Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton 15:33 - Mar 26 with 7886 viewsHayesender

"Flattered" to be linked with the QPR job.

Interesting that he didn't dismiss it out of hand

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Warburton on 03:46 - Mar 27 with 1895 viewsFDC

Mark Warburton on 16:51 - Mar 26 by Northernr

Long serving poster. Shrill. Usually found after a defeat. On every thread.

Like a black hole. But more misanthropic.
Mark Warburton on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 1809 viewsswitchingcode

Mark Warburton on 17:39 - Mar 26 by Juzzie

People just love a good "I told you so".

I swear some people (not you, I'm genaralising now) love a good right old misery and the club to fk up just so they can smugly come on here xxx months later with "I told you so".

I'd rather be wrong and the club a success, others seem to prefer the opposite.

jeez.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 17:39]

Not being smug but just pointing out what a lot of Bees fans have suspected as we know he spoke to your club back in January.Warburton took over from Rosler with a good squad of players plus a very suportive owner who backed him by increasing the budget.However Warburton took our football to a new level so much so I doubt if we would have got promoted had Rosler stayed.whether he will do a good job for you depends on the structure he has to work within and how much time he will be given as I could see if you go down the expectations will be for an emediate return to the premier league.He will bring David Weir as his assistant not sure how that will leave the situation with Ramsey and Ferdenand remaining at the club.Would have preferred Warbs to have stayed but he chose to leave the club due to disagreement on the vision Matthew Benham has for our club the same vision and initiative he is using at the Danish side he owns F C Midtylland who sit 11 points clear at the top of the Dannish league and will be playing in CL next season a small club similar to us.
Mark Warburton on 08:20 - Mar 27 with 1788 viewsTheBlob

'tis The Curse we be wantin' to get rid of......

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They say if you repeat something twice it may be a coincidence,but more than that and it's a trend.Luck seems to be a quantifiable portion of probability and the truly lucky don't get involved with bad luck - they seem to unconsciously put a swerve around it.We won't get a shift of fortune until all is changed,owners and ground.
Warburton won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mark Warburton on 08:52 - Mar 27 with 1767 viewsJordanFoster

Mark Warburton on 08:20 - Mar 27 by TheBlob

'tis The Curse we be wantin' to get rid of......

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They say if you repeat something twice it may be a coincidence,but more than that and it's a trend.Luck seems to be a quantifiable portion of probability and the truly lucky don't get involved with bad luck - they seem to unconsciously put a swerve around it.We won't get a shift of fortune until all is changed,owners and ground.
Warburton won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Similar to how a good player doesn't necessarily represent a good signing - especially when it comes to QPR over the last few years.

It's the same with managers to a degree. Warburton an excellent manager, but the right man and fit for QPR? Not so sure..
Mark Warburton on 11:48 - Mar 27 with 1687 viewsderbyhoop

I think the issue is that we are a small club that's punched above its weight for 50 years. We've tried to act the big man, without the resources to back it. How many years out of the 50 have we made a profit / broken even?

A new manager wont make an appreciable difference unless there is a clearly defined philosophy. One that isn't blown off course by 4 or 5 bad results.

What would we give for the mix of talented youngsters, a smattering of seasoned older pros and a talisman picked up on the cheap. That was what dragged us out of the 3rd tier in 1967.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mark Warburton on 12:26 - Mar 27 with 1646 viewsadhoc_qpr

Mark Warburton on 08:52 - Mar 27 by JordanFoster

Similar to how a good player doesn't necessarily represent a good signing - especially when it comes to QPR over the last few years.

It's the same with managers to a degree. Warburton an excellent manager, but the right man and fit for QPR? Not so sure..

What do you think makes him the wrong fit out of interest?

I would think key handicaps to overcome are our woeful coaching and scouting setups - Warburton seems to be a great fit there.

I appreciate there are things about QPR that will handicap anyone we appoint (TF, training ground, FFP etc etc)
Mark Warburton on 12:33 - Mar 27 with 1633 viewsAntti_Heinola

Unfortunately, we all need to take a breath as fans and accept things will take a very long time to get better. We've had poor owners and poor managers. Poor owners who spent money, poor owners who didn't. Managers who achieved success, managers who didn't.

Establishing the academy, growing the club, changing the culture of the entire club from top to bottom will not take 3 months, or 6 months or even a year. It will take 5 years, minimum. It astounded me the other day to see someone on here lacing into Les Ferdinand, who has been here, relatively speaking, for 5 minutes.

