Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers for next season? 10:36 - Mar 19 with 5995 viewsGloucs_R

Think we will need 2-3 forwards in the summer. Thoughts on these if we go down?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
James Vaughan
Rudy Gestede
Gary Hooper
Jordan Rhodes
Troy Deeney - if they dont go up
Patrick Bamford
Andy Williams
Joe Garner

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers for next season? on 10:45 - Mar 19 with 2958 viewsaston_hoop

Will we actually be able to spend any money though? I'd love Bamford and Gestede out of that lot but I just don't think we're going to be able to splash the cash on established championship strikers if we go down, like we did with Austin last time. I think we'll be more likely picking up the odd Premiership loan and free transfer from Europe.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strikers for next season? on 10:49 - Mar 19 with 2945 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 10:45 - Mar 19 by aston_hoop

Will we actually be able to spend any money though? I'd love Bamford and Gestede out of that lot but I just don't think we're going to be able to splash the cash on established championship strikers if we go down, like we did with Austin last time. I think we'll be more likely picking up the odd Premiership loan and free transfer from Europe.

If we cant spend money on strikers then we are screwed.

Austin will be sold, somewhere between 10-15m I reckon
Zamora should retire, we cant sign him again....he can only play 10% of games for no more than 60 mins
Zarate - back to WHU
Vargas - back to Napoli
Taarabt - has he got one year left?
Grego-cox - not ready for the first team yet

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 with 2934 viewsMytch_QPR

Exactly. I think we're stony broke now, and will be worse off when we go down. In shopping terms, we're likely to be in Poundland territory.

Also (and this is not intended to be disrespectful to Gloucs), but every time people post these threads they sort of make the assumption that these players would want to come to us. It's quite likely that their current clubs will have a better chance of promotion than we will. I think Aston's got the right idea - loans again (not that it's the ideal solution).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 with 2931 viewsJamie

Zamora, Grego-Cox + a PL kid or two on loan no doubt.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see along with a medium sized fine, a squad size restriction and spending restriction this summer for failure of FFP.
Strikers for next season? on 10:56 - Mar 19 with 2923 viewsaston_hoop

Strikers for next season? on 10:49 - Mar 19 by Gloucs_R

If we cant spend money on strikers then we are screwed.

Austin will be sold, somewhere between 10-15m I reckon
Zamora should retire, we cant sign him again....he can only play 10% of games for no more than 60 mins
Zarate - back to WHU
Vargas - back to Napoli
Taarabt - has he got one year left?
Grego-cox - not ready for the first team yet

We are definitely screwed if we don't get strikers in, its something that a certain former manager of ours should have addressed quite a while ago. But we just don't have the money to invest do we given our debt problems and it being another season of championship money? I suppose the board could just say to hell with it and go all out again with the spending to try and get us back up first time. Reinvest the cash from selling Charlie and get a couple of the mentioned names in. It would be nothing if not interesting.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strikers for next season? on 10:58 - Mar 19 with 2918 viewsGloucs_R

Out of contract this summer:

Darren Bent
Will Keane
Peter Odemwingie
Carlton Cole

Strikers for next season? on 10:58 - Mar 19 with 2912 viewsRangersw12

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Zamora, Grego-Cox + a PL kid or two on loan no doubt.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see along with a medium sized fine, a squad size restriction and spending restriction this summer for failure of FFP.

As far as I was aware it will just be fine and if we fail FFP again ( and still in the championship) then we get transfer embargo etc
Strikers for next season? on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 2907 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 10:53 - Mar 19 by Mytch_QPR

Exactly. I think we're stony broke now, and will be worse off when we go down. In shopping terms, we're likely to be in Poundland territory.

Also (and this is not intended to be disrespectful to Gloucs), but every time people post these threads they sort of make the assumption that these players would want to come to us. It's quite likely that their current clubs will have a better chance of promotion than we will. I think Aston's got the right idea - loans again (not that it's the ideal solution).

I tried to be fairly realistic. A few of those are either coming to the end of their contracts or would see us as a step up. One or two may have offers from bigger clubs though.

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers for next season? on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 2891 viewsDiscodroids

if zamora is here next season, i'll be stepping into the void for a season and not bothering gracing loftus road with my visage. we'll deserve everything we get.

i can just see him being offered a coaching role of some sort as well. clayface lumpen totem pole of utter shit.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 11:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Strikers for next season? on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 2903 viewsTheChef

He's improving, like a fine wine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modibo_Ma%C3%AFga#Career_statistics

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Strikers for next season? on 11:04 - Mar 19 with 2879 viewsGloucs_R

By the way, these are the players we have who are out of contract

QPR — Rio Ferdinand, Joey Barton, Richard Dunne, Brian Murphy, Bobby Zamora, Karl Henry, Clint Hill, Joe Lumley, Jamie Sendles-White, Michael Harriman, Frankie Sutherland, Michael Doughty, Aaron Lennox, Jordan Gibbons, Darnell Furlong

Not sure about the guys out on loan though.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 11:05]

Strikers for next season? on 11:46 - Mar 19 with 2765 viewsDorse

Strikers for next season? on 11:04 - Mar 19 by Gloucs_R

QPR — Rio Ferdinand, Joey Barton, Richard Dunne, Brian Murphy, Bobby Zamora, Karl Henry, Clint Hill, Joe Lumley, Jamie Sendles-White, Michael Harriman, Frankie Sutherland, Michael Doughty, Aaron Lennox, Jordan Gibbons, Darnell Furlong

That's a lot of money off the weekly wage bill. I'd like to see them secure Doughty, Harriman and Furlong sooner rather than later. All three look like they could do a job for us as part of the squad next year.

