Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we can all agree 14:33 - Mar 14 with 12255 viewsWestbourneR

Appointing Ramsey was another howler from TF. Even when you he tries to 'learn from his mistakes' he manages to make new ones. I just don't think he's very bright to be honest.

Anyway my question is - do you think there is any point in trying to appoint a proper manager for the rest of the season? Or is it so over its pointless?

I mean someone who could have the affect Pardew has had on Palace could still save us. Worth trying?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I think we can all agree on 14:35 - Mar 14 with 6047 viewsbaz_qpr

Out of interest who would you have appointed caretaker or permanent?
I think we can all agree on 14:36 - Mar 14 with 6040 viewsNov77

He got it badly wrong today, he must have known where palace threat would come from, and he played Swp in front of a young kid down that side.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I think we can all agree on 14:36 - Mar 14 with 6033 viewsessextaxiboy

What "proper " managers are or were available though .. at least we havnt got someone taking us down on a 3 year deal
I think we can all agree on 14:41 - Mar 14 with 6009 viewsFloridaR

Chris R
Wrong system of play flat 4-4-2 starting out and should of changed in the flow of play after 15 mins.
Second half looked much more comfortable in different format looked like a 4-1-3-2 and easier for the boys to defend.
Poor timing of subs again.
Took the side till 84 mins to keep the ball in palace half for 90 seconds.
Poorrr...

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

I think we can all agree on 14:42 - Mar 14 with 5993 viewskensalriser

I wonder if he's learned the lesson with Furlong now. That must be at least five or six goals we've conceded from him getting skinned.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I think we can all agree on 14:47 - Mar 14 with 5930 viewsTheBlob

I think we can all agree on 14:35 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

Out of interest who would you have appointed caretaker or permanent?

Tim Sherwood.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I think we can all agree on 14:47 - Mar 14 with 5931 viewsCHUBBS

I think we can all agree on 14:36 - Mar 14 by essextaxiboy

What "proper " managers are or were available though .. at least we havnt got someone taking us down on a 3 year deal

Pullis was available for the 1st half of this season but as usual TF looked a gift horse in the mouth and waited whilst WBA didn't.
They were below us when he was appointed,now they're miles clear.
TF lives in a fantasy world and never see's the signs your average fan can spot.
We will never achieve any sort of positive philosophy whilst he's making the football decisions.
I think we can all agree on 14:49 - Mar 14 with 5899 viewsDiscodroids

installed a stooge to take the blame , and the cheapest option ..should have crawled over broken glass to get kenny jacket and joe gallen.

a slippery cnt of the highest order and a bloke who makes richard nixon seem an honest bloke.

should return to bo selectas sofa showng his ting cherub off to posh spice.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

I think we can all agree on 14:50 - Mar 14 with 5894 viewsTHEBUSH

I certainly don't agree with the OP, best option we had, imo, after Redknapp did the decent thing and walk
I think we can all agree on 14:52 - Mar 14 with 5871 viewsrsonist

I disagree. TF can't predict the future and I don't think any of us would have expected Ramsey to throw common sense out of the window like he has done. No one was anticipating Churchillian inspiration just getting them fit, focused, organised, and playing the talent we do have in their best positions. Hasn't happened.

Would we rather he caved to giving Sherwood a huge contract and long term deal? TF's mistake was not biting the bullet with HR sooner and giving us more options.

Blame for this season lies squarely at Redknapp's feet. That's what we can all agree on.
I think we can all agree on 14:56 - Mar 14 with 5837 viewsted_hendrix

I find it hard to beat up on CR tbh, but he's clearly not up to keeping us up, he just hasn't got the experience or the players, having said that we've been in the shit for a long time, in fact since BZ scored that goal at Wembley;
We so badly needed to bring in an experienced Manager Months ago, we could all see what was happening, well most of us could.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I think we can all agree on 15:01 - Mar 14 with 5791 viewsQPR_ARG

I think giving the job to Ramsey was sensible.

I also think he has been making many mistakes. Tinkering a lot with the squad (shame he suffered a couple of key injuries, has to be said).

But today is a very tough to swallow.

There is absolutely no possible excuse or explanation to start SWP.

We handed the game on a silver plate to Palace. If we controlled the ball a little bit in the second half, it was only because that suited Palace as they were just resting and taking it easy. No need to do anything else in that game for them really.

Either we change something DRAMATICALLY in our tactics and formations or we wave the Premier League goodbye.

I just don't see it. And I wouldn't go and appoint a new manager now. We're getting what we deserved for keeping Harry on board for over 2 years. That's 2 relegations with him as main actor.
I think we can all agree on 15:01 - Mar 14 with 5786 viewskensalriser

I think we can all agree on 14:52 - Mar 14 by rsonist

I disagree. TF can't predict the future and I don't think any of us would have expected Ramsey to throw common sense out of the window like he has done. No one was anticipating Churchillian inspiration just getting them fit, focused, organised, and playing the talent we do have in their best positions. Hasn't happened.

Would we rather he caved to giving Sherwood a huge contract and long term deal? TF's mistake was not biting the bullet with HR sooner and giving us more options.

