Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. 10:09 - Mar 28 with 23778 viewsDiscodroids

apologies i couldnt sort out the colours on this. i just thought i should put the 3 main parties first. i know ive missed respect among other s, just couldnt fit them in so no bias intended.

glenn

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 10:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:34 - Mar 30 with 1345 viewsHunterhoop

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:21 - Mar 30 by Clive_Anderson

"HOWEVER, I do not see how you can possibly consider voting UKIP when the vast majority of people who may vote UKIP don't know what their collective policies/ideology on welfare, education, health, environment, transport, the armed forces, etc, really is. "

You could say that about any party really. Let's take the Labour party. They mention introducing more immigraton controls and then call anyone else that says similar stuff as racist. They criticise every attempt the coalition made to cut spending whilst making no explanation of how they'd make the books balance themselves. Are they for the free market? Personal freedoms or more state interference? They talk up one set of policies and end up doing the opposite whilst admitting that "manifesto pledges are not subject to legitimate expectation".

The Tories are no better really, going on about the free market and then propping up house prices and banks at every opportunity.

Why everyone gets agitated when UKIP don't spell everything out perfectly when the parties who are actually going to make up the new government don't in the slightest either baffles me. Just seems another way to demonise them as the other methods haven't worked so far.

Oh, c'mon, Clive; they are different things.

What you're talking about is saying one thing (or standing for an ideology) but doing another. Don't get me wrong, that is bad. But if I vote for a party and they so that I can hold them accountable at the next election as is my democratic right.

However, UKIP, to my mind anyway, simply haven't told everyone what their plans are for key areas of society. We simply don't know! How can you vote for a party to run the country when you don't know even what they plan to do on several major issues?! It can only mean you're voting purely on what you do know about, which in this case is immigration and the EU. Bit narrow for my liking.

Yes, rarely does a governing party do everything they say in their manifesto. But most of us acknowledge things happen, challenges occur, situations change and decisions, which may be counter to your ideal plan, have to be made. But before people vote or decide who to cite for, I think parties should be clear on what their "ideal plan" for when they govern is. UKIP aren't clear themselves and the public certainly aren't. As such I think it's a tad irresponsible saying "I'm voting UKIP" without know a tad more about what they stand for and what they plan to do.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:37 - Mar 30 with 1332 viewsDiscodroids

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:26 - Mar 30 by Clive_Anderson

"Economically, almost all the evidence points towards immigrants helping the economy and Average Joe on the street rather than hindering him. "

No it doesn't. The latest report from the most immigration friendly academic they could get (the same one that claimed only 10,000 Poles were going to come to the UK) estimated that the EU immigration adds £4bn to the economy whilst non-EU immigration has costs £120bn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-out

Also that report didn't take into account the fact that most immigrants are of working age that will eventually need looking after in old age. Nor the social implications such as increased house prices, strain on infrastructure and problems with integration.

clive anderson ..the spear of destiny.

excellent clive . i did post the above back in november .

as for not knowing any other ukip polices outside of immigration a cursory glance on the information superhighway will glean all the information one requires . even for those that wear cheap lonsdale leisure wear and enjoy the early bird at the harvester and love bernard manning.

or perhaps by ,you know , watching the tv, listening to the radio, reading newspapers or 'media' outlets that provide this kind of thing.News.

huzzah!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 14:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:41 - Mar 30 with 1317 viewsClive_Anderson

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:34 - Mar 30 by Hunterhoop

What you're talking about is saying one thing (or standing for an ideology) but doing another. Don't get me wrong, that is bad. But if I vote for a party and they so that I can hold them accountable at the next election as is my democratic right.

However, UKIP, to my mind anyway, simply haven't told everyone what their plans are for key areas of society. We simply don't know! How can you vote for a party to run the country when you don't know even what they plan to do on several major issues?! It can only mean you're voting purely on what you do know about, which in this case is immigration and the EU. Bit narrow for my liking.

Yes, rarely does a governing party do everything they say in their manifesto. But most of us acknowledge things happen, challenges occur, situations change and decisions, which may be counter to your ideal plan, have to be made. But before people vote or decide who to cite for, I think parties should be clear on what their "ideal plan" for when they govern is. UKIP aren't clear themselves and the public certainly aren't. As such I think it's a tad irresponsible saying "I'm voting UKIP" without know a tad more about what they stand for and what they plan to do.

