Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Ramsey the job 15:31 - Apr 12 with 26219 viewsGetMeRangers

After todays performance he deserves it
Give Ramsey the job on 12:02 - Apr 20 with 3309 viewsfrancisbowles

Give Ramsey the job on 00:01 - Apr 18 by Trom

I've been been warming to him since he started to use the 3-5-2 formation at times. Ultimately it was was what our summer signings set us up to play. It looks more solid but carries a threat. That you have to put down to coaching

I didn't see the Villa game apart from very limited highlights. ( I was on a plane arranged before rescheduling).

Who was in the middle of the three? Caulker or Ned?

One of the problems with the three earlier in the season was that it was unbalanced, nobody looking comfortable on the left. That changes with Hill and it suits Yun/Traore and Isla to play as wingbacks.

The main problem now would be Matty. What do you do with him?

For this reason I think we should stick to 442 and only switch to a three if we are chasing a game.
Give Ramsey the job on 17:17 - Apr 20 with 3227 viewswhittocksRs

Give Ramsey the job on 12:02 - Apr 20 by francisbowles

I didn't see the Villa game apart from very limited highlights. ( I was on a plane arranged before rescheduling).

Who was in the middle of the three? Caulker or Ned?

One of the problems with the three earlier in the season was that it was unbalanced, nobody looking comfortable on the left. That changes with Hill and it suits Yun/Traore and Isla to play as wingbacks.

The main problem now would be Matty. What do you do with him?

For this reason I think we should stick to 442 and only switch to a three if we are chasing a game.

Surely the best thing would be to train them all in both, so we can switch throughout games if necessary?
Give Ramsey the job on 19:20 - Apr 20 with 3193 viewsfrancisbowles

Give Ramsey the job on 17:17 - Apr 20 by whittocksRs

Surely the best thing would be to train them all in both, so we can switch throughout games if necessary?

Yes, I concur with that. However, Matty as a right winger is currently one of our main assets and therefore I believe our starting formation should have him in that position, not as a wing back!
Give Ramsey the job on 00:29 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Ok, Im very late to this thread but after reading most of the posts, it seems we are still undecided.
Personally i think that no matter where we are next season, he has earned the right to be considered and interviewed for the position. This isnt his team and we dont know who or what he would do had he been given a transfer window and limited amount of cash. What he has shown is that he can organise and motivate a group of players into a team that will work hard for him. He may get some selections wrong but at least he's willing to give it a go instead of just bury his head a per our previous managers.
I do like what he says with regards to running the club and if he can transfer that mentality to the players and staff then thats great.
The jury is out on Les at the moment TBH as he hasnt proved anything to me yet.
Warburton has managed a team at a lower lever and has less prem experience than Ramsey (i think?)
Clement...well this would be most people ideal selection but come on, how bad would you have to be to fail at Real. They have the ability to buy the best on the planet and I'll bet the facilities and resources he's been given would probably dwarf most of the Prem clubs TBH.

Id actually like to hear more from Ramsey as to who and what he would change, what our style would be and any other plans.

Crucial to our progress is the fact that we really all have to support the manager and his ideas and accept it isnt going to happen overnight. Ill be happy with a staedy progression over the next season of so and positive proof that we are inmproving.
Id probably sell my soul for Prem footy next season though :)
Give Ramsey the job on 15:07 - Apr 21 with 3025 viewsJordanFoster

A few fantastic posts by Neil and I agree wholeheartedly with them.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, Ramsey will still be a fantastic coach, a likeable character and someone very beneficial to the club. That really won't change.

He's very well respected by the players, he's gone back to basics and connected with them. I know for a fact that players are enjoying his training sessions more, just because things have been freshened up and new ideas implemented.

The only thing I would be hesitant about would be going into the Championship, if we get relegated of course, with a very inexperienced manager and Director of Football. Bearing in mind the squad could be needing a massive facelift, neither really have any experience in this. It could be chaos.

It's the same with Paul Clement, a good coach but someone who knows next to nothing about the Championship and will be working under a DoF (Something he's not too keen on) that he doesn't know. That's a car crash waiting to happen if even I've seen it.

The Mark Warburton link will continually come around until he's appointed somewhere else after leaving Brentford. He's got a philosophy that he sticks too and always wants to play the right way. Brentford are playing teams off the park at GP this year, but even when things aren't going right he still expects the ball to be played on the floor and berates his side if they start launching it long.