I've been banging on about Bamford for a couple of seasons now but I think we should be looking at players like Andy Williams (Swindon) or Dele Alli (MKDonalds) if we can't get him. They're both quick off the mark and can stretch a defence.

Edit - just clocked you'd already mentioned Williams. Mea culpa
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 11:49]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Strikers for next season? on 12:02 - Mar 19 with 2713 viewsderbyhoop

Amen to that.
We'll lose Austin for a substantial fee, we wont be able to afford Vargas nor Zarate. If Zamora gets another deal I'll be tempted to join Disco in a boycott. That leaves an untried Grego Cox and whatever we can pick up on the cheap.

Loans from PL clubs is the only way to go. Or Sir Les is going to be clocking up the air miles.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers for next season? on 12:09 - Mar 19 with 2695 viewsTheBlob

I'll dig out some old contacts from the non leagues and see what we can come up with,didn't think we'd go through this shit again.

Stick Andre Gray from Brentford on that list.
Hell,you might as well get Dexter back while you're at it.
...and Jamie Mackie.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Strikers for next season? on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 2688 viewsYorkRanger

Strikers for next season? on 11:04 - Mar 19 by Gloucs_R

Amongst others on that list I'd like to see us having a good look at Sendles-White. At the risk of repeating myself I saw him play for Mansfield at York and looked very polished.
Strikers for next season? on 12:23 - Mar 19 with 2655 viewskensalriser

Delle Alli was signed by Spurs last month.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Strikers for next season? on 12:30 - Mar 19 with 2639 viewsdaveB

I think it will depend what league we are in but I imagine Gestede, Deeney and Bamford will all get Premier League clubs now
Strikers for next season? on 12:38 - Mar 19 with 2606 viewsJonDoeman

Burnley let Austin go & had Ings lined up to replace him, got to admire those Northern Fckers.

It Is What It Is !!

Strikers for next season? on 12:41 - Mar 19 with 2603 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 12:38 - Mar 19 by JonDoeman

Burnley let Austin go & had Ings lined up to replace him, got to admire those Northern Fckers.

But now going to lose Ings for next to nothing and sold Austin for just £4m. Not that smart!

Strikers for next season? on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 2587 viewswhittocksRs

Assuming our whole forward line moves on/retires this summer and we are hit with a transfer ban, we're going to relying on the loan market, i.e. Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal teenagers. Just hope they're okay.
Strikers for next season? on 12:48 - Mar 19 with 2577 views00calben

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - No
James Vaughan - Depends on price. I'd imagine H'Field would want a decent sum which not worth the gamble given his injury record
Rudy Gestede - Yes
Gary Hooper - Yes
Jordan Rhodes - Yes
Troy Deeney - if they dont go up - Yes
Patrick Bamford - Yes
Andy Williams - No
Joe Garner - No

Although I Deeney to get a Prem club if Watford dont go up. Also expect Gestede & Rhodes to be signed by one of the 3 promoted teams.

Norwich would probably let us have Hooper if they went up
Strikers for next season? on 13:01 - Mar 19 with 2547 viewslave16

Strikers for next season? on 12:48 - Mar 19 by 00calben

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - No
James Vaughan - Depends on price. I'd imagine H'Field would want a decent sum which not worth the gamble given his injury record
Rudy Gestede - Yes
Gary Hooper - Yes
Jordan Rhodes - Yes
Patrick Bamford - Yes
Andy Williams - No
Joe Garner - No

Although I Deeney to get a Prem club if Watford dont go up. Also expect Gestede & Rhodes to be signed by one of the 3 promoted teams.

i would like Hooper....
but we will probably end up with shola ameobi
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:01]

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Strikers for next season? on 13:04 - Mar 19 with 2534 viewsGloucs_R

Strikers for next season? on 12:48 - Mar 19 by 00calben

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - No
Rudy Gestede - Yes
Gary Hooper - Yes
Jordan Rhodes - Yes
Patrick Bamford - Yes
Andy Williams - No
Joe Garner - No

why no to the three lads in League 1? Have you seen them this season?

Strikers for next season? on 13:24 - Mar 19 with 2477 viewsToast_R

Sentiment aside, I'm not too hopeful about the youth team players that have made first team appearances so far. Gladly be proved wrong next season but hmm jury on a long long break for me.
Strikers for next season? on 13:29 - Mar 19 with 2471 viewsJAPRANGERS

Only 34, under Redcrap, just coming into the right age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024