Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Ramsey the job 15:31 - Apr 12 with 26171 viewsGetMeRangers

After todays performance he deserves it
Give Ramsey the job on 21:53 - Apr 12 with 2553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Give Ramsey the job on 21:46 - Apr 12 by rsonist

If the plumber has a noble but unsuccessful effort at fixing your blocked bog you don't hire him to do your rewiring after.

When 12 plumbers in a row can't fix your bog, maybe it's your whole system that needs changing.

Nonsense comparison.
Give Ramsey the job on 22:02 - Apr 12 with 2511 viewsNorthernr

Give Ramsey the job on 18:52 - Apr 12 by RangersAreBack

Same agenda essex or just sane individuals looking at the facts?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 18:56]

Individual.
Give Ramsey the job on 22:12 - Apr 12 with 2479 viewsNeil_SI

If it were me, I'd give Ramsey the job and give it to him now. I said as much recently in one of Antti's posts back here: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142835/1840826/ant

But to expand on that, there's some similarities here with Ian Holloway's reign, and in my view, Chris Ramsey is the kind of person this club needs.

We appointed Holloway back in February 2001, in a desperate attempt to stave off relegation, but failed. Holloway took us down to League One, and I remember being disappointed at that time that he failed to keep us up.

But that was grossly unfair, because he, like Ramsey, inherited a really difficult situation. There is no magic wand, and they need time to put their ideas and approach across, and they do need an opportunity to build their own team. In the end, Holloway dragged this club to its feet, when it had been on its knees. He restored respect and pride, and delivered some memorable and amazing experiences throughout that period.

Likewise, it's just nonsense to expect you will survive as a newly promoted club, whether it's Ramsey, Harry Redknapp or Jose Mourinho in charge, or whether they've spent millions or not. It's totally normal for the risk assessment of relegation to be a possible outcome.

Holloway went on to show just how capable he was operating on practically zero resources, but the key ingredients he had were passion, honesty and a 100% commitment to the cause. If you look around at what this club needs most, it's just that. The basics of hard work. Just look at how many have not been 100% committed over the years, which includes the owners and board, and some managers and players too.

Ramsey is going to give you 100% commitment, and to vital areas of the football club that really need it, at a club where hard work hasn't always been high on the agenda. That the players haven't downed tools actually says a lot about his impact. We've seen us put the cue on the rack before, we know what it smells like and you can see that's totally not the case here.

Sometimes you have to look past the initial phase of results, which is often what most club chairman and supporters fail to do. We proved when we did that with Holloway that we could bounce back and come back stronger than before.

The FFP situation really has nothing to do with this. Either we'll be in the Premier League, in the Championship or by some bizarre outcome, somewhere much further down the pyramid, with more or less debt either way.

But all of those outcomes are ones we can recover from and are all situations that need good healthy foundations to be built on from hard work first. It's those things we've been avoiding getting on with for years, and the quicker we get on with it, the better.
Give Ramsey the job on 22:18 - Apr 12 with 2456 viewsessextaxiboy

Give Ramsey the job on 22:02 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Individual.

There was an odd kid at school who had an imaginary friend .....Pathetic .
Give Ramsey the job on 22:22 - Apr 12 with 2445 viewsibnumber10

Ramsey is improving the effectiveness of individual players and the team. He's a well respected coach within the game, I've sat in on one of his coaching sessions before he came to us, and he is no mug, he can be quite stern when needed.
As far as managing in the premier league he is inexperienced but he is getting more and more out of a limited unbalanced squad, riddled with injuries.
He has restored some pride and hope, and yes we are odds on to go down, but if we do we will go down fighting, unlike the last time when we meandered to a 0-0 draw against Reading.
Whatever division we are in its the summer transfer activity that will be key.
We totally cocked up in the last 4 summer transfer windows with the exception of just a few players and that's with 3 of the most experienced managers in the game.
Ramsey himself is improving and he will be best placed to understand the areas that need strengthening.
He has a good relationship with Sir Les which will be valuable for us in the long term.
He gets my vote, what he needs is the long term support of the shareholders and supporters to finally have a chance of building this club up properly.
Give Ramsey the job on 22:24 - Apr 12 with 2395 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Give Ramsey the job on 22:12 - Apr 12 by Neil_SI

If it were me, I'd give Ramsey the job and give it to him now. I said as much recently in one of Antti's posts back here: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142835/1840826/ant

But to expand on that, there's some similarities here with Ian Holloway's reign, and in my view, Chris Ramsey is the kind of person this club needs.

We appointed Holloway back in February 2001, in a desperate attempt to stave off relegation, but failed. Holloway took us down to League One, and I remember being disappointed at that time that he failed to keep us up.

But that was grossly unfair, because he, like Ramsey, inherited a really difficult situation. There is no magic wand, and they need time to put their ideas and approach across, and they do need an opportunity to build their own team. In the end, Holloway dragged this club to its feet, when it had been on its knees. He restored respect and pride, and delivered some memorable and amazing experiences throughout that period.

Likewise, it's just nonsense to expect you will survive as a newly promoted club, whether it's Ramsey, Harry Redknapp or Jose Mourinho in charge, or whether they've spent millions or not. It's totally normal for the risk assessment of relegation to be a possible outcome.

