Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton 15:33 - Mar 26 with 7927 viewsHayesender

"Flattered" to be linked with the QPR job.

Interesting that he didn't dismiss it out of hand

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Warburton on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 1674 viewsdaveB

Mark Warburton on 16:16 - Mar 26 by essextaxiboy

Well if thats the case then Warburton will be found out as well when he goes . For us to be the test club would be a gamble IMO .

Whoever comes in is a gamble, if we stick with Ramsey we've no idea if he can do the job of building his own squad, same with Clement and all the promising ones like Warburton and Howe could easily struggle when they come to this nuthouse
Mark Warburton on 17:01 - Mar 26 with 1655 viewsOutintheOrne

At yeast he is flattered by the interest of the roll at QPR.
Mark Warburton on 17:09 - Mar 26 with 1631 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mark Warburton on 16:48 - Mar 26 by JordanFoster

What on earth is SoG? Have I missed something really obvious here?

Me too??
Should it be DOG then?
Mark Warburton on 17:10 - Mar 26 with 1624 viewsjamois

Mark Warburton on 16:11 - Mar 26 by essextaxiboy

Gianni Paladini was our Sporting Director and we actually were promoted . Ramsey managed England U 20s and coached at Spurs at the top level for 10 years bringing through some of the players at the top of the game today .

If we go down I cant see the point of making a change and if we stay up Ramsey deserves a go IMO
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 16:12]

Alright ETB?! Long time...;) I'm thinking let''s be clear on what the criteria are for an appointment in the first place.

Great coach - check
Man motivator - check
Team philosophy/culture - check
Eye for talent (ooh err missus) - check
Tactician, master strategist - dunno
Youth development - dunno
Good at managing budgets, spending money (or not) - no idea

Anything missing or wrong?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Mark Warburton on 17:14 - Mar 26 with 1613 viewsNorthernr

Given that since the money arrived at our club we've had 10 permanent managers and apart from 18 months with Warnock they've all failed I think we're, once again, missing the point here.

We've had English, Northern Irish, Welsh, Italian and Portuguese managers. We've had veterans with all the experience in the world, and untried rookies. We've had old style and we've had new age, we've had coaches and we've had managers. We've spent big money, medium money and no money at all. We've shopped abroad, shopped at home. We've had a manager doing all the transfers, and a manager being used as a head coach with all the transfers made for him. We've loaned kids from big clubs, we've chased big names, we've looked for younger and hungrier players.

Throughout it all, apart from that one season under Warnock (when, crucially, the club was being run day to day by Bhatia and Saksena) we've been absoltue sht. Absolute, total sht. Sht results, sht football. We're fcking sht now.

At what point, after how many more managers, after how much longer, are we going to realise that the bloody problem here isn't the players and it isn't who the fcking manager is? All this talk about formations, Vargas playing, Ramsey not being very good, missing out on Pulis/Sherwood, Barton being a fool, Caulker not playing very well etc etc etc etc is all irrelevant.
Mark Warburton on 17:17 - Mar 26 with 1602 viewsWeaverQPR

Mark Warburton on 17:14 - Mar 26 by Northernr

Given that since the money arrived at our club we've had 10 permanent managers and apart from 18 months with Warnock they've all failed I think we're, once again, missing the point here.

We've had English, Northern Irish, Welsh, Italian and Portuguese managers. We've had veterans with all the experience in the world, and untried rookies. We've had old style and we've had new age, we've had coaches and we've had managers. We've spent big money, medium money and no money at all. We've shopped abroad, shopped at home. We've had a manager doing all the transfers, and a manager being used as a head coach with all the transfers made for him. We've loaned kids from big clubs, we've chased big names, we've looked for younger and hungrier players.

Throughout it all, apart from that one season under Warnock (when, crucially, the club was being run day to day by Bhatia and Saksena) we've been absoltue sht. Absolute, total sht. Sht results, sht football. We're fcking sht now.

