Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German plane crashed deliberately 11:50 - Mar 26 with 9869 viewsQPR1882

Pointing towards deliberate crash by the co pilot, This tragedy is getting worse and worse.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 12:36]
German plane crash on 11:57 - Mar 26 with 5480 viewsQPR1882

http://news.sky.com/story/1453092/alps-co-pilot-crashed-deliberately-prosecutor
German plane crash on 12:08 - Mar 26 with 5428 viewsMytch_QPR

Something has gone badly wrong as the Captain should apparently be able to still gain entry to the cockpit - unless the co-pilot was able to sabotage this in some way.

The whole thing is tragic in any event but to wish to commit suicide and take everyone on board as well seems beyond belief. No doubt some conspiracy theories will appear soon - as usual - but the one thing that has to come out of this is a system to ensure it can't happen again.

I can't start to imagine how the families of this tragedy will feel if this is confirmed - it makes an already terrible situation even worse.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

German plane crash on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 5395 viewsQPR1882

German plane crash on 12:08 - Mar 26 by Mytch_QPR

Something has gone badly wrong as the Captain should apparently be able to still gain entry to the cockpit - unless the co-pilot was able to sabotage this in some way.

The whole thing is tragic in any event but to wish to commit suicide and take everyone on board as well seems beyond belief. No doubt some conspiracy theories will appear soon - as usual - but the one thing that has to come out of this is a system to ensure it can't happen again.

I can't start to imagine how the families of this tragedy will feel if this is confirmed - it makes an already terrible situation even worse.

Saying on sky that since American twin towers all doors to cockpits on all planes can only be opened from the inside via a code, there is no way the pilot could have opened the door from the outside once it was closed.
German plane crash on 12:18 - Mar 26 with 5372 viewsjohncharles

In the States, no one is allowed to be on their own the flight deck. If the pilot/co-pilot needs to go to the loo, another member of the crew must take his place.

Strong and stable my arse.

German plane crash on 12:22 - Mar 26 with 5360 viewsMytch_QPR

German plane crash on 12:14 - Mar 26 by QPR1882

Saying on sky that since American twin towers all doors to cockpits on all planes can only be opened from the inside via a code, there is no way the pilot could have opened the door from the outside once it was closed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-32070528

Interesting - there seems to be an override but that is used in the event that the other pilot is incapacitated - but seems he / she can still stop entry into the cockpit if they wish. Terrible thing to say, but with hijackers there is still a chance there would be survivors. I wonder how often pilots have psychological profiling.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

German plane crash on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 5312 viewsmikeygunn

The whole thing is ruddy scary. Mrs Gunn already hates flying, this will put the stamp on no more holidays abroad via the use of an aeroplane!
German plane crashed deliberately on 12:48 - Mar 26 with 5240 viewsstevec

Can't help feeling that with each crash we are only being fed so much information, enough to imply the cause and reassure us to an extent, then wait until the public interest dies away.

Has there been definitive information on pilots backgrounds come out on MH370, MH17, Air Asia, their religious beliefs. Guess that's the last thing they'd want us to know.
German plane crashed deliberately on 13:01 - Mar 26 with 5185 viewskingsburyR

The were kids aboard that flight...Fu(kin kids.

How can a man do this???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

German plane crashed deliberately on 13:14 - Mar 26 with 5116 viewsJAPRANGERS

German plane crashed deliberately on 13:01 - Mar 26 by kingsburyR

The were kids aboard that flight...Fu(kin kids.

How can a man do this???

Just totally shocking and unbelievable. If the co-pilot wanted to off himself, it's his choice. Just go and hang yourself, take pills etc. Why in hell's name do you have to take 150 souls with you??
German plane crashed deliberately on 13:57 - Mar 26 with 4991 viewsDiscodroids

only just seen this latest news, not often im lost for words, but in this case i can only think of the babies in their mothers arms.

off for a wee greet.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

German plane crashed deliberately on 14:29 - Mar 26 with 4893 viewsBklynRanger

German plane crashed deliberately on 12:48 - Mar 26 by stevec

Can't help feeling that with each crash we are only being fed so much information, enough to imply the cause and reassure us to an extent, then wait until the public interest dies away.