He's very analytical, very honest and has an in=depth knowledge of European youngsters having started the NextGen series (Player of the Season Alex Pritchard first came to his attention when he played in this a few years back).

He likes to play 4-2-3-1 with two industrious midfielders protecting a back four made up with two athletic, attacking minded wing-backs and two commanding centre halves.

The lone striker doesn't need to be good in the air and he isnt the best, he pulls the two centre halves all over the place creating space for the three attacking midfielders - who whilst being technically gifted, have a very high work rate. The often play a counter attacking game and the keeper will be asked to drop the ball quick into the attacking third for the front four to cause havoc.

Warburton has a philosophy and sticks to it. Whether that can be implemented at Rangers when, if relegated, promotion is the main concern I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd go for a Kenny Jackett and Joe Gallen combo.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 15:30]
Give Ramsey the job on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 2994 viewsdaveB

Jackett and Gallen would be my choice if we go down as well.
Give Ramsey the job on 16:28 - Apr 21 with 2970 viewsJordanFoster

Give Ramsey the job on 15:53 - Apr 21 by daveB

Jackett and Gallen would be my choice if we go down as well.

Great minds and all that, eh!
Give Ramsey the job on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 2962 viewsRangersw12

Give Ramsey the job on 16:28 - Apr 21 by JordanFoster

Great minds and all that, eh!

I doubt the board even know who Kenny Jacket is
Login to get fewer ads

Give Ramsey the job on 19:15 - Apr 21 with 2909 viewsFredManRave

We've got Chris Ramsey.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Give Ramsey the job on 23:04 - Apr 21 with 2841 viewsNorthernr

On the back of this thread, Neil has written us this...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38469
Give Ramsey the job on 00:49 - Apr 22 with 2768 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Give Ramsey the job on 23:04 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Smashing article.

I've skipped through the thread so it's probably been said before but I'd take Ramsay in the championship over several of these journeyman promotion/relegation managers who play revolving doors with the not quite top-flight English teams. At least it might give us the foundation to stay up for more than 2 seasons at least a couple of times in the next 10 years.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 0:56]

It's got to be Yarg

Give Ramsey the job on 00:54 - Apr 22 with 2771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's an excellent article by Neil.

I agree with it all, but would praise it even if I didn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Give Ramsey the job on 07:17 - Apr 22 with 2706 viewsGetMeRangers

Thank you Neil for such an excellent article. I would actually like this see TF get a copy of it too. Level headed and written by someone with foresight and consideration

"Through crowding that area, we reduced Chelsea to their worst pass completion performance in any match this season — 70%. It was actually a blue print for other sides out there on how to nullify them. No wonder Jose Mourinho came away impressed, and offered Ramsey commiserations at the final whistle. "

- I didnt realise this but perhaps that is why I felt happy after the game despite the crushing late goal. I makes much more sense why JM was quite humble in victory, as you mentioned
Give Ramsey the job on 08:43 - Apr 22 with 2659 viewsMvpeter

Give Ramsey the job on 07:17 - Apr 22 by GetMeRangers

Thank you Neil for such an excellent article. I would actually like this see TF get a copy of it too. Level headed and written by someone with foresight and consideration

"Through crowding that area, we reduced Chelsea to their worst pass completion performance in any match this season — 70%. It was actually a blue print for other sides out there on how to nullify them. No wonder Jose Mourinho came away impressed, and offered Ramsey commiserations at the final whistle. "

- I didnt realise this but perhaps that is why I felt happy after the game despite the crushing late goal. I makes much more sense why JM was quite humble in victory, as you mentioned

While I agree that Ramsey has done well with what he's been given, I think we're overreacting because there's been a lack of any management whatsoever prior to him arriving.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Give Ramsey the job on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 2546 viewsSomersetHoops

There will be a question of the timing of the managerial appointment for next season. I've just read a piece about Max Ehmer who was loaned to Gillingham the day before Redknapp left at about the same time Mutch was kicked out. You might think Harry was doing as much damage to his successor as he could get away with. The thing is Ehmer has been rated quite highly by every recent loan club he has been at and I suspect he could do a job for us. Problem is at mid twenties he doesn't want to sit on our bench most of the season and Gillingham want him permanently. He can't discuss the situation with Chris Ramsey as he doesn't know if he will be manager next season. There may be other similar situations.

When Neil Warnock took us out of the Championship , I saw most of the pre-season games and it was clear that there was a team being built that was going to do something that season. Although the opposition was fairly poor in those games the way we played in them and the growing togetherness of those players made me think we would be in for a good season and so it proved to be.