At what point, after how many more managers, after how much longer, are we going to realise that the bloody problem here isn't the players and it isn't who the fcking manager is? All this talk about formations, Vargas playing, Ramsey not being very good, missing out on Pulis/Sherwood, Barton being a fool, Caulker not playing very well etc etc etc etc is all irrelevant.

Yep Tony OUT OUT OUT

@WeavQPR

Mark Warburton on 17:20 - Mar 26 with 1599 viewsessextaxiboy

Mark Warburton on 16:30 - Mar 26 by Antti_Heinola

Every single managerial appointment ever made in the history of football has been a 'gamble', taxi.

I suppose it is , how do you tip the odds though ?
Mark Warburton on 17:27 - Mar 26 with 1581 viewsessextaxiboy

Mark Warburton on 17:10 - Mar 26 by jamois

Alright ETB?! Long time...;) I'm thinking let''s be clear on what the criteria are for an appointment in the first place.

Great coach - check
Man motivator - check
Team philosophy/culture - check
Eye for talent (ooh err missus) - check
Tactician, master strategist - dunno
Youth development - dunno
Good at managing budgets, spending money (or not) - no idea

Anything missing or wrong?

Hi , hope you are doing ok .

Wouldnt argue with any of that , Not sure whether you will tick all the boxes with anyone . Everyone will put them in a different order

Just sick of keep changing managers TBH
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton on 17:29 - Mar 26 with 1577 viewsessextaxiboy

So we need a change of ownership then Clive ? (honest question)
Mark Warburton on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 1566 viewsJuzzie

Mark Warburton on 15:39 - Mar 26 by switchingcode

What's new ?been telling you lot ages ago this was happening.

People just love a good "I told you so".

I swear some people (not you, I'm genaralising now) love a good right old misery and the club to fk up just so they can smugly come on here xxx months later with "I told you so".

I'd rather be wrong and the club a success, others seem to prefer the opposite.

jeez.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 17:39]
Mark Warburton on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 1564 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton on 17:29 - Mar 26 by essextaxiboy

I said on the podcast last week Fernandes should write the debt off and sell the club. You could say it's unrealistic to expect a businessman to ealk away from £160m but he's not getting it back, and if the club continues for the next three years as it has for his three years so far he'll lose another £160m.

Fernandes is a better owner than Britatore was who was better than Paladini, but you can't honestly say anyof them did anything other than a poor job, and they've changed our club beyond all recognition (not for the better) in the process. We might get another owner who makes no difference at all, but I am mystified that everybody is so keen to make scapegoats of players and managers, and make out like we're only one player or manager away from the solution, without ever looking at the constant here.
Mark Warburton on 17:41 - Mar 26 with 1555 viewsJuzzie

Mark Warburton on 17:29 - Mar 26 by essextaxiboy

Maybe not change of ownership, just the right people to run the club day-to-day. As others have said, Amit and Saksena didn't do a bad job, then Flavio got rid of them.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 17:42]
Mark Warburton on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 1542 viewsTacticalR

Mark Warburton on 16:51 - Mar 26 by Northernr

Long serving poster. Shrill. Usually found after a defeat. On every thread.

An acquired taste perhaps, but in my view a treasure and an ornament to this board.

Air hostess clique

Mark Warburton on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 1542 viewsJuzzie

"and make out like we're only one player or manager away from the solution".... that was Harry's mantra... "just one more player guv, 'onest".
Mark Warburton on 17:48 - Mar 26 with 1522 viewsessextaxiboy

Mark Warburton on 17:44 - Mar 26 by TacticalR

An acquired taste perhaps, but in my view a treasure and an ornament to this board.

Never seen after a victory or a positive . Thats what gets me ticking .
Mark Warburton on 17:56 - Mar 26 with 1477 viewsSpiritofGregory

Mark Warburton on 15:40 - Mar 26 by Gloucs_R

SOG will be happy, maybe Pressley could be his number two?

