Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Ramsey the job 15:31 - Apr 12 with 25797 viewsGetMeRangers

After todays performance he deserves it
Give Ramsey the job on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 2477 viewsQPR_Jim

I think I would give him the job too, not out of sentiment but out of respect for the job he's done so far. You can point to the results and show how many games we've lost but I doubt you'd find anyone who thinks we were playing better under Harry.

Ramsey has several attributes I like in a manager, which we haven't had in a long time, such as passion. You can bring in another respected manager with better experience and not get Ramseys passion and motivation.

He's been working with an unbalanced squad which he inherited from Harry. There are areas with no cover, areas where the only cover is oaps and further areas where the covers either injury prone or disinterested. What I want to see is whether he can put together a balanced squad with the right blend of youth and experience. Based on the level headedness he shows in interviews and his history in youth development I don't see why he would be able to do that, given a window in which to operate.
Give Ramsey the job on 11:28 - Apr 13 with 2442 viewsstevec

It was Rob Greens fault, we know it was Rob Greens fault, Rob Green knows it was Rob Greens fault.

Given how appalling his kicking is, at half time, it might have been a good idea of someone on the coaching staff maybe pointing out to our defenders that, with him kicking into a strong wind second half, a calamity of this nature was entirely possible. That way, Onuoha and Isla might have been watching him instead of looking where they thought the ball was going.

In that respect, maybe it wasn't Rob Greens fault.
Give Ramsey the job on 11:57 - Apr 13 with 2403 viewsdaveB

tough call on Ramsey, I'd like to see him get a chance but it's a real gamble especially if we go down, some of his team selections and subs have been odd
Give Ramsey the job on 12:09 - Apr 13 with 2374 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd hate to see us give him the job now, only to sack him in November when were are plodding along in the bottom half of the Championship - but all the other managerial options (like Warburton, Clement, whoever) have already got other jobs.
Give Ramsey the job on 13:06 - Apr 13 with 2292 viewsjohnnyl14

Just wish fans would remember this is harry's squad with no ramsey additions and numerous injuries . Why did ramsey have 3 untried youngsters on the bench - no one else available - traourie due to start then injured in warm up. For me ramsey's done a great job football is more enjoyable and players fully behind him and it shows appoint him or we lose him to villa without doubt and then we will be depending on untried warburton we know ramsey wants the club to play attacking football at all levels great but give him a chance and get is own squad in. His tactics have generally been spot on even with the handicap of no experienced fuull backs in the suad, thanks harry.
Give Ramsey the job on 13:16 - Apr 13 with 2281 viewsAgedR

Give Ramsey the job on 08:38 - Apr 13 by FDC

"There's no room for sentiment".

Your mantra, surely.

The day there's no room for sentiment in football is the day I finally give up on it all together. More than one poster on here has written about the renewal of their pride in the team, even in defeat. If there was no room for sentiment, then losing one nil to Chelsea in the 88th minute wouldn't really matter, because we were expected to lose and we did.

If there were no room for sentiment then I wouldn't care who plays for QPR, be it loyal and dignified club servant Clint Hill, or an arrogant 28 year old Argentinian with a penchant for posing for photographs doing fascist salutes.

It's not bloody stock-trading, it's football and there should be room for bloody sentiment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 8:38]

Meant to mark this comment up, sorry FDC

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Give Ramsey the job on 13:29 - Apr 13 with 2248 viewsToast_R

What's the matter with people? He gets the job if he keeps QPR up. That was his task in hand so surely anything else is failure and he should return to the job he was originally employed to do.

We get so carried away with the old adage "Your only as good as your last game" on this board it's frightening.

Take a risk assessment FFS
Give Ramsey the job on 13:30 - Apr 13 with 2250 viewsTHEBUSH

Give Ramsey the job on 11:57 - Apr 13 by daveB

tough call on Ramsey, I'd like to see him get a chance but it's a real gamble especially if we go down, some of his team selections and subs have been odd

If we go down, Ramsey would probably be the best choice to make as our full time manager, he knows the club and what players to stay or leave.
As you know any manager is a gamble, anyway the decision for sure will be left until the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Give Ramsey the job on 14:18 - Apr 13 with 2182 viewswombat

Give Ramsey the job on 13:30 - Apr 13 by THEBUSH

If we go down, Ramsey would probably be the best choice to make as our full time manager, he knows the club and what players to stay or leave.
As you know any manager is a gamble, anyway the decision for sure will be left until the end of the season.

hes done well made us start believing again , but would you trust him with the massive rebuilding job thats got to happen this summer , isnt it something like 16 players due to leave plus any which maybe be sold anyway , caulker , austin , phillips its a huge job to get done this summer thats for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Give Ramsey the job on 14:24 - Apr 13 with 2174 viewsPunteR

Give Ramsey the job on 14:18 - Apr 13 by wombat

hes done well made us start believing again , but would you trust him with the massive rebuilding job thats got to happen this summer , isnt it something like 16 players due to leave plus any which maybe be sold anyway , caulker , austin , phillips its a huge job to get done this summer thats for sure

He's got Sir Les helping him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Give Ramsey the job on 14:28 - Apr 13 with 2170 viewsNeil_SI

You have to connect the dots.