I think it is pretty clear what UKIPs ideology is:

Right wing
Pro-free market
Want controls on immigration
Smaller government
Want to leave the EU and return sovereignty entirely to parliament
Economically liberal
Lower government spending
Socially conservative
Authoritarian on crime
NIMBY and banker friendly policies

I'd say it's a lot clearer that what the Tories, Labour or Lib Dems stand for these days.

It just strikes me as the next version of "how could you be so stupid as to vote for them?!" after calling them racist has fallen on its arse.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:50 - Mar 30 with 1296 viewsHunterhoop

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:37 - Mar 30 by Discodroids

clive anderson ..the spear of destiny.

excellent clive . i did post the above back in november .

as for not knowing any other ukip polices outside of immigration a cursory glance on the information superhighway will glean all the information one requires . even for those that wear cheap lonsdale leisure wear and enjoy the early bird at the harvester and love bernard manning.

or perhaps by ,you know , watching the tv, listening to the radio, reading newspapers or 'media' outlets that provide this kind of thing.News.

huzzah!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 14:46]

Oh c'mon, Disco.

Don't make cheap shots. As I said, anyone who is clear on UKIP's policies across the spectrum and wants to vote UKIP is fine by me. I just do not accept that people are clear and UKIP themselves don't come across with a united voice on this. Even Farage said that he knew they hadn't covered off their stance on most policies but "all would be clear" when they issued their manifesto.

Secondly, that stat is so phenomenally misleading when you consider native Britons made a negative contribution of £591m according to those figures. All demographics are likely to have made negative contributions given we went into a huge recession in the last 3 years of that study.

Besides, the study themselves, who you quote, summed it up by saying "our new analysis draws a positive picture of the overall fiscal contribution made by recent immigration cohorts, particularly those arriving from the EU", who the report says made a positive contribution.

And if you accept that, surely you'd want to continue EU immigration and just focus on non-EU migration limits, which is what everyone is already proposing.

And, anyway, let's not turn this into another LFW immigration debate. That's been done to death. It was quite interesting before and I don't think I was being unfair on UKIP or UKIP supporters at all.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:52 - Mar 30 with 1287 viewsHunterhoop

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:41 - Mar 30 by Clive_Anderson

I think it is pretty clear what UKIPs ideology is:

Right wing
Pro-free market
Want controls on immigration
Smaller government
Want to leave the EU and return sovereignty entirely to parliament
Economically liberal
Lower government spending
Socially conservative
Authoritarian on crime
NIMBY and banker friendly policies

I'd say it's a lot clearer that what the Tories, Labour or Lib Dems stand for these days.

It just strikes me as the next version of "how could you be so stupid as to vote for them?!" after calling them racist has fallen on its arse.

READ MY POSTS PROPERLY, MAN!

I am absolutely NOT saying "how could you be so stupid as to vote for them". I said, how could people decide they would vote for them before they knew what they (not just Farage) stood for on a number of issues. Even he said this would only be clearer when they issued their manifesto.

If you agree with them, absolutely fine. I just worry many UKIP fans are voting for them purely on one policy, which is a little irresponsible in my eyes.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:53 - Mar 30 with 1264 viewsdaveB

UKIP have been quite clever in making it clear they have no chance of being in power and Farage has said several times he won't be prime minister so doesn't matter what most of their policies are but vote for them and get enough MP's through the door in a coalition they can push the immigration and EU ideas they have. With ISIS on the rise and immigrants blamed for most things they have a very good chance to making a big impact
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:55 - Mar 30 with 1256 viewspaulparker

