Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers for next season? 10:36 - Mar 19 with 5964 viewsGloucs_R

Think we will need 2-3 forwards in the summer. Thoughts on these if we go down?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
James Vaughan
Rudy Gestede
Gary Hooper
Jordan Rhodes
Troy Deeney - if they dont go up
Patrick Bamford
Andy Williams
Joe Garner

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Strikers for next season? on 17:40 - Mar 19 with 1681 viewsGloucs_R

Norf, you watch a lot of football. What is your view on this lot?

Strikers for next season? on 17:57 - Mar 19 with 1667 viewsJordanFoster

I'd like us to take a punt on Jonathas from Elche. 9 goals and 6 assists in a very poor side who are one one the worst teams in La Liga. Can play up front on his own and has a bit of the Costa about him (as in he's fearless and aggressive).

As Jota is proving at Brentford, there's talent to be had in Spain.
Strikers for next season? on 17:59 - Mar 19 with 1666 viewsderbyhoop

We wont be able to afford Gestede, Rhodes, Deeney nor Bamford.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers for next season? on 18:42 - Mar 19 with 1640 viewsCamberleyR

Strikers for next season? on 17:57 - Mar 19 by JordanFoster

I'd like us to take a punt on Jonathas from Elche. 9 goals and 6 assists in a very poor side who are one one the worst teams in La Liga. Can play up front on his own and has a bit of the Costa about him (as in he's fearless and aggressive).

As Jota is proving at Brentford, there's talent to be had in Spain.

Send a tweet to Fernandes about him asking Sir Les to take a look.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Strikers for next season? on 18:52 - Mar 19 with 1630 viewsbaz_qpr

Would expect we get £15m for Charlie plus £5m for Sandro there is a bigger amount in parachute payments nearly 30m so given we lose a mass of big earners this summer we might have a bit of a transfer kitty to play with and we will probably need to spend most of that on strikers
Strikers for next season? on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 1623 viewsaston_hoop

Strikers for next season? on 18:52 - Mar 19 by baz_qpr

Would expect we get £15m for Charlie plus £5m for Sandro there is a bigger amount in parachute payments nearly 30m so given we lose a mass of big earners this summer we might have a bit of a transfer kitty to play with and we will probably need to spend most of that on strikers

If anyone out there (other than us of course) is willing to spend £5mil on Sandro, we should see what other rubbish we can send their way for a few quid while we are at it! Can see him spending a year on loan somewhere until his contract runs or we agree the old classic 'Mutual Termination'

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strikers for next season? on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 1599 viewsJamie

Strikers for next season? on 18:52 - Mar 19 by baz_qpr

Austin only has 12 months left on his contract so we won't be getting anywhere near £15m for him, unless he agrees a new one pretty sharpish.
Strikers for next season? on 20:49 - Mar 19 with 1563 viewsdavman

Possibility of a transfer embargo too.

This'll be fun...

...NOT!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers for next season? on 21:20 - Mar 19 with 1537 viewsHollowayRanger

jet as he's a big brute we need that option

plus another 3 strikers at least two proven scores in lower divisions

we wont have much to spend that's for sure but what little there is must be spent on strikers as its goals that win games and if we win enough we will make at least playoffs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Strikers for next season? on 21:40 - Mar 19 with 1527 viewseccles

Strikers for next season? on 20:49 - Mar 19 by davman

Possibility of a transfer embargo too.

This'll be fun...

...NOT!

Is a transfer embargo a possibility?
If we have to go through that, then we are well and truly fcked.
With all the players likely to leave us in the summer we'll be lucky to put out a team at all. Forget Fulhams troubles this season, we'll knock that into a tin hat. They had a good youth set-up when they went down. We don't. Yet.

Nothing to do with any potential fine, but I think that if we go down. we'll drop down to League 1. And that could well see off uncle tone. Playing Barnsley in front of 10-11,000 doesn't fit into his masterplan.
Strikers for next season? on 22:40 - Mar 19 with 1510 viewsganjR

We will get £7-8m for Austin plus add ons, Sandro and Taarabt will be season loans, we'll get our money back on Fer.
Striker wise, Eero Maarkanen, Finnish international, young, plays at Real Madrid B, has scored in Greek top flight, tall and strong with good technique, would be about £1m max.
Leigh Griffiths at Celtic would cost £500,000-£1m, skilful and a scorer. Would do well at championship level.
Would be interesting to get Josh Parker back, started well at Partisan or Red Star Belgrade. That would be some story.
As said earlier on this thread, Patrick Bamford(?) would be a class signing.
Strikers for next season? on 12:21 - Mar 20 with 1445 views00calben

Strikers for next season? on 13:04 - Mar 19 by Gloucs_R

why no to the three lads in League 1? Have you seen them this season?

