Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. 10:09 - Mar 28 with 23782 viewsDiscodroids

apologies i couldnt sort out the colours on this. i just thought i should put the 3 main parties first. i know ive missed respect among other s, just couldnt fit them in so no bias intended.

glenn

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 10:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:42 - Mar 29 with 2320 viewsDorse

I live in North Dorset, which is rock solid Conservative country. The only party that can make a dent in their vote (based on the European elections which was the last vote we had) is UKIP. The Greens will probably get the local protest vote - Labour usually tanks around here and barely bothers campaigning.

The campaigns round here tend to focus on local issues such as when the wicker man should be burned and whether or not Chinese whispers is racist.

'The Green Party - Keeping Dorset Naked'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:33 - Mar 29 with 2278 viewsSomersetHoops

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 21:14 - Mar 28 by ShotKneesHoop

I still vote every year for Dave Sutch.

Proper policies.. why can't he be PM?

More charisma than Posh Boy Dave and Grommit Miliband combined

I'm afraid he's dead, I used to watch some of his gigs in the 60's. He had some great guitarists in his band it was always an entertainment he was a great showman. His political efforts were not so successful more the MRLP were just there as a protest against the main parties and our politicians deserved votes for him. I don't know who runs the MRLP now if it sill exists, but I think UKIP is a more.credible protest vote now and I'm temped to go that way, except it might mean we get Milliband as Sturgeon's puppet, which would be disastrous for the UK.

Who's Next?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:45 - Mar 29 with 2214 viewsHantsR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:33 - Mar 29 by SomersetHoops

I'm afraid he's dead, I used to watch some of his gigs in the 60's. He had some great guitarists in his band it was always an entertainment he was a great showman. His political efforts were not so successful more the MRLP were just there as a protest against the main parties and our politicians deserved votes for him. I don't know who runs the MRLP now if it sill exists, but I think UKIP is a more.credible protest vote now and I'm temped to go that way, except it might mean we get Milliband as Sturgeon's puppet, which would be disastrous for the UK.

Yes very sad about Mr Sutch. My guitar-playing mate was due to back him at a local gig in aid of the very ill Heinz Burt (he who died at the age of 57), but Sutch topped himself shortly before the event.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 2201 viewspaesanu

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:40 - Mar 28 by HollowayRanger

saysi t will take me 50 mins to decide

no need voting ukip job done

how come the welsh are 3rd!!! should tony build the new stadium in Cardiff if true?

50 minutes is if you do the whole thing, just pick and choose the bits you like.

I must say, though I recommended the link, I wish I hadn't. Not pleased with my results.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 08:08 - Mar 30 with 2089 viewsDiscodroids

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 19:09 - Mar 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

No Britain first option? I thought they would right up some your alleys.

thats not very nice bazza.
your better than that mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:23 - Mar 30 with 2041 viewsconnell10

i people really gonna vote ukip?? blimey

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:47 - Mar 30 with 2026 viewsAgedR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:23 - Mar 30 by connell10

i people really gonna vote ukip?? blimey

People are more likely to vote for UKIP if they are repeatedly told that they would be stupid and ignorant to do so.

In my opinion the left's patronising approach to UKIP has been totally wrong. Respect them, scrutinise policies not personalities or prejudices and let people make there own minds up.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:55 - Mar 30 with 2018 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:47 - Mar 30 by AgedR

People are more likely to vote for UKIP if they are repeatedly told that they would be stupid and ignorant to do so.

In my opinion the left's patronising approach to UKIP has been totally wrong. Respect them, scrutinise policies not personalities or prejudices and let people make there own minds up.

I can't agree more with this, despite being very critical of UKIP for the usual reasons and a likely Labour voter.
Login to get fewer ads

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:01 - Mar 30 with 2015 viewsTheBlob

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:55 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I can't agree more with this, despite being very critical of UKIP for the usual reasons and a likely Labour voter.

"A likely Labour Voter" with that avatar we'd never have guessed
Sorry Bazza but the culture of ridicule,bullying and intimidation is very much in the left's DNA and is now counter productive in extremis.The old Goebbels philosophy of feeding people lies so convincing that you believe them yourself ain't working no more.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:10 - Mar 30 with 2007 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 08:08 - Mar 30 by Discodroids

thats not very nice bazza.
your better than that mate.

It might have looked like it, but it wasn't a dig.

I don't care if you vote UKIP, Britain First, or the Cucumber Up The Arse Party, I'll still be screaming obscenities every other Saturday with you all. Reality is, Britain First etc will appeal to some people on here, and I understand why.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:17 - Mar 30 with 1999 viewsconnell10

well if you do vote for that bunch of right wing nutters you are stupid and ignorant!

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:17 - Mar 30 with 1997 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:01 - Mar 30 by TheBlob

Sorry Bazza but the culture of ridicule,bullying and intimidation is very much in the left's DNA and is now counter productive in extremis.The old Goebbels philosophy of feeding people lies so convincing that you believe them yourself ain't working no more.

Yeah parts of the left do, and it's embarrassing and counter productive. Parts of the right do it too though, and in equal measure . So do the nationalists, liberals, and eccentrics. That's the adversarial system for you.

Also, the avatar was more about Sir Les than Sénior Guervara.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 10:20]
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:20 - Mar 30 with 1989 viewsJamie

Spot on.

A sensible, intelligent scrutinineering of UKIPs policies or lack thereof would see them fighting with the Monster Raving Loony Party for comedy votes.