Having not voted for the last 20 odd years , i to will be voting UKIP come may
why anyone would want to vote Labour again after the huge balls up they made last time is a mystery ,
Blair, Brown, Madelson & cronies got us into huge debt the likes of which our kids generation will have to carry, they got us into a phony war based on lies , (see Dr Kelly)
sold all our gold reserves off for peanuts, and opened the doors to all and sundry to enter the country, Crime was soft, it was a shambles and do you really think Milliband, ed Balls & co are the people to take us forward , no chance, i would generally worry for this countrys future under thme 2
on the other hand i wouldnt vote tory either , i recall the days my poor old man struggled to pay a mtg off at 15% in the early ninties , he was on a verge of a breakdown at the time trying to keep a roof over his head ,& ive never forgiven the tories for that
so UKIP maybe a protest vote , and some may sneer and call it racist
but come may thats where mine and most of the fed up downtrodden nations working class will be voting

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:57 - Mar 30 with 1258 viewsClive_Anderson

"Secondly, that stat is so phenomenally misleading when you consider native Britons made a negative contribution of £591m according to those figures. All demographics are likely to have made negative contributions given we went into a huge recession in the last 3 years of that study. "

Not buying this, the period was the full time under the Labour government that included the huge banking and credit boom as well as the bust. The former would mitigate the latter years in terms of negative contributions.

But yes the fact is that on average each Britain costs more than their labour adds to the economy. So increasing the labour supply yet further will make this balance even worse whilst we'd headed to a much more automated economy in the next few years (self drive cards will put thousands more out of work for example).

The last thing the UK needs is more labour especially when most of it is unskilled.
Login to get fewer ads

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:02 - Mar 30 with 1253 viewsClive_Anderson

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:52 - Mar 30 by Hunterhoop

READ MY POSTS PROPERLY, MAN!

I am absolutely NOT saying "how could you be so stupid as to vote for them". I said, how could people decide they would vote for them before they knew what they (not just Farage) stood for on a number of issues. Even he said this would only be clearer when they issued their manifesto.

If you agree with them, absolutely fine. I just worry many UKIP fans are voting for them purely on one policy, which is a little irresponsible in my eyes.

Because people who vote for them agree with aspects of their ideology rather than specific policies. It's the same for all parties really.

And I'm also not sure why voting on one policy is a bad thing either, I'm sure Labour get extra votes purely because of the NHS.

Immigration is the biggest social and economic change the UK faces and it is probably the only change that will be impossible to reverse in future so it makes sense to some people to prioritise that over other stuff.

But I've yet to see any evidence that UKIP supporters are voting more on one issue than other parties. Just seems another assumption to beat them over the head with.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:07 - Mar 30 with 1248 viewsDiscodroids

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:50 - Mar 30 by Hunterhoop

Oh c'mon, Disco.

Don't make cheap shots. As I said, anyone who is clear on UKIP's policies across the spectrum and wants to vote UKIP is fine by me. I just do not accept that people are clear and UKIP themselves don't come across with a united voice on this. Even Farage said that he knew they hadn't covered off their stance on most policies but "all would be clear" when they issued their manifesto.

Secondly, that stat is so phenomenally misleading when you consider native Britons made a negative contribution of £591m according to those figures. All demographics are likely to have made negative contributions given we went into a huge recession in the last 3 years of that study.

Besides, the study themselves, who you quote, summed it up by saying "our new analysis draws a positive picture of the overall fiscal contribution made by recent immigration cohorts, particularly those arriving from the EU", who the report says made a positive contribution.

And if you accept that, surely you'd want to continue EU immigration and just focus on non-EU migration limits, which is what everyone is already proposing.

And, anyway, let's not turn this into another LFW immigration debate. That's been done to death. It was quite interesting before and I don't think I was being unfair on UKIP or UKIP supporters at all.

Hunter i am clear on Ukips polices. crystal clear. on policing , the NHS, defence and education etc.

just because my granded red ,ted who lost his hearing to the printing presses of the daily mirror For 4o years was a labour party member as was my old man, doesent mean i will follow them like a world war z quisling for a party that dosent give a flyng fk about the working classes.

wes all followed who our dads and grandads voted for in the east end,it was the done thing. labour were that shield of righteousness. no more..the east ends still a shithole , just filled with people from a different country. vote labour.never.never.never.

does ukip support the working class ?. probably not, but my life, experiances and 30+years in the east end and 3 as a probation officer ,certainly shape my beliefs and not what some lumpen bifter tells me from millbank.

