Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight 11:43 - Mar 30 with 2161 viewsganjR

Looking fwd to this, hope to see the likes of Doughty, Grego-Cox, Manning and Blackwood in action.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 11:55 - Mar 30 with 2138 viewsaston_hoop

I think Grego-Cox and Manning are still on International duty with the Irish youths. Probably end up with SWP instead!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 12:00 - Mar 30 with 2119 viewsTacticalR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 11:55 - Mar 30 by aston_hoop

I think Grego-Cox and Manning are still on International duty with the Irish youths. Probably end up with SWP instead!

I am not paying nothing to watch SWP.

Air hostess clique

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 12:10 - Mar 30 with 2103 viewsganjR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 11:55 - Mar 30 by aston_hoop

I did wonder about the 2 youngsters still being away.
Oh well, Zamora, Krancjar and SWP it is then.... Bet Doughty and Blackwood will be missing too....
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 12:12 - Mar 30 with 2097 viewsJonDoeman

A repeat of that final from a couple of years back, I might pop down , fck all on telly as usual!

It Is What It Is !!

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 12:16 - Mar 30 with 2085 viewsRs_Holy

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 12:00 - Mar 30 by TacticalR

I am not paying nothing to watch SWP.

I payed £40 to watch him at palarse the other week!... the only silver lining was that is was a restricted view!
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 19:01 - Mar 30 with 1918 viewsganjR

Line-ups for those who are interested:
QPR: Lumley, Comley, Kakay, Donellan, Wise, Donaldson, Shodipo, Sutherland, Gibbons, Mitchell, Mulraney. Subs: pattie, Herdman, Komodikis, Williams (1 sub short)
Town: Allinson, Hanson, Senior, D.Holmes, Wilkinson, Horsfall, Tronstad, Billing, B.Holmes, Bojaj, Pyke. With 5 subs.
As a side note... Richard Langley is here.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 19:21 - Mar 30 with 1886 viewsaston_hoop

Theres a live stream of it from the official youtube for anyone a little bit bored. Its experiencing technical difficulties naturally. Need to get SWP in to sort out that audio and video equipment like he did for Leroy Fer

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 19:21 - Mar 30 with 1884 viewsganjR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 19:01 - Mar 30 by ganjR

Line-ups for those who are interested:
QPR: Lumley, Comley, Kakay, Donellan, Wise, Donaldson, Shodipo, Sutherland, Gibbons, Mitchell, Mulraney. Subs: pattie, Herdman, Komodikis, Williams (1 sub short)
Town: Allinson, Hanson, Senior, D.Holmes, Wilkinson, Horsfall, Tronstad, Billing, B.Holmes, Bojaj, Pyke. With 5 subs.
As a side note... Richard Langley is here.

1-0 Huddersfield. Header from a corner.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 19:40 - Mar 30 with 1865 viewsganjR

2-0 Huddersfield. Duane Holmes deflected shot.
He and especially Phillip 'Fellani' Billing have been the best players on the pitch by far.
Donellan ok for us, Lumley looks very uncomfortable with his feet.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 1712 viewsganjR

Phone died at half time.
Just back. That was fcking freezing.
Final score: QPR 1 v 4 Huddersfield.T
They were by far the better side, I would assume that they had more experience players as we had a very young side, but they were more cohesive, more athletic looking, sharper and technically miles ahead of us.
Duane Holmes and Phillip Billing ran the midfield, Jack Hanson at RB looked good as did their general forward play.
For us, Lumley, Wise and Donaldson looked very poor on the ball and spend many a time playing the ball back and forth to eachother like it was a grenade that they were scared of. Also the only real tactic I saw us deploy was to play the ball across goal, which was a big no-no in my day of playing, sure it still is now.
Leo Donnellan at RB was probably my pick of the players, although he left the defence short at times going forward and had an annoying habit of beating his man to the byline before cutting onto his weak (I hope) left foot to waste the cross.
Sutherland looks to have not recovered from his unlucky injuries, Donaldson really disappointed, Odabijo and Kakay are still very young and the others were neat at times but wasteful.
I don't want to be too harsh on the lads today, they are young and were missing the likes of Furlong, Kpekawa, Doughty, Grego-Cox, Lennox and Manning as well as trialist Blackwood.
Heard something about a young, potentially Colombian player as I tried eavesdropping on a conversation behind me, although not sure it related to us as a few clubs and matches were mentioned.
Ben Pattie scored a tap in at the end, Horsfall and Duane Holmes scored in the first, pretty sure that Pyke got 1 or 2 in the second.
Decent turn out tonight by the fans who, in fairness, didnt lay into the players or team.
Do have doubts (probably unfairly) over Steve Gallen. Twice I've seen a side of his and neither time they've seen too coherent.
No SWP tonight, but as I said before, nice to see Richard Langley there.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 23:20 - Mar 30 with 1562 viewsflynnbo