That's a fair question, and not trying to dismiss any League 1 talent, Redknapp-esque.

Reasoning:
JET: have never rated him. Certainly not a goalscorer, had one purple patch with BC in league 1 but 10 goals in by far and away the outstanding team in that League - not for me.

Williams: Of all three, he'd be the one I want...if he was 5 years younger. But, he's 28 - he's had a career of knocking around the lower leagues not particularly impressing, for years. And at that age, there would be no sell-on value.

Garner: Have always thought he was a good player, not an out-and-out no9 which I think we need (see Helguson in the Warnock team).

Having said that, I'm sure there is talent in Leagues 1 and 2, with the correct scouting (which I can't claim to watch enough live League 1/2 games to make an informed suggestion....)
Strikers for next season? on 12:25 - Mar 20 with 1443 views1BobbyHazell

Don't panic lads, when Paul gets here he'll be picking off the finest available young talent from European Academies.
Strikers for next season? on 13:07 - Mar 20 with 1414 viewsdavman

Strikers for next season? on 21:40 - Mar 19 by eccles

Is a transfer embargo a possibility?
If we have to go through that, then we are well and truly fcked.
With all the players likely to leave us in the summer we'll be lucky to put out a team at all. Forget Fulhams troubles this season, we'll knock that into a tin hat. They had a good youth set-up when they went down. We don't. Yet.

Nothing to do with any potential fine, but I think that if we go down. we'll drop down to League 1. And that could well see off uncle tone. Playing Barnsley in front of 10-11,000 doesn't fit into his masterplan.

I can see the football league trying to get a hefty settlement and failing. I can't see how they will refuse us entry into the Championship or other bits of the Football League, so the middle ground, which will have a pretty devastating effect nonetheless, is an embargo.

Basically, Scum and Barcelona have been given one of these and they appear to be enforceable as a drunken promise from my wife, but we are QPR and if we were to get something like that it would stick. And it would hurt us. As always...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Strikers for next season? on 13:38 - Mar 20 with 1387 viewsDiscodroids

Strikers for next season? on 22:40 - Mar 19 by ganjR

We will get £7-8m for Austin plus add ons, Sandro and Taarabt will be season loans, we'll get our money back on Fer.
Striker wise, Eero Maarkanen, Finnish international, young, plays at Real Madrid B, has scored in Greek top flight, tall and strong with good technique, would be about £1m max.
Leigh Griffiths at Celtic would cost £500,000-£1m, skilful and a scorer. Would do well at championship level.
Would be interesting to get Josh Parker back, started well at Partisan or Red Star Belgrade. That would be some story.
As said earlier on this thread, Patrick Bamford(?) would be a class signing.

love to have leigh griffiths here and dundee utds ciftci.

would like bakary soko as well but cant see that happening now.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Strikers for next season? on 13:48 - Mar 20 with 1358 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 12:21 - Mar 20 by 00calben

That's a fair question, and not trying to dismiss any League 1 talent, Redknapp-esque.

Reasoning:
JET: have never rated him. Certainly not a goalscorer, had one purple patch with BC in league 1 but 10 goals in by far and away the outstanding team in that League - not for me.

Williams: Of all three, he'd be the one I want...if he was 5 years younger. But, he's 28 - he's had a career of knocking around the lower leagues not particularly impressing, for years. And at that age, there would be no sell-on value.

Garner: Have always thought he was a good player, not an out-and-out no9 which I think we need (see Helguson in the Warnock team).

Having said that, I'm sure there is talent in Leagues 1 and 2, with the correct scouting (which I can't claim to watch enough live League 1/2 games to make an informed suggestion....)

I think JET has matured and is a good replacement for Zamora. Will add the odd goal but wont be prolific

Respect your view on the others though. But we do need a couple of strikers so we have to look at all options imo.

Strikers for next season? on 13:49 - Mar 20 with 1353 viewsHunterhoop

Strikers for next season? on 19:36 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Austin only has 12 months left on his contract so we won't be getting anywhere near £15m for him, unless he agrees a new one pretty sharpish.

You don't do much negotiating of deals in real life, do you, Jamie? And if you do, I presume you don't have much success.

