Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 00:24 - Mar 27 with 3398 viewsbosh67

QPR vs Brann Bergen UEFA cup 1976

Great quality film. Great hat trick. Terrible defending from Brann Bergen. I haven't seen defending like that since... oh would have to be every game we've defended this season.

Stanley, Masson, Hollins, Givens, Thomas!

Proper players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 01:04 - Mar 27 with 3384 viewsNov77

Thanks for posting that, hadn't seen it before.
Great to see stan in his pomp.

Our pitch in that game looks better than the one we have now (despite all the money we've spunked on the latest technology).

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 01:54 - Mar 27 with 3375 viewsstowmarketrange

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 01:04 - Mar 27 by Nov77

Thanks for posting that, hadn't seen it before.
Great to see stan in his pomp.

Our pitch in that game looks better than the one we have now (despite all the money we've spunked on the latest technology).

That was in September.The pitch didn't look like that from November onwards.
Great memories though.
Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 07:43 - Mar 27 with 3306 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Was at that game and could only recall the open goal miss by them, so many thanks for digging this out. Didn't we win the away leg 7-0?
Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 08:22 - Mar 27 with 3286 viewsDWQPR

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 07:43 - Mar 27 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Was at that game and could only recall the open goal miss by them, so many thanks for digging this out. Didn't we win the away leg 7-0?

It was 7-0. Then played Slovan Bratislava drawing 3-3 away before winning 5-2 at home, follows by Cologne winning 3-0 at home the. Scrapping through 1-4 away before AEK winning 3-0 at home, and not many will remember that we scored a fourth through Frank McLintock heading in a corner but the ref did a 'Clive Thomas' and blew for full time just after the kick was taken. And the rest as we say is history. Stan also broke the goal scoring record for a single season that year with 11 goals. Great, great memories.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 08:35 - Mar 27 with 3272 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 08:22 - Mar 27 by DWQPR

It was 7-0. Then played Slovan Bratislava drawing 3-3 away before winning 5-2 at home, follows by Cologne winning 3-0 at home the. Scrapping through 1-4 away before AEK winning 3-0 at home, and not many will remember that we scored a fourth through Frank McLintock heading in a corner but the ref did a 'Clive Thomas' and blew for full time just after the kick was taken. And the rest as we say is history. Stan also broke the goal scoring record for a single season that year with 11 goals. Great, great memories.

Lets keep the memories rolling on. Note the state of the pitch as the rounds progressed, as mentioned previously.

Edit. Apologies, second clip didn't load, iPad playing up.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 8:49]
Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 14:44 - Mar 27 with 3148 viewsjohncharles

I was there for both matches. And the AEK match which was very nearly a riot.
Beating Cologne was a great achievement. They had a few players who were in West Germany's 1974 World Cup winning team.
I know Wembley was a great day out but doesn't come near to this.
This was FOOTBALL.

Strong and stable my arse.

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 15:06 - Mar 27 with 3137 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't realise I was that old when people were still throwing toliet rolls on the pitch - just seems a bizarre thing to do now!

Happy days - I had a S/T level with pen area in ER in those days.

All seemed so easy back then!

No internet of course, maybe that's what made all seem so simple - turn up - watch your team entertain you and win - go home!
Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 16:11 - Mar 27 with 3101 viewsDWQPR

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 14:44 - Mar 27 by johncharles

I was there for both matches. And the AEK match which was very nearly a riot.
Beating Cologne was a great achievement. They had a few players who were in West Germany's 1974 World Cup winning team.
I know Wembley was a great day out but doesn't come near to this.
This was FOOTBALL.

Lets not forget also that the club wanted to play the quarter final against AEK at Wembley due to the large demand for tickets especially from Greek nationals living in the UK. AEK objected and the game took place at HQ with a programme cover with the flags of all the European nations replacing the chequerboard look with a picture of the twin towers in the middle and 'Wembley Souvenier Edition proudly emblazoned on it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Stanley Bowles hat trick 1976 on 21:01 - Mar 27 with 3003 viewsRuislipHoop

Why does it seem they are all moving so quickly ???
I thought the modern game was meant to be quicker ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024