Has there been definitive information on pilots backgrounds come out on MH370, MH17, Air Asia, their religious beliefs. Guess that's the last thing they'd want us to know.

Somehow even more tragic but It definitely puts the conspiracy theory cat back among the conspiracy pigeons.

I was just thinking yesterday - imagine if at some point 4 or 5 videos were released all at once with all these pilots declaring jihad on us? That would be chicken oriental. (Just a bit of daftness by the way before anybody gets their knickers in a twist...)
German plane crashed deliberately on 17:23 - Mar 26 with 4661 viewsbatmanhoop

German plane crashed deliberately on 13:14 - Mar 26 by JAPRANGERS

Just totally shocking and unbelievable. If the co-pilot wanted to off himself, it's his choice. Just go and hang yourself, take pills etc. Why in hell's name do you have to take 150 souls with you??

this, so sad
German plane crashed deliberately on 19:34 - Mar 26 with 4523 viewsAunt_Nelly

8 minute descent. Just horrific.
German plane crashed deliberately on 20:00 - Mar 26 with 4464 viewsFredManRave

German plane crashed deliberately on 19:34 - Mar 26 by Aunt_Nelly

8 minute descent. Just horrific.

Utterly horific, undoubtedly, but for what it's worth, from what I've read about the incident so far, the passengers weren't aware of the situation and that the plane was going to crash until the final seconds.

Utterly incomprehensible situation.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

German plane crashed deliberately on 20:11 - Mar 26 with 4429 viewsHollowayRanger

Can you imgine being a passenger sitting there watching the captain banging on the door to be let back in as the ground gets nearer and nearer

the only tiny blessing is they say there was only screaming in the final moments

its such a double edged sword the security door is to stop nutters getting into the cabin but what if the nutters in the cabin!!!!

I was surprised that there were planes with only two in cabin, pilot and co pilot no engineer or radio man now they are saying all planes MUST have two on flight deck at all times, problem with that to me is this

with a 3 man crew instead of a 2 man crew chances of a nutter increase by 33% and if one is a nutter the sane one will be sitting there doing his job without a clue that the nutty one is about to attack him with a weapon so unlikely to be able to stop him anyway

wont stop me flying but horrible to think the man who's hands you put your's and you familys life in could be the one trying to kill you

makes that one in asia look like another sucide job for sure

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

German plane crashed deliberately on 20:21 - Mar 26 with 4402 viewsthemodfather

cos of the twin towers, security tightened up....so the 2nd pilot could not access cockpit to maybe save the day, what now?
do they instal a second small auto pilot emergency box somewhere, which will over ride the main cock pit and maintain height or slowly gain height??
ie so the maniac in the cockpit can't crash the sodding thing!
even if they put a 2nd person in cockpit, if matey is armed, no point..i always thought there were radio staff and/or navigators in there...or maybe i watch too many old films, like airplane...roger, oveur and owt!
German plane crashed deliberately on 20:28 - Mar 26 with 4379 viewsHollowayRanger

its a no win postion they need to stop outsiders getting into the cabin ,it wouldnt be hard to force crew to give up code if you held a knife at their throat but then if the nutter is in the cabin how do you get the door open

only thing I can think is they design the planes so that there is a toilet inside the crew cabin either that or give them a portaloo so they stay on the flightdeck for the full flight

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

German plane crashed deliberately on 20:37 - Mar 26 with 4358 viewsRecoilboss

Even if you look at in just pure economic terms, would it not be efficient to employ a fully vetted, trained & armed security person as (specifically) part of the pilot crew, who has full control over the doorway controls and in turn over any/all pilots and their activities - someone whose only job is to oversee absolute protocol and can spot any errant behaviour, weirdness and so on? I’m not saying they could actually fly the plane as such.

The cost of aircraft loss, the recovery processes, dealing with multiple passenger deaths, families, insurance pay outs, support and knock on confidence in the airline must surely make it worthwhile to invest in more measures?

After this particular incident, the opportunity for just a single pilot to lock himself in the cockpit will no doubt be removed but there is still the chance of a ‘pair with a plan’, which is why I actually think the bigger the team, the lesser the chances of this kind of incident. Of course a pair could still bring a plane down even with an overseer I guess.