Agree, a fair assessment of the performance and of the freezing wind! Ramsey, Furs senior and Andy Impey also in attendance and was told Kevin Gallen was also coming. Was very impressed by their Phillip Billing who looked a class apart.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 23:50 - Mar 30 with 1522 viewsganjR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 23:20 - Mar 30 by flynnbo

Agree, a fair assessment of the performance and of the freezing wind! Ramsey, Furs senior and Andy Impey also in attendance and was told Kevin Gallen was also coming. Was very impressed by their Phillip Billing who looked a class apart.

My hat off to you sir for braving it tonight.
Billing was the best player out there tonight, watching him made me wonder about Laurent-Hunt who could've been our very own version of him, maybe.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 08:32 - Mar 31 with 1350 viewsnix

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 23:50 - Mar 30 by ganjR

My hat off to you sir for braving it tonight.
Billing was the best player out there tonight, watching him made me wonder about Laurent-Hunt who could've been our very own version of him, maybe.

I was at the match as well and agree with pretty much everything that was said but would also like to add a couple of points. There were a couple of aspects that concerned me a bit. One was there were a couple of players that just looked like they were never going to reach the standard of premier league or even championship football. Their levels of pace, control, movement and comfort on the ball just didn't look good enough; so why is the club paying them. The other was the standard of the basic organisational stuff: throw-ins, free kicks, corners. Surely, that's down to coaching not individual skill levels. They didn't seem to have any strategy for these things. It also just seemed to me like the issues we have with the first team, lack of pace down the middle, a tendency to slow the ball down when on the break rather than speed it up, and some pretty poor movement off the ball. I haven't seen any other u-21 matches with the 'star' players but I have noticed a tendency for them to shoot from distance rather than break teams down, again something that drives me mad about the first team.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 09:22 - Mar 31 with 1307 viewsganjR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 08:32 - Mar 31 by nix

I was at the match as well and agree with pretty much everything that was said but would also like to add a couple of points. There were a couple of aspects that concerned me a bit. One was there were a couple of players that just looked like they were never going to reach the standard of premier league or even championship football. Their levels of pace, control, movement and comfort on the ball just didn't look good enough; so why is the club paying them. The other was the standard of the basic organisational stuff: throw-ins, free kicks, corners. Surely, that's down to coaching not individual skill levels. They didn't seem to have any strategy for these things. It also just seemed to me like the issues we have with the first team, lack of pace down the middle, a tendency to slow the ball down when on the break rather than speed it up, and some pretty poor movement off the ball. I haven't seen any other u-21 matches with the 'star' players but I have noticed a tendency for them to shoot from distance rather than break teams down, again something that drives me mad about the first team.

Fair play to you too for making it down as well.
I agree with your comments, we didn't do the basics well and our forward play was as pedestrian as the first teams.
Again, they were a young side out there against a team that was far more experienced, development wise (a number of them) so don't want to be too harsh, but I couldn't, hand on heart, pick any of our team as future championship level. Of course, players develop, gain more experience and become better players for it, some develop late, maybe naturally or through change of attitude, but looking at them and how far ahead Town were, I didn't see enough signs for me to come out of there thinking 'I'll keep an eye out for x', although as I said, Donnellan was my pick.
Also, Frankie Bunn, the Huddersfield coach, did well as the 1st team caretaker between Robins and Powell (if I remember correctly) and his team showed why last night.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 10:53 - Mar 31 with 1240 viewsNW5Hoop

It was not unlike watching the first team: slow, lumbering, inaccurate.

That Phillip Billing looked excellent. Danish U19 international and by a distance the best player on the pitch.
QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 11:33 - Mar 31 with 1200 viewsganjR

QPR U-21's v Huddersfield.T U-21's @ Loftus Rd. FREE Tonight on 10:53 - Mar 31 by NW5Hoop

It was not unlike watching the first team: slow, lumbering, inaccurate.

That Phillip Billing looked excellent. Danish U19 international and by a distance the best player on the pitch.

Only 18 years old too. Contracted til '17 with option of an extra year.
Want to apologise also, Mark Lillis was caretaker and not Frankie Bunn as I wrongly suggested in an earlier post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024