Clubs with a model we should aspire to - WBA, Swansea, Southampton, Stoke - clubs of a comparable size - took years to see what they planned come to fruition.

And while Clive is spot on about the manager, what we do need is the right man for the next three years. That might not be the person who's going to get us into the top half of the Premier League, but it should be a person who can spend wisely, who is given time, who is not expected to achieve immediate promotion, who will care about the club, who will not get us relegated, who will look for and know about younger players who might serve us well for a few years, rather than just getting us through until the next transfer window.

In short, everyone, from TF downwards, needs to lower their expectations and demands in the short term. Warburton may well be a very good pick for our position. Another one, following the lead of Swansea and Wolves, would be Kenny Jackett - an appointment that won't be seen as exciting, but certainly a very safe pair of hands and a man who will care about the club from the bottom up.

Bare bones.

Mark Warburton on 12:45 - Mar 27 with 1604 viewsTacticalR

Mark Warburton on 08:05 - Mar 27 by switchingcode

Not being smug but just pointing out what a lot of Bees fans have suspected as we know he spoke to your club back in January.Warburton took over from Rosler with a good squad of players plus a very suportive owner who backed him by increasing the budget.However Warburton took our football to a new level so much so I doubt if we would have got promoted had Rosler stayed.whether he will do a good job for you depends on the structure he has to work within and how much time he will be given as I could see if you go down the expectations will be for an emediate return to the premier league.He will bring David Weir as his assistant not sure how that will leave the situation with Ramsey and Ferdenand remaining at the club.Would have preferred Warbs to have stayed but he chose to leave the club due to disagreement on the vision Matthew Benham has for our club the same vision and initiative he is using at the Danish side he owns F C Midtylland who sit 11 points clear at the top of the Dannish league and will be playing in CL next season a small club similar to us.

switchingcode, do you know what the nature of the 'disagreement on the vision' was exactly?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton on 12:46 - Mar 27 with 1602 viewsJordanFoster

Mark Warburton on 12:45 - Mar 27 by TacticalR

switchingcode, do you know what the nature of the 'disagreement on the vision' was exactly?

Benham felt the club should invest and bring more players in in January, Warburton said it would upset the atmosphere and they weren't needed.
Mark Warburton on 13:07 - Mar 27 with 1554 viewsTacticalR

Mark Warburton on 12:46 - Mar 27 by JordanFoster

Benham felt the club should invest and bring more players in in January, Warburton said it would upset the atmosphere and they weren't needed.

Should get on like a house on fire with the new Tony 'We have good players' Fernandes.

Air hostess clique

Mark Warburton on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 1549 viewsNov77

agree, it's irrelevant who we bring in , as Warren Buffett says:

When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.

there's a reason clubs like swansea can change managers so often and remain on an even keel, they're a well run club. we on the other hand are a shambles.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mark Warburton on 14:26 - Mar 27 with 1483 viewsbaz_qpr

Mark Warburton on 17:14 - Mar 26 by Northernr

Given that since the money arrived at our club we've had 10 permanent managers and apart from 18 months with Warnock they've all failed I think we're, once again, missing the point here.

We've had English, Northern Irish, Welsh, Italian and Portuguese managers. We've had veterans with all the experience in the world, and untried rookies. We've had old style and we've had new age, we've had coaches and we've had managers. We've spent big money, medium money and no money at all. We've shopped abroad, shopped at home. We've had a manager doing all the transfers, and a manager being used as a head coach with all the transfers made for him. We've loaned kids from big clubs, we've chased big names, we've looked for younger and hungrier players.

Throughout it all, apart from that one season under Warnock (when, crucially, the club was being run day to day by Bhatia and Saksena) we've been absoltue sht. Absolute, total sht. Sht results, sht football. We're fcking sht now.

At what point, after how many more managers, after how much longer, are we going to realise that the bloody problem here isn't the players and it isn't who the fcking manager is? All this talk about formations, Vargas playing, Ramsey not being very good, missing out on Pulis/Sherwood, Barton being a fool, Caulker not playing very well etc etc etc etc is all irrelevant.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for difficult facts of the Faurlin debacle and that without a golden season from Taarabt we would most likely have been mid table at best, not to forget that Gianni was still very much running the football side of things then.

The reality is that after a promotion with a team relying on one man we blew a load of money chasing our tails and have for ever trying to play catch up to that. The clubs we look at as the successful models have been built long term and from the lower divisions. Others that a few years we would have highlighted as the ones to follow, Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Norwich, Charlton are all blowing their furrows in the Championship and some on the brink of collapse.

