Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NZ in World Cup Final!!! 10:15 - Mar 24 with 10394 viewsKiwi76

A 6 to win with one ball to spare in just about the best game you'll ever see.
First time ever after 6 semi finals.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:20 - Mar 24 with 7339 viewsRangersw12

Congratulations

Have been supporting NZ ever since England went out

Really hope NZ beat the Aussies in the final
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:22 - Mar 24 with 7335 viewsCHUBBS

Yeah what a knock to win it by South African batsman Elliot.

Seriously,well done i hope you go on to win it
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:26 - Mar 24 with 7331 viewsKiwi76

The Hairy Javlin is one of ours now!
I'm bloody spent - 90 mins is bad enough but that was best part of 8hrs
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:45 - Mar 24 with 7301 viewsthame_hoops

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:20 - Mar 24 by Rangersw12

Congratulations

Have been supporting NZ ever since England went out

Really hope NZ beat the Aussies in the final

that would be sweet although i think India might beat them first
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:59 - Mar 24 with 7282 viewsElHoop

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:45 - Mar 24 by thame_hoops

that would be sweet although i think India might beat them first

India have been out there for 4 months now. It won't seem particularly foreign to them by now and they've improved a lot whilst they've been out there.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 11:29 - Mar 24 with 7254 viewsRangersw12

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:59 - Mar 24 by ElHoop

India have been out there for 4 months now. It won't seem particularly foreign to them by now and they've improved a lot whilst they've been out there.

They seem to have a mental block when it comes to the Aussies though
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 12:56 - Mar 24 with 7186 viewsMrSheen

Tip of the hat to Messrs Duckworth & Lewis, too. They got that spot on. The Saffers can't say they were cheated this time (22 to win from 1 ball).
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 13:06 - Mar 24 with 7168 viewsYorkRanger

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 12:56 - Mar 24 by MrSheen

Tip of the hat to Messrs Duckworth & Lewis, too. They got that spot on. The Saffers can't say they were cheated this time (22 to win from 1 ball).

Agreed, however the rain delay, without question, hurt the South Africans. At 216 for 3 after 38 overs if that had gone its course it would have been interesting if New Zealand had been chasing say 340.

That said pleased for New Zealand and sets up a great final.
Login to get fewer ads

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 18:10 - Mar 24 with 7066 viewssilky

Woohoo. Great to see us in the Final. Some unbelievable cricket played.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 18:30 - Mar 24 with 7051 viewsRecoilboss

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 18:10 - Mar 24 by silky

Woohoo. Great to see us in the Final. Some unbelievable cricket played.

SA did get a bit shafted by the rain delay, just as they were really kicking off - upscale would have been fairer at around 315. The mysteries of DL calculations are beyond most mortals and don't always take momentum properly into account.

Those Kiwi's have been steadily improving over the last 2 and a half years and throughly deserve to be in the final for their positive approach, proper coaching and some great talent. Hope they go on to win it.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 18:45 - Mar 24 with 7037 viewsKiwi76

Sth Africa had their chances - dropped catch with 2 players going for it and 2x missed run outs where took bails off without the ball with batsman well gone...
Seeing McCullum smashing the living sh*t out of Steyn was just incredible and gave us the momentum from get go - 24 off an over!
Going to be some hoarse and emotional Kiwi's about today
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 18:50 - Mar 24 with 7032 viewsCamberleyR

Well done the Kiwis, hope they win it. Be nice to see a different name on the trophy. South Africa have previous though in choking in World Cup semi finals.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 19:40 - Mar 24 with 6999 viewsDWQPR

Saw the 24 off one over whilst sitting in a plane waiting to taxi off at Luton airport. Absolutely unreal and great to see Steyn take it in the only way he could, with a smile.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 22:38 - Mar 24 with 6952 viewsSydneyRs

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 10:59 - Mar 24 by ElHoop

India lost to England 2 or 3 times here just a couple of months back, the same England who could not even beat Bangladesh. Much as I hope it doesn't happen, Australia will destroy them.

NZ have had all games at home so far to my knowledge. Facing Australia in a packed MCG is going to be very different. I really hope NZ win but can only see one result I'm afraid.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 23:24 - Mar 24 with 6935 viewsCamberleyR

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 22:38 - Mar 24 by SydneyRs

India lost to England 2 or 3 times here just a couple of months back, the same England who could not even beat Bangladesh. Much as I hope it doesn't happen, Australia will destroy them.

NZ have had all games at home so far to my knowledge. Facing Australia in a packed MCG is going to be very different. I really hope NZ win but can only see one result I'm afraid.

If it's the convicts vs the Kiwis, let's hope there's no repeat of this...

In the words of the great Richie Benaud: "one of the worst things I have ever seen done on a cricket field"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 23:51 - Mar 24 with 6927 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 23:24 - Mar 24 by CamberleyR

If it's the convicts vs the Kiwis, let's hope there's no repeat of this...