12 months is a hell of a long time. That will not affect his value at all. 6 months...absolutely. But IF there is interest from a club or clubs, it's because they want him now. If they want him "now", then the fact they COULD wait for 6 months and get him for free means nothing. If they want him now then they his fee is x...it is unaffected by him having "only" 12 months left. If multiple clubs are interested, then that helps even more and we can create a bidding war.

Austin is in the prime of his career, English, proven at Prem level now (in a sh*t team) and is on the up.

If we can't get between £12-£15m for him, I utterly despair at our board. That should be easy. If we don't get that figure keep him for next season in order to go back up (and win the £60m prize) and then lose him for nothing. It's a 4/1 gamble.
Strikers for next season? on 13:58 - Mar 20 with 1352 viewsganjR

Strikers for next season? on 13:38 - Mar 20 by Discodroids

love to have leigh griffiths here and dundee utds ciftci.

would like bakary soko as well but cant see that happening now.

Ciftci would be interesting, could grow into a very good player, misses a few though.
Still gutted we didn't move for Armstrong and GMS, especially Armstrong. Rate him higher than Gauld who joined Sporting Lisbon.
We missed out on Hendrie and Andrew Robertson too.
As a side note, Robertson asked (for his 21st?) birthday for presents to be donations to a food bank. Know Naismith did similar too. Nice touch I felt.
Strikers for next season? on 15:28 - Mar 20 with 1313 viewsJamie

Strikers for next season? on 13:49 - Mar 20 by Hunterhoop

You don't do much negotiating of deals in real life, do you, Jamie? And if you do, I presume you don't have much success.

12 months is a hell of a long time. That will not affect his value at all. 6 months...absolutely. But IF there is interest from a club or clubs, it's because they want him now. If they want him "now", then the fact they COULD wait for 6 months and get him for free means nothing. If they want him now then they his fee is x...it is unaffected by him having "only" 12 months left. If multiple clubs are interested, then that helps even more and we can create a bidding war.

Austin is in the prime of his career, English, proven at Prem level now (in a sh*t team) and is on the up.

If we can't get between £12-£15m for him, I utterly despair at our board. That should be easy. If we don't get that figure keep him for next season in order to go back up (and win the £60m prize) and then lose him for nothing. It's a 4/1 gamble.

Do a lot of negotiating thank you very much.

Somebody almost certainly will want Austin next summer, but £15m is pie in the sky. Nobody is paying that. Equally pie in the sky is him playing in the championship.

I'd have to suggest that if you honestly believe Austin would hang around and go back to the Championship, you're smoking something exceptionally strong.
Strikers for next season? on 15:31 - Mar 20 with 1308 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 15:28 - Mar 20 by Jamie

Do a lot of negotiating thank you very much.

Somebody almost certainly will want Austin next summer, but £15m is pie in the sky. Nobody is paying that. Equally pie in the sky is him playing in the championship.

I'd have to suggest that if you honestly believe Austin would hang around and go back to the Championship, you're smoking something exceptionally strong.

How dare he Jamie. You negotiate every day dont you....

"Do you want to super size that?"

Strikers for next season? on 16:15 - Mar 20 with 1279 viewsJordanFoster

Strikers for next season? on 13:48 - Mar 20 by Gloucs_R

I think JET has matured and is a good replacement for Zamora. Will add the odd goal but wont be prolific

Respect your view on the others though. But we do need a couple of strikers so we have to look at all options imo.

JET isn't fit to lace Zamora's boots!
Strikers for next season? on 16:19 - Mar 20 with 1277 viewsaston_hoop

Strikers for next season? on 16:15 - Mar 20 by JordanFoster

Metaphorically speaking maybe but physically, Zamora isn't fit to lace JET's boots or even his own half the time and thats the bloody problem!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2015 16:20]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strikers for next season? on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 1272 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 16:15 - Mar 20 by JordanFoster

Well someone needs to lace his boots, his old joints crack every time he bends over!

Strikers for next season? on 14:49 - Mar 27 with 1162 viewsGloucs_R

how about Kenwyne Jones? Just gone on loan to Bmouth. Big, strong lad that can score the odd goal.

Strikers for next season? on 14:54 - Mar 27 with 1153 viewsPinnerPaul

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Zamora, Grego-Cox + a PL kid or two on loan no doubt.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see along with a medium sized fine, a squad size restriction and spending restriction this summer for failure of FFP.

"squad size restriction"???, like "possible point deduction" mentioned by someone eariler in the week - people are just making up FFP punishments now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024