Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wrestlemania 20:53 - Mar 29 with 2470 viewskingsburyR

I don't get it...is anyone on here buying it in.

It's the same price as the Mayweather vs Pacman fight.

All the results are pre planned. What's the attraction?

Anyone?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

wrestlemania on 20:55 - Mar 29 with 2467 viewsWatford_Ranger

It's a soap opera, not really aimed at anyone over 18 but I can see why people are into it if you follow the plots a la Eastenders. Still wouldn't dream of paying a score for it but might steam some for old time's sake.
wrestlemania on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 2455 viewsYorkRanger

For me it's complete sh1te
wrestlemania on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 2444 viewspaulparker

wrestlemania on 20:59 - Mar 29 by YorkRanger

For me it's complete sh1te

Not a patch on World of sport !! Kendo Nagasaki used to be my nans favourite on a Saturday lunchtime
But yes anyone over 12 who watches it must be a virgin , utter bollox

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

wrestlemania on 21:12 - Mar 29 with 2428 viewsHayesender

Was on my paddy power account yesterday, and I was proper surprised you can actually bet on it.

How can you bet on something where the results are prearranged?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

wrestlemania on 21:12 - Mar 29 with 2428 viewsYorkRanger

wrestlemania on 21:06 - Mar 29 by paulparker

Not a patch on World of sport !! Kendo Nagasaki used to be my nans favourite on a Saturday lunchtime

Yep, bring back Dicky Davies
wrestlemania on 21:14 - Mar 29 with 2426 viewsPommyhoop

I'm with you PP..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

wrestlemania on 21:59 - Mar 29 with 2371 viewsPommyhoop

One for your Nan PP.
Jump to 3:05 for the wrestlers coming into the studio.
Classic 70's tele...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

wrestlemania on 22:01 - Mar 29 with 2367 viewsdaveB

you know the good guys will win in the end of most movies but people still pay to watch them

Not watched it for a long time now but used to love the wrestling, just a really enjoyable entertainment show
Login to get fewer ads

wrestlemania on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 2341 viewspaulparker

wrestlemania on 21:59 - Mar 29 by Pommyhoop

One for your Nan PP.
Jump to 3:05 for the wrestlers coming into the studio.
Classic 70's tele...

Cheers Pom the old girl always had World of Sport on a Saturday It really was a big thing in the 70's & 80's , it was as camp as Christmas but still very entertaining
Much better than this WWE rubbish

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

wrestlemania on 22:26 - Mar 29 with 2327 viewsLowerloftLad

I went to watch wwe last year in London just to find 3 of my old mates sat 3 rows infront of me it's pretty decent night out and a good seat for £20.00 pound and had a few beers i would go again and watch it live

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

wrestlemania on 22:28 - Mar 29 with 2319 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yeah those 13 year old virgins are proper saddos!
wrestlemania on 23:04 - Mar 29 with 2269 viewsMarc

The attraction? The same sort of things/reasons as to why a person might watch a film/tv show etc

Loved it as a kid (the attitude era, and for anyone that thinks that was aimed at kids you are massively mistaken) and still watch WM every year.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/3/29/8282137/wrestlemania-31-live-stream-onlin
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 23:07]
wrestlemania on 23:06 - Mar 29 with 2268 viewsMarc

nm
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 23:08]
wrestlemania on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 2260 viewsMarc

wrestlemania on 21:12 - Mar 29 by Hayesender

Was on my paddy power account yesterday, and I was proper surprised you can actually bet on it.

Because plans can and will change right up until the last minute behind the scenes.

Some people made huge profit on the Undertaker/Lesnar result last year
wrestlemania on 11:43 - Mar 30 with 2063 viewswestberksr

my mum was complaining yesterday that Dad at the age of 78, having sat and watched every bit of sport on Sky has now added this shit to his roster.

she can put up with South American division 2 ladies football as it least that isn't ALWAYS fixed, but she's doing her nut at this latest addition and think's the old man is losing the plot!
wrestlemania on 11:59 - Mar 30 with 2041 viewsLowerloftLad

Football is massively fixed and I think QPR took part in the biggest fix in footballing history and no one battered an eye lid QPR just passed the ball to Manchester city from the centre spot ????
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 12:00]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

wrestlemania on 12:11 - Mar 30 with 2019 viewsRs_Holy

wrestlemania on 11:59 - Mar 30 by LowerloftLad

Football is massively fixed and I think QPR took part in the biggest fix in footballing history and no one battered an eye lid QPR just passed the ball to Manchester city from the centre spot ????
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 12:00]

Na.. we were just crap!.... If you want to see a team deliberately losing by a big score then the 6-0 over Palarse when we needed to win to stay up was very wiffy!
wrestlemania on 12:14 - Mar 30 with 2011 viewsJamie

wrestlemania on 21:12 - Mar 29 by Hayesender

Presumably the script is a tightly guarded secret until the last second.

Equally as said above, if the odds are too far on Louis Lycra beating Sammy Spandex, they can just flick the script up.
wrestlemania on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 1970 viewsconnell10

was reading a piece in the paper about how many wrestlers i watched in the passed have died, randy savage, mr perfect, ultimate warrior, doink the clown, crush , the list is endless!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

wrestlemania on 12:56 - Mar 30 with 1959 viewsdaveB

wrestlemania on 12:14 - Mar 30 by Jamie

Presumably the script is a tightly guarded secret until the last second.

Equally as said above, if the odds are too far on Louis Lycra beating Sammy Spandex, they can just flick the script up.

read a few books on wrestling and it's not as scripted as I thought, a lot of it is just improvised at the time depending on how the crowd are reacting. The main scripted part is who wins but how they do it is rarely decided.
wrestlemania on 13:14 - Mar 30 with 1923 viewsWokingR

I think some of you have written this off too soon and it might just be worth another look

wrestlemania on 13:40 - Mar 30 with 1887 viewsJamie

wrestlemania on 12:56 - Mar 30 by daveB

read a few books on wrestling and it's not as scripted as I thought, a lot of it is just improvised at the time depending on how the crowd are reacting. The main scripted part is who wins but how they do it is rarely decided.

That was what I meant with regard the script - the actors not being told who wins the fight until show time and then having to make it up themselves on the fly.
wrestlemania on 13:50 - Mar 30 with 1881 viewsJeff

wrestlemania on 13:40 - Mar 30 by Jamie

That was what I meant with regard the script - the actors not being told who wins the fight until show time and then having to make it up themselves on the fly.

Its not quite as laissez faire as that - the wrestlers will have been working an 'angle' for some time, so will normally have a good idea of the outcome of a match or programme some time in advance - it's not quite 'Undertaker wins, off you go...' - they will have also discussed the match ahead of them with the writing staff or 'bookers' who loosely choreograph things.

they will know how it needs to end, and they will know a couple of the moves or 'spots' that they want/need to perform, and then in ring they call the shots between themselves and the referee - the 'senior' wrestler normally leads unless they are both very experienced. Most of the wrestlers have worked with each other hundreds of times, so they trust each other implicitly - what they do is actually really quite difficult to pull off and look good at the same time.

Can we not knock it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024