Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers for next season? 10:36 - Mar 19 with 5996 viewsGloucs_R

Think we will need 2-3 forwards in the summer. Thoughts on these if we go down?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
James Vaughan
Rudy Gestede
Gary Hooper
Jordan Rhodes
Troy Deeney - if they dont go up
Patrick Bamford
Andy Williams
Joe Garner

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers for next season? on 14:57 - Mar 27 with 1252 viewsPinnerPaul

We'll sign players who manager trusts and likes - whoever that manager is.
Strikers for next season? on 15:15 - Mar 27 with 1242 viewsMatch82

Strikers for next season? on 14:54 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

"squad size restriction"???, like "possible point deduction" mentioned by someone eariler in the week - people are just making up FFP punishments now!

I've heard that as punishment they're going to make our goalkeeper (whoever it is) play without gloves on. And we wont be allowed to play any music over the tannoy after we score.

Harsh.
Strikers for next season? on 15:24 - Mar 27 with 1236 viewsDorse

Strikers for next season? on 14:54 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

"squad size restriction"???, like "possible point deduction" mentioned by someone eariler in the week - people are just making up FFP punishments now!

'Squad size restriction'? Well, that explains why they didn't play Taraabt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Strikers for next season? on 15:25 - Mar 27 with 1229 viewsPinnerPaul

Strikers for next season? on 15:15 - Mar 27 by Match82

I've heard that as punishment they're going to make our goalkeeper (whoever it is) play without gloves on. And we wont be allowed to play any music over the tannoy after we score.

Harsh.

I doubt we'll be allowed to score either
Strikers for next season? on 15:37 - Mar 27 with 1218 viewsQPR_John

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Zamora, Grego-Cox + a PL kid or two on loan no doubt.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see along with a medium sized fine, a squad size restriction and spending restriction this summer for failure of FFP.

If we are fined why should there be extra punishment and the FL do not require a fixed squad size
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 15:38]
Strikers for next season? on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 1182 viewsRamseyR

When was the last time we sold a good player for their true value? We'll be lucky to get 7 million for Charlie.

I would take a punt on Britt Assombolonga at Forest. Not ripping up trees for them this season but was on fire at Peterborough before he moved. Young, strong & fast. Could pic him up for a reasonable fee.
Strikers for next season? on 17:09 - Mar 27 with 1182 viewsbosh67

Strikers for next season? on 17:05 - Mar 27 by RamseyR

When was the last time we sold a good player for their true value? We'll be lucky to get 7 million for Charlie.

I would take a punt on Britt Assombolonga at Forest. Not ripping up trees for them this season but was on fire at Peterborough before he moved. Young, strong & fast. Could pic him up for a reasonable fee.

Blackwood, our trialist. 3 goals in 120 minutes of football, less I think.

Mind you, Ollie famously watched Paulo Wanchope score 2 consecutive hat tricks in his two games as a trialist here and passed n him. 6 goals in two games, shoite.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Strikers for next season? on 17:18 - Mar 27 with 1172 viewsJeff

Strikers for next season? on 17:05 - Mar 27 by RamseyR

The reason that he's not 'ripping up trees' for them is that his knee fell off at the start of 2015, and he's out for a year.

so perfect for us really...

[edit] Having said that, he still scored 15 goals for them in the league this season - just how many trees do you want him to rip up?!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 17:21]

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers for next season? on 09:51 - Mar 28 with 1103 viewsRamseyR

Strikers for next season? on 17:18 - Mar 27 by Jeff

The reason that he's not 'ripping up trees' for them is that his knee fell off at the start of 2015, and he's out for a year.

so perfect for us really...

[edit] Having said that, he still scored 15 goals for them in the league this season - just how many trees do you want him to rip up?!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 17:21]

I'd missed that one!
Strikers for next season? on 10:05 - Mar 28 with 1102 viewsganjR

Strikers for next season? on 09:51 - Mar 28 by RamseyR

I'd missed that one!

