Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? 10:18 - Mar 26 with 4935 viewsBasingstokeR

from the "BBC Gossip Column" and the Times...

"Chelsea will move to sign QPR goalkeeper Robert Green, 35, in the summer as a replacement for 32-year-old Petr Cech, with the Czech Republic set to leave Stamford Bridge for £10m at the end of the season. (The Times - subscription required) "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4392992.ece
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:24 - Mar 26 with 4910 viewsdaveB

Green always strikes me as someone who wants to play, I think he could move in the summer but not sure going to warm the bench is a good idea for him.
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:30 - Mar 26 with 4876 viewsDiscodroids

at 35, if rob decides he wants to top up his pension pot while he can, i dont think we should stand in his way.

good servant to the club, and we have a 3 million pound goalkeeper getting splinters in his tight buns .

we cant have 2 goalkeepers on big wages in the championship and we could use robs wages to better effect elsewhere in the squad.i.e everywhere, defence, midfield and attack.

sounds a good deal all round to me, if rob wants to move into coaching while keeping a hand in on the playing side.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 10:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:32 - Mar 26 with 4871 viewsBasingstokeR

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:30 - Mar 26 by Discodroids

at 35, if rob decides he wants to top up his pension pot while he can, i dont think we should stand in his way.

good servant to the club, and we have a 3 million pound goalkeeper getting splinters in his tight buns .

we cant have 2 goalkeepers on big wages in the championship and we could use robs wages to better effect elsewhere in the squad.i.e everywhere, defence, midfield and attack.

sounds a good deal all round to me, if rob wants to move into coaching while keeping a hand in on the playing side.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 10:31]

He's on record that he doesn't want to get involved in coaching and is more interested in the "football governance" side; whether that's the DoF kind of route, or working for the FA in some sort of capacity.
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:34 - Mar 26 with 4854 viewsDiscodroids

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:32 - Mar 26 by BasingstokeR

He's on record that he doesn't want to get involved in coaching and is more interested in the "football governance" side; whether that's the DoF kind of route, or working for the FA in some sort of capacity.

ok mate, seems unlikely then.

i wonder if mcarthy will waste another year with us, i seem to recall he had a chacne to go to liverpool??.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:38 - Mar 26 with 4836 viewstoboboly

Chelsea often do a similar thing with ok but unspectacular keepers, think Turnbull, Schwarzer and so Green would be a good fit. They would probably match his wages too and he surely can't get that sort of money anywhere else?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:41 - Mar 26 with 4810 viewsWeaverQPR

We don't need Green and McCarthy on the books next year and id guess Greeno is the more expensive option.

@WeavQPR

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:44 - Mar 26 with 4796 viewsjohnhoop

Is he out of contract? If not I think the Russian should stump up at least 5 million for him. He's probably got that down the back of the sofa.
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:45 - Mar 26 with 4786 viewsLblock

I hope he goes there
I hope the Belgium guy gets a season long injury and Green plays every week
I hope they experience Greens kicking
I hope there's plenty of crosses into the 6 yard box
I hope they see plenty of dives after the ball has gone past him

Bye Bye Greeno. Don't drop the pen when signing the contract

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:52 - Mar 26 with 4769 viewsJuzzie

I've long given up worrying about where players go to. If he goes to Chelsea, fine. It's not as though he's done a Remy.
Green was brought in then shafted a few weeks later when Cesar was brought in. Cesar is gone and Green is still here and has had a good 2 seasons with us.

At least we can take the pi$$ out of Chelsea by saying they're our 'bitches' by buying our best players!
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:56 - Mar 26 with 4757 viewsGloucs_R

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:41 - Mar 26 by WeaverQPR

We don't need Green and McCarthy on the books next year and id guess Greeno is the more expensive option.

Agree.

Good for both parties if he goes.

Chelsea need English players for their quota.
Green would see it as one final pay check.
We cant afford to keep him if we go down
McCarthy is rated highly and given a run in the team would do well IMO

Murphy is out of contract this season too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 11:09 - Mar 26 with 4715 viewsderbyhoop

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 10:56 - Mar 26 by Gloucs_R

Agree.

Good for both parties if he goes.

Chelsea need English players for their quota.
Green would see it as one final pay check.
We cant afford to keep him if we go down
McCarthy is rated highly and given a run in the team would do well IMO

Murphy is out of contract this season too.

As are Lumley and Lennox

Do we want to be left with McCarthy and No backups

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 11:17 - Mar 26 with 4696 viewsrsonist

Green's experience was important for us in the Championship and would be so again, but he is expensive and we do have to give McCarthy (who's probably on okay money himself) his opportunity sooner or later. Makes sense for all parties.

An even cleaner slate for the summer. This coming overhaul will be the most crucial since Holloway's in 2001.
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 17:22 - Mar 26 with 4413 viewsMatch82

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 11:09 - Mar 26 by derbyhoop

As are Lumley and Lennox

Do we want to be left with McCarthy and No backups

No, but we could just as easily re-sign one of Murphy, Lennox or Lumley.
Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 21:35 - Mar 26 with 4252 viewsPunteR

I would rather him stay tbh. Still got a few years in him yet. Wages are probably an issue for us now though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 21:52 - Mar 26 with 4218 viewsLowerloftLad

He will want to have one final push with ENGLAND so playing for chelsea will not be awnser as he will need to play regular footabll I can see him moving back to west ham

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 22:46 - Mar 26 with 4153 viewsbosh67

I think Green would be happy to stay even if we go down but I think he would understand if for financial reasons he has to move on to another Prem team.

Like so many players that have done well he started out as very dodgy, verging on awful but rode the criticism and has become a very important and dependable part of the team. Some really super human saves and always a top attitude.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 09:56 - Mar 27 with 3983 viewsderbyhoop

I seem to think he was offered a 2 year deal last Summer. But on wages well down on his previous deal.

Whether that is still affordable or acceptable to both parties, in the Championship, is another matter.

As to the backups, I'd let Murphy go and resign one of the younger keepers, probably Lumley.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rob Green to Stamford Bridge...? on 14:20 - Mar 27 with 3889 viewsFredManRave

Has anybody seen or heard from Bluce?!

I fear that after his high of seeing prolonged footage of Green in action at the England training camp followed by the possibility that said Green could be going to Chelsea might have been too much for him to take. He seems quite an angry chap at the best of times.

Let us know you're ok Bluce and what you think of Greens potential move to Chelsea...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024