Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road 16:27 - Mar 6 with 1291 viewsShortcutRich

Hi guys,

I'm Richard. CEO of ShortcutApp. I just wanted to let you know that we've begun a trial at Loftus Rd to allow people to order food and drink from their phones. This means that you can skip the queue at half-time, not have to carry cash and not miss any of the match. You can order anytime from now up to half-time and specify when you want to pick it up.

You can get a £2.50 discount on your first order using the discount code 'QPR1' and you can download the app by clicking here - http://www.shortcutapp.com/app or by searching for 'shortcutapp' in the App or Google Play Store.

It's currently available only in the Ellerslie Rd Stand but we hope to spread it out soon. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Richard
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 16:44]
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 1270 viewsdaveB

how does it work, are the drinks left on the bar like at a theater for you to pick up or do you go to a special queue and collect drinks that way?
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 16:42 - Mar 6 with 1244 viewsShortcutRich

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 16:34 - Mar 6 by daveB

how does it work, are the drinks left on the bar like at a theater for you to pick up or do you go to a special queue and collect drinks that way?

You go to a special queue and pick them up there. We're currently operating at Kiosk24, in the centre of the Ellerslie Rd stand. If you go there with your order number, your order will be ready for collection immediately.
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 16:49 - Mar 6 with 1211 viewslondonscottish

Anything that gets round the queue problem is manna from heaven as far as I'm concerned.

When you're trying to catch up with mates or trying to keep multiple kids happy or both the multiple queues in the Upper Loft or Lower School and are a massive ballache and have been for years.

I'd happily trial it when it gets to one of those stands.

Incidentally I loved the fact that there were beer sellers in the corridors in the upper loft for the Arse game.

I was late and managed to buy a beer downstairs, neck it on the way up, and finish it as I ordered a hot dog. Classy it was not but as I'd been stuck in a massive traffic jam it was great to be able to buy a drink without queueing for the first time EVER :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 1172 viewsShortcutRich

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 16:49 - Mar 6 by londonscottish

Anything that gets round the queue problem is manna from heaven as far as I'm concerned.

When you're trying to catch up with mates or trying to keep multiple kids happy or both the multiple queues in the Upper Loft or Lower School and are a massive ballache and have been for years.

I'd happily trial it when it gets to one of those stands.

Incidentally I loved the fact that there were beer sellers in the corridors in the upper loft for the Arse game.

I was late and managed to buy a beer downstairs, neck it on the way up, and finish it as I ordered a hot dog. Classy it was not but as I'd been stuck in a massive traffic jam it was great to be able to buy a drink without queueing for the first time EVER :-)

Thanks for your positive response! I'll let you know as soon as we expand beyond Ellerslie.

Richard
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 1158 viewsBlackCrowe

If it works (i.e. the queue for collection isn't as bad as the other queue) then I think it's a great innovation. I never buy from the kiosk in Paddock at half time because it's too much flipping hassle with two people serving all of East Paddock.

Could you also invent an app that scores more goals than the opposition for us as well please. Thanks in advance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:07 - Mar 6 with 1155 viewssimmo

So you'll wait in the queue to collect your pre-ordered stuff rather than the queue to order :-)

Hope it works out though, in theory it should be much quicker and would save a lot of hassle!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:09 - Mar 6 with 1144 viewsFredManRave

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:07 - Mar 6 by simmo

So you'll wait in the queue to collect your pre-ordered stuff rather than the queue to order :-)

Hope it works out though, in theory it should be much quicker and would save a lot of hassle!

But surely if everybody uses it then the Pre-Order queue will be longer than the normal queue?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:10 - Mar 6 with 1142 viewsqueensparker

Really glad someone's trying to sort out the queues in Ellerslie. If you don't leave before the whistle you basically can't get a drink at the moment. And if you do manage to get one, you get about 2 mins to neck it.

Good luck with it, will be giving it a go!
Login to get fewer ads

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 1111 viewsWesty75

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:06 - Mar 6 by BlackCrowe

If it works (i.e. the queue for collection isn't as bad as the other queue) then I think it's a great innovation. I never buy from the kiosk in Paddock at half time because it's too much flipping hassle with two people serving all of East Paddock.

Could you also invent an app that scores more goals than the opposition for us as well please. Thanks in advance.

I would pay handsomely for a service that would have a piss for you at half time.
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 1038 viewsShortcutRich

No waiting in queue - it's a very quick pick up. Why don't you try it tomorrow and see :)
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 1035 viewsShortcutRich

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:10 - Mar 6 by queensparker

Really glad someone's trying to sort out the queues in Ellerslie. If you don't leave before the whistle you basically can't get a drink at the moment. And if you do manage to get one, you get about 2 mins to neck it.

Good luck with it, will be giving it a go!

Great! Thanks. Don't forget your discount code!
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 18:16 - Mar 6 with 1027 viewsShortcutRich

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:09 - Mar 6 by FredManRave

But surely if everybody uses it then the Pre-Order queue will be longer than the normal queue?!

Because it's been pre-ordered, it's bagged and ready for you when you arrive. Transaction time is about 2-3 seconds compared to 2 minutes in the normal queue. The pre-order line is barely there because it moves so fast :) Give it a try and see!
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 1020 viewsizlingtonhoop

Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 17:09 - Mar 6 by FredManRave

Something that came to my mind, just a night or two ago, I don't know why or what I was thinking about.
We arrived at Ibiza airport, and our queue for the EasyJet flight was next to the express - or what ever they call the extra tenner queue - for the same flight and we went went through faster!

Edit: Small victories, eh?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 18:21]
Food/Drink Pre-Ordering at Loftus Road on 18:23 - Mar 6 with 1005 viewsJamie

Better than queuing for 20 minutes to find out they have a Bovril, a pack of ready salted crisps and an Irn Bru left..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024