Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't 22:15 - Mar 28 with 19433 viewsW5R

There was a meeting a few days ago I learnt this evening. OOC is looking highly unlikely so the club have requested to look at the land opposite Diageo..pizza hut, cinema, where Zenith was etc and also in Greenford (Glaxo etc)

Warren Farm looks shaky but the council is still hopeful of something.

"Sauce" Ealing councillors, Ealing MPs, Ealing prospective MPs and the Labour candidate for Mayor of London.

Personally be fine with the Park Royal site..less of sh*t hole than OOC and well, we did use to play there.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:32 - Mar 28 with 9228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Your headline says 'off', the next line says 'highly unlikely' as opposed to 'off', your sources are a whole coterie of people rather than anyone specific and you give no hint or reason why either 'off' or 'highly unlikely' may or may not be the case.

Which do you work for - The Sun, The Standard or The Daily Mail?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 22:46]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:42 - Mar 28 with 9182 viewseastside_r

"Sauce" Ealing councillors, Ealing MPs, Ealing prospective MPs and the Labour candidate for Mayor of London. '

Labour have not selected their MoL candidate. Christian Woolnar is an 'R' but I doubt he will be selected.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:51 - Mar 28 with 9139 viewsW5R

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:32 - Mar 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Your headline says 'off', the next line says 'highly unlikely' as opposed to 'off', your sources are a whole coterie of people rather than anyone specific and you give no hint or reason why either 'off' or 'highly unlikely' may or may not be the case.

Which do you work for - The Sun, The Standard or The Daily Mail?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 22:46]

OK to be more specific.

No one at Ealing council actually new Beard had gone. Obviously councillors play in a smaller arena than MPs do.

To be fair the council people seemed lovely but a bit unsure what the heck was going on with Warren Farm or OOC. But the latter isn't their bag, that's a different council.

Enquiries are now in place with regards to a different site (this is the MPs situation it seems rather than the council for whatever reason)

QPR are "officially" looking at a new site as OOC is looking "exceedingly unlikely" - according to various people. No one trusts TF and/or are sceptical and/or seem to know less than fans.

People I specifically spoke to where half a dozen councillors, the leader of Ealing council, Stephen Pound and Tessa Jowell.

WHY OOC is "doubtful" / "unlikely" I have no idea.

All said that they were keen for something to happen so that HQ could be sold for social housing and that was Labours priority. But, for whatever reasons a new site was being looked into.

Can't say much more as I don't know anything else.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:54 - Mar 28 with 9121 viewsW5R

Tessa Jowell is the candidate. May not be official yet, but trust me she is the candidate.

Campaign "officially starts" after May 8th.

Amount of camera phones there tonight I'm sure it will be on youtube at some point
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:58 - Mar 28 with 9103 viewsBrianMcCarthy

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:51 - Mar 28 by W5R

OK to be more specific.

No one at Ealing council actually new Beard had gone. Obviously councillors play in a smaller arena than MPs do.

To be fair the council people seemed lovely but a bit unsure what the heck was going on with Warren Farm or OOC. But the latter isn't their bag, that's a different council.

Enquiries are now in place with regards to a different site (this is the MPs situation it seems rather than the council for whatever reason)

QPR are "officially" looking at a new site as OOC is looking "exceedingly unlikely" - according to various people. No one trusts TF and/or are sceptical and/or seem to know less than fans.

People I specifically spoke to where half a dozen councillors, the leader of Ealing council, Stephen Pound and Tessa Jowell.

WHY OOC is "doubtful" / "unlikely" I have no idea.

All said that they were keen for something to happen so that HQ could be sold for social housing and that was Labours priority. But, for whatever reasons a new site was being looked into.

Can't say much more as I don't know anything else.

So, it's not 'off' at all.

You're claim is that some councillors (who don't get to decide whether or which as this is a Mayoral decision, as far as I can see) think that it's either 'doubtful', 'highly unlikely' or 'exceedingly unlikely'.

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:02 - Mar 28 with 9084 viewsHollowayRanger

use to go clubbing at zeniths they had a class bouncer there best id ever seen no one messed with him

not as good as southsides mind that was my fav

as for ooc never thought we get it trying to steal/force others off their land and justifly building a new stadium ,only thing being built there id say is homes

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:04 - Mar 28 with 9083 viewsW5R

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 22:58 - Mar 28 by BrianMcCarthy

So, it's not 'off' at all.

You're claim is that some councillors (who don't get to decide whether or which as this is a Mayoral decision, as far as I can see) think that it's either 'doubtful', 'highly unlikely' or 'exceedingly unlikely'.

So a former chief whip, a Dame and well a few others say "OOC aint happening mate" (lets forget the councillors) and you have an issue. Then "lesser" members of our political system said they dont have a scooby whats going on with WF. IN PUBLIC

A variety of people SPECIFICALLY said words to that. Do you want me to paint you a lovely picture to help you understand the information?

Anyways!

To add. Surely Park Royal is a much much better "new home" ?? Sod greenford IMHO but I'd be MORE than fine with Park Royal AND we would genuinely still be in West London. As the guy who is MP from Southall said ... it's W3...you wouldnt be getting a NW postcode!!!
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:14 - Mar 28 with 9047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:04 - Mar 28 by W5R

So a former chief whip, a Dame and well a few others say "OOC aint happening mate" (lets forget the councillors) and you have an issue. Then "lesser" members of our political system said they dont have a scooby whats going on with WF. IN PUBLIC

A variety of people SPECIFICALLY said words to that. Do you want me to paint you a lovely picture to help you understand the information?