Since then our pre-seasons have been poor and seem to consist of going off to a destination for public relations rather than footballing reasons with half a team that wouldn't play in the first team and who knew it leading to poor team spirit. We need to give our manager and DOF time to get a team together ready at the start of pre-season to build into a proper effective team to take on whatever division we are in. I know there is still slim hope of staying up, but in a few matches we will know whether we are down or still hanging on. Either way I think its best not to leave this important appointment until the last day of the season and limit the planning and recruitment options.

I would like to think that Tony Fernandes will take the time to have a long and considered meeting with Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey to discuss whether they are the right people to take the club forward at some point in the near future. They need to establish in principal whether they can attract the right type of player whether they can inspire those players to perform. I don't think our results from the players the manager has been left with should be the main criteria for deciding whether he is the right man for the job. Its more important that the man selected to be our manager can move the club forward with progressive coaching and better player acquisition and retention choices than those of the recent past.

Whatever we fans think, we only see the superficial elements of how our club's management is progressing and our views won't be considered anyway. I just hope TF really thinks about the important issues and takes the time to make properly considered decision based on competence rather than reputation.

Who's Next?

Give Ramsey the job on 09:41 - Apr 23 with 2463 viewsPommyhoop

Brilliant article.
If you haven't read it do yourself a favour.
Superb Neil.. Superb..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Give Ramsey the job on 16:30 - Apr 25 with 2314 viewsDiscodroids

"well have to look at the data" .

no chance.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 17:07]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Give Ramsey the job on 16:59 - Apr 25 with 2258 viewsSpiritofGregory

Good coach, not a manager.
Give Ramsey the job on 17:07 - Apr 25 with 2231 viewsFloridaR

Would a good manager have chose to put out 4 center backs into the game today with 2 fullbacks available ?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Give Ramsey the job on 17:07 - Apr 25 with 2230 viewspaulparker

Give Ramsey the job on 16:59 - Apr 25 by SpiritofGregory

Good coach, not a manager.

Not even a good coach , 4-4-2 and knock it long to Zamora yet again

Let's write this off now , we are down and we need to plan for next season
TF do the right thing and call Warburton or Robinson ASAP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Give Ramsey the job on 17:09 - Apr 25 with 2221 viewsDiscodroids

Give Ramsey the job on 17:07 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Not even a good coach , 4-4-2 and knock it long to Zamora yet again

Let's write this off now , we are down and we need to plan for next season
TF do the right thing and call Warburton or Robinson ASAP

be fair pp, old grey friars worked that 12 year center half old really well.

hope he carries on the good work down the meat rack tonight the fackin hopless cnt!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Give Ramsey the job on 17:14 - Apr 25 with 2208 viewspaulparker

Give Ramsey the job on 17:09 - Apr 25 by Discodroids

be fair pp, old grey friars worked that 12 year center half old really well.

hope he carries on the good work down the meat rack tonight the fackin hopless cnt!

Alright Disco

Another hard working display but that's it , how people can want Ramsey as boss next year is a mystery, I wouldn't put him in charge of an under 12 team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Give Ramsey the job on 17:34 - Apr 25 with 2184 viewsrsonist

Appointing Ramsey is indeed a no-brainer. Not sure we wouldn't be better off using our brains instead though...
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 17:35]
Give Ramsey the job on 17:40 - Apr 25 with 2169 viewsBenny_the_Ball

When Harry was in charge, the overriding sentiment amongst QPR fans was that we had a good squad that were not being coached correctly. Now Ramsey is in charge, all of a sudden the squad isn't good enough.

I've been torn on this one but today's performance has convinced me he's not the man to take us forward as manager. However, I'm more than happy for him to remain as a coach.
Give Ramsey the job on 17:57 - Apr 25 with 2140 viewsFDC

Give Ramsey the job on 17:40 - Apr 25 by Benny_the_Ball

When Harry was in charge, the overriding sentiment amongst QPR fans was that we had a good squad that were not being coached correctly. Now Ramsey is in charge, all of a sudden the squad isn't good enough.

I've been torn on this one but today's performance has convinced me he's not the man to take us forward as manager. However, I'm more than happy for him to remain as a coach.

I'll speak for myself here. My opinion has always been that the team is less than the sum of its parts ie. the squad looks better than the performances we see. That's partly coaching, but also a poorly bought squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024