The old adage of "let the ball do the work" is redundant,possession is nine tenths of the law.

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:21 - Mar 6 with 1047 viewsJonDoeman

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 11:37 - Mar 6 by QPunkR

After one good and one decent game?!

Of course we're missing him terribly, one of the best players we've got when he's played in his proper position. I was watching that Sunderland match thinking he's going to be a big player for us in the run in. That injury is a cruel blow & oh so typically QPR!!

It Is What It Is !!

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:23 - Mar 6 with 1045 viewsJonDoeman

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:54 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Seems well out of favour with Ramsey, maybe the little boy Vargas isn't really giving a fck?

It Is What It Is !!

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:25 - Mar 6 with 1040 viewsTheBlob

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:23 - Mar 6 by JonDoeman

Seems well out of favour with Ramsey, maybe the little boy Vargas isn't really giving a fck?

Would you if you were shoved out on the wing?

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:31 - Mar 6 with 1033 viewsJonDoeman

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:25 - Mar 6 by TheBlob

He was trying hard enough at first then his form fell off a cliff. Can't be sure blobby, but I suspect what we have here is a loan player who knows he'll be elsewhere next season, giving up.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 14:32]

It Is What It Is !!

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:34 - Mar 6 with 1024 viewsHunterhoop

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 12:53 - Mar 6 by Hunterhoop

And just to be clear, mate. I'd start Vargas up top with Charlie and Adel (if he's overcome his groin strain) on the left. This idea that Zamora is good in the air is a myth. He's not. He's also not that "strong". He's just big, old and static. Guarantee a half decent centre half would rather deal with Bobby than Vargas.

Charlie and Vargas up top is our best strike partnership and both will be effective if we get the ball wide and ask our wingers to beat their man and sling it in.

Have Henry and Sandro in the middle, not overcommitting when we attack. Have the entire front 6 press the oppo high up the pitch. Have the back 4 include Nedum Onouha (unless he's dead) so we can defend high up the pitch without worrying about being burnt for pace in behind. Get the ball down, give it to the wingers, sling it in...Charlie...BOSH!

Easy,
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:35 - Mar 6 with 1023 viewsTheBlob

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:31 - Mar 6 by JonDoeman

He was trying hard enough at first then his form fell off a cliff. Can't be sure blobby, but I suspect what we have here is a loan player who knows he'll be elsewhere next season, giving up.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 14:32]

Could be.Same thing happened at Napoli where they insisted on him playing out wide.Chile play him centrally and in front of Sanchez and that's where he made his mark as one of the top ten international strikers around.
Hey,but wadda I know?

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:40 - Mar 6 with 1007 viewsPinnerPaul

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:25 - Mar 6 by TheBlob

Its only another part of fop, not Siberia!
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:51 - Mar 6 with 993 viewsdaveB

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 13:32 - Mar 6 by TheBlob

We're not playing hoofball though, far from it we're just using a target man to get Austin into good positions and it worked pretty well for the first half the other night. Sadly injuries meant we couldn't change it
Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:55 - Mar 6 with 985 viewsTheBlob

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:51 - Mar 6 by daveB

We're not playing hoofball though, far from it we're just using a target man to get Austin into good positions and it worked pretty well for the first half the other night. Sadly injuries meant we couldn't change it

Dave my old mucker,which games have you been watching?
It don't matter if you're wearing wellies or ballet shoes.
No matter how you slice it,it's the same old pie.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 14:57]

Tottenham's pre-match press conference, featuring Chris Ramsey on 14:56 - Mar 6 with 984 viewsdaveB

He started up front at home to Stoke as well and looked a bit lost so can see why they put him out wide, worth having another look at that but for me his shooting is too weak for this league, hope he proves me wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024