The problem here is so many are purely focused on first-team results, rather than the health of the football club — and a lot of the strategy and solution I hear — is the same strategy and solution that the current owners have implemented since they got here.

You can't just bulldoze your way out of trouble — spending vast amounts of money on high profile managers and players is not going to bring you sustainable success if you're not going to concentrate on the very foundations and fabric of the football club.

There are very deep rooted problems at Rangers, and have been since the days we almost lost everything and went into administration. They've been made worse by owners dating back to Gianni Paladini's regime.

Prior to that point, we were a club with few and poor facilities, but were a hard working football club that was well respected by its peers up and down the country. Fast forward to all of this investment, we are now a football club with few and poor facilities, but no longer respected by many.

Do not under-estimate the impact that seemingly small difference has — it affects our ability to attract the right staff and players here, for the right reasons. It hasn't been a place to come to if you want to work hard and further your career on any level.

These problems are very real. If we want to increase the security and stability surrounding the place, and the probability and consistency of our performances and hopefully results, then we need to focus on these things — and they are more important than just first-team results, which you can get by sometimes with very short-term solutions.

Short-term solutions doesn't however make for a great football club, or a respected or happy one.

What QPR needs is to be run with respect and care, from top to bottom, from the owners through to the managers and players. That needs to start from the very top — which has been the real problem and is why we've suffered for so long, because the managerial appointments made have often reflected the boards agendas, and not the needs of the football club first.

The task at Rangers is huge. It was huge before the investment, it's even bigger now and it's going to be a problem for any manager, no matter how experienced or what their CV looks like. But we need someone willing to make that sacrifice, to help us put in place what's needed to restore standards, pride and self respect, because that's the only way we will be respected and taken seriously in the future. It's the only way we can change for the better.

There are not going to be many managers willing to do that, or risk their career for the amount of shit they'll inevitably end up dealing with here. Many of them, especially the more experienced ones, are going to come in and want everything done their own way — and when they don't get it — they're easily going to be able to point their finger at an inexperienced and incompetent board. The pass the buck and blame game is so easy to do at QPR.

But that's why Ramsey right now is a good fit. He is perfectly placed, having worked at all levels of the game, is keen to make the most of his opportunity and able to work with the board in order to satisfy his own personal ambitions and theirs.

He has fire in the belly and a drive to succeed and knows this is a big chance for him to fulfil his ambition to be a manager, but he is not pandering to anybody either. In the heat of a relegation battle, he's stayed true to his own expectations and put in place a regime where there are standards to be met, irrespective of the immediate needs in terms of results. He's stuck to his guns put the health of the football club first and stayed true to what he believes in.

That is what I want to see. That's what QPR needs. It doesn't need a high profile manager or a lot of money to do that, it just needs the basics of care and hard work.

The soul of the place has eroded massively over recent years, so if you give me a manager who is going to respect and care about the football club first, above anything else, then they will get my vote all day long. At this time, it's what we need, and what we've needed for years.
Give Ramsey the job on 14:48 - Apr 13 with 2121 viewslondonscottish

Give Ramsey the job on 14:28 - Apr 13 by Neil_SI

The problem here is so many are purely focused on first-team results, rather than the health of the football club — and a lot of the strategy and solution I hear — is the same strategy and solution that the current owners have implemented since they got here.

You can't just bulldoze your way out of trouble — spending vast amounts of money on high profile managers and players is not going to bring you sustainable success if you're not going to concentrate on the very foundations and fabric of the football club.

There are very deep rooted problems at Rangers, and have been since the days we almost lost everything and went into administration. They've been made worse by owners dating back to Gianni Paladini's regime.

Prior to that point, we were a club with few and poor facilities, but were a hard working football club that was well respected by its peers up and down the country. Fast forward to all of this investment, we are now a football club with few and poor facilities, but no longer respected by many.

Do not under-estimate the impact that seemingly small difference has — it affects our ability to attract the right staff and players here, for the right reasons. It hasn't been a place to come to if you want to work hard and further your career on any level.

These problems are very real. If we want to increase the security and stability surrounding the place, and the probability and consistency of our performances and hopefully results, then we need to focus on these things — and they are more important than just first-team results, which you can get by sometimes with very short-term solutions.

Short-term solutions doesn't however make for a great football club, or a respected or happy one.

What QPR needs is to be run with respect and care, from top to bottom, from the owners through to the managers and players. That needs to start from the very top — which has been the real problem and is why we've suffered for so long, because the managerial appointments made have often reflected the boards agendas, and not the needs of the football club first.