ukip is closer to my dna than any other party. and i'll vote with a song in my heart for the man ive been waiting for to represent the lost peoples of the east end, yes a crombie wearing public school boy called nigel.

the cheap shots didnt start from ukip supporters in this thread . just cause a poxy poll on a message board gives em bollock ache!

i agree with you immigration has been done to death but if if you get called racist by another poster, the word and topic of immigration seems to be a by product of that charge

and i do think nigel is being a bit heavy handed with his shooting stick on foreign aid. id happily leave it a £6-8 billion year,opposed to the current 12 billion , thus saving £4-6 billion.

with a fair wind that should save more than the £1.89 that labour will save by stopping judges accomodation costs when on service at trial ..

and by the way john barnes hasnt got a job cause he's black , i blame the lattice work leather jacket he wore on room 101.

fk me!, i gots to get with some work !
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 15:35]

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:07 - Mar 30 with 1247 viewsClive_Anderson

"why anyone would want to vote Labour again after the huge balls up they made last time is a mystery"

I honestly think that their supporters believe that voting for them makes them a morally better person. It's why they feel the need to demonise their opponents be they Tories, UKIP or even the Lib Dems now.

You would have thought that starting an illegal war causing 100,000s of deaths or spending money that future generations can't afford would not be considered particularly moral but apparently it is.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 1227 viewsBasingstokeR

That link to the Telegraph unless I'm reading it incorrectly is agreeing with Hunter's point not the opposite?? Its saying immigration from "inside" the EU has helped the economy; but immigration from "outside" the EU - has taken away from the economy????

"The major academic study also found, however, that recent immigration from Europe — driven by the surge in arrivals from eastern European — gave the economy a £4.4 billion boost over the same period."

"Immigrants from within the EEA — which is the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein - took out more than they paid in during only seven of the 17 years."

"The native population made a negative contribution in 12 years during the period, running to £591 billion in total"
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:21 - Mar 30 with 1207 viewsClive_Anderson

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:12 - Mar 30 by BasingstokeR

That link to the Telegraph unless I'm reading it incorrectly is agreeing with Hunter's point not the opposite?? Its saying immigration from "inside" the EU has helped the economy; but immigration from "outside" the EU - has taken away from the economy????

"The major academic study also found, however, that recent immigration from Europe — driven by the surge in arrivals from eastern European — gave the economy a £4.4 billion boost over the same period."

"Immigrants from within the EEA — which is the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein - took out more than they paid in during only seven of the 17 years."

"The native population made a negative contribution in 12 years during the period, running to £591 billion in total"

He said immigration boosted the economy. Adding the EU and non-EU immigration together leaves a net -£116bn loss. And it doesn't account for pension or old age provision which would undoubtedly cost more than £4bn for EU immigrants.

And of course the UK has paid far more than £4bn to the running of the EU in that time scale anyway.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:22 - Mar 30 with 1205 viewsDWQPR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 10:17 - Mar 30 by connell10

well if you do vote for that bunch of right wing nutters you are stupid and ignorant!

I suppose as stupid and ignorant as people posting on Fantasy Island for many years, don't you think Connell?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:23 - Mar 30 with 1202 viewsTacticalR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 09:47 - Mar 30 by AgedR

People are more likely to vote for UKIP if they are repeatedly told that they would be stupid and ignorant to do so.

In my opinion the left's patronising approach to UKIP has been totally wrong. Respect them, scrutinise policies not personalities or prejudices and let people make there own minds up.

So people are voting UKIP because they're being told it's stupid to vote UKIP?

In that case I can get rich by going round telling people it's stupid to give me money.

Air hostess clique

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:37 - Mar 30 with 1159 viewsTheBlob

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:23 - Mar 30 by TacticalR

In that case I can get rich by going round telling people it's stupid to give me money.

Doesn't work.

Lend us a tenner.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:41 - Mar 30 with 1153 viewsMatch82

Could be worse, there's a chance they will be electing another fcking Bush over here.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:44 - Mar 30 with 1147 viewsstowmarketrange

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:07 - Mar 30 by Clive_Anderson

"why anyone would want to vote Labour again after the huge balls up they made last time is a mystery"

I honestly think that their supporters believe that voting for them makes them a morally better person. It's why they feel the need to demonise their opponents be they Tories, UKIP or even the Lib Dems now.

