Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Austin Conundrum 13:42 - Mar 14 with 2167 viewsbaz_qpr

Can't hold the ball up, not enough pace to stretch the opposition - Brilliant in a two when he has someone to do one of those things alongside him.

Failure to buy a partner and the limitations that it forces on the team has been one of the real issues this and last season
The Austin Conundrum on 13:45 - Mar 14 with 2136 viewsNov77

If our wingers were creating chances the way theirs are austin would have a hat trick now.

Phillips and R'swipe have done fck all.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Austin Conundrum on 13:48 - Mar 14 with 2116 viewsStanisgod

Sorry disco but he's missed bobby.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Austin Conundrum on 13:50 - Mar 14 with 2108 viewsDesertBoot

Matt Phillips on the left immediately stifles any threat he has.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The Austin Conundrum on 13:50 - Mar 14 with 2107 viewsrsonist

Yes what a fkn conundrum. Only Sherlock Holmes could solve the case of the poacher who can't hold it up alone and the right winger who can cross.
The Austin Conundrum on 14:18 - Mar 14 with 2007 viewsPommyhoop

The Austin Conundrum on 13:50 - Mar 14 by DesertBoot

Matt Phillips on the left immediately stifles any threat he has.

Agree ..F'ck knows why CR didn't put Matty on the right. Agree also about Bobby .Charlie was like a sulky kid today without his play mate. .He was lost..
[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 14:23]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Austin Conundrum on 16:47 - Mar 14 with 1845 viewsHollowayRanger

gotta be honest think Austin has been amazing for QPR but I myself don't rate him

to me he lacks pace and is only average in heading and holding up a ball ,bloke has done brilliantly in a terrible team and has earned/deserves his chance to stay in prem

but he isn't a lone striker he cant win enough balls and wont beat the defence for pace apart from in training (it being our defence)

Zamora at least takes the strain off him and allows him to do just do what he's good at shooting

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Austin Conundrum on 16:54 - Mar 14 with 1827 viewsfakekerby

The Austin Conundrum on 16:47 - Mar 14 by HollowayRanger

gotta be honest think Austin has been amazing for QPR but I myself don't rate him

to me he lacks pace and is only average in heading and holding up a ball ,bloke has done brilliantly in a terrible team and has earned/deserves his chance to stay in prem

but he isn't a lone striker he cant win enough balls and wont beat the defence for pace apart from in training (it being our defence)

Zamora at least takes the strain off him and allows him to do just do what he's good at shooting

Wow you've said a lot of daft things on here but this has to be the dumbest - you don't rate Austin?!
The Austin Conundrum on 16:55 - Mar 14 with 1825 viewskysersosaqpr

Hope we get enough for him to cover the £58m fine. Means the club has a clean slate and no debt.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Login to get fewer ads

The Austin Conundrum on 17:05 - Mar 14 with 1793 viewsbatmanhoop

Charlie has given up, after watching that, so have I
The Austin Conundrum on 17:08 - Mar 14 with 1783 viewsbaz_qpr

The Austin Conundrum on 16:54 - Mar 14 by fakekerby

Wow you've said a lot of daft things on here but this has to be the dumbest - you don't rate Austin?!

I think the point is and I was a trying to make, is that Charlie in a 2 is deadly and a superstar. Charlie on his own hampers the team because he does not have the qualities required to either win the ball, hold it and allow s to play off him, or have pace to go over the top or push the defence back to give us the space to play in.

I don't think this is idiocy it is a widely held view across the football world and even our own coaches. We have a match winner who can get us the goals, but only in a front 2 but if we don't have a foil for him then what. The reason why Villa will stay up is they have better striker options available to them.

This is not doing Austin down but our reliance on him and the lack of any other options, it seems to me leads us to have to play certain tactics whether its right or wrong for the game
The Austin Conundrum on 17:12 - Mar 14 with 1771 viewsbosh67

Total lack of service has been the real issue. He does need someone to play off but I suspect he will go on to bigger and better things than us at the end of the season. I think I had resigned myself to that even if we stayed up. Guy's done great but too many times he has been doing it on his own.

Biggest issue has been losing Fer when he had started to really play. He was giving Austin options. Now we only have Matt Phillips and he has only ignited under Ramsey.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Austin Conundrum on 17:17 - Mar 14 with 1760 viewssupahoopsa

Was it just me or did Charlie look like he's got a bit of a belly on him? I thought he looked a little bit heavy today.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

The Austin Conundrum on 17:17 - Mar 14 with 1759 viewsstevec

The Austin Conundrum on 17:08 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

I think the point is and I was a trying to make, is that Charlie in a 2 is deadly and a superstar. Charlie on his own hampers the team because he does not have the qualities required to either win the ball, hold it and allow s to play off him, or have pace to go over the top or push the defence back to give us the space to play in.

I don't think this is idiocy it is a widely held view across the football world and even our own coaches. We have a match winner who can get us the goals, but only in a front 2 but if we don't have a foil for him then what. The reason why Villa will stay up is they have better striker options available to them.

This is not doing Austin down but our reliance on him and the lack of any other options, it seems to me leads us to have to play certain tactics whether its right or wrong for the game

Spot on. I pointed this out last season, crying out for 2 up front because in the Championship you could sacrifice a midfielder. In this league you can't. To get the best out of Charlie we have to sacrifice a midfielder and get overrun. Truth is, if Bobby was the player of seven years ago, we'd be playing 5 midfield and Charlie would be making most of his appearances from the subs bench.
The Austin Conundrum on 17:20 - Mar 14 with 1745 viewsHollowayRanger

The Austin Conundrum on 16:54 - Mar 14 by fakekerby

I know it sounds daft ,like I said he's done brill and has earned his right for another season in prem,but he's not MY type of striker

I like them to have strength height and most importantly pace , we have no one like that and its killing us

if we did have one to play alongside Austin we wouldnt be where we are in the shite

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Austin Conundrum on 18:06 - Mar 14 with 1677 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Does Charlie even get on with Taarabt? There certainly doesn't seem to be much on-field understanding between them (whenever they're played together) and, when I think about all the photos, videos & vines posted by the club, I don't think I've ever seen a shot of the two of them talking, sharing a joke or doing training exercises together.

Has there ever been any bad blood between them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024