The task at Rangers is huge. It was huge before the investment, it's even bigger now and it's going to be a problem for any manager, no matter how experienced or what their CV looks like. But we need someone willing to make that sacrifice, to help us put in place what's needed to restore standards, pride and self respect, because that's the only way we will be respected and taken seriously in the future. It's the only way we can change for the better.

There are not going to be many managers willing to do that, or risk their career for the amount of shit they'll inevitably end up dealing with here. Many of them, especially the more experienced ones, are going to come in and want everything done their own way — and when they don't get it — they're easily going to be able to point their finger at an inexperienced and incompetent board. The pass the buck and blame game is so easy to do at QPR.

But that's why Ramsey right now is a good fit. He is perfectly placed, having worked at all levels of the game, is keen to make the most of his opportunity and able to work with the board in order to satisfy his own personal ambitions and theirs.

He has fire in the belly and a drive to succeed and knows this is a big chance for him to fulfil his ambition to be a manager, but he is not pandering to anybody either. In the heat of a relegation battle, he's stayed true to his own expectations and put in place a regime where there are standards to be met, irrespective of the immediate needs in terms of results. He's stuck to his guns put the health of the football club first and stayed true to what he believes in.

That is what I want to see. That's what QPR needs. It doesn't need a high profile manager or a lot of money to do that, it just needs the basics of care and hard work.

The soul of the place has eroded massively over recent years, so if you give me a manager who is going to respect and care about the football club first, above anything else, then they will get my vote all day long. At this time, it's what we need, and what we've needed for years.

Another great post.

My gut tells me it would be good to keep both Ramsey and Les F in place for the forseeable future and then hope against hope that they can start educating TF and the rest of the board about what the club's real priorities should be be and why.

Assuming the board want to listen, of course, and are not too distracted by sending tweets to designed to impress people in Malaysia in the short term.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Give Ramsey the job on 15:00 - Apr 13 with 2104 viewsadhoc_qpr

Given that wide, long term remit though, surely Warburton who has already been through a similar process with proven results at Brentford would also be a good fit?

Or Clement who has a deep affection for the club and could bring ideas and methodologies from the worlds best clubs to QPR?

Les Ferdinand will be the key player in sorting out the clubs long term infrastructure (training, scouting, youth, transfer policy etc) not the manager.

Ramsey ultimately was just the man who happened to be in the right place at the right time to get this gig, appointing him permanently without investigating all our options would be rash.
Give Ramsey the job on 15:28 - Apr 13 with 2043 viewsTheBlob

CR is a good number 2,but an archetypal caretaker manager.They don't get the breaks,they miss the tactical nuances.Okay he hasn't got much to play with but I suspect things wouldn't be much different if there was a full squad.Don't get me wrong he's worth keeping but I don't think he's the man for the managerial post.I'll lay odds the board don't trust him with a transfer budget.I also don't like the idea of a DOF either,look what frictions there were up at Newcastle.Too many cooks.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 15:29]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Give Ramsey the job on 15:32 - Apr 13 with 2039 viewsElHoop

Give Ramsey the job on 15:00 - Apr 13 by adhoc_qpr

Given that wide, long term remit though, surely Warburton who has already been through a similar process with proven results at Brentford would also be a good fit?

Or Clement who has a deep affection for the club and could bring ideas and methodologies from the worlds best clubs to QPR?

Les Ferdinand will be the key player in sorting out the clubs long term infrastructure (training, scouting, youth, transfer policy etc) not the manager.

Ramsey ultimately was just the man who happened to be in the right place at the right time to get this gig, appointing him permanently without investigating all our options would be rash.

That's spot on. We need to find the best man for the job of first team manager from the biggest available pool of talent. Having a successful team whilst building a better club don't need to be mutually exclusive objectives - they might might require two different people taking two different routes to the same place, but it's surely not impossibe?
Give Ramsey the job on 16:11 - Apr 13 with 1988 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is a depressing thread.

Neither pro or anti. I'm just sure that I know very little about the man in 2 and a half months and not in a position to judge him 'archetypical caretaker manager' or 'not manager material' and such like. I couldn't even tell you his favourite cheese.

Unless you have been hiding Cato style at Harlington and Loftus Rd it's unlikely you know little more than fvck all either.

Just chill out, and let things unfold. There are no experts here, just hopeful fanatics.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 16:11]
Give Ramsey the job on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 1933 viewsHarbour

Spot on Neil we do not need Allardyce or any other manager who will spend for quick fixes. make no mistake its going to take years to rebuild the club . unless the chairman and board are prepared to start again with the right philosophy...of course FFP next year may well force change on the club.
Give Ramsey the job on 17:13 - Apr 13 with 1889 viewsdaveB

I'd agree we need someone for the long term but not sure Ramsey is good enough to do that, I'd wait until the end of the season and see what division we are in before deciding on what we should be doing
Give Ramsey the job on 18:09 - Apr 13 with 1842 viewsterryb

Superb post Neil.