In the words of the great Richie Benaud: "one of the worst things I have ever seen done on a cricket field"

A dark day in Kiwi- Convict history indeed. Rod Marsh (oz keeper) was not impressed with his captains idea to bowl underarm. The whole of NZ is wandering about with silly grins on our faces today as it looked like we were doomed last night but we kept hanging in there and hoping... usually it's the hope that kills you or so I've heard somewhere before. Can we win the final? Most definitely, this team have no fear and although they won't back down v the ozzies that doesn't mean we will revert to the childish, racist, bully boy, sledgey crap the dingos tend towards. Of course we may face the Indians...
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 07:43 - Mar 25 with 6880 viewsElHoop

That was one India but this is the other one. I don't think that many people think of it as the same side. They've stepped up big time.

I was thinking a load of shit the other day and was trying to compare cricket world cup teams with football ones. Australia are big strong and intimidating so they must be Germany. India have loads of people and lots of skill so they must be Brazil. Pakistan are dogs of war and always seem to rise to the occasion (but not this time perhaps) so they are Argentina. South Africa always seem to choke and are clearly Holland anyway. Sri Lanka - skillful but smaller - probably Italy if anyone at all. England are always England, a mess. But what about New Zealand - who are they? Belgium? The USA?
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 07:56 - Mar 25 with 6871 viewsSydneyRs

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 23:51 - Mar 24 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

A dark day in Kiwi- Convict history indeed. Rod Marsh (oz keeper) was not impressed with his captains idea to bowl underarm. The whole of NZ is wandering about with silly grins on our faces today as it looked like we were doomed last night but we kept hanging in there and hoping... usually it's the hope that kills you or so I've heard somewhere before. Can we win the final? Most definitely, this team have no fear and although they won't back down v the ozzies that doesn't mean we will revert to the childish, racist, bully boy, sledgey crap the dingos tend towards. Of course we may face the Indians...

They can't help themselves. Yesterday their media should have been full of reports about a great semi final and NZ making it to the big one. Instead it was pathetic childish nonsense about South Africa choking. I really hope either India or NZ beat the t0ssers!
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 09:14 - Mar 25 with 6838 viewsMrSheen

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 07:43 - Mar 25 by ElHoop

That was one India but this is the other one. I don't think that many people think of it as the same side. They've stepped up big time.

I was thinking a load of shit the other day and was trying to compare cricket world cup teams with football ones. Australia are big strong and intimidating so they must be Germany. India have loads of people and lots of skill so they must be Brazil. Pakistan are dogs of war and always seem to rise to the occasion (but not this time perhaps) so they are Argentina. South Africa always seem to choke and are clearly Holland anyway. Sri Lanka - skillful but smaller - probably Italy if anyone at all. England are always England, a mess. But what about New Zealand - who are they? Belgium? The USA?

Portugal. Nearly always there, sometimes brilliant, never win.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 12:20 - Mar 25 with 6809 viewsElHoop

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 09:14 - Mar 25 by MrSheen

Portugal. Nearly always there, sometimes brilliant, never win.

Yeah Portugal maybe. McCullum as Ronaldo? I suppose that if Australia are Germany then NZ could even be Poland.
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 13:19 - Mar 29 with 6732 viewsSydneyRs

Sadly exactly as predicted. I even said. McCullum would get a duck at work on Friday. QPR are going down too!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 13:20]
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 16:09 - Mar 29 with 6684 viewsRecoilboss

After the 5th ball of the match, such a feeling of inevitability. Real anticlimax. Yes NZ have other talented players but at least some of them needed to come to the party.

Tediously sitting through 7 hours of Aussie dominance, followed by Warne and his "week of drinking mate...ripper.." rather ruined my Sunday morning.

Bad luck KIWI's.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 16:52]
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 21:46 - Mar 29 with 6610 viewsKiwi76

Gutted we didn't play anywhere near our best in final - McCullum is never a sure bet so excuse him but Guptil & Williamson dismissals were awful. Rebuilt and had chance to push on at 150/3 and then lost 7 wickets for bloody 30.
Well done getting there.
One bit of sour grapes is the lovely way Haddin performed to farewell likes of Elliot and Vettori - class act
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 22:18 - Mar 29 with 6599 viewsRecoilboss

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 21:46 - Mar 29 by Kiwi76

Gutted we didn't play anywhere near our best in final - McCullum is never a sure bet so excuse him but Guptil & Williamson dismissals were awful. Rebuilt and had chance to push on at 150/3 and then lost 7 wickets for bloody 30.
Well done getting there.
One bit of sour grapes is the lovely way Haddin performed to farewell likes of Elliot and Vettori - class act

I accept Australia are an excellent team right now but hard to like. Haddin's a nasty piece of work - as most of em are in fact. They were all at Elliot throughout his (very good) innings. The constant sledging leaves a nasty taste for me - gross hypocrisy especially in the light of Phil Hughes and the continuing potential of lethal damage via bouncers etc, borne out by the faux humility from Clarke in the post-match speeches. Cringe.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 22:20]
NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 23:26 - Mar 29 with 6576 viewsSydneyRs

NZ in World Cup Final!!! on 22:18 - Mar 29 by Recoilboss

I accept Australia are an excellent team right now but hard to like. Haddin's a nasty piece of work - as most of em are in fact. They were all at Elliot throughout his (very good) innings. The constant sledging leaves a nasty taste for me - gross hypocrisy especially in the light of Phil Hughes and the continuing potential of lethal damage via bouncers etc, borne out by the faux humility from Clarke in the post-match speeches. Cringe.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 22:20]

They have always been the same. Ugly winners and ugly losers. No class whatsoever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024