Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Names from the (recent) past. 16:18 - Mar 29 with 1549 viewsderbyhoop

Macclesfield vs Bristol Rovers at the top of the Conference (4th against 2nd). Rovers side included Angelo Balanta, who was poor and subbed after 70 minutes; and Lee Brown at LB.

Balanta was an odd one. Loads of ability but after every loan spell, he was worse.
Brown just wasn't good enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Names from the (recent) past. on 17:06 - Mar 29 with 1492 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know you can't put too much stock into friendlies but we played Oxford away pre season a few years ago where Balanta looked like Thierry Henry. I was screwing because I though previous managers had ignored him. Soon realised in subsequent reserve games and the odd couple of minutes here and there he was more like Stefan Moore.

Odd, odd, player.
Names from the (recent) past. on 18:47 - Mar 29 with 1418 viewskensalriser

He's not odd. Just not very good.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Names from the (recent) past. on 19:33 - Mar 29 with 1362 viewsDWQPR

Great set of ears on him though. Glad to hear he lasted 70 minutes, saw him for Rovers in a televised game earlier in the season against Gateshead and his crossing was astonishingly bad and he was subbed after 25 minutes. Looked totally disinterested.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Names from the (recent) past. on 11:29 - Mar 30 with 1232 viewsRangers67

Went to the FA Trophy final yesterday, Wrexham v North Ferriby Utd ( yep I had never heard of them either)with my Wrexham supporting neighbour. Watching the big screen display the players pictures before the game and up pops Adam Bolder, playing for NRU. Looked like he had found his level. Anyway quite an entertaining game that Wrexham should have won at a canter but ended up losing on pens. NRU apparently are backed by the son or son in law of the guy at Hull.
Names from the (recent) past. on 11:33 - Mar 30 with 1224 viewsTheChef

Lee Cook is playing at Barnet now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Names from the (recent) past. on 00:23 - Mar 31 with 1134 viewsLowerloftLad

We played Wrexham in the 03/04 season in the league that was the best season to support QPR to date was a lot more fun than watching the last four seasons with the exception of a handle full of games
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 0:25]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024