No decision has to be made as to who is manager for next season yet. So take your time, consider all possibilities & then appoint who you think is the right man for the long term. Another four year plan!

What I don't understand is why some posters consider that he should definitely go if we are relegated. Please tell us if you said the same about Redknapp when we were relegated.

After all HR is at least as much to blame for this season as Hughes was for that season & had 2/3rds of a season to change this round. Ramsey has had just a third.

Perhaps you would prefer another "big name" to come. Paul Lambert anyone?

Whoever is appointed will be a gamble.There is no guarentee that Warburton would be a sucess for us. I seem to recall that the last two managers to leave Brentford failed at their next post. That shouldn't rule him or anyone else out though.

Please TF or LF or whoever, take your time & get it right this time.
Give Ramsey the job on 18:47 - Apr 13 with 1803 viewsTheBlob

Give Ramsey the job on 16:11 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is a depressing thread.

Neither pro or anti. I'm just sure that I know very little about the man in 2 and a half months and not in a position to judge him 'archetypical caretaker manager' or 'not manager material' and such like. I couldn't even tell you his favourite cheese.

Unless you have been hiding Cato style at Harlington and Loftus Rd it's unlikely you know little more than fvck all either.

Just chill out, and let things unfold. There are no experts here, just hopeful fanatics.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 16:11]

Yeah,other peoples' inconvenient opinions are often depressing to the hopeful fanatic.

Give Ramsey the job on 18:57 - Apr 13 with 1795 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Give Ramsey the job on 18:47 - Apr 13 by TheBlob

Yeah,other peoples' inconvenient opinions are often depressing to the hopeful fanatic.

You may well be right about Ramsey.

But if you are it's coincidence and not expertise on his career.

And yeah, reading your nonsense is inconvenient.
Give Ramsey the job on 19:34 - Apr 13 with 1759 viewsTheBlob

Give Ramsey the job on 18:57 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

You may well be right about Ramsey.

But if you are it's coincidence and not expertise on his career.

And yeah, reading your nonsense is inconvenient.

Don't f*cking read it then.Coincidence?I think not.
I know it's an alien concept to you but there are people with opinions other than yours.
Typical leftie.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 19:44]

Give Ramsey the job on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 1733 viewsbosh67

Spot on Neil. Fantastic post.

The longterm health of the club is all important. It takes years to do it.

The Italians somehow shouted and bitched the club up the first time and Tony has tried to spend his way to success and that hasn't worked.

A lot of people say it is all about results and obviously that is part of it but you can't build something sustainable if there are no foundations and as you so beautifully put it, that is what has crumbled away here. Tony's best appointments this season have been Les and Chris. It may we'll take a drop and a lot of work to get the club right again but you have to get the product on the pitch right or nothing else works.

QPR is a football team playing the right kind of football. It is not a global brand. It can only become something bigger if the ethos of the club and the way it plays football works.

For me, we have to adopt the Ajax approach. Brilliant coaching staff, ambitious, attacking, and an academy that churns out and attracts young players and a few older ones who want to be part of a revolution.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Give Ramsey the job on 19:56 - Apr 13 with 1717 viewsdanehoop

It will never catch on. SOG has said so. We don't need continuity, improvement and long term planning. We need Stephen Pressley and ŵe need him now. Sack everyone else.

Never knowingly understood

Give Ramsey the job on 20:37 - Apr 13 with 1674 viewspaulparker

ok 1st things first I have to apologise to those that I offended yesterday
to much pop and that outcome was not a good combo
as for Ramsey I still stick to the fact that he shouldn't be the manager next year
yes he is a good bloke and maybe he is a good coach but in my eyes never a manager
next year is our most important we have many out of contract and we need a fresh new team in what's more than likely going to be a championship season, we need a bloke with good contacts a bloke who has knowledge of the lower leagues
Warburton is that man is free has an eye for a player plays great football and maybe will have 2 promotions to his name in 2 full seasons, that's the bloke we should be after
as for Ramsey being this great tactical wizard , again I don't see it , compared to redcrapp yes he is but all ive seen is 4-4-2 knocking it long to Zamora , is that it
4-4-2 ?? , yes he has been left a pile of sh1t but we still cant keep a clean sheet and still cannot keep our concentration when it matters , that's down to the coach or manager to install
we have lost important games against Hull, Everton, Spurs Palace, games that we should have got more out of chuck in the fact we have lost last minute goals to villa & Chelsea , the football has been better mildly but not great ,
sorry to burst peoples bubble here but Ramsey will do nothing at Rangers , this is a big job we need the best not a stop gap ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024