The reality is that it takes something really well run, mixed with some extraordinary talent (both managers and players) in order to take a middling club get it into the premier league and stay there. The most successful are also one town / city clubs.

The idea there is some standard magic formula is just poppycock. The fact that we have tried so many ways should not be considered extraordinary but actually par for the course. Its the cold hard reality of modern day football. Only a few clubs can find that magic formula and even then they never sustain beyond a decade at the very most.

I know its the fashionable thing at the moment but its as wildly simplistic to say just change the owners or the CEO as it is to change the manager. All clubs can't all be successful all of the time.

Getting back to the original question, Warburton IMHO is as much as a gamble as Ramsey / Clement or Clint Hill. He's had success in a club where the owner applies a big data approach to recruitment, he has done well would he do as well elsewhere, who knows. I don't think Ramsey is the way forward, I think his tactics and in game management remind me of Ian Dowie. I don't see extraordinary talent there, There is evidence he is an extraordinary talent at developing young players over the long term though. So iMHO that is what we should be employing him to do.
Mark Warburton on 14:52 - Mar 27 with 1451 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton on 14:26 - Mar 27 by baz_qpr

I would agree with you if it wasn't for difficult facts of the Faurlin debacle and that without a golden season from Taarabt we would most likely have been mid table at best, not to forget that Gianni was still very much running the football side of things then.

The reality is that after a promotion with a team relying on one man we blew a load of money chasing our tails and have for ever trying to play catch up to that. The clubs we look at as the successful models have been built long term and from the lower divisions. Others that a few years we would have highlighted as the ones to follow, Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Norwich, Charlton are all blowing their furrows in the Championship and some on the brink of collapse.

The reality is that it takes something really well run, mixed with some extraordinary talent (both managers and players) in order to take a middling club get it into the premier league and stay there. The most successful are also one town / city clubs.

The idea there is some standard magic formula is just poppycock. The fact that we have tried so many ways should not be considered extraordinary but actually par for the course. Its the cold hard reality of modern day football. Only a few clubs can find that magic formula and even then they never sustain beyond a decade at the very most.

I know its the fashionable thing at the moment but its as wildly simplistic to say just change the owners or the CEO as it is to change the manager. All clubs can't all be successful all of the time.

Getting back to the original question, Warburton IMHO is as much as a gamble as Ramsey / Clement or Clint Hill. He's had success in a club where the owner applies a big data approach to recruitment, he has done well would he do as well elsewhere, who knows. I don't think Ramsey is the way forward, I think his tactics and in game management remind me of Ian Dowie. I don't see extraordinary talent there, There is evidence he is an extraordinary talent at developing young players over the long term though. So iMHO that is what we should be employing him to do.

I think you are agreeing with me, I certainly agree with all of that!
Mark Warburton on 15:01 - Mar 27 with 1439 viewsPinnerPaul

Certainly one of the better debates on here.

My simplistic view is that we must have a plan/ethos - call it what you like - and stick with it & that means stick with it beyond when the clocks go back.

Its a 46 game season and although we know that the usual suspects on here will be predicting the end of the club as we know it as soon as we lose a match, we simply have to stick with plan - manager, recruiting policy etc etc etc for the season & see where that takes us.
Mark Warburton on 15:04 - Mar 27 with 1434 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton on 15:01 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

Certainly one of the better debates on here.

My simplistic view is that we must have a plan/ethos - call it what you like - and stick with it & that means stick with it beyond when the clocks go back.

Its a 46 game season and although we know that the usual suspects on here will be predicting the end of the club as we know it as soon as we lose a match, we simply have to stick with plan - manager, recruiting policy etc etc etc for the season & see where that takes us.

That would certainly be a start, but you've seen the problem with Darnell Furlong...

Redknapp never gives a youth player a chance, fcking idiot Redknapp

Redknapp is sacked, Darnell Furlong starts at Hull and plays well.

Brilliant. Well done Chris Ramsey, that's more like it, fcking idiot Redknapp.

Darnell Furlong has a couple of mediocre games against good wingers.

Furlong out of his depth. Shouldn't be picked. Should have signed more players in Jan.
Furlong out of his depth. Shouldn't be picked. Should have signed more players in Jan.
Mark Warburton on 15:11 - Mar 27 with 1422 viewsPinnerPaul

Mark Warburton on 15:04 - Mar 27 by Northernr

That would certainly be a start, but you've seen the problem with Darnell Furlong...