You would have thought that starting an illegal war causing 100,000s of deaths or spending money that future generations can't afford would not be considered particularly moral but apparently it is.

Of course the Tories would've stood by and not entered an illegal war wouldn't they?
And if the deficit was all Labour's fault how come the rest of the world suffered from economic difficulties as well?And some still are.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:45 - Mar 30 with 1143 viewsconnell10

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:22 - Mar 30 by DWQPR

I suppose as stupid and ignorant as people posting on Fantasy Island for many years, don't you think Connell?

fock you and the horse you rode in on me old mucker!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:58 - Mar 30 with 1121 viewsstevec

The thing is Hunterhoop, people don't know UKIP policy because they're too idle to read their policy documents.

I don't know what it is with the left but whilst they love their sound bites and slurs they seem incapable of digesting anything that requires a bit of reading. Not accusing you personally but a lot of what comes from that side does seem to indicate that.

For anyone who seems to think UKIP are a one issue party, as Disco said, read up on them. Failing that, spend 50 minutes going through this - https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

I was surprised, when confronted with policy, rather than the party behind it, just how UKIP represents my beliefs much more than I previously imagined.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:59 - Mar 30 with 1118 viewsDWQPR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:45 - Mar 30 by connell10

fock you and the horse you rode in on me old mucker!

Not a very pleasant reply, very Fantasy Island. Still nice to know people in glass houses and all that.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:11 - Mar 30 with 1085 viewsTheBlob

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 14:17 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

A bit of sh1t stirring from me here.

Nigel Farage 2070?

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way accusing Mr Farage or any person of any sexual crimes against children or anybody.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tory-mp-enoch-powell-named-westminster-paedophile-netwo

Dear god some people are getting desperate.
Never once when I was at lunch with him did I feel his horny hand on my tender young knee nor did he offer up satanic prayers of thanks before the hors d'oeuvre.
Some old looney leftie purple clad ponce of a choir boy shagger more likely to offend.(in my unfortunate experience)

Poll: So how was the season for you?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:14 - Mar 30 with 1080 viewsAgedR

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 15:23 - Mar 30 by TacticalR

Actually I don't know for sure if it's true. The comparison was when W Bush took a second term despite the efforts of many sectors telling the Americans how stupid and ignorant they would be to vote for him.

People just don't like being told what to think.

(Do you accept postal orders Tactical?)

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:15 - Mar 30 with 1075 viewsganjR

I'm voting Green, despite Natalie Bennett.
I know why I'm voting for them, I know about their policies and agree with them.
I guess that, like 99.9% of those who have made their 'private' voting preferences 'public' on here, nothing said, constructively, to change my mind will work. Any personal attacks will be dealt with in a different vein.
We all have different views, I guess that's down to DNA if you want to break it down to basics.
As much as I strongly disagree with many views on here, it's not my choice to make the choice for anyone else here.
If I disagree with other people's views, the way I make a stand is to vote for those I want in power.
Debate is all good, but if anyone here thinks attacking eachother is going to do anything but strengthen their views then, sorry, you happen to be the wrong one here.
This isn't aimed at anyone at all, just having my say.
LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:23 - Mar 30 with 1059 viewspaulparker

LFW Election 2015 Straw Poll.. on 16:15 - Mar 30 by ganjR

I'm voting Green, despite Natalie Bennett.
I know why I'm voting for them, I know about their policies and agree with them.
I guess that, like 99.9% of those who have made their 'private' voting preferences 'public' on here, nothing said, constructively, to change my mind will work. Any personal attacks will be dealt with in a different vein.
We all have different views, I guess that's down to DNA if you want to break it down to basics.
As much as I strongly disagree with many views on here, it's not my choice to make the choice for anyone else here.
If I disagree with other people's views, the way I make a stand is to vote for those I want in power.
Debate is all good, but if anyone here thinks attacking eachother is going to do anything but strengthen their views then, sorry, you happen to be the wrong one here.
This isn't aimed at anyone at all, just having my say.

Wouldnt expect you to vote any diffrent than Green , GanjR

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024