Better than the usual boring suspects suggested by some - Gallen, Bircham, Ainsworth, Derry, Hill.....
Mark Warburton on 17:58 - Mar 26 with 1470 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton on 17:56 - Mar 26 by SpiritofGregory

Better than the usual boring suspects suggested by some - Gallen, Bircham, Ainsworth, Derry, Hill.....

Somebody said something almost identical to that on another thread. Can't quite remember who....
Mark Warburton on 18:00 - Mar 26 with 1460 viewsted_hendrix

To be truthful I wouldn't have a clue who could manage our club anymore, It seems to me that whoever has come in in the past few Years has cocked it up, In an almost submissive way there seems to be a bloody spell or rain cloud hovering over us, whatever we do ultimately turns to shyte or seems too.
Anyway Easter is on Its way, maybe Jesus will finally come back next week, give him a go I suppose, tried everything else.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mark Warburton on 18:04 - Mar 26 with 1459 viewsdaveB

The owners at QPR have all been clowns since Gregory left and even he had a meltdown trying to merge us before he went. The only decent one died shagging. Paladini started this all, the rest have continued it, when David Davies and Nick Blackburn now look competent things must be bad,

I'm not sure selling up is the answer for Fernandes, would the next one be any better but bringing in the right people to run the club day to day and give the club the care and attention it needs would help and he doesn;t need to sell up for that to happen. Ferdinand in and Beard out was a good start imo but a long way to go.
Mark Warburton on 18:05 - Mar 26 with 1453 viewsSpiritofGregory

Mark Warburton on 17:58 - Mar 26 by Northernr

Somebody said something almost identical to that on another thread. Can't quite remember who....

Another poster with some sense.
Mark Warburton on 18:05 - Mar 26 with 1456 viewsClive_Anderson

Not that I completely disagree, but what is it exactly that has stopped the managers doing a good job?

As far as I can see Hughes and Redknapp had a free reign to do what they liked. How is it Tony's fault that Harry couldn't be arsed and just signed his old mates from a decade ago?
Mark Warburton on 18:11 - Mar 26 with 1450 viewsdaveB

Mark Warburton on 18:05 - Mar 26 by Clive_Anderson

Not that I completely disagree, but what is it exactly that has stopped the managers doing a good job?

As far as I can see Hughes and Redknapp had a free reign to do what they liked. How is it Tony's fault that Harry couldn't be arsed and just signed his old mates from a decade ago?

Thats the problem in a nutshell, no one from the ceo to the chairman to the manager has done a good job apart from that one year under Warnock. Even that almost went tits up due to the director of football being a less than honest individual.

For me you have to look at who we recruit for the key roles at the club and the motivation they have for working at QPR. Very few of the key men at QPR really since Holloway and Mark Devlin left have been doing the role because this is their dream job and they are going to do everything they can, work every hour they can to make this club a success and that goes from the chairman to the manager to the scouts, coaches, cleaners to the players. They've all seen it as a jolly up and until we get the right men in the key positions this won't change.
Mark Warburton on 18:30 - Mar 26 with 1407 viewspaulparker

IMHO the club has been run poorly for years, the only one to turn a profit was dickie Thompson & he was hated
The problem we have/had is players, agents,managers, coaches see us as an easy ride a pension top up , a place they can get good contracts doing the minimum a place where the boss (TF) is looked at like a supply teacher where everyone takes the p1ss without facing the consequences,
We have to change our philosophy like Ashley did at Newcastle to a degree
No more big contracts, only buy players under 25 , salary caps, good scouting, promote youth,
If we were to go down this road then Warburton would be our man

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Warburton on 18:56 - Mar 26 with 1376 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton on 18:05 - Mar 26 by SpiritofGregory

Another poster with some sense.

And a remarkably similar IP address.
Mark Warburton on 19:09 - Mar 26 with 1348 viewsdanehoop

Mmm. SOG with multiple personality disorder shock...

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024