Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m 16:23 - Mar 28 with 11719 viewsBasingstokeR

£6-8 million... . We must be able to wring more than £10m out of someone in a world where Ross McCormack was in the region of £11m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-plot-summer-

Poll on there: Will Charlie Austin be at QPR by the time the next transfer window closes? Surprised even 20% have voted Yes.
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 22:44 - Mar 28 with 2687 viewsLblock

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 20:17 - Mar 28 by Pommyhoop

28 million he was .. Thats TWENTY EIGHT million pounds !!!

And Metzut Ozil was £42mill that's FOURTY TWO MILLION SQUID

Football will eat itself

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 04:33 - Mar 29 with 2618 viewsFredManRave

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 22:44 - Mar 28 by Lblock

And Metzut Ozil was £42mill that's FOURTY TWO MILLION SQUID

Football will eat itself

I think we all know how and with who this all started;

That's 2.75million quid in 1997...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 05:17 - Mar 29 with 2610 viewsWesty75

Remember this is Rangers we're talking about here. Based on our track record we're looking at £10m tops. Probably with £7m up front and the rest in instalments. And he'll go to West Ham or f*ckin Palace.
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 07:04 - Mar 29 with 2594 viewsparker64

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 05:17 - Mar 29 by Westy75

Remember this is Rangers we're talking about here. Based on our track record we're looking at £10m tops. Probably with £7m up front and the rest in instalments. And he'll go to West Ham or f*ckin Palace.

Probably right. He'll want to play and not sit on the bench. This would mean he could stay in London too. Not a top 6 player and he'll need to show he can produce in the second season. Won't get £60k a week though!
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 07:28 - Mar 29 with 2585 viewsmcqpr10

Sadly he's only got one year on his contract.

He won't be staying next season if as expected we are in the championship. We can either accept 8-10 million this summer or lose him the year after for nothing. If we force him to stay in the championship i doubt he will even consider a new contract as he will be able to speak to clubs on January 1st.

We really do love having our pants pulled down!
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 09:52 - Mar 29 with 2518 viewsDorse

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 05:17 - Mar 29 by Westy75

With our track record, we'll see him holding up a Chelsea shirt whilst Tony tweets about the handful of magic beans he swapped for...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 10:18 - Mar 29 with 2490 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Take the money or watch him rape the Championship then leave. (In theory)

That's of course if he wants to stay for a season.

I'd take another season of Charlie.

Probably not going to happen though.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 10:27]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 11:05 - Mar 29 with 2454 viewsbaz_qpr

This is not a Remy situation he does not have a relegation clause and as I far as i am aware a release clause, given that it is entirely up to the club whether Charlie likes it or not to sell or retain. Charlie could throw a wobbly Adel style but I doubt that is either in his interests or in his make up.

£15m+ or fluck off until Sept 1st then depending on where we are Jan £6m
Login to get fewer ads

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 11:08 - Mar 29 with 2451 viewsfrancisbowles

I think we should try and keep him, if we are serious about a push for promotion, with the option of trying to sell him in January if it doesn't work out.

As we have found, it is very difficult to sign decent strikers and relegation and FFP could make that even harder.

We will obviously lose a few million on his fee but if we can get back up we will recover that several times over.
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 2445 viewsdavman

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 20:23 - Mar 28 by andygg

In the current market, we should demand 15 mill, minimum.

Demand all you want. This lot will be cost cutting when the summer comes round and we're hardly in a position to bargain when 1. He will want to go and 2. He'll only have a year on his contract. £10m tops.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 12:10 - Mar 29 with 2390 viewsTHEBUSH

In the current market for goal scorers, Austin is worth twice the figure mentioned in the OP.

We'll get at least 10m for him if he leaves, although I think he might sign a new contract with us, hope so
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 12:33 - Mar 29 with 2366 viewsSpiritofGregory

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 10:18 - Mar 29 by Metallica_Hoop

Take the money or watch him rape the Championship then leave. (In theory)

That's of course if he wants to stay for a season.

I'd take another season of Charlie.

Probably not going to happen though.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 10:27]

If clubs make stupid offers, Charlie stays and if we go down he can help us go back up.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 12:33]
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 12:38 - Mar 29 with 2361 viewsSpiritofGregory

Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 17:46 - Mar 28 by Lblock

Internationally capped strikers with two to four years on their contracts = premium fees

One season Premiership wonder, injury history, last year of contract plus dealing with the last of the bungle brothers = three tracksuits, a bag of mouldy oranges and a conker

The club should take advantage of the new Sky deal, clubs will have more money then ever before.

Offers such as the Palace offer shows what other clubs think of QPR. They treat us with contempt, the board need to be toughen up.
Austin - No.1 target for Pardew for £6-8m on 12:49 - Mar 29 with 2351 viewsRangersAreBack

Troy Deeney, a striker with zero Premier League experience was being quoted at £10million in the summer. Ross McCormack switched championship clubs for £11million. Palace themselves sold an inexperienced Zaha to Manchester United for £15million plus sell-on clauses.

We need another striker as it is. £6-8million will not buy an adequate replacement (let alone 2 strikers). At that price I'd rather keep Charlie to give us a fighting chance of promotion and let his contract run out.

Appointing a DOF and talking about grass roots is all when and good but if TF and QPR want to be taken seriously they must learn to negotiate hard and rid the club of its reputation of being pushovers in the transfer market.

When people like Pardew test the waters with opening gambits they need to know the waters are shark infested not filled with plankton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024