I've recently listened to a few interviews and match highlights of Josh Parker, (remember him?) after someone mentioned him on here recently.
He seemed to have a poor attitude, from the outside looking in, but I see no traces of that now. Has developed into a striker and has done well in Slovenia and now in Serbia with Red Star.
Only 25 and looks strong, quick and a good finisher, a handful type striker.
Reckon he's worth a look, we get mentioned a few times in his Red Star press conference and in typical fashion, he was a striker as a youth with us but made his debut at RB.....
Also, just found out that Jamie Mackie is only on loan at Reading from Forest. I thought it was a perm move. I know they say never go back in football, but I'd love him back here.
Strikers for next season? on 10:13 - Mar 28 with 1096 viewsDiscodroids

Strikers for next season? on 10:05 - Mar 28 by ganjR

I've recently listened to a few interviews and match highlights of Josh Parker, (remember him?) after someone mentioned him on here recently.
He seemed to have a poor attitude, from the outside looking in, but I see no traces of that now. Has developed into a striker and has done well in Slovenia and now in Serbia with Red Star.
Only 25 and looks strong, quick and a good finisher, a handful type striker.
Reckon he's worth a look, we get mentioned a few times in his Red Star press conference and in typical fashion, he was a striker as a youth with us but made his debut at RB.....
Also, just found out that Jamie Mackie is only on loan at Reading from Forest. I thought it was a perm move. I know they say never go back in football, but I'd love him back here.

i reckon you and karl should send your suggestions to the club, always spot on imo and well researched.

get in there brother!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Strikers for next season? on 10:44 - Mar 28 with 1091 viewsganjR

Strikers for next season? on 10:13 - Mar 28 by Discodroids

i reckon you and karl should send your suggestions to the club, always spot on imo and well researched.

get in there brother!

Ha ha, thank you mate, but we both know that we don't use scouts at QPR.... :)
Strikers for next season? on 13:40 - Mar 28 with 1074 viewspaulparker

Strikers for next season? on 17:09 - Mar 27 by bosh67

Blackwood, our trialist. 3 goals in 120 minutes of football, less I think.

Mind you, Ollie famously watched Paulo Wanchope score 2 consecutive hat tricks in his two games as a trialist here and passed n him. 6 goals in two games, shoite.

Try Stuart Houston bosh
His words were "strikers like him are ten to a penny , his not what we need at the moment"
Before spunking nearly 3 million on Mike Sharon who we didn't need has we had spencer & Gallen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Strikers for next season? on 13:45 - Mar 28 with 1068 viewsDiscodroids

Strikers for next season? on 13:40 - Mar 28 by paulparker

Try Stuart Houston bosh
His words were "strikers like him are ten to a penny , his not what we need at the moment"
Before spunking nearly 3 million on Mike Sharon who we didn't need has we had spencer & Gallen

I remember stuart describing wanchope as a ' raider' whatever the fk that means.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Strikers for next season? on 14:38 - Mar 28 with 1044 viewsDorse

Strikers for next season? on 13:45 - Mar 28 by Discodroids

I remember stuart describing wanchope as a ' raider' whatever the fk that means.

'Well, I could be wrong, but I believe it is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Strikers for next season? on 15:09 - Mar 28 with 1024 viewsBasingstokeR

He's manager of Costa Rica now and in an interview around the World Cup when he was assistant the story started off like this...

"The story started when he was invited for a trial at QPR. ‘I came over for two weeks when Stewart Houston was the manager,’ he said. ‘I was in a hotel the whole time and that was difficult for me. I made six goals but still no contract. I went back to Costa Rica and came back to Derby a few months later."

should've also signed Beckford when we had him on trial from Wealdstone. Must be more non league capable of stepping up out there.
Strikers for next season? on 16:25 - Mar 28 with 999 viewsbaz_qpr

Just to repeat there can be no other sanction than fine for FFP its in the rules. transfer embargoes only apply to the January window.

re Charlie a top end Championship striker is £10m

Charlie's price will reflect the market price for a proven premiership goal scorer and how many people are after him. If there is no release clause in the contract we can choose to make him honour his contract. If he scores 20 goals next season might be the difference between success or not in the championship on that basis I think his value is minimum £12m but more likely £15m
Strikers for next season? on 16:33 - Mar 28 with 993 viewsBasingstokeR

Strikers for next season? on 16:25 - Mar 28 by baz_qpr

Just to repeat there can be no other sanction than fine for FFP its in the rules. transfer embargoes only apply to the January window.

re Charlie a top end Championship striker is £10m

Charlie's price will reflect the market price for a proven premiership goal scorer and how many people are after him. If there is no release clause in the contract we can choose to make him honour his contract. If he scores 20 goals next season might be the difference between success or not in the championship on that basis I think his value is minimum £12m but more likely £15m

If McCormack was £11m last year...
If Bony who's a similar age to Charlie went for £25m rising to £28m;

you'd think Austin has to be well over £11m value even in the last year of contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024