What an utter utter cnt the bloke was for taking so many with him.
German plane crashed deliberately on 20:58 - Mar 26 with 4300 viewsjohncharles

I know as much about the situation as you do and you don't know any more than I do.
In the local paper, a few years ago, there was a report of an overweight person who had collapsed at the door and made it impossible for any medical staff to get in. (The Fire Brigade had to climb in through an upper window) does anyone know if the person inquestion was overweight or had a heart condition ? No, neither do I.
So a guy has has decided to top himself and take 150 others with him yet and he makes no statement. No religious, political or totally insane rambling statement. Nothing. He could of stayed at home with 50 paracetamol.
Nothing adds up so can we wait for a few more facts before we go all tabloid ranting.
As I said, I don't know anymore than you do and you don't know anymore than me.

German plane crashed deliberately on 21:02 - Mar 26 with 4293 viewsQPR1882

German plane crashed deliberately on 20:28 - Mar 26 by HollowayRanger

its a no win postion they need to stop outsiders getting into the cabin ,it wouldnt be hard to force crew to give up code if you held a knife at their throat but then if the nutter is in the cabin how do you get the door open

only thing I can think is they design the planes so that there is a toilet inside the crew cabin either that or give them a portaloo so they stay on the flightdeck for the full flight

The answer is the way the Americans do it, one out,one in.

If a pilot or co-pilot go for a comfort break the chief steward comes in and sits in his seat until he returns, that way there is always 2 people in the cockpit.
German plane crashed deliberately on 21:05 - Mar 26 with 4286 viewsQPR1882

German plane crashed deliberately on 20:58 - Mar 26 by johncharles

I know as much about the situation as you do and you don't know any more than I do.
In the local paper, a few years ago, there was a report of an overweight person who had collapsed at the door and made it impossible for any medical staff to get in. (The Fire Brigade had to climb in through an upper window) does anyone know if the person inquestion was overweight or had a heart condition ? No, neither do I.
So a guy has has decided to top himself and take 150 others with him yet and he makes no statement. No religious, political or totally insane rambling statement. Nothing. He could of stayed at home with 50 paracetamol.
Nothing adds up so can we wait for a few more facts before we go all tabloid ranting.
As I said, I don't know anymore than you do and you don't know anymore than me.

It's hardly tabloid ranting when the information is coming from the airline it self.
German plane crashed deliberately on 21:10 - Mar 26 with 4277 viewsAndyB

For me, the question now faced is "do we consider the threat of loopy pilots to be more of an issue than terrorists gaining control of a potential guided missile".
The answer is no as the latter could be far more destructive than the former.
All they can do is put some more procedural mitigation in place - such as insist on two crew members in flight deck at all times. Not ideal and not 100%, but it may have helped here.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 9:38]
German plane crashed deliberately on 21:19 - Mar 26 with 4245 viewsjohncharles

German plane crashed deliberately on 21:02 - Mar 26 by QPR1882

The answer is the way the Americans do it, one out,one in.

If a pilot or co-pilot go for a comfort break the chief steward comes in and sits in his seat until he returns, that way there is always 2 people in the cockpit.

What I said earlier

German plane crashed deliberately on 21:26 - Mar 26 with 4239 viewsQPR1882

German plane crashed deliberately on 21:19 - Mar 26 by johncharles

What I said earlier

Yep

Was a big thing on sky about it earlier,is the cheapest method of securing the cockpit as there is no alteration to the plane,and can be implemented tomorrow if needs be by all airlines at zero cost.This would only be needed on short haul flights.
German plane crashed deliberately on 21:30 - Mar 26 with 4224 viewsHollowayRanger

German plane crashed deliberately on 21:19 - Mar 26 by johncharles

What I said earlier

still not that safe if theres two of you and one loses it and decides he's going crash plane first thing he will do is kill the 2nd person

the 2nd person wont even know what hit them till its too late

sadly there is no perfect solution ,certainly an armed guard controlling the door is a major no no for me

only option id be happy with is 3 -4 man crew all stay in cabin for flight beds and toilet built in ,im sure it would need a major change in plane design but long term its the best solution

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024