As it is, people will now vote for them purely because they are sneered at.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:26 - Mar 30 with 1980 viewsizlingtonhoop

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:01 - Mar 30 by TheBlob

"in the left's DNA"

...reaches for Disco's Irritations thread.

Terrible, terrible metaphor.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:27 - Mar 30 with 1981 viewsDiscodroids

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:10 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

It might have looked like it, but it wasn't a dig.

I don't care if you vote UKIP, Britain First, or the Cucumber Up The Arse Party, I'll still be screaming obscenities every other Saturday with you all. Reality is, Britain First etc will appeal to some people on here, and I understand why.

thats very generous of you .
thank you i believe i will, with a song in my heart and a jig of jigs all the way to the polling booth.

the cucumber up the arse party sounds like a labour hustings in the mixed race section of my local barnados.

and there me thinking i was the only poster on lfws' washing nigels feet with my hair and a bowl of london pride.

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:28 - Mar 30 with 1721 viewsconnell10

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:20 - Mar 30 by Jamie

Spot on.

A sensible, intelligent scrutinineering of UKIPs policies or lack thereof would see them fighting with the Monster Raving Loony Party for comedy votes.

good in that case i hope they win the election just to prove my point!

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:28 - Mar 30 with 1720 viewshoof_hearted

It is interesting that conservatives are leading labour in this anonymous poll.
There is the theory that people are a little embarrassed to admit voting conservative because "cool" people don't. Until they get into a little booth in private and remember the very real possibility that Ed Miliband and Ed Balls could be running the UK (backed the SNP). Better to be uncool than a laughing stock.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:37 - Mar 30 with 1713 viewskensalriser

Interesting that the Conservative vote has increased on a Monday morning when you would think that all these honest hard working people who pay their taxes for the benefit of freeloaders and scroungers would be honestly hard at work and not skiving off looking at shit on the internet.

Either that or I've got it all wrong and they're all proper independently wealthy Tories and in possession of copious free time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 1703 viewsDiscodroids

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:20 - Mar 30 by Jamie

Spot on.

really,??..cause me all my ukip mates love being sneered at, its the dick van dyke cockney inferiority complex in us , when confronted with the chalk strip clipped tones of a tory or the 6th form fackola lilt of a 18 year old labour party candidate telling wilf the d day war veteran in the east ham working mans club hes's a sex fiend for complaining about bush meat being sold in queens road market .

tug our forelocks and off we go happy as sand boys to the ballot box.

and there was me squire, thinking i was the only ukipper on here..
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 10:52]

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:10 - Mar 30 with 1679 viewsTheBlob

We've only got the bellend's paradise of Labour and Plaid down here.
It's like asking which finger you'd prefer on the switch to the electric chair.

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:12 - Mar 30 with 1676 viewsSimonJames

First party I ever voted for in the local elections, back in the '80s, was the "Lawnmower Owners in Favour of Hanging" party... jeez, I was such an anarchist rebel back then (and as a starving student, I didn't even own a lawnmower!).
Sadly, despite my valiant protest vote, the fecking SDP still got back in.

I think the general feeling at the moment is less from a well researched socio-economic perspective, and more indicative of a beauty pageant of the leaders. Cameron and Osborne come across as too posh and arrogant, Miliband is definitely not PM material, Clegg (ha ha ha ha ha), but at least Farage is "a bit of a character" albeit that he's the embittered love child that Del Boy never knew he sired.
I suspect that if Paddy Pantsdown were in charge of a party this time round he would win by a landslide.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 11:30]

100% of people who drink water will die.

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:35 - Mar 30 with 1646 viewskensalriser

Bit ungrateful isn't it Blob? Seeing as these are presumably the people who created the conditions that made where you live so attractive for you to move to.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:37 - Mar 30 with 1642 viewsTheBlob

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:35 - Mar 30 by kensalriser

Bit ungrateful isn't it Blob? Seeing as these are presumably the people who created the conditions that made where you live so attractive for you to move to.

I think you'll find that was Mother Nature mate.

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 12:07 - Mar 30 with 1609 viewsJamie

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:49 - Mar 30 by Discodroids

really,??..cause me all my ukip mates love being sneered at, its the dick van dyke cockney inferiority complex in us , when confronted with the chalk strip clipped tones of a tory or the 6th form fackola lilt of a 18 year old labour party candidate telling wilf the d day war veteran in the east ham working mans club hes's a sex fiend for complaining about bush meat being sold in queens road market .

tug our forelocks and off we go happy as sand boys to the ballot box.

and there was me squire, thinking i was the only ukipper on here..
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 10:52]

Through your drug/alcohol induced haze you've actually -nperhaps unwittingly - agreed with what I said.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 1597 viewsTacticalR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 11:12 - Mar 30 by SimonJames

First party I ever voted for in the local elections, back in the '80s, was the "Lawnmower Owners in Favour of Hanging" party... jeez, I was such an anarchist rebel back then (and as a starving student, I didn't even own a lawnmower!).
Sadly, despite my valiant protest vote, the fecking SDP still got back in.

I think the general feeling at the moment is less from a well researched socio-economic perspective, and more indicative of a beauty pageant of the leaders. Cameron and Osborne come across as too posh and arrogant, Miliband is definitely not PM material, Clegg (ha ha ha ha ha), but at least Farage is "a bit of a character" albeit that he's the embittered love child that Del Boy never knew he sired.
I suspect that if Paddy Pantsdown were in charge of a party this time round he would win by a landslide.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 11:30]

Ashdown went off to become King of Bosnia.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024