Redknapp is sacked, Darnell Furlong starts at Hull and plays well.

Darnell Furlong has a couple of mediocre games against good wingers.

Exactly Clive and that is repeated for most players and managers.

Its not going to be easy - everyone, including me, thought Derby would walk the league and further down Orient were favourites to win their div as well.

Plenty thought Wigan a better team than us last season and that Watford were a basket case last autumn.

We have to look beyond the last/next game and that includes the owners!
Mark Warburton on 16:50 - Mar 27 with 1381 viewsswitchingcode

Mark Warburton on 12:45 - Mar 27 by TacticalR

As Jordan posted plus Benham wanted to use other methods in the assessment of future signings using the same formular that's being used at his Danish club and many other European sides.
Mark Warburton on 17:40 - Mar 27 with 1351 viewsTacticalR

Mark Warburton on 16:50 - Mar 27 by switchingcode

As Jordan posted plus Benham wanted to use other methods in the assessment of future signings using the same formular that's being used at his Danish club and many other European sides.

Thanks switchingcode. It seems strange that Warburton would be bothered about assessment methods. I can see why he might be bothered about having players foisted on him.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 17:40]

Air hostess clique

Mark Warburton on 17:46 - Mar 27 with 1327 viewslondonscottish

Mark Warburton on 16:50 - Mar 27 by switchingcode

...and very successfully at Southampton.

Yes of course they have the advantage of a huge local catchment area but they have also proved they can now buy young players from overseas very effectively too.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mark Warburton on 18:09 - Mar 27 with 1293 viewsbaz_qpr

Mark Warburton on 17:40 - Mar 27 by TacticalR

Thanks switchingcode. It seems strange that Warburton would be bothered about assessment methods. I can see why he might be bothered about having players foisted on him.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 17:40]

At the danish side the computer decides based upon stats and probabilities not just the players to buy, but team selection and even subs. At Brentford they were using it just for player acquisition but they want to use it more, hence why he is leaving. It does however leave the question how much of their success is purely warburton or is it a combination of things
Mark Warburton on 18:12 - Mar 27 with 1287 viewsbaz_qpr

Mark Warburton on 17:46 - Mar 27 by londonscottish

...and very successfully at Southampton.

Yes of course they have the advantage of a huge local catchment area but they have also proved they can now buy young players from overseas very effectively too.

Les Reed's vision - at southampton, believe Ramsey worked for him at one time
Mark Warburton on 18:38 - Mar 27 with 1259 viewsHerzog

Mark Warburton on 18:12 - Mar 27 by baz_qpr

Les Reed's vision - at southampton, believe Ramsey worked for him at one time

Is the same Les Reed who was such a disaster as manager of Charlton?
Mark Warburton on 21:15 - Mar 27 with 1186 viewsswitchingcode

Mark Warburton on 18:09 - Mar 27 by baz_qpr

At the danish side the computer decides based upon stats and probabilities not just the players to buy, but team selection and even subs. At Brentford they were using it just for player acquisition but they want to use it more, hence why he is leaving. It does however leave the question how much of their success is purely warburton or is it a combination of things

Combination of many factors including a big input by his assistant David Weir.Will be interesting to see how Warburton performs coming into a club fresh something he's never done before as he had been at brentford a few years when he took over from Rosler
Mark Warburton on 23:42 - Mar 27 with 1108 viewsrsonist

It's true to say that a manager - even a talented one - is only part of a successful set up at any club, and there is no magic bullet to solve our problems in one swoop. But for me that only proves Warburton's merit because he more than any other possible option does actually represent a bit of the everything that we desperately need; a manager with a vision, a youth coach with belief, a scout with an eye, and a director of football with experience and conscientiousness. In the position we find ourselves this summer, a blank slate with foundations to build, I can't see how it is that the stars haven't aligned to hand us a uniquely perfect candidate.
Mark Warburton on 02:28 - Mar 28 with 1076 viewsPunteR

Mark Warburton on 14:26 - Mar 27 by baz_qpr

The standard magic formula is throw money at it. Look at Chelsea and Man city.
TF hasnt really thrown big money at us.
If your going to spend say 8 mill on a player why not spend 20 mill,30 million?
Get a better player. Its an investment.
If you dont want to spend big money on players,dont get a manager that wants to spend big money on players, invest in youth,get a coach that coaches youth.
I know nothing about Warburton and i suspect neither does TF,so why bring him in.?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 2:45]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024