Holloway went on to show just how capable he was operating on practically zero resources, but the key ingredients he had were passion, honesty and a 100% commitment to the cause. If you look around at what this club needs most, it's just that. The basics of hard work. Just look at how many have not been 100% committed over the years, which includes the owners and board, and some managers and players too.

Ramsey is going to give you 100% commitment, and to vital areas of the football club that really need it, at a club where hard work hasn't always been high on the agenda. That the players haven't downed tools actually says a lot about his impact. We've seen us put the cue on the rack before, we know what it smells like and you can see that's totally not the case here.

Sometimes you have to look past the initial phase of results, which is often what most club chairman and supporters fail to do. We proved when we did that with Holloway that we could bounce back and come back stronger than before.

The FFP situation really has nothing to do with this. Either we'll be in the Premier League, in the Championship or by some bizarre outcome, somewhere much further down the pyramid, with more or less debt either way.

But all of those outcomes are ones we can recover from and are all situations that need good healthy foundations to be built on from hard work first. It's those things we've been avoiding getting on with for years, and the quicker we get on with it, the better.

Great post.
Give Ramsey the job on 22:46 - Apr 12 with 2351 viewsHunterhoop

So "input over output" then.
Give Ramsey the job on 23:23 - Apr 12 with 2302 viewsingeminate

Give Ramsey the job on 22:46 - Apr 12 by Hunterhoop

So "input over output" then.

Tactically astute, fully committed t the cause with the wear withal to take us out of the championship, sign him up.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Give Ramsey the job on 00:59 - Apr 13 with 2248 viewsSomersetHoops

Give Ramsey the job on 16:45 - Apr 12 by GetMeRangers

As you are in the know, please enlighten us. I am sure we would be delighted to know the outcome.
The FL have a weak case... they have since revised the rules and cant see their limited resources being able to cope with :
A) a season postponed because of a court case
B) Have the resources to match our owners
C) the Premier League being prepared to accept a team up to replace us, if they wont allow us into the Fl
But as you are in the know, I am sure you can relieve my anxiety

If we don't keep him, after what he has done recently there will be plenty of clubs that will take him. I think he has done enough to demonstrate his competence in the job and I don't think Warburton would have done better and I don't think Warburton is a better option for next season either.

Who's Next?

Give Ramsey the job on 06:48 - Apr 13 with 2193 viewsWesty75

If we keep up this momentum and level of performance until the end of the season then regardless of whether we stay up i'd like to see him given the job. Absolutely no guarantee that anyone else would do a better job.
Give Ramsey the job on 07:32 - Apr 13 with 2164 viewsSpiritofGregory

Foolish not to blame Green for the goal, the defence won't appreciate being blamed for the goal.
Give Ramsey the job on 07:48 - Apr 13 with 2154 viewsElHoop

if you look at it logically Ramsey was given the job until the end of the season and and that is what he deserved as it gives him a chance to prove himself as the best option for the future. So far he's done OK but just OK in my view. We've lost our last 6 at home and we really shouldn't have lost all 6. For instance Green was doing those stupid kicks all game on a windy day and in the last ten minutes you dont want to knock any passes short and give away a breakaway situation. Why not tell him to just whack it up there? Is he scared to tell Green what to do? We've done that so many times - short balls or short free kicks or corners giving away possession when we have something to lose. It's disappointing. For me it raises a question mark about Ramsey's ability to get a complete grip on every aspect of how we play a game both before and during the match. That's what I want him to focus on. I'm not so interested in his contribution to building the rest of the club - other people can do that. It's a hard enough job just dealing with first team training, preparation and execution on the pitch.

Advertise the job after the last game, let Ramsey apply and if he's looking like the best of the applicants then give him the job. Will he be the best? I've no idea as he's still got games to play and we don't know who will apply.
Give Ramsey the job on 08:07 - Apr 13 with 2129 viewsFDC

Well said.
Give Ramsey the job on 08:21 - Apr 13 with 2108 viewsRangersDave

Amazing,

only 3 or so weeks ago some here were slating CR for last of nouse in substitutions, tactics etc.

A dose of reality needs to come to this thread really!

So far he's done what? well, look at the results. They show he's doing not very well overall since our beloved 'Arry went and left us in the merde.

However, it is correct to say he's only doing what he can with the team he got. And it takes time to get things working etc. but so far its still too early to say if he should be in the chair for next season.

My personal opinion, based on the collective games he's been in charge for, and not just a knee jerk reaction based on the last 3 games, is that i need to see a fight to the end, and not just a 'blip' in the disasterous season so far, that he has shown possibly capable of.

No one deserves a job based on 1 performance!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Give Ramsey the job on 08:27 - Apr 13 with 2093 viewsjohncharles

Give Ramsey the job on 17:23 - Apr 12 by WestonsuperR

I found the substitutions of Niko and Hoilett offensive two the worst performing players in the squad. As usual Hoilett did nothing, surely must be other options.

Other options ? He's got Junior and Niko or a couple youth team players. Sorry, and a goalkeeper, to choose from.