Anyways!

To add. Surely Park Royal is a much much better "new home" ?? Sod greenford IMHO but I'd be MORE than fine with Park Royal AND we would genuinely still be in West London. As the guy who is MP from Southall said ... it's W3...you wouldnt be getting a NW postcode!!!

I haven't a problem either way (as I'm dubious about the merits or demerits of the proposals anyway). I'm just trying to decipher your posts, and figure out why your headline says 'off', when your posts say 'unlikely'.

What they 'SPECIFICALLY' said, according to your posts, is in contrast to your heading.

No need for sarcy comments about pictures, kid.

Login to get fewer ads

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:15 - Mar 28 with 9036 viewsdanehoop

Its Scott Jones. A man who listens to voices in his head and loved paladini, hates fernandes. And has a pencil neck. Don't believe a word without taking a sack full of salt to go with it.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 23:17]

Never knowingly understood

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:17 - Mar 28 with 9029 viewsBrianMcCarthy

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:15 - Mar 28 by danehoop

Its Scott Jones. A man who listens to voices in his head and loved paladini, hates fernandes. And has a pencil neck. Don't believe a word without taking a sack full of salt to go with it.

Thanks Dane. Ya, I knew that too.

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:28 - Mar 28 with 8997 viewsPommyhoop

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:15 - Mar 28 by danehoop

This post from the Tony Fernandes thread seems to fit in here perfectly..

Ah the old Rangers tinternet war. feelings run deeper than scabs and strikers in the 80's miners strike..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:28 - Mar 28 with 8999 viewsdaveB

Why would Park Royal be better? Awful transport links, no pubs nearby, sounds a terrible idea to me
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 23:48 - Mar 28 with 8961 viewsmichael67

Scott Jones. Reply to this.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 10:17 - Mar 29 with 8629 viewsRangersDave

Noooooooooo the wheely bin kid is back from Poland?

Lock up your cats boys, this mans a fruit Loop!

Mind you wheely bins outside restaurants are a great B+B if you choose the right one and move evy week to vary your diet! Rather like a caravan I'd imagine.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 10:32 - Mar 29 with 8573 viewsessextaxiboy

I was told this including the Greenford option at the Everton game .
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 12:34 - Mar 29 with 8361 viewsLythamR

I dont beleive the OOC is officially off, and i wouldnt infer it based on gossip from ealing councillors et al

it would be prudent for QPR to continue to look at alternatives given the current state of play with OOC and Car Giant, just because enquiries are being made about alternative sites doesnt mean the original plan is dead

Games are being played for high stakes, lots of interested parties and lots of hot air as well.

Beleive nothing unless it comes from a bona fide source in writing, in public and even then be sceptical until it is set in stone
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 12:44 - Mar 29 with 8319 viewsSpiritofGregory

Never thought that OOC was going to happen, Car Giant hold all the cards. As if an owner of a well run business would fall into the CPO trap.

Might have something to do with Tony's latest tweet.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 13:19 - Mar 29 with 8264 viewsW5R

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 10:32 - Mar 29 by essextaxiboy

Nice to hear that I'm not the only one told it.

And to add, this was a public forum where it was spoken about. "Not gossipy" in any, way, shape or form.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 13:27 - Mar 29 with 8242 viewsSpiritofGregory

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 10:32 - Mar 29 by essextaxiboy

Jeez not Greenford would rather Park Royal.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 14:24 - Mar 29 with 8138 viewskensalriser

Whether or not there's any truth in it, it still comes across as self-important, attention-seeking, vainglorious ITK gobshite bollox.

And for that reason, as disco would say, I'm out.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 14:55 - Mar 29 with 8107 viewsW5R

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 14:24 - Mar 29 by kensalriser

Whether or not there's any truth in it, it still comes across as self-important, attention-seeking, vainglorious ITK gobshite bollox.

And for that reason, as disco would say, I'm out.

Well if you cared about QPR, as I'm sure you do, you'd investigate it.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 15:07 - Mar 29 with 8075 viewsFredManRave

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 14:55 - Mar 29 by W5R

Well if you cared about QPR, as I'm sure you do, you'd investigate it.

Sophist.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 19:15 - Mar 29 with 7793 viewsBillionR

Also heard from someone close to the planning side of things that car giant hold all the cards and TF has nothing but political spin and hope.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 19:48 - Mar 29 with 7728 viewsBasingstokeR

Is there no land on OOC that isn't CG Owner's land then? I was under the impression that CG Owner's bit was less than 25% of the overall plot.
OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 19:57 - Mar 29 with 7698 viewsJuzzie

OOC is OFF but a new stadium isn't on 19:48 - Mar 29 by BasingstokeR

Is there no land on OOC that isn't CG Owner's land then? I was under the impression that CG Owner's bit was less than 25% of the overall plot.

I though that too.
Maybe not ideal but locate the stadium on non-CG land (i'm sure it wont cause too much access issues on match day) then let everyone else argue the toss over the CG land.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024