Blame for this season lies squarely at Redknapp's feet. That's what we can all agree on.

Actually I don't agree. We were shit before Redknapp came and then it was all Hughes' fault and before Hughes it was apparently all down to Briatore.

In truth we've been badly run for years and that one freak season when we got promoted out of the blue not only covered up a lot of the deeper problems it's actually perpetuated them because all the extra income has been wasted on short-termism.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 18:23]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I think we can all agree on 15:03 - Mar 14 with 5769 viewsPommyhoop

I think we can all agree on 14:52 - Mar 14 by rsonist

Bang on ...Sherwood would have locked us into a massive 3 plus contract .And lets face it still would've had to work with the mess 'h' left...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

I think we can all agree on 15:03 - Mar 14 with 5767 viewsTheBlob

Might as well enjoy the inevitable outcome and turn the rest of the season into a right old wake and have a monumental piss up every week.

I think we can all agree on 15:06 - Mar 14 with 5731 viewsTheBlob

I think we can all agree on 15:03 - Mar 14 by Pommyhoop

Bang on ...Sherwood would have locked us into a massive 3 plus contract .And lets face it still would've had to work with the mess 'h' left...

How do you know that?

What you do know is we are royally f*cked.

End of.

No going back.

I think we can all agree on 15:07 - Mar 14 with 5730 viewsgobbles

Does Ramsey (or Les) get a bonus for players "graduating" from the youth team?
I cannot understand him playing Furlong. I presume today Isla was injured, but he has picked Furlong above him before.
And Reece-Cox coming on instead of Vargas???
SWP starting instead of Vargas????
I have seldom seen a team play with such a lack of basic tactics
I think we can all agree on 15:12 - Mar 14 with 5682 viewsFDC

I think we can all agree on 14:36 - Mar 14 by Nov77

He got it badly wrong today, he must have known where palace threat would come from, and he played Swp in front of a young kid down that side.

What were the options? Play Chief at RB and ask Clint to play 90? The squads a. ludicrous and b. ravaged with injuries.
I think we can all agree on 15:12 - Mar 14 with 5677 viewsPommyhoop

I think we can all agree on 15:06 - Mar 14 by TheBlob

How do you know that?

What you do know is we are royally f*cked.

End of.

No going back.

He had negotiations with TF ..We all know TF aint no cheapskate.Just have a look at his palace contract and imagine us with that next year. Sometimes you have to say no..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

I think we can all agree on 15:14 - Mar 14 with 5648 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think we can all agree on 14:47 - Mar 14 by CHUBBS

Pullis was available for the 1st half of this season but as usual TF looked a gift horse in the mouth and waited whilst WBA didn't.
They were below us when he was appointed,now they're miles clear.
TF lives in a fantasy world and never see's the signs your average fan can spot.
We will never achieve any sort of positive philosophy whilst he's making the football decisions.

I agree no point trying to change things when the guy who keeps on making mistakes is still in charge.
I think we can all agree on 15:14 - Mar 14 with 5659 viewsDejR_vu

TF's tenure has been a monumental disaster. But in fairness, in this case, our DoF needs to shoulder a fair bit of responsibility. Just because he's a legend at the club doesn't absolve him. The decision with the biggest financial implications in the club's history and the best he could come up with was someone he has worked with before who was brought in to work with the youth set up.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

I think we can all agree on 15:17 - Mar 14 with 5636 viewsBstokeranger

I think CR looked out of his depth today, there's been plenty of good coaches try managing and it just hasnt worked them.

Took too long to make changes, made poor decisions from the start with selections and the tactics of lump it to Austin made it look like men v boys. Which is sad when you think of the players have Palace have compared to your average Prem side.

That being said I don't think there was much choice when he was appointed.
As we all know Redknapps shouldn't have started the season.
I think we can all agree on 15:17 - Mar 14 with 5633 viewsFDC

I think we can all agree on 15:07 - Mar 14 by gobbles

I cannot understand him playing Furlong. I presume today Isla was injured, but he has picked Furlong above him before.

Isla has a long term injury according to the programme I was watching, and as Dave pointed out on the match thread, if your forced to play the inexperienced Furlong at RB then putting SWP in front of him has the logic that he does have form for protecting his fullback. Not saying that's how it worked out like, but there was reason there.
I think we can all agree on 15:19 - Mar 14 with 5613 viewsTheBlob

I think we can all agree on 15:12 - Mar 14 by Pommyhoop

He had negotiations with TF ..We all know TF aint no cheapskate.Just have a look at his palace contract and imagine us with that next year. Sometimes you have to say no..

And sometimes the shortest word has the biggest consequences.

I think we can all agree on 15:19 - Mar 14 with 5610 viewsMatch82

I think we can all agree on 15:07 - Mar 14 by gobbles

Don't understand this response at all.
We've been criticising Redknapp, rightly, for sticking to has been players and not thinking about the future of the club.

We're 2 goals down with 7 minutes left, in a game where we've been fcking dire, with no chance to get anything from the game. If you aren't going to give youth players a chance then, you never will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024