The legacy of Harry the fraud.

Strong and stable my arse.

Give Ramsey the job on 08:27 - Apr 13 with 2091 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think we should wait until the end of the season, his record so far is poor. There's no room for sentiment.
Give Ramsey the job on 08:38 - Apr 13 with 2080 viewsFDC

"There's no room for sentiment".

Your mantra, surely.

The day there's no room for sentiment in football is the day I finally give up on it all together. More than one poster on here has written about the renewal of their pride in the team, even in defeat. If there was no room for sentiment, then losing one nil to Chelsea in the 88th minute wouldn't really matter, because we were expected to lose and we did.

If there were no room for sentiment then I wouldn't care who plays for QPR, be it loyal and dignified club servant Clint Hill, or an arrogant 28 year old Argentinian with a penchant for posing for photographs doing fascist salutes.

It's not bloody stock-trading, it's football and there should be room for bloody sentiment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 8:38]
Give Ramsey the job on 08:42 - Apr 13 with 2068 viewsSpiritofGregory

Give Ramsey the job on 08:38 - Apr 13 by FDC

"There's no room for sentiment".

Your mantra, surely.

The day there's no room for sentiment in football is the day I finally give up on it all together. More than one poster on here has written about the renewal of their pride in the team, even in defeat. If there was no room for sentiment, then losing one nil to Chelsea in the 88th minute wouldn't really matter, because we were expected to lose and we did.

If there were no room for sentiment then I wouldn't care who plays for QPR, be it loyal and dignified club servant Clint Hill, or an arrogant 28 year old Argentinian with a penchant for posing for photographs doing fascist salutes.

It's not bloody stock-trading, it's football and there should be room for bloody sentiment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 8:38]

I'm not interested in left wing rhetoric. There is no room for sentiment can't you see that we are in trouble because we've been too generous.
Give Ramsey the job on 08:51 - Apr 13 with 2067 viewsFDC

"Left wing rhetoric"

LOL. Deary me, what are you actually on about?

There should be some sort of test where users have to demonstrate that they know what the words "left-wing", "right-wing", and "liberal" actually mean before using them in their posts.
Give Ramsey the job on 09:11 - Apr 13 with 2032 viewslave16

Give Ramsey the job on 08:51 - Apr 13 by FDC

"Left wing rhetoric"

LOL. Deary me, what are you actually on about?

There should be some sort of test where users have to demonstrate that they know what the words "left-wing", "right-wing", and "liberal" actually mean before using them in their posts.

I'd say give ramsey the job also... he's come in and proved he can motivate what formally looked like overpaid under committed players... he's also got the best out of matt phillips who harry was trying to offload... I don't think we will stay up but I believe he would give us the best chance of coming back up... and will turn around our failing youth system. His reputation (sherwood took the plaudits at spurs but most people know it was ramsey who worked with the young players) will attract better young players and so the future just may be a bit brighter if we let him have a crack at it.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Give Ramsey the job on 09:58 - Apr 13 with 1994 viewsQPunkR

Personally, I'm in the 'undecided' camp. I like Ramsey. I like how he's improved us in every which way since that fúcking wheeler-dealer finally pi$$ed off. He's made some strange decisions at times, but by and large I'd say he's improved us. And I can't fault him for all those home defeats in a row. Is it his fault Rob Green kicks like he had Mother Teresa's leg grafted onto his hip? Or that the ref against Spurs left the ground with his guide dog?
I like Ramsey and think he should be judged at the end of the season, not on where we finish, but on how we played getting there.

QPR - "shit but local"

Give Ramsey the job on 10:08 - Apr 13 with 1976 viewsTHEBUSH

I think it's been proved that when we bring in a named manager and once famous players, they only come for the money and not to bring QPR success.
Most on this board have been crying out for a decent football coach, well it looks like we've got one in CR.
Imo, he has to stay in whether we stay up or get relegated :((
I can't see our DOF sacking CR, so it's gonna be an interesting end of season
Give Ramsey the job on 10:23 - Apr 13 with 1950 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Ramsey is a great bloke, i love the way he's represented the club and it's essential he stays on in some capacity (i'm sure he'd stay on in his youth development role).

Not entirely sold on him as Manager yet. His results haven't been great, the performances wildly mixed and his tactics haven't always been on the money. However, you must acknowledge the shambles he inherited and the injury problems he's faced too.

No rush to appoint anyone permanent manager for me.

Let's finish the season, see what division we are in, interview the 3 or 4 best candidates (Ramsey being one of them, probably Warburton too) and then make an informed decision.
Give Ramsey the job on 10:46 - Apr 13 with 1928 viewsdaveB

Give Ramsey the job on 07:32 - Apr 13 by SpiritofGregory

Foolish not to blame Green for the goal, the defence won't appreciate being blamed for the goal.

Clint Hill blamed the back four as well
Give Ramsey the job on 10:48 - Apr 13 with 1919 viewsdaveB

Give Ramsey the job on 20:38 - Apr 12 by carlh5266

And Richard Dunne in the 92nd minute, maybe to run the clock down?

Isla was injured which is why Dunne came on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024